Black Superheroe Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_graffiti
youtube.com/watch?v=HJMw8cUGjwI.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So let's continue with our dear karate kick ass ebeny goddess

alright guys anyone got new ideas?

I shat that drawing out in 5 minutes. If someone that draws better than me wants to use it as a base for another drawing, go for it. I meant for the grey part to have a tire tread pattern on it.

I need more ebony girls in my life Sup Forums help me

>haffu mongrel

Uh oh, there are currently two threads.

Pick one, guys!

Yikes! she looks like a member of the Burger King Kids Club

Reposting relevant concepts from previous thread. Those aren't the canon by any means, just the ones where people put work into and where some elements can be used.

>Riki aka Bounce

Concept 1
Turned into a living rubber woman in an industrial accent. Once homely looking she's now capable of looking like whatever she wants and uses her shapeshifting to launch a successful modeling career. She's even started acting in B-movies that have hired her for more for her looks than her talent.

Deep down inside she doesn't feel worthy of her newfound fortune.
Before the accident she was a single mother drawing welfare. She had a high school education. She worked minimum wage at tire factor.

She was a loser. She was the stereotypical single black female leech. She was fat. She was a joke.

And now she's a millionaire. Based on nothing but luck.

Riki has joined the Watch both to prove that there's more to her than rubber and to fight the gangs that are trying to recruit her son. She's willing to brave any challenge and any danger to prove to her son that her mother is not a loser. She'd die before he becomes a gang banger like his father.

So now there are two threads
Pick one people

Concept 2

So Bounce, down to her luck, takes a job in a car manufacturing plant. College wasn't going as planned, so she dropped out. At the plant, she learned the in's and outs of how cars work and most importantly wheels. After a few months, she decided to quit and pursue a new career. One that gave her a newfound confidence.

Stripping! It had it as a backup plan in case nothing else was working for her. Over at the plant; they always fed their employees that fattest of foods. Burgers, fries, oreos, deep fried twinkies. Bounce wasn't too happy about eating all of those carbs, but one look in the mirror changed her mind. Her newfound curves were a gift from heaven. Her Cup Size went from a Natural C to a Double D. She could finally call herself "Thicc"

Her sister always told her "Shake what momma gave you". Now she had a reason too. Countless nights, she worked the pole. Drenching it in her sweat and booty. The flashing nights, horny men dishing out the big bucks, the nights were she would count up to hundreds of dollars in tips and snort cocaine lines off other girls butts.

'Maybe this isn't that bad' bounce thought, but that soon changed when she heard gunshots in the club.

Turns out, the manager owed a local gangster a few grand from a loan. Bounce didn't want to end up as another statistic on the news.

She had enough of gang violence when she was young. There was no way she was going to get taken out here.

She was sticc before the accident

No offense but this draw on your post doesn't help

Kung fu girl

Concept 1

Her name is Jun and she's part Japanese. Her dad was not-Jim Kelly crossed with Black Lightning and she was raised Japanese. Bullied mercilessly for being Black in Japan her father taught her martial arts as a way to deal with her rage. As a teenager she started fighting in superpowered MMA battles and put her skills to the ultimate test fighting the Yakuza in the streets. She also had a brief fling with a not-Kamen Rider superhero who she might start dating again. She's in America for the first time in her life and on scholarship to a prestigious university. While in America she's decided to settle down in her father's old neighborhood to connect with her roots.

She's not connecting well. The neighborhood hates her worse than the schoolgirls back in Japan. They hate that she's a nerd. They hate that she talks with a Japanese accent. They hate that she has money and is successful. They hate that she's not a "real" black.

Jun is very disappointed that the neighborhood is the way that it is and has joined the Watch in a last desperate attempt to find something good and worth fighting for in her dad's neighborhood.

alright im liking this concept

Concept 2

>Joannie Q. Kung fu woman who's taught martial arts by her Bruce Lee-loving grandfather. She uses her training to bust up local gangs and crimelords.

Joannie Q Family
Gramps - former kung fu fighter, once starred as an extra in a Brice Lee flick. Former Dojo owner and a skilled fighter, just not a great businessman

Daddy Q (DQ) - Owns an autoshop, employs a few mechanics. Was trained by Gramps from a young age but gave it up when he had a family.

Villains
(Name to be determined) - Local gang leader, former student of Gramps, former friend of Daddy Q. Beats Joannie Q in a fight but lets her live out of respect for her dad/grandad - tells her to give up the superhero idea as she's not good enough. She resolves to git gud.

Seguidor Del Santo - Masked mexican wrestler fighting for justice against evil. Currently battling various gangs much as Joannie Q plans to. He agrees to train her and the two seem very similar. But he's been fighting his war for justice for almost 2 decades and has become bitter and cynical - advocating a very hardline against the gangs - even advocating killing some of the worst offenders. Joannie Q stops him from killing a gang leader he defeated and he and Joannie Q fight. He has the advantage in skill and experience but loses when she asks him if his idol - El Santo - would approve of what he's doing.

(Name to be determined) - Canadian/Alaskan wrestler/boxer who is a master of fighting in cold weather. Larger and slower than Joannie Q he is faster and more agile when they fight because he can move easily in snow and on ice whilst she cannot. Once she figures out how to move in those environments she beats him - the final phase of their fight is on top of a frozen lake and although he throws her through the ice into the freezing water she still manages to break out and beat him. Could be a villain or a friendly teacher.

Bless you user continue with the concepts

>Mechanica. Young poverty stricken girl from Ghana. While taking an engineering course at an Ivy League school she gets in a mechanical accident allowing her to talk to and manipulate machines. In addition to fighting crime she takes down dictators and stops human trafficking.

She's going to the same university Jun is at. They bond over their mutual culture shock with America's black community. The abosom, ancient spirits of Ghana, have grown as sickly and weak as their people after years of warfare, exploitation, and corruption. They can no longer even manifest through the soil of Ghana, stained with blood as it is. So they have come through America and seek to set down roots through Mechanica, their human conduit.

Mechanica manifests the pantheon of her people through technology. She can summon Anansi as a computer program to hack systems. Her battle armor is a shell that Asase Yaa, Earth Mother of Ghana, possesses. Mechanica is a very meek and shy girl, totally not cut out for battle. But in the heat of battle Asase Yaa enters her and guides her, a courageous voice in the back of her mind.

Renamed Adinkra

>Tag

She grew up in the hood, the daughter of a single mother. She had to watch her brothers slowly drift to rival gangs and start fighting each other. Determined to bring peace both to her brothers and to the hood she uses her power to bring her drawings to life to leave painted guardians around the city, particularly in the abandoned places of urban decay.

She's always liked the old architecture of the city and always hated how the gangs would convert them to meth labs and crack houses. Now they're quiet, peaceful places where birds nest in broken windows and flowers grow from cracks in the floor.

They are places of safety. And woe be those that violate that safety.

Her drawings can't directly interact with the three dimensional world. But they can touch shadows which "count" as other "drawings" as far as her power is concerned. If one of her drawings grabs a person's shadow they can lift them in the air or worse.

The gangs are starting to figure out that her drawings need shadows to work and are striking back at night, erasing her work and reclaiming the places she kicked them out. She's going to need help to continue her fight against the gangs and so joins The Watch.

No concept art yet.

neat like this one the most

It was suggested to make her an albino, and I'm all for that because magic albinos is a real thing in Ghanian folklore and I can't think of a single albino african in anything ever.

please change her name

Does she has a more in common with Kung Fu girl?

i dont know how albinos work on this but continue

sounds like a cool idea dude

Wasn't she skinny before the accident? Also why not just keep it simple.

She could work at a tire factory owned by her father. Her husband worked there but died on the job this caused the factory to lose business over the years. That and another larger tire corporation moved into town running the mom and pop out of business. Her dad always stayed up beat and said "We're going to bounce right back on our feet one day!" until the day he died.

Now small mousey Roberta, left a single mother, is now in the role of business owner. She was barely scrapping by until one day a terrible accident left her with the form of hard rubber and some newly found curves.

Taking on the Name 'Bounce' in honor of her father she tries to balance running the factory, raising her son, and saving her city.

>magic albinos is a real thing in Ghanian folklore
Good point.

Propose something else.

Some anons suggested that Bounce have a skinny bimbo-ish white girl who has more elastic like powers than Bounce's hard rubber body.

She does need a better name, but I think the concept is solid.

I like the "can only harm you through your shadow" limitation. It's a lot more creative than just having the drawings get up off the wall and punch people.

It was suggested that she's rivals with Jun. Her gramps and Jun's dad knew each other and worked together on an all-black superteam back in the seventies. Jun's dad left the hood. Her gramps stayed.

That alone would create friction even before getting into the usual "whose kung fu is better" stuff.

She is skinny and flat first, yes

Yeah man continue with the idea she might get something done

>Wasn't she skinny before the accident?
It's one of the ideas that float around, yeah. I just wasn't going to change shit in some other user's concept.

>"We're going to bounce right back on our feet one day!"
Ah shit, right in the feels.

I like it, I honestly don't like the whole "wow she's hot now and she's going to make money from it" angle, but those were the most thourough concepts in previous thread.

mah nigga

nah man get something else this is so cliche

There's also the glue girl concept which is cool.

This one has more activity

>wasn't she skinny before the accident?

the story was good but there's something else i dont know how to explain it

I don't like the movie star stuff either
But she's always been skinny first
Someone came asking and tried to make hey really desparaging

Tell me more user

I meant a rival. Bimboish stretchy white girl rival.

Think the glue girl was a straight up villain.

Yeah, I don't want their character to be too shallow. She could also wear large ill fitting clothes before hand which is why she's able to hide her new body.

Does it really need to be explained? When super heroes get super powers they tend to become muscular and closer to the model like body type

New name new name...let's see...

Shadow Writer?

Colors?

Street Painter?

Possible storyline idea: Her little sister starts developing similar power, but she uses chalk and sidewalk instead of spray paint and walls. She wants to be a superheroine like her big sis...but she's five and Tag is trying to keep her out of trouble.

Bounce has a rival in highly competitive country girl turned model/actress/superheroine Graceful Lines (placeholder name) and an arch-villian in the Glue Girl.

>the usual "whose kung fu is better" stuff.
I mean, if we're sticking with a japanese one, it's going to be the ol' kung fu vs karate thing.
Spoiler: kung fu wins

I just want more butts that's all

She gets caught in an experimental tire rubber treatment, napping in a huge tire in the factory

Well you see here we have build omething already

Is it too corny to name her Banksy?

Now that explain a lot to be honest

Sort of already taken.

I'm sure we can find something here
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_graffiti

>Bimboish

undersiders sound cooler

That's a huge list, make a wheel to pick her name

By another super hero

what's wrong bruh?

Queen Ghost

"Queen" from the term for a well respected graffiti artist and "ghost" for a graffiti burner that has been unsuccessfully "buffed' (removed).

The name means she's the artists who will never stopped, who will never be rubbed out.

The Watch is a bad team name

It also works because her drawings sort of work like ghosts watching over abandoned places and attacking like ghosts.

It's from Neighborhood Watch.

Right, forgot the country angle.

why? i think its cool

it could be better yeah

>massacre
>When municipal authorities take down or cover up an accumulation of tags and pieces, leaving a blank space.
That's pretty straightforward.

Wouldn't that work more for her archenemy?

Requesting one of them to be a hot shemale ala Poison

No.

I was gonna come into the thread to shitpost, but I actually really like this one, tribal qt's are kinda my weak point.

Wouldn't that also make her legally blind and go on cancer watch for the rest of her life if she gets a sunburn?

Yeah why no? sounds hot

Why?
You can't just say because muh dick.

Someone please make a chart for this

Bounce better have a giant butt or y'all committing a crime

Pre or Post-OP?

>Has to hide from the sun and is legally blind

Yes.

Real life African alibnos have it rough in sunny Africa. That is when they aren't being hunted down for being albinos.

of course

I think I can piece the heroes together. Going by this Bounce origin the big corporation could be the cause of the accident. They could have hired local gangs to harass the
workers and sabotage the equipment. The same gangs being hired are the ones that brother joined. While Bounce tries to stop the gangs and looks into the sabotage she meets Tag. The two could team up taking down crime in the city.

During their team up Joannie Q is wandering carrying her block of wood with her dojo's name on it. She comes across some street punks beating up an innocent person and calls them cowards for using their fighting ability to harm the weak. After she beats them in a fight she demands to see their master. She forces them to take them back to their hide out where Bounce and Tag are planning their assault on gang. The three team up and take out the leader leaving the scene for the cops to clean up.

Mechanica could be spying on the newly formed team and meet them in the second arc. She is investigating international corruption, the same corporation that hurt Roberta and her family are doing the same on a global scale. This opens up the team to more world wide crimes and protect more than their neighborhood

That's a good plan continue please

what's the problem?

Mainly to differentiate the rival's body type since Bounce is going to be more bottom heavy. Plus rival can freely stretch and alter her figure like so.

Sure, it's a bit over the top but gang leader are rarely known for being restrained.
If not his name, he could drop the word at a dramatically appropriate moment.

Of all the pictures you could have gone with to represent an albino you choose that ginger abomination?

Yeah sounds neat by the way what's her name?

I like it.
It just so happens that Ghana is the 18th largest producer of natural rubber in the world, so it would make sense that some shady giant corporation that deals with that could affect her people directly.

who's she?

i dont like her afro

Are we doing this because we genuinely want a good black superhero that's original or is there some ulterior motive like socking it to the SJWs or whatever?

Fap material is an acceptable answer.

A bit of door 1, a bit of door 3, and a bit as an exercise.
Who gives a shit about SJWs, it's not like this is ever going to get any attention.

Part of it is wanting characters that ate allowed to be what we want, despite them being black

I just want lewds I don't give a shit about their stories or anything else I know drawfags don't care about this but fuck it maybe someo ne will post more instagrams with black cuties

Diandra Forrest

Afro's are pretty shitty, Plus Ghana girls seem to keep their hair short and covered most of the time anyway

Thanks. Also how do people feel about Bounce being the team mom. She's 28 so the others could be 21-24

That fits perfect with what I had in mind

A branch of the corporation fucking with The Watch extracts raw material close to Mechanica's home in Ghana. Everyone loves it because it brings new jobs to the area but people go missing often only for the corporation to say they never heard of the person. Mechanica looks into it seeing that the mining operation is a front for some strange technological experiments. These experiments infuse people with the tech and make them a strange hybrid.

The Watch has to leave their friendly neighborhood in an attempt to stop an international conspiracy.

you already know the answer son

Sometimes that's the only reason people read something
Its all good

Honestly? no, I don't even read comics

Last of my contributions to The Watch before I shift focus to bad guys/rivals/supporting cast

>Street Player

As in youtube.com/watch?v=HJMw8cUGjwI.

She has the power to control the ground in a limited capacity. She can "play" streets. This means she can cause a strip of ground to suddenly behave as if its a conveyor belt. She can only have one "street" active at a time but can use it to rapidly move herself, allies, enemies, or objects. She can impart a "static" quality to her street that lets it transport things up shear vertical surfaces (so she can "zip" up buildings) She can also impart a slight incline to her street to create a makeshift object launcher.

She's the owner of a local diner hoping to make enough money so that she can finally move her business out of the hood. At first she doesn't care about the hood at all but the Watch gradually convinces her not to move and join them in fighting to make the hood a good place to live in. She's the last member to join.

She's married and cares only for her husband and children and at first only cares about getting them as far away from the hood as possible. But eventually decides to fight for their home.

Her power represents her character's internal struggle. It can moves things away from her and moves things toward her.

It was clearly for faps, but I decided to write up lore because I really like the idea of the first all female all black superteam being anti-SJW where the characters actually have personalities and conflict.

I was just wondering because I had contributed a few ideas to Vivian James thinking we were just making a cute character and we all know how that turned out.

Fap material. Got it.

Read Superman: American Alien. It's good.

Honestly I'm just having fun making up stuff. If it get further than that, that's a bonus.

>>ITT faggots only wanting fapbait. If you want porn, look up rule 34 of your favorite character. Jeez

Haha do you really think people come here looking for a well-write black female superheroe?

Fap, nothing else to be honest

>Thanks. Also how do people feel about Bounce being the team mom. She's 28 so the others could be 21-24
I imagined Bounce a bit older, like 33. She's seen some shit.

"Mechanica" (really awful name but the other one isn't catchy enough) should be really young, like too young to normally be in college because le genius girl.

"Tag" should be fairly young too, graffiti screams youthful rebellion.

Kung Fu girl(s) would be in the middle.