Who here liked this show better than Batman: The Animated Series and why?

Who here liked this show better than Batman: The Animated Series and why?

They're both shit compared to the patrician choice

The Batman was okay. It wasn't anything special, but it did a decent job of showing off Batman just starting out.
The episode with the Joker using the Internet was a bit cringy, though.

I don't really think of it as being better than B:TAS because I always saw it as part of the same narrative. It'd be like looking at a novel I've enjoyed and saying I enjoyed Chapter 23 more than Chapter 8; you could certainly do that, but it's not like the two chapters are in competition with one another because they're still part of the same whole.

It'd probably make more sense for me to say I liked The Brave and the Bold more than any Batman show in the DCAU, which if I'm honest with myself is the absolute truth.

>patrician choice
>literally the worst batman cartoon

Best Batgirl

Oh yeah, definitely. But that's far from the only aspect of the show that makes it the greatest animated Batman cartoon ever made.

probably one of the most overrated shows on this board

>overrated
More like underrated, the vast majority of posters about it are irrational haters.

I did. It's because BB has a way more interesting setting AND premise. Brucefags can suck it.

Careful, you're acting just like a SU faggot

t.TASfag who can't get over his nostalgia

>better Batman
>better villains
>better stories
>better sidecharacters
I'm giving this show a Ten out of 10.

It was a fun novelty, but the episodes themselves don't hold up nearly as well as the premise

I liked Season 1 of Batman Beyond more than B:TAS, but Season 2 of BB was just difficult to watch because of executive meddling forcing the show to become less overtly dark, enforce more "lesson of the day" morals, and including that fucking dyke Sam. I hate her with every fiber of my being because she added nothing to the show and was a smug cunt the entire time.

It's like how New Batman Adventures compares to B:TAS, only instead of just changing the designs and keeping the characters' personalities the same, you suddenly make everyone a Mary Sue and expect the audience to enjoy it.

One thing I appreciate the most from Beyond is Terry fighting the psychic from the Brain Trust, who turns out to be Mandragora's son, who gets shown in Justice League Unlimited, which shows an incredible amount of focus on continuity.

Terry was an awful batman might have been an okay spiderman though

rogue gallery was shit

stories/episodes weren't really memorable or impacting

and black best friend and asian girlfriend was garbage even for late 90s show was lame

>better villains
>better stories
>better sidecharacters

Absolutely fucking not, the villains especially sucked ass and could never be compared to the TAS rogues.
But I'll agree that Terry is cool. He's the only one who can replace Bruce as Batman without it feeling too forced

>stories/episodes weren't really memorable

What this user said. Sure there were style differences in appearance, but the story telling was all BTAS

I wish there were more recurring villains in it. Terry had neat foes, but it felt like only Inque and Shriek got more than two showings.

I definitely liked it more than BTAS, especially because the BTAS episodes coming out concurrently were in that godawful new style.

But yeah that fucking opening. I had already seen Akira on the scifi channel at age 8 and Bladerunner and Robocop and without knowing it cyberpunk dystopia had already become my favorite genre. The premise on this show, the music, the grotesque villains, keeping it about as dark as they could go, it was something I looked forward to every Saturday morning.

Meanwhile BTAS was having episodes where Batgirl fought giant chickens and shit.

What really made all the BB villains memorable were the ways in which they were defeated. Also, Shriek.

He's off his goddamned rocker.

A daughter trying to bond with her liquid-chemical mother only to murder her for money. A family that's only together because the mother and father are using the children. The stories were great.

Well, I do.

>Terry was an awful batman

That's because people try to compare him to Bruce. He's not THE Batman, but he is A Batman. They make this point a number of times in the show.

Critters was such a god awful episode.

Who is Sam?

.t Underaged who can't get over his nostalgia.

Not me. I never liked Beyond much. I stoped watching it at the episode where some guy is getting cucked and he's about to drill the other guys head or something. I only liked a few episodes and Return of the Joker movie.

I did, probably because I was a cyberpunkfag since my early childhood. Raised in poorfag family in a slavshit country with the lack of modern technology in my life made me fascinated by any sci-fi movies, cartoons, series etc.

I liked it better for a few reasons, but primarily because I think that the quality was far more consistent. Even the weaker episodes were solid. BTAS had really large highs, but then would turn around and have some massive stinkers.
I'll get attacked for this, but I also find Future Bruce and Terry more interesting than the central BTAS cast. Only Batman ever felt fleshed out, and even then he would switch from a stern but well meaning man to a complete dickhead. Future Bruce and Terry had very distinctive personalities that always felt consistent.

This. I feel like BTAS and BB did a really good job of exploring how a lot of the rogues were broken people in one way or another. The best episodes, I feel, were the ones where Batman legitimately tried to help the villains because he saw where they were going, or knew what was happening with them. The one with the dwarf woman who was obsessed with her child actor fame, the second of those was heartbreaking.

Mr Freeze? BTAS (and BB built on it) made Freeze a legitimately tragic figure.

Oh, and the Ventriloquist. God, I felt bad for that dude.

BB's villains tended toward less insane types and more self-destructive types. Maybe not straight up lunatics but certainly damaged people who were driving themselves into a downward spiral. I think a big difference is that Terry had less success in reaching out to his villains (IE: more of them just straight up fucking died or met horrible permanent fates).

To expand on this, and maybe oversimplify things:

If BTAS was about the poor state of mental health care, BB was about the poor state of drug rehabilitation.

... if you take some really really broad vague strokes, maybe.

More consistently good and wasn't afraid to show people getting killed.

And even when they didn't die, they met a gruesome and existentially horrifying end.

Remember the guy who sank into the center of the earth forever?

I did.
Simply because I love cyberpunk settings. I'm not gonna get pretentious and say it's better to justify my taste. Both shows were amazingly good and I enjoyed them from start to finish.