What is Batman's position on second amendment rights?

What is Batman's position on second amendment rights?

whatever the person writing him is

originalists remember him shooting people

NYC, New Jersey or Chicago tier.

But it's ok for him and alfred, and the robins. They don't follow the law anyways.

>This thread
I hope it doesn't end like the Punisher 2nd Amendment thread did

Considering his experience with guns, I'm pretty sure he'd be all for weapon control.

if we assume he keeps obsessive and detailed track of crime statistics, he certainly noticed the relationship between more gun owners and higher homicide rates

But he probably cares more about the law than about keeping people safe, which is why he keeps saving the joker's life

Arms. Not guns. That amendment secures his right to about 40 different items in his belt.

>he certainly noticed the relationship between more gun owners and higher homicide rates

Is Switzerland's homicide rate really that bad?

You need to look at overall trends, not individual outliers.

Hawaii and Delaware make it look like more guns = less deaths, but looking at all 50 shows the real trend.

forgot my image

Erm, did you take into consideration the cities themselves and the difference between the cities and the suburbs?

Like Detroit, chicago and new york probably by themselves make up a huge chunk of that homicide rate.

>What is Batman's position on second amendment rights?
None.

60% of "gun deaths" are suicide

and the rest are homicide

as a old hawaiian once said, if everyone has a gun then nobody has a gun

"Gun deaths" often are inflated since they include suicide and accidental deaths.

If he knows about statistics he knows civil guns lower crime rate drastically.

If he keeps obsessive and detailed track of crime statistics then don't make me say it.

Best Batman story is Planetary/Batman crossover.

So meta, yet so fun.

>It's a "Sup Forums discusses gun crime and gun control" episode
This will be fun

I miss Adam West already.

Batman hates guns, but he obviously doesn't trust the state to solve gun problems given that he spends the majority of his time and energy being a violent, extralegal vigilante. More people need to realize that liking or not liking something doesn't automatically equate to wanting the state to promote or prohibit said something.

which are committed by blacks

Reply to this post if you actually own a firearm

>which are committed by blacks
^This desu. If Batman were a real life crime fighter, Black Lives Matter would be protesting him.

Gotham is the one city in the world where only White people commit crimes.

It's a personal code. Batman's extraordinary skill set, and technical resources makes it possible for him to defend himself without weapons. He doesn't expect average people, or police officers to be able live by that same code.

Guns are for cowards.

Depends on which version or era. But mostly doesn't ever use guns, but others are allowed to.

I think Joe Chill sodomized little boy Bruce with the end of his gun after killing his parents and that's why he hates all guns.

Kek

The wrong position.

Here's your (faggot), you.

Yo.
>Reddit spacing

>meme arrows

he'd be for it, but also be a heavy proponent of gun safety and regulation.

>am i cool yet

common people shouldn't have guns because its too dangerous

They need to rely a semi-sane millionaire with a jet car to defend them.

If someone breaks into a home, it's their fault the homeowner doesn't know he's a murderer or rapist.

This, I hate weed becasue I genuinely think it brings about the sort of crowd that pushes the other shit but the government is utterly incapable of effectively doing anything about the dealers so I would rather they spend time clamping down on the borders instead of pursuing a forever war on something that as ultimately a choice of what citizens put in their bodies.

Me too.

You're even admitting you only support guns because you're piss-pants scared.

small white dick

>"Gun Deaths"
>Mother Jones
This has to be bait. Not even Sup Forums is this retarded.

Of course I am, I'm a manlet I cant stop a guy in a fist fight from beating the shit out of me and taking my stuff.

>What is Batman's position on second amendment rights?

Irrelevant.

>I hate weed becasue I genuinely think it brings about the sort of crowd that pushes the other shit
It doesn't, though. Not unless the only way for people to get it is to go to a criminal.

For that matter, legalize crystal meth and have it produced in an actual lab rather than some fucking trailer in the middle of a residential district, and I'd bet against Vegas odds that meth overdoses drop dramatically.

They could even hand out little flyers detailing the dangers of meth addiction with every eight-ball. Does meth come in eight-balls?

Actually thinking about getting a new one soon

People in Switzerland have guns, but no ammunition. They have to go to the barracks to get some.

Your argument about Switzerland is useless.

Are those not deaths?

Conflating those with homicide is disingenuous.

He has the 'me only' position. He is also a hypocrite about it. Shoot a giant car mounted grapple cannon into a guys chest? Yep! Shoot a guy with a 9mm? Nope!

True, I guess OP did specifically mention crime. My bad.

He never carried a gun, Finger was very firm on that point.

There were a small handful of times when he used a gun as a tool or used it to give suppressing fire, but literally only maybe 2 or 3 times when he ever actually shot at someone intending to hit them, and one of them was supposedly an artist taking liberties with the script.

There's this myth that early Batman ran around with pistol in hand icing people, but it's not true at all. He's had a rule against guns from the beginning, it just went from "I don't carry a gun and don't like using them, but still don't kill" to "I refuse to even touch a gun, will never use them under any circumstances, and make sure to brush your teeth, kids". It went back to the former in the 70's and for some reason in the past few decades has swung back in the direction of autistic "no guns NO GUNS NEVER REEEEEE"

what a shocking conclusion Einstein owning a gun makes you more likely to die from a gun next you'll tell me owning a fork exponentially increases my chances of death by fork!

There's a page in Batman: The Cult where he's proud of what a good shot Jason is and says he taught him himself. Still makes me laugh.

Basically guns just trigger him.

In comic book world people have more resilient brains and spines.

Clock someone so hard they pass out from one hit to the head? No brain damage here.
Break there leg or arms? No bones splinters that sever arteries.
Tie someone to a cable and drop them 4 stories length on said cable? No that totally wouldn't dislocate your spine or rip your arm off.
Taze someone? Criminals do not have heart issues

It's a wonder that Spiderman is like the only one known for accidentally killing someone. Probably why people think cops should just bullet-curve the guns out of criminal's hands and identify fake guns from 20 yards in the middle of the night. Also they think tazers and pepper spray are reliable means of stopping people.

If someone could invent a device with the stopping power of a gun with near zero lethality it sell like hot cakes.

It's very difficult to safely apprehend someone that wants to kill you in real life.

it's actually saying owning a gun makes it more likely to be killed by your spouse at all

meaning guns lead to deaths

>only maybe 2 or 3 times when he ever actually shot at someone intending to hit them
He's also using a silver bullet in that. Some people argue it makes a difference since he's using an enchanted weapon to kill an undead, some say it counts.

There's this really odd part in an issue of Wonder Woman in the early 90's where Diana is giving a press conference or with someone who is, and someone in the crowd shoots at whoever is speaking and Diana fucks up and barely deflects it, but it ricochets right into a little girl's head.

What's odd is that they barely seem to even acknowledge it happened.

Basically this. Remove black people from the equation and USAs gun crime rate drops to like Australia levels.

Also this, 99% of his enemies would be MS-13, Crips and Bloods, "Asian" rape gangs, Gorrilla Murder Family. But we will still get Batman fighting the last 3 remaining members of the KKK or something.

I want to read this.

>Gun deaths instead of murder rate

Guns wasn't used much but the no kill rule wasn't always in effect. Until Earth 1.

Saluto /k/ubim necis

That looks like a cover

Why are Oregon and New Hampshire a gun control supporter's wet dream?

Plenty of times he used a gun to shoot at things. Just never directly murder anymore. The no kill rule overridden the old kill criminal people rule.

Other worlds however don't always operate on this rule.

4 chan is screwy.

So on and on.

Would those statistics also include defensive gun uses? Which always outpace homicides?

He lets Alfred keep a gun so he's not against people having them.

Michael Moore's bodyguards have guns and so does just about every liberal politician.

A lot of these really rich people, especially liberals, only consider the values they push to apply only to "the peasants"

The other user was arguing that he only used them for tools. You're the one who tried to tell him he didn't always have a no-kill rule until Earth-1, what are you going on about?

thats been highly exaggerated. Someone wrote a story where he grabbed a gun in an emergency, someone else drew a cover with him having a holster for SOME REASON

Try to remember Batman shooting everyone (and its NOT an alternative universe/timeline/flashpoint)

Cant picture it? Do you think youve had your memory wiped...or it just didnt happen?

How about posting some comics where he did (besides that one panel i mentioned)

Depends on which Batman we are talking about. If we're talking about depressed, brooding Batman who genuinely tries to help his enemies, then he recognizes that criminals are going to find a way to own a gun, whether they're legal or not, and would rather have civilians have a means of protecting themselves against thugs. If we're talking vengeful, bitter Batman who cries every time his parents are brought up, then he would go full-ban on guns, with more severe punishments for gun ownership by criminals, because no average person should be allowed to kill someone with the movement of a finger.

He viscerally hates gun and thinks its a cowards weapon

but he tolerates it in people who have to use them.