No CN/Nick/Disney thread

Post great cartoons that don't come from CN/Nick/Disney.

I'll start:
Moomin

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8srEvrF90-s
youtube.com/watch?v=PN30BvfZTd0
expirebox.com/download/d975f34562a8924a48708e791632cec3.html
expirebox.com/download/ea6542bfc9629451f7adcd8bb821e613.html
youtube.com/watch?v=HOp1wRImIxY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do animated shorts count?

If you have something good to share, share it

Here's something I watched the other day that I liked.

youtube.com/watch?v=8srEvrF90-s

Be warned, though. It contains several scenes of hand-holding.

I dunno if much people on here would know it: Alfred Jodocus Quack

>Sup Forums

Nah I'm just kidding. I love Moomin!

Is stuff that might have aired on one of the channels but not created for those channels (i.e. so just sort of 'distributed' by those channels) be alright? Because I remember seeing this on Nickelodeon and then later on The Disney Channel here in America as a kid but, the original UK broadcast was obviously to a different channel than any of those:
youtube.com/watch?v=PN30BvfZTd0

>Is stuff that might have aired on one of the channels but not created for those channels (i.e. so just sort of 'distributed' by those channels) be alright?

Hmm that's kind of going out of the point of the thread... but if it's good, go for it

surprisingly enough.

As an oldfag the fact that you felt the need to make this thread unnerves me greatly.

Yeah, thats common practice for stuff not made by big American networks as they tend to not expand that far. Both Oggy & The Cockroaches and One Piece changed the channel 4 times in Germany.

Also, to make sure this thread doesn't derail: Wunschpunsch was pretty good, that whole cartoon is based on the monkey paw.

With a great intro, as well!

I had a whole watchlist I made myself on IMDB of animated movies to get around to watching, and eventually own on DVD or something. Except, I'm actually seriously like ADHD, so often I get bored trying to watch them, and I feel anxious before I actually watch a movie for the first time and also, it's just kind of depressing because there are probably tonnes of cool animated movies I'll never be able to find. Anyway, I did watch this one, I think you can still find it on youtube, it was pretty much like an animated picture book, I remember finding it kind of nostalgic.

Fuck you tripfag. Moomin is an anime and you have shit opinions in general.

Would you mind linking me to this list? Thanks!

>moomin is anime
why?

People here talk about The Last Airbender and it's much more anime than moomin

This movie is great, parents didn't like it because it had balls

I used the HTML from the IMDB watchlist page to make this. Download the HTML file in the link below and open it with a web-browser. Also, there are a couple of TV-Pilots at the bottom of the list.

expirebox.com/download/d975f34562a8924a48708e791632cec3.html

Ah, shit. The links don't work.

I used the watchlist export feature, which makes it an excel file.

expirebox.com/download/ea6542bfc9629451f7adcd8bb821e613.html

It's been a long time since I saw the movie, what was ballsy about it?

The fact it had horror in it

Could've just said "Euro cartoons"

don't you tripfag on that guitar general on Sup Forums?

It was genuinely scary. There was actual peril/threat that made you think at times, "Fuck, this little girl is actually in danger."

Plus there was this whole sequence: youtube.com/watch?v=HOp1wRImIxY

Also, there were multiple dead children, if I remember

Moomin is a series of Finnish books with more than one adaptation, including but not limited to the Soviet shorts, German puppet show, or Polish stop motion. Troll harder and learn your shit for once. The most recent adaptation was French.

It was amazing

Moomin isn't an anime, it's based on a Finnish comic based on Finnish children's books, the characters, setting plot was Finnish and the production, art direction etc was strictly directed by the creator and her family. They just outsourced the actual labour to Japan.

Same way as a lot of current cartoons like Steven Universe or Star vs aren't animated in the west, they're animated in Korea or Japan or where-ever, but are still considered western cartoons because the creation, development, writing and art direction happen in the west.

Yeah, Avatar was mostly animated in Korean animation studios but people don't consider it a Korean cartoon despite that

People are just trying to troll moomin fans by insisting that it's an anime because the studios that did the actual animation were Japanese

Just touched this up a little recently. Now they're all feature length, I think.

Sorry about the Nick and CN stuff on here, but I think it's still mostly pretty good.