Death Battle Discussion

Previous DB; youtube.com/watch?v=qEirUxHqN60

Up Next: Balrog (Street Fighter) vs T.J. Combo (Killer Instinct)

My personal wishlist;
Galactus vs Unicron (w/ a tie-in DBX of Silver Surfer vs Galvatron)
Thanos vs Darkseid (no Infinity Gauntlet or Anti-Life equation)
War & Death (Darksiders) vs Dante & Virgil (Devil May Cry)
Teal'C from Stargate SG-1 vs Worf from Star Trek TNG/DS9
Red Sonja vs Xena
Miguel O'Hara (Spider-Man 2099) vs Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond)
Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star) vs Saitama (One-Punch Man)
Vision vs Red Tornado
Wario vs Shadow the Hedgehog
Goro (Mortal Kombat) vs Machamp (Pokémon)

Episodes previously from my wishlist;
Goku vs Superman
Terminator vs Robocop
Godzilla vs Gamera
Darth Vader vs Doctor Doom
Green Arrow vs Hawkeye
Flash vs Quicksilver
Hulk vs Doomsday

Why? episodes:
Yoshi vs Riptor
Vegeta vs Shadow
Luke Skywalker vs Harry Potter
Goku vs Superman 2 (doesn't how many you make the weaboos will never be happy)
Pikachu vs Blanka
Beast vs Goliath

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-lTJPRKoIpA
youtube.com/watch?v=uKZQgmTmyzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dYsI7PSZOao
youtube.com/watch?v=RIN_VkcZXfg
youtu.be/9Wb0X4SzszM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Steel fighting vs psychic fighting
>The steel fighting wins

Bs, Renamon should have wiped the floor with Lucario

It's not all vidya related sperglord

Also Nick Cramer keeps pushing for pic related to happen and I kinda want it too because lulz.

>psychic fighting
Probably more like Grass/Fighting

>Grass/Fighting

More like ghost/fighting

>Forgot pic

I'm still waiting for Smokey the Bear vs McGruff the Crime Dog.

Without getting into the physical characteristics of humanoid dogs or bears, wouldn't police officer/detective > forest ranger?

probably

Serious sam vs Duke nukem

Boomstick vs the other announcer guy :^)

I want Shulk vs Neo but neither of those are Sup Forums characters. When it comes to Sup Forums characters, I really want to see:
Shrek vs Chewbacca
Dr. Manhattan vs Demonbane (lol, like anything from that loli hentai is ever going in)
The Spectre vs Stardust the Super Wizard
Bugs Bunny vs Mickey Mouse (probably not happening either, Disney would sue, sadly)

Screwattack is retarded af

The only worthwhile things from this show are the fights, and sometimes even those look like fucking shit. Just watch the One Minute Melee guy instead. He's cool.

These

>Death Battle Discussion

who the fuck actually gives a shit about Death Battle

Which battle(s) are you butthurt over?

anyone hoping this show gets Screwattack sued to shit? it's pretty much the only thing they have that's worth a damn and it's probably a copyright prosecutor's wet dream

>yfw they do a Goku vs Superman 3: Dawn of Butthurt

I'd always wanted to see Mickey vs. Bugs, but they pretty much confirmed they won't do it because they're known to be copyright crazy.

Mickey in all incarnations is the superior fighter, and he's taken down some formidable foes (the giant from the Brave Little Tailor is my personal fave), but Bugs is smarter and has toonforce powers.
Also, it's never clearly defined what can actually kill a Looney Tune--Daffy has died before when they needed him to be a ghost for a joke, but he can also tank point-blank shotgun blasts to the face without any trouble.
By that logic, I feel like a Looney Tune can only die if it serves the purpose of making a joke.

Maybe Bugs' ultimate attack could be him breaking the fourth wall a la Duck Amuck and becoming the animator.

>mfw I looked up demonbane and stardust

The only thing worse than the one-sided matchups they often do on this show is that they somehow wind up still getting some of them wrong anyhow.

If Who Framed Roger Rabbit is canon to both universes then dip can kill both of them.

Like which ones?

That Trocadero song for their Red vs Blue match was pretty rad.
Is it going to be available on itunes soon? I couldn't find it, and the RWBY vol 4 soundtrack is out, so I thought it would be released.

Since Hellsing Alucard is too OP to use, I hope for this at some point.

I like it

Master Chief vs Doomguy
Rogue vs Wonder Woman
Mario vs Sonic

I love the Vampire Hunter D movies. But SotN Alucard many more vampiric abilities, relics, weapons, and magic.

What'd they get wrong?

Captain Marvel vs Thor would be a nice matchup.

If not completely indeterminable.

>sucks how they manage to screw up even some completely one-sided matchups
>like which ones?
>*gives three examples*
>like which ones, again?

user bls

I'm asking what did they get wrong in those episodes.

Captain Marvel vs Captain Marvel (Shazam)

The outcome.

Not him but, give details you faggot

Reminder: There's always someone worse
youtube.com/watch?v=-lTJPRKoIpA

>Gumball.exe
What the fuck

Da fuq did I just watch?

This doesn't exist right? It's just a bad joke someone made up.

That's not what pisses me off. It's pretty just the quality of the fights are so poor that makes awful stuff like Birdemic or New PPG seem good. Although stuff like Yoshi vs. Riptor made me cringe.

Doesn't really need to happen. We all know exactly how it's going to go:

They get something wrong in the video.
Someone in the comments points it out.
The usual suspects go into screaming seizures of LOLOLOLOLOL EPIC BUTTHURT XDXDXDXD FANBOYS BTFO, flood the comments section with their desperately smug spam, and go off to collect their participation medals.

This happens in pretty much anything that even vaguely resembles a versus debate. They would probably go much more smoothly if the smuglets weren't so overly sensitive.

>watching DB
>not watching true patrician fighting animations

youtube.com/watch?v=uKZQgmTmyzQ

I still holding on for that Samurai Jack vs Guts fight...

If I only cared about the fight animations sure. But I care more about how and why the character won, besides the fight scenes are just abstract representations of the math behind it like in Deadliest Warrior.

Didn't one minute melee kick off animators who went back to death battle, though? The guy who did music for the green arrow vs Hawkeye DB did music for OMM' s Superman vs Saitama. When he went back to ScrewAttack for music for Voltron vs Megazord, they kicked him off. Same thing for the girl who animated the lucario DB. She went to OMM and when she went back she got kicked off too.

Fuck death battle

It's because SA cut OMM when they found out he was treating the animators he was hiring like shit (when he starting working with SA it just him but then he started subcontracting). So now he being a salty bitch about it.

>Fuck death battle
Ok, I guess... I mean Chad James is cute so you can have the rest.

To be fair, for Mario vs Sonic, iirc they counted Archie Sonic, and Archie Sonic is absolute bullshittery tier. People talk about Mario tanking black holes, Sonic's tanked the death of reality 3 times

Didn't see the video, doubt it's as bad as this
youtube.com/watch?v=dYsI7PSZOao
GAME TIME!: Find the cringiest comment you can find

>War & Death vs. Dante and Vergil

OP I thought you wanted a deathbattle, not a curbstomp

>Kenshiro vs Saitama

Repeat comment

>Wario vs Shadow

Okay I'd watch this for the laughs though

TifaxYang

Well he isn't tanking it a 4th time.

>War & Death vs. Dante and Vergil
>OP I thought you wanted a deathbattle, not a curbstomp
Which way would it be a curb stomp?

I don't know about user on Rogue vs Wonder Woman, but as far as Mario vs Sonic is involved, I personally think that's a pretty even matchup.

Master Chief vs Doomguy was retarded though. Doomguy should've won without a doubt. Not only has he handled far worse than Chief, but him dying to Chief's grenade when they said right in the video that Doomguy's speed and reactions (latter which is necessary to do well in a shooting scenario) basically far outclassed that of Chief's. The ONLY real, canonical reason Chief would have survived that battle at all is thanks to his supposedly stupid luck, but his luck in the worst of cases gets him out of the fights he can't win, not magically win every one.

As much as I love darksiders, Dante and Vergil would shit stop over their opponents and no one can convince me otherwise.

darksiders 3 soon

Dante and Vergil, so much without a doubt it isn't even funny

I guess I should specify that Dante and Vergil are the ones doing the curbstomping, as this user said here

Their powers are literally fanfiction.net tier

>Vegeta vs Shadow
This is the "Why?" fight that makes the most sense though

The probably with Tifa x Yang is that the super awesome durability they gave Yang was completely disproved in Volume 3, along with the fact that her semblance isn't the automatic "I win" button they made it out to be.

At least for that one they were up front about the fact that they had a horse in the race.

Not when this exists
youtube.com/watch?v=RIN_VkcZXfg

About to check this out. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!

"I have my limits, I mean I did Bill vs Discord."
I'm going to give Season 3 a shot when he starts doing but seriously FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

shit sorry 94364973 here, there is supposed to be an "it" in between doing and but. That video must of knocked a couple of my brain cells out of this existence to warn the other timelines... or some shit.

If TJ don't win, I don't care. Balrog has never been as strong in comparison. Especially reboot TJ

I just want an episode with Optimus Prime vs. Megatron. Then I can finally stop caring about this show.

As badass as Aang if I feel like even Yamcha could win against him.

My wishlist:

GaoGaiGar vs. Voltron
Thanos vs. Darkseid (like how you said, OP)
The Wonderful 101 vs. a single Green Lantern
The Wonderful 101 vs. Godzilla
Overwatch vs. G.I. Joe

Doomguy kills the Master Chief without a doubt. He's faster, stronger, and with a better arsenal.

Pushing it, but yeah Krillin could definitely beat Aang at this point

>Wonderful 101 vs. a single Green Lantern
>Wonderful 101 vs. Godzilla

These both sound like incredibly fun fights, but my money would go easy to the Wonderful 101 without hesitation.

Also my wishlist:

>Samurai Jack vs Ryu Hayabusa
>Samurai Jack vs Guts
>Megas vs Symbionic Titan

Yamcha could still take out Aang, he is the 4th strongest human on the planet

>implying

youtu.be/9Wb0X4SzszM

Yamcha hasn't really done anything in a long time though. The most impressive thing he's done was withstand 500 times Earth gravity and take several hits from Perfect Cell. In reality though, his speed and destructive ability, as well as matchup in this case, shouldn't really be able to meet against Avatar State Aang. If you said Roshi or Tien though I'd totally be willing to believe you since they're arguably leagues apart from Yamcha.

Alright people, whet are particular vulnerabilities in the death battle rules? Personally, I don't really like all the physics equations to determine force. I mean, sometimes it's fine because it's an act on the end of what a character has been shown capable of, but a lot of the times it's something done for cinematic effect, which is especially problematic when it comes to anime.

Hermione w/ Time Turner stomps Juggernaut
Hermione w/o gets rekt

Just remember user, he still has plot armor

I saw some stuff about this once. Apparently doomfags think that in game mechanics should be accounted for doomguy but not for the Chief? What makes doomguy able to survive just being shot? I mean... The chief has force fields at least.

That's one of them. They do tend to rely way too much on those equations, even if there are times where it's perfectly fine to use them, Death Battle tends to misunderstand their point even now.

Some of their other analytical weaknesses off the top of my head include:
>Failing to account for scenarios that are 50/50 instead of skewed clearly one way like they like to believe
>Failing to account for certain vital information (rare but it happens)
>Making one character win a matchup they really shouldn't have through means and/or logic that weren't quite sound or skewed to bias (Scout vs. Tracer)

Ooh, those are good ones. I'm curious what examples there are off the top of your head?

Gaara should have won, faster reaction time, faster attacks, etc...

Well, you know, Doomguy even on the highest difficulty only takes about 1/3 of his total health from getting blasted in the face by burning green hellfire...

I want DIO Brando vs Alucard

Walter vs Hanayama

>but my money would go easy to the Wonderful 101 without hesitation.
I'm not so sure about either of those. With the GL, I was conflicted on whether or not they should fight maybe 2-3 GLs at once, but I don't think that anything they do whenever they fight normally is anything outside of a GL's range. But anyway, I could see things going either way but there might even be a slight edge to the GL. The W101 have more limitations on their powers and they have to fight as a team, whereas GLs are free to fight on their own, plus they've got flight available to them. The W101 can create multiple Unite Morphs but there's only so many they can make, and GLs can create multiple constructs as well. The W101 have sheer numbers but I don't think a single Wonderful One is going to do much to a Green Lantern.

With Godzilla, I'm not so sure because honestly, I don't know that much about Godzilla. The W101 do fight kaiju on a regular basis, so fighting Godzilla would be remarkably similar to fighting the GEATHJERK but I'm pretty sure Godzilla is tougher than anything else they've fought, unless I'm wrong.

>Samurai Jack vs Ryu Hayabusa
>Megas vs Symbionic Titan
Oh hell motherfucking yes.

Well, for the first one

>Failing to account for scenarios that are 50/50
Ryu only arguably lost to Scorpion in their analysis because for some reason, it was mandatory in their eyes that he go from his demonic form to his enlightened form, when the second had the power necessary to kill Scorpion in this matchup specifically. There was no realistic reason for him to have to make one transformation to the other, and could've been assumed as a tie depending on which way it went.

>Failing to account for certain vital information
Again, Ryu vs Scorpion is one example. Ryu not only has experience with enemies that teleport, but has also fought on terrain where lava is a constant nearby hazard; yet they cited "lol scorpion can just teleport and dunk ryu in lava anytime" as a main reason for why he'd win.

Also not that I disagree with their result that DMC4 Dante would beat Bayo in a fight, but their analysis of why that's the case was canonically incorrect (also ties into what you said about them relying way too much on mathematics.) They counted a feat that was pushed for cinematic effect from DMC3 Dante, the earliest Dante in the DMC timeline, at a cutscene during his weakest period in the game when he had yet to discover himself and let loose his boundaries (kind of like Superman when he made all those mental barriers for himself).
Though Hideki Kamiya has no official say in DMC canon past 1 (as it's the only one he worked on), he did still make DMC1 and Bayonetta, and did officially state that Bayonetta would beat DMC1 Dante in a fight. Saying Dante would beat Bayo because of something he did in a prequel to the version of him that would still lose the matchup anyway is retarded.
Also not that it matters IMO but Bayonetta has a Royal Guard too and that could've changed matchup dynamic drastically.

>I don't think a single Wonderful One is going to do much to a Green Lantern
I'll agree with this, but even singular Wonderful Ones are insanely powerful. Do remember that Blue stood against Vijounne on his own independently, and that Red on his own is capable of easily taking down gangs of Geathjerk on par with the Die-Doughgoo.

Also two things that make me biased for the Wonderful 101: Hero Counter and Unite Bomb.

>Godzilla is tougher than anything they've fought

I mean

They did take down a several quintillion ton robot once. Sure it was with help and they were in giant robots but they still did it.

That one was a really mixed bag for me. I get why Gaara fans would be upset about the conclusion, but I can see the possibility of Toph winning.
Gaara is way faster and has larger range, but Toph's earth-sense sometimes seems like precog and she would have more control over the sand as soon as it's in her much smaller range.
The Real problem is that Toph can compress sand into earth (or rocks, or mud) with ease. And Gaara is literally flying around on something Toph can turn into rock, which he has no control over, WEARING sand armor.
Though that speed difference is HUGE. Gaara should be able to attack her faster than she can react, even if her extrra senses know what he's going to do. Like Daredevil vs. Spidey

Toph can turn sand into rock, Gaara can turn rock into sand. It's pretty even.

Is this a joke? Saiyan saga vegeta could destroy a planet. Master Roshi in OG DB could destroy the moon. There is nothing Aang could do against Yamcha at this point. I know its fun to joke about Yamcha sucking, but he could kill avatar state Aang with a flick of his wrist at this point.

Can't universally assume stronger characters can pull off feats in static scale compared to weaker ones and vice versa, etc. etc.

All I want is to see someone go up agains Albert Wesker. They did a OMM with him and batman that pissed off a metric shit ton of the batfags despite the fact that Wesker was obviously going to win it, but I want a proper DB starring Wesker.

>I'll agree with this, but even singular Wonderful Ones are insanely powerful. Do remember that Blue stood against Vijounne on his own independently, and that Red on his own is capable of easily taking down gangs of Geathjerk on par with the Die-Doughgoo.
I forgot about that. Good point. I still wouldn't put a singular Wonderful One past, say, Golden Age Superman though.

>Also two things that make me biased for the Wonderful 101: Hero Counter and Unite Bomb.
Unite Bomb is some pretty OP shit, to be fair.

>They did take down a several quintillion ton robot once.

But:

>it was with help and they were in giant robots

This match up should be the Wonderful 101 without any outside help and outside of any mechs vs. whoever.

Not him, but aren't the Saiyan arc feats non-canon filler?

Also Yamcha has been useless since that arc, not being able to do dick against any major threat. Hell, I don't think he was even there to fight the fucking Frieza grunts in Super when even Roshi and Tien managed to take down a dozen or so.

>Yamcha hasn't really done anything in a long time

The man has Single Handedly defeated an entire other Universe. Pic goddamn related.

Gaara vs Toph will always be my end all be all of "This is stupid".