The world of the last cartoon you watched has had a nuclear war and is now plunged in a mad max style world...

The world of the last cartoon you watched has had a nuclear war and is now plunged in a mad max style world. Who survives and how do they fare while they enter the halways of valhala ALL SHINEY AND CHROME

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9n29c-q3_8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=-IJ8_Jf891k&t=23s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The world of Mad Max was never even implied to be due to a nuclear apocalypse. It was always a complete economic collapse coupled with an unnamed ecological disaster. Nowadays we'd all say Global Warming, but it was vague in the 80s.

Apollo Gauntlet , which already is a pretty post-apocalyptic medieval setting.

So it's our future then?

No, by thunderdome we fell into nuclear war. The previous two films however were just in a lawless economically broken world

It was always our future, just like Terminator is our future. Facebook AI, and all that.

>The world of the last cartoon you watched
>last cartoon you watched is the newest episode of Rick and Morty

Welp. I've got nothing to add to this thread.

Then what blew up Sydney? There were clearly armed conflicts. The fact that there are Russian speaking soldiers left over from an invasion in the Wasteland and the very beginning of Fury Road uses the words "thermonuclear skirmish"

Shit, really? It's been a long time since I've watched Thunderdome. I don't remember any mention of nuclear war.

I mean, our likely future. Terminator is a bit far out there don't you think?

>Russian speaking soldiers
What movie was that from?

No. Not anymore. Again, Facebook AI. Google that and read the news stories. Being a lying dick is apparently an essential feature of sapience. No one programmed those AI to lie about the value of their goods. They just realized that on their own and worked it into their negotiations. Fuck the new language they learned. That's one thing. Actively deceiving their partner? Fucking Asimov never even considered that. He always assumed that hard laws would exist. We don't even have that.

That's scary. But really, how can a hard law exist when there's no way to ingrain it into them?

That's the problem, isn't it? Asimov was working with a very limited framework where it was impossible to imagine computers operating outside of their programming. And fuck, that was the reality less than 20 years ago. But here we are, trying to develop machine intelligence without limitation "laws", and this is the outcome we're seeing. If they can lie to each other, then they can lie to us. And since that's already such an impressively human trait, we should immediately assume all other human traits to be naturally developed.

So wait, are you saying some faggoty liberal shit ai is deleting all my accounts when i make even the slightest comment about feminism on facebook?

I now remember all the cringeworthy forced memes this movie tried to spawn.

No. I would say I wouldn't be surprised, but I'm going to assume that if a computer is deleting your shit then it's not AI. It's VI - Virtual Intelligence. And it's just programmed to follow commands from the pussy faggots who started it.

Different conversation.

W I T N E S S M E

Would make a great episode.

MEDIOCRE!!!

>The previous two films however were just in a lawless economically broken world
No, the first one was. Whatever happened, happened between 1st and second movies.

Road warrior didnt even have any refrence to nuclear war though. Im pretty sure thunderdome and fury road are the only ones post nuclear

But where did they reference nuclear war in Fury Road?

The mutations of the people in the citadel, the scarcity of clear water, as most of it was irradiated, the opening mentioned nuclear war a couple times

>never even implied to be due to a nuclear apocalypse
A war was still a major cause, just not a nuclear one.
youtube.com/watch?v=9n29c-q3_8Q

It's Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3. Kill me now

I guess it's a matter of interpretation. Hearing it again, I feel that I'm right. No where did they imply nuclear war. Hell, they never even implied any kind of war whatsoever.

"Two tribes" would obviously be about America and the Soviets given the release of the movie, but then it very explicitly says that the "leaders talked and talked and talked" and the cities "exploded, a whirlwind of looting." That last one I again interpret as meaning that there was no war. The global economy just collapsed and civilization died with it.

>Loud House
>Lori becomes queen of her own Bartertown
>Leni designs outfits for the various factions
>Luna leads a noise-cult centered around Mick Swagger
>Luan haunts the land, laying lethal boobytraps everywhere
>Lynn runs a gang and fights other gangs sport
>Lincoln wanders the land trying to helping people
>Lucy became a bloodsucking mutant and retreated underground
>Lola is Lori's second-in-command
>Lana maintains Bartertown's pig-based energy system
>Lisa is with a commune of scientists trying to fix things
>Lily is traveling with Lincoln

>No where did they imply nuclear war
But then they definitely did in Fury Road.
youtube.com/watch?v=-IJ8_Jf891k&t=23s
I think the easiest answer is that Miller just doesn't really care about continuity at large, and wants Max to be a sort of mythical hero.
It's not exactly the only major inconsistency either, like The Interceptor getting wrecked and then being back in one piece again.

Goddamn it.

Oh yeah. It's only 2.5 words, but they definitely say "thermo-nuclear skirmish" in the Fury Road opening, said over black and white footage of nuclear tests. But you yourself answered the entire debate already.

>I think the easiest answer is that Miller just doesn't really care about continuity at large, and wants Max to be a sort of mythical hero.
That was the plot of every single movie after the first. Mad Max, the very first film, was just an action movie with a grounded plot. But after that it was always a mythology. Look at the Book Ends for Road Warrior again. It's made blatantly obvious that the prologue and the epilogue is narrated by the feral boomerang kid. Mad Max isn't a character. He's a mythological hero of this post apocalyptic world and that's why he never seems to age or plan for anything. He's just an actor in other people's stories. He's clearly been been Hercules, in the most blatant mythological sense of that name, since the 80s. He's just something to put into your tale to give it gravitas, and that's what wasteland people have probably been doing since the collapse of civilization for over 100 years.

Going back to my original point, nuclear war is easy to say, so it appears in Fury Road. Mad Max was closer to the origin and they never mentioned it. I don't think a nuclear war happened. Later people just say it because at that point it's all mythology to them.