Jessica Chastain CONFIRMED to Play Villain Lilandra in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix'

>Jessica Chastain has confirmed that she'll soon be heading to Montreal to begin filming her scenes for Simon Kinberg's X-Men: Dark Phoenix.

>Back in June, THR reported that the Academy Award-nominated actress was in talks for the role of the villainous (at least, initially) Majestrix of the Shi'ar Empire, Lilandra Neramani, and Chastain has made it pretty clear that her character has ill intentions towards the X-Men with her Instagram snap below.

>As comic book fans will no doubt be aware, Lilandra and Charles Xavier actually wind up becoming an item, so it'll be interesting to see how their dynamic plays out on the big screen.

comicbookmovie.com/x-men/dark_phoenix/jessica-chastain-confirms-x-men-dark-phoenix-role-as-the-villainous-shiar-empress-lilandra-a152994

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/new-x-men-dark-phoenix-characters/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How soon before she complains about the paycheck?

'Villain Lillandra?' that's a little harsh isn't it

What's her problem?

>Lilandra
>villain
Not an X-fag, and even I know that's bullshit.

Though I find it amusing that they're straight up telling everyone that she won't be a "villain" for long.

>lilandra
>villain
normies will never into Shiar empire

When the movie releases.... guaranteed.

Too hot for that part.

>This means Chastain is in the same city as me
How do you seduce a movie star Sup Forumsmrades?

>Lilandria
>Villain

So it looks my complete disinterest in watching X-Men movies continues.

Wait isn't Lilandra a good guy

What a mess. Between trying to make us care about this Jean, her friends one of which was a villain for the entirety, dealing with Magneto's acolytes, and now the entire Shiar Empire. The only way to make this more convoluted is including a love subplot between Xavier and Lilandra.

During the end of the Dark Phoenix she tried to execute Jean for destroying countless lives during her rampage, but yes, villain is putting it loosely.

That's not being a villain though, that's holding somebody accountable for destroying a star system.

Phoenix or otherwise.

Forget normies, fuckin' muties will never into the Shi'ar Empire.

I still assert that the X-Men should offer themselves up to the Imperial Guard in exchange for mutant kind setting up shop on one of the lesser populated worlds. They could even set up a call center for mutants who want off Earth. And the Empire could help track down and capture the high priority mutant villains just so there's no sense of unfinished business.

Look, I know the X-Men want to maintain hope and all, and an outright exodus might seem like letting prejudice win, but really at this point they should just fucking leave. Mutant/human relations will NEVER get better. Ever.

It's high time to just call it in. It's just getting sad at this point.

>Bring your X-Men comic collection to the set
>Wait until she walks off set to get something to eat
>Walk up to her and politely ask "Excuse me, m'am?"
>Wait for her to turn around
>Immediately pelt her in the face with comic books
>Scream "I KNOW THE MATERIAL MORE THAN YOU CUNT"
>While she's disoriented, grab her lunch, pull down you pants, and stick your dick in it
>Toss the lunch at the nearest male to express your dominance
>While she composes herself, masturbate furiously and shout "There's more of this at *insert address*" until climax
>Run away beating your chest
>Wait at apartment for the prize

Best of luck Sup Forumsmrade.

I did say loosely. The proper term would be antagonist.

Anyone else thinks she should be Dark Phoenix instead?
This new actress is... well, she's not good.

Marvel writers really don't care about alien lives for some reason, especially compared to DC writers.

I mean, I don't agree with holding the host of an unpredictable and feral cosmic 'horror' like the Phoenix accountable for what the Phoenix does; that's wrong.

However, I can totally see with Lilandra's coming from as it is a grossly outrageous scale of destruction. That's fucked and needs to be dealt with, whether one's response to it is emotional or motivated by fear.

user's right; she's 'loosely' a villain in that regard but hardly a staunch antagonist.

be a movie star or famous person yourself. Or an industry person. Or a rich person.

>I don't agree with holding the host of an unpredictable and feral cosmic 'horror' like the Phoenix accountable for what the Phoenix does
This was before the Phoenix Force was retconned into being a thing.
At this point Jean Grey was the Phoenix and the Phoenix was Jean Grey.
The Phoenix Force was basically the retcon with which they revived Jean and absolved her of destroying an inhabited solar system.

Oh god, was it?

That's kind of fucked. Think it would've worked better had she just been Phoenix, and developed her as having to deal with power that outrageous.

Or keep her dead for years and bring her back for really special events.

It'll be weird seeing the X-Men deal with aliens.
All movies up until now have either been about humans trying to kill mutants, or mutants trying to take over the world and kill humans. It was always about the human vs mutant conflict in some way.
With aliens, you kind of lose sight of that, and it just becomes a normal superhero movie like any other.

More like Jessica Chestain amirite.

>"Mutants are people and deserve to be treated as equals."
>"Aliens are monsters. Fuck em!"
Yeah, bit of a dissonance there.

But then, it's hardly surprising DC treats aliens as just regular folk more often. It'd be kinda retarded for the company that has Superman to shit on non-humans.

You forgot about the new leads like Sunfish and the hell fire club

Sunfire dammit

>This was before the Phoenix Force was retconned into being a thing.
wasn't the phoenix force interested in Jean because she saved a friend from death for a few seconds many issues before the dark phoenix saga?

>Think it would've worked better had she just been Phoenix, and developed her as having to deal with power that outrageous.
Well that's how it started. She stuck with the team as the Phoenix for a dozen issues or more. She saved the entire universe once during that time. Then the Hellfire Club messed with her head until she lost her composure and went dark.
>Or keep her dead for years and bring her back for really special events.
Well she was dead for several years and Claremont would've left her dead for good. It was editorial and Jim Lee who dragged her back from the grave so they could make an O5 X-Men book despite it being a terrible, terrible idea.

This. They wait for the movie to come out and hit a billion. Then they try to pulling all the stops.

They should've rebooted before doing aliens. Make costumes and characters more colorful and alive.
Then do aliens.

This is gonna be worse than Apocalypse.

>Simon Kinberg's

Wait, Singer went through all that stupid shit to set up Dark Phoenix again only to bail at the last second AGAIN???

What, will he come cry with another reboot in 20 years?

>Jennifer Lawrence and her J-Men
>hitting a billion
oh I am laffin

>Jennifer Lawrence and her J-Men

Why did I laugh so hard

Are you actually going to watch this movie, Sup Forumsmrades?
Apocalypse completely burned me out on this movie franchise and the way this movie is shaping up, it looks like they're not even realising their mistake. So unless people sing this movies' praises from the rooftops, I'll probably give it a pass.

I'll watch it for Cuckclops, his friends and cult leader Magneto.

Probably not unless it somehow becomes highly recommended

I still haven't seen Apoc

I still enjoy McAvoy and Fassbender plus Singer isn't directing. So Ill watch

Wait, where's Iceman?

Because Fox X-Men likes to take the easy way out. The main villain of the Dark Phoenix Saga was Jean Grey, herself.

All the Hellfire Club did was reveal Jean's repression of her true self: a genocidal nymphomaniac.

Why does anyone give a shit about FoX-Men? The rights need to go to Disney.

No. The rights need to go to Disney.

Yes because I liked nuX-men movies and fuck you

>Scott, this is Professor X, speaking directly to your mind. I command you to wheel me towards those titties.

That image is of all the chracters that showed up during the first part of Claremont's X-Men run (that pic seems to go up to some part of Phoenix saga).
Iceman never showed up in person during that period, the best thing close to a real appearance he got was when a mad scientist created robot duplicates of the O5. Every other O5 had real guest appearances or got integrated back into the team, but Iceman just stayed gone for the entirety of Claremont's original run.

would've been better if they started with Lilandra's story first before that Phoenix shit. these execs really have no sense of story build up and tension. fuck them.

>tfw there's so little love for Ororo these days

Did they forget about Sinister or is he scheming somewhere.

Or just an extremely attractive normal person. I remember an interview where Angelina Jolie talked about occasionally having casual sex with guys she met in bars just because she found them attractive. I'm sure this applies to most celebrities realistically.

is WarStar in the movie or not?, thats all i care about

Remeber that the professor died, he was like the embassador of mutants for alien and human species

What, you expected a consistent continuity?

Another movie with Phoenix? No thanks.

They are making it a new trilogy? Fuck that.

Jean is still played by Sansa. FUCK NO.

screenrant.com/new-x-men-dark-phoenix-characters/
Check and guess

This is exactly why I don't like the X-men films. Their continuity is so fucking flimsy

>Another movie with Phoenix?
This is a dark phoenix movie not a movie about the cure with the phoenix at the end.

After Dofp it gets pretty clear. I think everything is just in a new timeline.

The picture posted IS DoFP

Not to mention after fixing the future they made a story where the future is fucked up again (not to insult Logan obviously)

Yeah. I hope the main xmen stay in the 90s to be honest.

>>A film coming out next year that Fox is being so tight lipped about that almost all information feels flimsy

Fan4stic, here we come!

Who'll be the next to be shopped out of this

I mean it did just start filming like last week.

She has the tits and the browless alien beauty face, but I'm really skeptical of a Dark Phoenix saga on screen.

Lilandra should be played by an Asian woman.

>ywn have sex with Angelina Jolie in her prime

I burned out at Origins Wolverine. I only saw First Class after.

>Lilandra
>villain
I fucking hate the X-Men movies. At least this might mean ~SYNERGY~ takes hold to bring her back. Gladiator as emperor of the Shi'ar is fucking lame.

How do you burn out on movies that only come out once in 2 years?

Why does anyone care about this movie if wolverine isn't in it?

It's literally the perfect time to introduce a new, actually good, wolverine to the X-Men movie verse.

>go to Disney
You mean Disney needs to pay the 2 billion dollar price tag they wouldn't have had to pay if they didn't wait so long to buy Marvel.

After Disney pays the absurd amount of millions for the Star Wars home release rights.

>posting a picture with Hugh in it
user where have you been? Also Ajax and Gina Carrano were likely one and dones

Yeah, it's really clumsy how Fox's pretending those ever mattered to the big picture. After all it was just to keep the original pic's composition

But then again we could say that about Deadpool in general, they barely even wanted to produce the thing

>fan4stick in the pic
Fucking kek

user here. This works, confirmed.

I read somewhere they're going to stop focusing so much on McAvoy and Fassbender's Xavier/Mags dynamic, and since that's what I've been wanting more of from this franchise since First Class (IMO, the best of the series besides X2), I'll give it a pass.

What's the alternative, watch two hours of Jessica Lawrence and Sansa Stark trying to emote without moving their faces? Fuck that.

I kinda feel bad for Trank, but then again, it's his fault, mostly.

You are literally everything wrong with everything. Wolverine is done. They are focusing on the new young cast and first class cast.

New mutants sounds 10 times more interesting. Wanna see if they can make Wolfsbane's transformation not dumb as shit. Also curious what they will do with magik. I don't know that much about her but if I'm not mistaken she has really turned up the crazy demon bitch thing in recent years under bendis

Apocalpse was the final straw for me. These movies rarely even feel like X-Men and Kinberg is complete trash who needs to go.

I'm moderately interested.

>In 1991, the X-Men - Professor Charles Xavier (James McAvoy), Jean Grey (Sophie Turner), Cyclops (Tye Sheridan), Storm (Alexandra Shipp), Nightcrawler (Kodi Smit-McPhee), Quicksilver (Evan Peters), Beast (Nicholas Hoult) and Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence) - face their greatest challenge yet when the Shi'ar Galactic Empire arrives on Earth to execute Jean Grey, whose expanding telepathic and telekinetic powers represent a threat to the entire cosmos. In doing so, they inadvertly awaken the mighty and merciless Dark Phoenix from the darkest corners of Jean's mind, placing all of existence at peril. To both save Jean and stop the Phoenix's rampage, the X-Men must once again join forces with Magneto (Michael Fassbender) to confront the forces of Empress Lilandra (Jessica Chastain).

>Every movie has them forgive magneto for the last movie, team up with him, then get mad at him again

What about x force

>trusting the birds
>fucking ever

Nigger they are worse than the fucking Kree. Involving themselves in pointless wars is their bread and butter.

Gladiator just declared war on fucking Asgard and fucks Earth and humanity over every chance he gets. I guarantee that the second the X Men land on Throneworld Gladiator would immediately order them into a suicide mission against the Avengers, and then act shocked and offended when they're somewhat hesitant.

Jim Lee had nothing to do with it, and editorial (or at least Shooter) wasn't too taken with the idea. It's Layton's and Busiek's fault.

coming after Deadpool 2

Ill watch it when the blu ray rip is out to be pirated
Apocalypse was shit, DoFP was 7-8/10 at best
Only good film in the franchise is Logan

Pretty sure they forgot

Gambit is coming first.