Honestly didn't know this episode was written by a woman on my first watch, and thought it was actually pretty okay

Honestly didn't know this episode was written by a woman on my first watch, and thought it was actually pretty okay.

After learning it was written by a woman whose never written for television before I went back and watched it, and with this context, I noticed how awful it actually was. Gags I thought were just gags were now more apparent of the agenda they were trying to push.

It got me thinking, what are some other times were blatant agenda pushing and bad writing was masked because you didn't know the context behind who was writing it?

you liked it not knowing it was written by a woman but the minute you found out it killed it for you? you're dumb as shit kys

just sounds like your own agenda is clouding how you view things

This thread will have 400 posts and most of them will be people missing the joke.

>It got me thinking, what are some other times were blatant agenda pushing and bad writing was masked because you didn't know the context behind who was writing it?

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

>Episode explicitly presents nihilistic/edgy people as posers trying to mask their own feelings of insecurity and lack of control over their lives.
>Sup Forums bitches about the show trying to push pseudo intellectual edgy nihilism

Were we always this retarded?

op's post may have been satire, but that's some true ass shit right there.

Motherfucker tried to make jesus cool by dressing him up as a lion.

Yes. You wouldn't believe.
I need to get out of here. It makes me lose faith in the intelligence of the audiences and as a writer I feel like I have to dumb down everything now.

Yes

>I enjoyed jokes until I learned there was a vagina attached to the typist and now everything is politicized and slanted in some weird "battle of the sexes" narrative that I've constructed to help me understand why women didn't like me in high school

Oh my god, can we please get a fucking new bogeyman? What about the Venezuelans? I hear they're up to some shit.

Haha. Subtle one. I didn't know a woman wrote it but I did know it was definitely someone new, considering how they made Morty a cuck weakling and Summer a Mary Sue despite the fact that Morty has far more experience going on adventures. He's even shot things a few times, so why is it that now he suddenly can't aim? Girl power, huh?

>Motherfucker tried to make jesus cool by dressing him up as a lion.
Jesus is super cool though. The original hippie. Fighting the power and such.
The way people talk about christianity is just fucking awful and make him look really bad.

my main gripe with that episode is how they are dealing with the divorce and jerry. its just in bad taste.

This, fucking brain dead RnM fanbase

>considering how they made Morty a cuck weakling
That's Morty tho in a nutshell.

I'll never understand how a hippy commie jew was embraced by the right.

I didn't know We Bare Bears was about diversity. Thought it was just comfy bear shit.

Not really. You'd have to ignore all his development or make the story about a different version of Morty for it to work. Could be that these were people who were working for the comic and didn't watch the show, but were given a quick rundown about the previous episodes.

Its the never ending burden of being so contrarian you hate contrarian things

Real Jesus would have been against abortion, though, and unlike the fags of today, he would have had good reason to be against abortion, considering that it was basically done under the care of some hedge witch who had you fucking poison yourself to kill the fetus.

Yes

Real Jesus would abort babies the way god intended.
>with a swift kick to the stomach

Nice, Satan. Sorry that whole desert shebang didn't work out for you.

It's coo, I'm still the Prince of the world.

Your trips betray you, Prince of Lies.

The fact that women were so desperate to be rid of the fetus that they chose to go through with it anyway should clue you into something

Sometimes it's more cruel to be against abortion. Often times people just can't have a baby for various reasons and will resort to really horrific shit because raising it or even carrying it to term is just not an option

Dumbass here. What's the recipe actually do? I know this is some "delete system32" shit.

>Often times people just can't have a baby for various reasons and will resort to really horrific shit because raising it or even carrying it to term is just not an option
True. SIDS is still a thing, after all. Those parents probably should have just aborted to begin with, rather than murder their children after birth.

>The fact that women were so desperate to be rid of the fetus that they chose to go through with it anyway should clue you into something
Yes, we all know about the evil of women by now. I mean, anyone who doesn't know already is ignorant or naive.

>Real Jesus would have been against abortion
Hah, you wish. Jesus was a super liberal and a feminist.

I can't tell if all this screeching against female writers is ironic or not

You really are a dumbass. It does exactly what it says. Good on you for being skeptical, but do your own research after said skepticism, for fuck's sake.

I can't either
That should give us a clue that it's not ironic

The second one could also apply to the first...

fuck no
People in churches quote the bible but they don't apply their morals. It's just pretty words to them.

Well parsley actually does affect the muscles of the womb and carries a risk of inducing miscarriage, at least in theory, if consumed in high amounts

>hippie
Matthew 10:34 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Steven Universe, Star Vs, Legend of Korra, ____mlp____

It's like when you watch Mel Brooks movies and then find out OH, SO THAT'S WHY THEY ALL TALK AND LOOK WEIRD

But just because they're bad shows doesn't mean I'll stop fapping to them

Joke's on him, I still love the entire Narnia series and I tip fedoras so hard my thin, greasy widow's peak catches on fire.

Wasn't talking literally.
>what I'm preaching is pretty radical
>some would even liken it to a sword

>It got me thinking, what are some other times were blatant agenda pushing and bad writing was masked because you didn't know the context behind who was writing it?

No, because I'm not a fucking moron

Also, Jesus is not a hippie because he actually did shit and got shit done

Hippies always go on about "Someone else should do something about this it's baaaad!"

I share some of their supposed ideals, but I hate hippies

1/10th of the way there already

you think conflict/divisions back then only resulted in measured discussion? no nigger it lead to WAR

Would jesus be a weatherman?

really? what exactly did Jesus do, other than like trash a room and then get executed?

>Star Vs
>pushing an agenda
Ha. Only agenda the Nef is pushing is Armageddon.

It wasn't at first but then (((they))) decided to insert it in unnecessarily. Could have been mandated by Disney.

He brought the booze to his cousin's wedding party.

Exactly what it says. It even gives you the risk factors of doing it. It's not like people are going in blind if they read the whole thing.

Died for your sins.

You're reaching.

well, he generated food for a crowd out of ... much less food by cutting it up into smaller and smaller pieces
he cured a leper and a blind man
he knocked over a donation box at some temple

and oh yeah he died for your sins, your welcome

Yeah but what has he done for me lately?

Well I'm just saying, did YOU see any gays in season 1?

I assume this is bait.

Mustard gas.

>Fish and bread
>not even a soup
Last time I'm getting Jesus to cater.

so he died to save me from something made up, really useful.

>>Episode explicitly presents nihilistic/edgy people as posers trying to mask their own feelings of insecurity and lack of control over their lives.
You say that, but I genuinely doubt it was that on the mark. There was some edgy intellectualism in there too.

OP is a faggot nothing new

you come here to laugh at the zoo animals m8ty.

PLus who ever knows what is and is not satire, it helps you deal with a feeling of constant uncertainty.

>I liked it
>Then I learned that [outgroup] did it/is in it
>Now I hate it

we have this thread every day

Did they ever go to a concert singing love songs in Southern California in Season 1?

Like I said. Reaching.

Wow! It's an honor to meet the only perfect human in the entire world!

Ooh user you going to hell for saying that.
>better ask jesus for forgivene- oh wait

The only good human is a dead human.

>original sin is a bullshit concept
>WOW YOU THINK YOU'RE PERFECT
This is why people hate obnoxious Christfags.

>hippy commie
No and no. Hippies don't drive bankers out of temples with a whip and communists don't say shit like "render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's" i.e. economics have nothing to do with what I'm teaching so just take care of your financial responsibilities and leave it at that, which is the exact opposite of the Marxist view that materialist economic concerns are the fundamental causal agent for all of human history. Jesus would expect you to work for a living.

perfect nah, but the opposite of perfect is flawed, sinful or sinner is a religious and moral concept completely unrelated to being flawed

Is the joke that it's becoming harder to tell between shitposters and Sup Forumsposters?

yeah actually that would be Mary, who is the ONLY human to have been immaculately concepted (is that even a phrase?) meaning she was born without sin (the phrase does not mean, as most people think, that she was a virgin upon giving birth to Jesus, it just makes her the best vessel for Jesus at the time)

BBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...pickle I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent pickle yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....szechuan sauce.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

Literally nobody hates Christians

get ye gone satan.

nah, I hate Christians

that's is a strange way to interpret the Caesar quote, many would take it as a call to Jewish Nationalism

Irony is just a mask people wear to protect themselves from who they really are.

I'll vade retro outta here but only because I got a hot date with a priest and a 13 year old.

You give yourself too much credit.

>It's a liberal pulls a rules for radicals without actually understanding anything episode

The quote about the state was during a time when the Jews were ruled by a Roman official and had very little power and could only talk to an official who could be removed if he challenged Caesar. Christians in the US have political power and have a civic duty to vote. Want me to bring up sexual immorality with the quote on divorce or you want to post more of your art school portfolio?

At least Catholics are fucking honest with all their bullshit. Don't need faggot atheists who argue for furry rights talking about Jesus.

Reminder that Jesus cursed a fig tree because it looked like it had fruit from a distance and when it turned out it didn't, Jesus was disappointed and cursed the tree
Jesus was a reformer but clearly he had a bit of that human fallibility in him unless there's something I'm misunderstanding about figs

well we are 1/4th way of everyone just not understanding the joke

I read this as "literally nobody hates Christmas"... Which is objectively true.

Sup Forums has gotten more and more retarded as the years go by, just like all the other boards.

While driving people out of the temple who were there to sell sacrificial animals to worshipers is rather anti-Jewish, or at least against mainstream Jewish religious practices of the time.

"The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. 13 Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. 14 Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it."
Mark 11:12-14

I find it funny they mentioned his disciples said they saw it because it sounds like the person recording the event didn't believe that's something Jesus would do

Christians are the most persecuted religious group in the world.

Those Muslim countries are a bitch to religious minorities.

>immaculately concepted (is that even a phrase?) meaning she was born without sin (the phrase does not mean,
Immaculate Conception is the term. The meaning is that her conception is immaculate because she was born without sin from Saint Anne.

No, it's the normal way to interpret the quote. It's a very straightforward situation. Throughout the gospels kikes try to trick Jesus into answering questions where seemingly no matter which side he takes it'll make him look bad and this was one of those times. They thought:
>Heheheh, I'll ask Jesus if he submits to the Roman government's demand for taxes. If he says not to we can get him executed for treason and if he says we should submit to them then he'll lose his position of authority among his followers!
But like every other time they try this shit on him he comes out on top because he simultaneously avoids the committing treason trap and maintains his position of authority by reminding everyone that money is in fact a product of the state and therefore a proper thing to pay back to the state while not having anything to do with the things he's teaching of man's obligations to God.

yeah he was a radical who hated a Jewish government that collaborated with the Romans

by its nature a call for Jewish Nationalism at that point would be anti-government and the government and the temple were pretty close back then

Fomented rebellion against Rome, their figurehead jew king Herod and the corrupt temple priests while gathering thousands of followers.

Jesus was pretty clever about it all though. People tend to forget how much the Romans were proper legalists and bureaucrats. The pharisees would come running like a bunch of tattletale kids and go "You won't believe what he said this time about the birds and the seeds. He's calling Rome an evil outside force."

"Stories are stories. We're not going to arrest someone unless they say some stuff directly."

It was just a really fucking clever way to sidestep the pharisees. They'd always try to catch him saying something directly against Rome. The man was an absolute ace at wordplay.

That's like saying I enjoyed a bar of chocolate, but you later find out you ate shit You are allowed to change your opinion when new facts come out.

The famous incident of the adulteress is the same way. Jesus wasn't actually being exceptionally forgiving or making a point about mankind in general, he was pointing out that to stone adulterers to death required BOTH culprits AND a witness to confirm guilt, so his opponents had sinned by even asking about just getting the woman stoned.

This
Jesus was not a full on hippie as we think of them. That strain of thought was built largely on the amalgamation of disassociated Christian values inherent in living in the US in the 60s and the propaganda put out by the Kremlin to other countries about how wonderful their soviet society was (along with the general communist literature)
Jesus, while a more liberal figurehead than other Jews at the time, was still largely conservative by modern standards. He believed that if you were bound to the Old Covenant, you still had to obey it (that included him)

Last Temptation is a good film and a solid portrayal in my book of what kind of a person he is based on how he is described in 2 of the 4 gospels

that isn't what he is saying at all, he was basically saying to refuse to pay taxes without coming out and saying it

your basically using later reinterpretation of events that try to paint Jesus in a different light than the anti-Roman radical he actually was

Its a common mistake, the early church worked very hard on selling the shit you are buying because otherwise Romans would have never converted

If you're not baiting you're legitimately autistic and need to stop acting like a retard. Or just stop posting and continue being a autistic retard somewhere else where we don't have to deal with you.

If the shit tastes exactly like chocolate and doesn't make you sick like eating real shit would do, there is no functional difference between your imaginary shit and your imaginary chocolate.

it deletes your baby's system32