How come Batman is still part of the Justice League, an organization that has a bunch of murderers on it?

How come Batman is still part of the Justice League, an organization that has a bunch of murderers on it?

Maxwell Lord did nothing wrong

yaaas, slay queen

To be fair, Batman sperged out big-time and I'm nly sure he ever let it go

Why do cape comics think breaking someones neck is badass? It always comes across as a lame way to do it

>there's always a way
Oh fuck off. No there fucking ain't. Stop pretending you live in candyland, you naive autist.

Oh wait no, Batman is always right, so clearly Diana should've just let Max go about his fucking business. "Welp, I can't stop you, so I guess I'll just sit here while you use Kal to murder everyone you don't like.".

Gotta love how when Diana takes a single life to save millions, that's bad. Bruce builds a spy satellite with the ultimate intention of controlling everyone so they'll stop having opinions he doesn't like? That's fine. It's okay when Batman does something awful.

Batman currently leads the Justice League of America, which also has a bunch of murderers on it.

What is Marty Manhunter's take on all this?

To be fair, Batman had just found out that Zatanna erased his memory of the League doing shady shit. I'd be pissed off too and I don't have billions of dollars and a dozen mental illnesses.
Bats did get called on Brother Eye eventually, by the way.
1/3

2/2

3/3
This was peak "the justice league are being douches to each other". It seems to have been quietly shelved after Infinite Crisis.

>killing is better than spying on people
wew lad

That wouldn't have happened if the stupid fucker hadn't immediately reee'd and started attacking them. He could've just asked them what the hell, but because Bruce is a petulant little brat, he aped out instead of trying to deal with the situation sensibly.

Batman is a fucking retard.

>selfishness is better than righteousness
Brother Eye exists because Bruce is a paranoid faggot who wants to force others to live by his own naive ethics. Diana killed Max to save the lives of millions of people.

Go fuck yourself.

Why did you post a picture of Wonder Woman holding a sword?

So whens Booster Gold coming back?

>Stop pretending you live in candyland, you naive autist.

But they do live in a candyland with a superhero-man who can punch reality and travel back in time. So Batmans reasoning isn't exactly wrong there. Brainiac just killed a lot of people? Tell Superman to punch reality again or travel back in time and prevent it. Problem solved.

No, Brother Eyes exists because Bruce has FIRST HAND experience of his memory being wiped by the league to hide shit they had done from him. Who's to say it wouldn't happen again? He needed a way to ensure that they would have to fool him AND a super-surveillance AI in order to pull more shady shit.

Not saying it was "Right" but seriously, how many times do we need to see how fucked everyone else is when the league goes rogue before we all agree that they seriously need checks in place against them.

Oh fuck. If there are no consequences, then the conflict is inherently meaningless, and you might as well just be watching Dragonball Z for all any of this whoreshit matters.

And publishers wonder why nobody gives a flying rat's ass about comic books.

Thats why I think Superman is such a lame superhero. Plots revolving around Superman (and arguably Flash) only work when they conveniently forget they have superpowers.

I mean, Superman has an X-ray vision which goes through everything else but lead. He can cause new Big Bangs by punching space. He's basically omnipotent and the only two weaknesses he has is that he's not very smart and green rocks make him puke.

>some c-list leaguers mindwipe batman
>batman builds a giant satellite that watches over everything
>joker escapes prison and murders a thousand people AGAIN
>"no, we cant kill him. if we do, he wins hadurr badurr"

Murder is unjustified killing. Some killing is justified.

It's bloodless? Unambiguous? Fast? If someone got stabbed, theres good reason to think they'll either survive or stay alive for a long while. At least in a comic book.

Batman should just cripple him for good. Out of all the questionable things Justice Lords did in their own world, lobotomizing Doomsday and Joker were the least questionable. That, or cut off Joker's limbs so then at least he wouldn't be able to escape all by himself anymore, would always need the help of another villain.

Doesn't batman already horribly cripple people by violently beating them into a coma? It might be interesting if they made his no kill policy into 'No kill but torture and permanent physical and psycological damage is okay'

Reminder that Infinite Crisis is the second time Bruce's fail-safes have been stolen from him unaware, turned against the Justice League, and Bruce couldn't be bothered to sit down and help fix things until the situation had completely gone to shit. Infinite Crisis is worse than Tower of Babel though, as Bruce was actively misleading people to obscure his involvement rather simply ignoring the problem. If any member of the Justice League needs to be taken down for going rogue it's Bruce, as he's repeatedly shown to be malevolent and incompetent.

"Justice League being douches to each other" is really only from Identity Crisis through Infinite. The real change was the end of the "Batman is a complete asshole" characterization, which had by that point been running for upwards of eight years.

I give Batman a pass on the Joker because with all of the times The Joker has come back from certain death. What if The Joker is actually immortal?

If Batman crosses his line and snap The Joker's neck, what if the Joker got back up and made some snide comment like it was no big deal? Batman would have broken his number one rule and it was all for nothing.

Realistically a good number of the people Batman fights would have permanent injuries. Granted, if we're talking realism Batman would have the knees and spine of an old man and be suffering from brain damage at this point.

And Batmans way, as we have seen it, is keeping the bad alive going rampage and killing innocent as long as he himself can keep his hands clean.

So because the Justice League could go rogue, he created a AI, that is supposed to be powerful enough to fight the Justice League, that could go rogue, be hacked... as well.
Sure that makes sense. "I'm only fucking up the situation more than it already is, because it doesn't matter when there are more weapons that can be stolen around." is such a great idea.

Why the hell is the Justice League at fault when Batman fucks up?

I heard he was around when Ted Kord killed himself, and could've talked him out of it.

Couldn't she have just knocked him out, or something?

Doesn't exist anymore.

He gets off on being contemptuous and morally superior around them.

>no there ain't
Yes there is. When superheroes are met with the impossible, they try harder.

I have a huge hateboner for no-kill guys who tolerate kill-guys on their team. The second diana kills lord, bats and supes should take her down.

Do you think Batman puts bat wings on his erection and runs around the Justice League making whooshing sounds?

I like the "are you serious?"-look on Supes and Bats face as if this ever gonna happen.

It's so fucking stupid that superheroes are only allowed to kill if they're military affiliated, as if that should matter at all outside of propaganda.

Spider-man has a strict no kill rule but idolizes Captain America, who fought in WW2, shot and blew up nazis on the regular, and has no compunctions at all with putting permanent ends to dangerous threats.

Wonder Woman is an amazonian princess who regularly decapitates people and mythological enemies with a sword and sends them to the underworld, but Batman refuses to just kill the Joker and avenge the thousands he's maimed or killed.

Hal Jordan is an airforce fighter pilot so killing is totally okay because uncle sam okays it, but superman won't just vaporize vandal savage after he tries to fucking destroy the world

No kill rules are dumb and exist only tobl give plot armor to villains and maintain the status quo

Is this a meme? Maxwell Lord was the one who killed Ted.

>When superheroes are met with the impossible, they try harder.
What are you, a shonen-fag? Fuck off with that naive bullshit.

And then what? He'd eventually get up and do it again.

That was legally self-defence. Diana even turned herself into the Haugue for the trial, and was found innocent.

>Hal Jordan is an airforce fighter pilot
Retard.

WW did nothing wrong.

The fact he flew experimental aircraft doesn't mean he wasn't a trained soldier. I'd love to see you rationalize Emerald Twilight happening but half the villains in Gotham city walking out of arkham every weekend

Because the joker has died several times you dumbass, he has been into coma, Morrison's run starts with him being shot in the fucking face, he cameback.

>Is this a meme?
Sadly, Sup Forums not reading comics isn't a meme. It's a fact.

That was in part due to the efforts of her attorney.

... I really shouldn't, but I miss Kate. And now she's got Green Arrow for a client. Poor gal.

No, she should've let the deranged asshole use Superman as a puppet to murder millions of people, because Batman says so.

That just makes Gotham PD even stupider for not just shooting him on sight (or with a rooftop sniper) if they know he will just come back

Did you read the comic?

What does Emerald Twilight have to do with half the villains in Gotham City walking out of Arkham every weekend?

Then keep him knocked out until you make a prison that can hold him.

But what am i saying, these are comics. No prison can hold him as long as he'll be needed for another story.

They shot on sight. They always do that.

You are obsessed with batman, your hate is making you just like the joker ;)

And even then the fucker came back to life, because fuck consequences for this allegedly serious dramatic story.

Why does anyone even have a problem with killing if people can just come back anyway? There are quite literal 'get out of Hell free' cards in this universe. Shit, at least one person resurrected themselves by crawling out of their own grave!

DEATH IS MEANINGLESS.

You've never read a Superman comic, have you?

It's her fault that Batman had to build brother eye

Right try to understand this. Without the AI, if the JL goes rogue, there is nothing to stop them. If the AI goes rogue and the JL doesn't, the JL can fight the AI and with Batman giving them info on it, beat it.

If they BOTH go rogue, then we were fucked either way.

You need SOMETHING that can beat the league, otherwise they could declare themselves gods whenever they wanted.

Sure, the methods often end up subverted, but that is just an easy way of creating tension for the writers. It's an easy story to write where "Well meaning normie member of the team with tons of resources creates a failsafe against their superpowered teammates.

It's telling that both Marvel and DC have done pretty much the exact same storyline with both respective characters responsible being the billionaire playboy with gadgets, that is scared of the lack of restrictions on the supermen.

It's a sound idea, but comic logic prevents it from working cus drama.

>Diana killed Max
Wonder Woman is so helpless that her only way to stop someone is to kill him...

... Okay, I'll play. How do you figure?

>You need SOMETHING that can beat the league

You mean like the couple hundred other superheroes, the larger number of supervillains, and the government - which canonically has multiple teams of superhuman operatives, sci-fi tech, and integrated superhuman military units?

Go ahead man, show the hero or villain who can beat Superman. No, show me a GROUP who could without Deus Ex Kryptonite

Fact is, to have a chance of beating supes and friends you would need a massive confederation of super powered people. And the fact that most will die in the attempt will dissuade many from risking it. Safer to knuckle down and not get your brains melted.

Oh shit I feel kind of...funny

>Spider-man has a strict no kill rule but idolizes Captain America
You're basically saying that cops should act like soldiers.

>Fuck off with that naive bullshit.
You're reading comics about masked vigilantes saving the average Joe and the world on a regular basis.

The concept of superhero is naive...

Gordon should have put him down then and there

Maybe they should. Soldiers are capable of exercising restraint.

Then maybe they would stop trying yo have serious storylines involving inherently stupid ideas. Fuck Watchmen.

Any halfway competent telepath or magic user. Fucking hell, evil Superman is at a lower tier than most event villains and you don't see heroes knuckling down because it's safer.

I thought we already established the fact that Batman is wrong.

The end of No Man's Land was quite the gut-punch

To be fair, the Joker would have stopped being a proplem years ago if Gotham would just get its fucking act together and give him the death penalty. I don't get why Bruce gets all the blame for this. He does the hard part of stopping his plot, catching him and throwing him in jail, and even then it's because the police are apparently ill-equipped and ill-trained to deal with him. You don't need training to kill the Joker. You just need a needle.

This

Either have serious stories than can maturely deal the issues rather than going full shonen moralfagotory or don't, but then don't create these moral situations for the character.

Apollo, Mister Majestic, Icon, Flash if he ups his Speedforce bullshit (rip Superboy Prime lmao), the combined might of the lantern corps., maybe even just the greens.

Maybe Martian Manhunter.

at least he took it with a smile, right?

that IS a good point, now that you mention it, user.
Why don't they off him already? Doesn't make much sense. If putting him on death row would take too long, just put it up ASAP ya know? It's not like you see Batman stopping legal executions all the time right? It really does need to be thought out more.

It would make for an interesting story idea, Batman dealing with a world without the joker.

i've always felt like batman doesn't approve of killing but understands that sometimes a hero has to kill to save the day
he doesn't allow himself that leeway because he believes if he starts killing he can never stop
batman realizes that he's unhinged enough that if he crossed that line, the temptation to kill again would be too great

What bothers me is that Batman never faces any repercussions. I don't like to say mary sue, but its really hard to defend Batman from these situations where he directly causes a megadeath event, or when his refusal to kill gets innocents killed. I'm not talking about why he doesn't execute a enemy once subdued, but when he doesn't use lethal force to take someone down but instead lets the fight for 5 days across the city leaving 72 people dead. Those dead are on his hands, he could have stopped them, but didn't.

I like that he actually went as far as to shoot him

There was this one plot where Batman stopped an trial that likely would have ended in execution for the Joker because it happened to be the one time he was accused of a crime he DIDN'T commit. Apparently, it was meant to be a "test of Bruce's character". Mind you, the REAL perp was someone else, and if Joker got the blame for the crime, he would have got away.

I dunno if that kinda stupid plot would fly in this day and age. Then again, it's not like current comic book plots are any less stupid. Even if Bruce did let the Joker take the fall for the crime, I'm sure Jim would have chewed him out for it after the real perp was caught.

After all, Bruce's moral center is basically Jim Gordan.

ITT: Edgelords sperg about Batman's no-kill policy

I'm pretty sure Bruce is crazy anyway. He couldn't kill even if he really wanted to. Like how Dent can't stop using his coin, or how Nygma can't stop being a faggot.

>Batfags defend it

Because Batman is a valuable part of the brand, and the Justice League brand still makes money.

This sequence makes that Batman/Punisher scene where Frank is about to kill the Joker even more retarded. With Joker running away like a scared bitch

Bruce likes Jim. No one likes Frank.

If the Joker came back then Bats didn't break his number one rule.

>Captain America, who fought in WW2, shot and blew up nazis on the regular

Retconned to him never killing anyone during WWII.

So we are back to batwank:
Batman is the only hero, who can beat Superman, so he HAD to build brother eye.
AND it is Superman's fault for existing.

Character fags are the worst.

The Justice League is a group of individuals, the probability of all of them going rogue at the same time, is much less, than someone being able to steal Batman's newest toy from him, which also has happened several times.

During the years a lot of heroes have been shown to be able to beat Superman. Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, only when people want to defend Batman for acting like a paranoid dick, they forget this.

Not with a lot of batfags. For them he is completely rational in making the world an even more dangerous place with his contingency plans.

Does New Jersey have the death penalty?

>Martian Manhunter, Captain Marvel,
proof pls.

>Oh fuck off. No there fucking ain't
You're telling me, SUPERMAN can't find another way?

Fucking Superman?

>comics diana will never break your neck.

There's that but how do you think they'd spin in the narrative and all, I mean it's not like he wouldn't hasn't noticed that they kill people this whole time, right? that'd just be silly

I love how Katar's reaction to Batman crying about his mindswipe was literally "FUCK YOUR FEELINGS".

Superman was 100% under Maxwell Lord's control. Max explicitly said that as long as he lived, he could make Superman kill anyone, anytime, from anywhere.

So in this instance, no, Superman couldn't find another way.