Whedon Was Right About the DCEU

Not having the same actor maintain the role in the films and television series is fucking retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TyRey9MrQdw
youtube.com/watch?v=xdIg9-xF2FA
youtube.com/watch?v=YBHQoa6CC0I
youtube.com/watch?v=lXU3r8DYG8I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not everyone watches the cw, there's literally no reason to conform to past casting, other than if you wanted to cancel the TV show, because scheduling issues.

But enough people do that there's a fanbase to fall into when he appears in the films.
People who watch the films will be able to enjoy the depth the universe has by watching the show or knowing theres a whole world of stories behind the character

if you like CW shows you likely don't spend money on any of your entertainment. So you don't matter.

Also, no, TV actors are on TV because they suck at acting as is displayed any I see a clip with these night time soap opera stars attempting to speak.

I don't know a thing about Ezra. But he's not on a CW show so that's a good start.

Did you like this summer action blockbuster? Then you'll like 100 episodes of white people not being in stable relationships.

>White people
The show is largely brown and black. Because it's on the CW. What the fuck are you talking about?

The show is shit, they should cancel it before everyone hates flash. They already think this faggot makes a good barry.

Did you enjoy a competent hero with amazing CGI and characters with expensive looking costumes? Enjoy a whiny idiot who needs to be told to run fast by a team of 3 generic super geniuses alongside the best CGI and cheap leather the CW can afford.

That's Arrow, Flash is basically that with only 60ish episodes and about half the main cast are minorities (including Iris). Still Season 1 of it is probably way better than Justice League will be, although I'd be happy to be proven wrong

>caring about Joss "my brother is garbage and his show is non-canon" Whedons opinion on inter-media synergy

They're different universes.

And CW actors aren't on par as the same level as movie actors.

They could just as easily have his experiences from the movie carry over to the show

Even Gustin pretty recently basically said "I'm not a movie actor why would I realistically ever have been cast for that."

He said it in a really gay Grant Gustin way but the point was there.

Funnily enough, his brother is better than he is. It's like Jonathan Nolan being better than Christopher.

The first shouldn't be true and the second is not even close to true.

They should have warned us theres a divide instead of blindsiding us with this new flash

Isn't there like 3 different Flashes? Why is it such a big deal if the actors are different?

The Arrowverse is completely separated from the DCEU though. They have no connection. So it wouldn't make any sense to have the same actors.

>They should have warned us theres a divide instead of blindsiding us with this new flash
They warned everyone several times that CW and DCEU weren't the same.
You weren't blindsided, you just had high expectations you didn't research

>warned us theres a divide
they've done so for almost three years now

MFW Quicksilver was my wakeup call that the X men aren't in the MCU

>the same level as movie actors.
But they cast a nobody as Cyborg in Justice League.

CW Barry is fucking trash

Movie actors> Good Stage actors> TV actors

youtube.com/watch?v=TyRey9MrQdw
Hey DCbros can you explain to me why there's so much contention about the CW flash not also being the DCEU flash?
I'm an MCU fan and I thought people would be used to certain characters being replaced or never being able to appear at all

Casuals are already fucking confused that the Dark Knight Trilogy, Arrowverse, and DCEU aren't the same thing. Having the actors be the same across all of them would just make it worse.

Assuming they ever actually make a Flash movie and he's anything more than a Coulson-tier supporting character in the DCEU, they'll probably have long since cancelled the show anyway.

Remember, what CW looks for in a show is not "is it compelling" or "can it hook new demographics" but "can it run 100 episodes and get that sweet sweet syndication bux from other networks worldwide". Flash is already on what, 69 episodes after 3 seasons? It's finished.

Wow it's almost as if Multiverse is not a thing in DC Comics?

NOT MUH pretty much sums it up

youtube.com/watch?v=xdIg9-xF2FA
Continuing on. Why is this such a thing
No one gave a fuck about the MCU and X-Men films having different quicksilvers

Funny thing is, the type of people that watch CW have NO BUSINESS saying "not muh". As their "muh" is a completely bastardized version of a character. A fact that have no clue of.

youtube.com/watch?v=YBHQoa6CC0I
There are like hundreds of these

Flash is probably one of their biggest properties outside of the trinity. If DC/WB really wanted to have a TV spin-off of the DCEU they wouldn't have stuck it on the CW of all places.

I hope Warners sat this little faggot down afterwards and told him he doesn't mean shit to them and they'll cancel his faggot little show or hand it over to black wally in a fucking attosecond.

I blame this faggot for giving the shills online traction to drive a wedge in DC fans and poor people who watch CW and consider themselves DC fans.

But it's a different universe, what's the big deal?

I don't understand why you'd want the film universe and the TV universe to be one and the same. It's a fucking mess, just look at the MCU. You don't want shit like AoS, Iron Fist or Inhumans latching on to your films.

"Here’s what I’ll say about him not being The Flash. The first thing is that for Zack Snyder to say ‘that’s not really the universe that we’re building,’ it’s excruciating for an actor. Because you’re like, ‘Uh, what about acting?’ He’s a clean-cut guy and winning, yes, because he’s acting that. He’s not Barry Allen. He’s Grant Gustin. He created that thing. If you want [your Flash] to have long hair and be a slacker, believe me, Grant can play that. He makes it look easy and makes everyone think that’s what he is because he’s an incredibly skilled talent. That’s why he has that job. That’s why people like the show.

If Zack Snyder were to read him for [The Flash], he would be shocked. It’s crazy for a big-time Hollywood director to say ‘that’s not the universe.’ It’s a huge misstep on his part. If you’re a director, and you’re worth your oats, then you should be able to, given an actor with talent, mold him into what you want, and Grant could do that."

But that would make people think they are the same universe.

Multiverse stories being used merely to do crossovers are fucking god awful. It'd be better if there was no explanation.

Here's what I'll to say about Tom Cavanagh. He doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. He doesn't know who the fuck Barry Allen is. And the very fucking utterance of "He’s not Barry Allen. He’s Grant Gustin. He created that thing" is EXACTLY THE FUCKING PROBLEM.

The fact that this is a controversy in the DCEU and not the MCU just goes to show that DC handled their cinematic universe poorly

I don't really care one way or another for the shared TV/Film universe idea. I just think Gustin is better on screen than that fucking shitlord they put in the movies

Snyder is pretty bad at casting. He's gotten lucky a few times but on the whole he's about a 2/10 in that respect.

I'd take that shitlord over the whiney faggot Gustin any day. But I guess we just disagree.

This isn't a controversy. This is some people wanting something that they will eventually forget about.

A real controversy would dissuade ticket sales.

The problem, most certainly, is that in the years between the release of MOS and the Justice League trailer, people assumed that Arrow and The Flash were in the DCEU and were surprised when a different flash showed up

It's possible that some of them even watched the flash to keep up to date with the DCEU

I'm interested, elaborate how that last bit is the problem

The first should be true, so the individual mediums can just concern themselves with telling their own stories and not worry about stepping on each others toes.

And how the hell can you be into comics and be "blindsided" by this?!

No one ever thought this and nobody did what you are describing.

More importantly, the people you're trying to describe (people that assume all comics are some weird giant shared universe where all canon is somehow reconcilable) are the type of people that just don't care to learn canon in the first place. They're going or not going to a superhero movie purely because they like the character and want an action movie.

You're making stuff up.

He created the worst fucking iteration of Barry I could imagine. And by Cavanagh's words it was Gustin, not the show runners who really crafted the character.

Why would I want someone that doesn't know fuck all about the character and has bastardized him with every line to be the one continuing in a major motion picture?

So some faggots who can't afford actual cable can see their crush on screen?

Well, why on earth would they make such a mindbogglingly stupid an assumption?

The problem is their own. They should look to themselves and work out how they came to such a conclusion with no reason behind it, and plenty of evidence within those shows that they're NOT in the same universe as the films.

Technically I'm just assuming things because I don't know anything about DC but I know a girl who complains about this issue all the time. Feel free to pick me apart

>More importantly, the people you're trying to describe

Different user, and I almost wholly agree with you but due to the shitty CW show Flash is starting to get fans like Batman who think they're entitled to a "muh" version of the character.

CW fans legitimately think they could talk Flashpoint with a comic reader. They think they do know "that canon stuff" even if they know they don't know it completely.

"Oh I don't read the comics I watched flashpoint though. The cartoon? No I dont watch cartoons I watched the live action one."

I dont see how anyone but fucking casuals could like CW Barry, or ANYTHING over at CW

Gustin is a shit actor
he might be good for some tv show that only teen nerds and autists watch but he's not cut out for a 300 million budget film

That's a different argument, though.

My brother, still to this day, claims Brainiac is from Krypton because of Timm's Superman. That doesn't have anything to do with whether current 2017 shared universes have issues concerning movie releases.

I don't think anyone who makes the assumption or wants it to be true even thinks that deep about it before insisting that grant should be the cinematic flash

Name a single good movie Ezra was in.

He basically plays a faggot in them all, especially perks of a wallflower.

He isn't capable of supporting a 300 million dollar movie either. He's a better actor than gustin but you should remember Momoa was on Game of thrones for 5 seconds. North Shore and Stargate Atlantis.

before people start arguing over quality of actors..

Ben affleck was in gigli. Probably one of the worst movies ever made, on purpose with JLo.

Daredevil was universally panned, his last two outings were shit on.

Ben being in occasional good movie doesn't make up for all the blowouts that he has had.

I could go on and on. Ben is probably best actor of DC crop but the others are worst to terrible. The gadot is literally a shitty F&F prop.

Pine basically saved that movie. Which is why they brought him in the first place.

So tell me how great DC actors are again?

>Not having the same actor maintain the role in the films and television series is fucking retarded.
Maybe.
But Grant Gustin is an awful actor, they already have to deal with Gadot who cant act for shit, how many non talents can you assemble in one film before it becomes impossible to work with on set?

I'm not saying they're great. But they're better than Gustin.
Why should they hire him when they can just hire someone with a talent since they have budget to spare?

Barry is boring as shit.
Why don't they just make Flash Wally and introduce him in a 5 min flashback scene with oldfag Barry who teaches him ropes?

I just pointed out to you that all people you're seeing on screen got those jobs because of connections and not talent and you missed the point entire and acting like they have talent.

Ben affleck does not make up for the rest of them, i'm sorry.

The black dude is a literal who, ezra's best movie is the Kevin one but I think tilda saved that movie. Momoa's entire schtick is tough everyman yet is Conan failed horribly. You know whose competition he had for that movie? Jared Padalecki of Supernatural. another tv actor almost beat him for the same part. These people aren't a league of their own, they're all jobs gotten through networking. Or they suck a mean dick, I don't know. Gadot, her acting is terrible, it's like she wants to emote but nothing comes out. Or patty just doesn't know how to direct her, I don't know. I would put the scene between gustin and reverse flash in season 2 when he goes back to learn how to get faster against any of the actors that isn't ben affleck and he has a good chance of winning against them all.

youtube.com/watch?v=lXU3r8DYG8I

Because now you're going to have people retroactively praising AntMan and attacking The Flash

They really should have just used the TV flash, I'm a MCU fan and even I consider the TV flash familiar to look at compared to this new fucker

>just pointed out to you that all people you're seeing on screen got those jobs because of connections
No you didn't, you just singled out some early bad movies in Ben Affleck's careeer.
That's like saying Michael Caine is a bad actor because of jaws 3.

You're talking about ben affleck, who I purposely excluded because he is not like the rest of them but way to fail at reading comprehension.

I agree with Whedon but from the perspective of creating both the show universe and movie universe separate. I think the way the Marvel series do it is perfect. Have supporting casts get shows that can play off the big events that happen in the movies. The DC shows and movies will ALWAYS be separate because of this and it never feels like one viewerbase can be part of the other.

Because Barry basically stole everything from Johns' Wally and thus made current Wally irrelevant. You cant even do Zolomon anymore

Fucking nobody here was upset about them not using Gustin Grant until this week.

Sure not a lot of people here were thrilled about Ezra Miller, but nobody here was mad about the CW Flash not being cast. Stop replying to these fucking threads.

Why are we pretending Gal Gadot or Jason Momoa can act?

I don't like to shit on people's tastes but I can't see how anyone finds those shows watchable.

Nobody's upset.

You have to keep this in perspective, user. Imagine a five year old that can't have the cookie he wants. He gets a cookie, just not the one he wants. He freaks out pointlessly.

The complaining about Flash casting is similar. It might sound loud but really it's temporary and isn't going to last.

I mean, I see where you're coming fromonths but have you seen any of the dceu movies?

What they are is something to help casuals can hop on the nerd fad and pretend like they read comics. Putting it on tv is more accessible to them. But ignoring all that, CW is just shit all around given their writers, drama, and recycled plots

The tv actors like Grant Gustin have to be available for filming 7-9 months out of the year. That is far too restrictive for the filming needs of a feature film.

Add into the fact that keeping continuity between films and a tv show would be difficult, again, due to the way network tv shows film.

Its not worth the hassle.

Joss Whedon publicly insulted DC for it a while ago, and Tom whatever his name from DCCW complained about it more in depth.

I just searched "gustin" on the DCEU subreddit to find mostly people explaining why it shouldn't be grant which implies there must have been some contention

it would be absolutely retarded - like, brain dead, complete lack of human function retarded - to tie the canon of the movie universe to the television universe when the movies are far more important and need absolute creative freedom. and it would be absolutely pointless, not to mention confusing, to use the same actors if you're not using the same canon.

so there is no functional human being who could possibly think this is a good idea which is why i'm not surprised to hear whedon supports it.

Cavanagh didn't really complain about Gustin not being cast, just Snyder saying that he wasn't considered because his performance wasn't "right" for the DCEU.

won't having the same actor cause delays for both the TV and the Film (unless say the TV takes a hiatus while the film is finished)?

How does that make any fucking sense the movies cant have the same actor because one is more important than the other?

The shows second season was all about the multiverse, how is that such a hard concept to grasp, multiple earths isn't that fucking hard

>As their "muh" is a completely bastardized version of a character.
Do you mean like in this Flash being more Wally than Barry???

Well if he is your brother you could have tried to explain him right?

The two universes don't mesh as it is though. At least the Marvel tie-ins try to be in the same universe even if the movies don't acknowledge them.

Whedon wtf are you talking about your taking zack snyders credit gtfo

were the fuck is your source you fucking spam

Google it before you talk shit you fucking spam

I just found out that CW were planning on making a wonder woman prequel series where she leaves themyscira and goes to high school

How do you even pitch that without realizing how awful it sounds?

Maybe the teenager soap operas should higher better actors, then.

And not drag their universes down with shit writing.

It pains me that you can regurgitate the same bait thread over and over, and Sup Forums will still find ways to fall for it

>higher

He would be right if the CW shows weren't fucking terrible.

he's right. look at marvel being consistent with iron man being the same guy for a decade, hugh jackman was wolverine since the 90's and even agent c from the avengers showed up on agents of shield ; the show sucks BUT at least fans can make the connection between projects.
grant may not be a movie actor but hes still the flash people have supported for years. reward the audience with some familiarity

>Make a Barry that doesn't look or act like Barry
>Make casuals love him
>Now the Flash is ruined because NOT Barry has to be forced in everything Flash related and is shit

>not everyone watches the cw, there's literally no reason to conform to past casting
Ignoring all the marketing reasons, at the very least he's a better fucking actor than the giant faggot they found for the movie

But that Barry fucking sucks.

You know, I am happy Barry is the main man now, he had no personality in the comics and now his personality is getting fucking raped by live action shit. Imagine if Wally or Jay had a presents in the show? They would be destroyed but luckily they are too obscure to the average casual.

Whedon is probably still booty blasted that AoS (since he has ownership and other financial rights on it) isn't MCU.

Also, if you understood DC, you would understand multiverse. Whedon doesn't, so just point your finger at him and laugh. All the cool kids are doing it.

except he's not. There's a reason why he's a television 'actor'

god whedon is right of course!

At least it helps set up a sprawling multiverse.

>THIS
a barry allen chinese(FILM) , and a barry allen edgy(TV)

Hey, let's make this exact thread several more times! Sup Forums's too stupid to realize it's a samefag who can't even use a different thumbnail!