Is she the worst handled cartoon character in recent memory?

Is she the worst handled cartoon character in recent memory?
strawpoll.me/13612098

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13612098
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wha happened?

>inb4 Mabel

saltyanon you really need to let go of this irrational hate that drives you to spam the board with these jackiebashing threads, it's not healthy

you'll give yourself a stomach ulcer

Jackie is literally the worst, 9/10 anons on the star threads will tell you that

yeah and 9/10 anons in star threads are fucking faggots who are salty about their ship not happening so that doesnt say much

Who also know that Jackie is a useless character and a plot device, even compared to Tom and Janna

As much as a plot device as she is, it could be worst. S3 just begun, let's see what happens.

She's not in the intro when all the other teens are. She's deliberately not in there because the staff know she's boring and her days are numbered.

Or maybe she's not in the intro because the intro is from star's perspective and not marco's

Marco wearing a cape pisses me off more than anything else.

Minority opinion: I would have rather Star and Marco stayed platonic best friends, since male lead and female lead becoming a couple is so cliched.

But since that's off the table, they could still have Jackie be Marco's platonic friend. But they won't.

What's the latest on her mermaid status now? Someone mentioned Nefcy apparently went back on her statement that it wasn't going to happen.

Nope, that would be pic related.

maybe she was cucked by a skater girl IRL and is just spamming these threads to vent.

yeah, I'm starting to suspect something like that

No, she has been used as she has to be, I mean people only complain on her because ship wars and the only arguments they use are: she is a plot device, she has no personality. I'm such a deep trashy Starco shipper and I like her. So fuck off

>tfw when you're not in the intro

No.

>Hot af design
>Boring as hell personality
Sad

Looks like your poll proved you wrong.

With the spic out of the way we can finally have best ship!

what I don't get is why not? Tom ultimately moved on and is now on the front lines as a friend.

Up in the air again. New theory has something involving count mildrew

Is she really that boring though? She's just a bit more normal next to star is all.

How is Jackie badly written in any way?
She's served her purpose well.

How many love interests can stand in the way of the fans' OTP and come out being the sympathetic one?

Are you trying to prove something just to satisfy yourself with an answer?

This is not a place for a good opinion, and you're actually weak for stooping this low.

>It's cliché for the male lead and female lead to end up together, which is bad no matter how well written their relationship is or how natural it feels
>It's not at all cliché for the protagonist to not get what they want in a coming-of-age story, in fact it's somehow good and teaches an important lesson about how life sucks, how mature
I don't get you people at all

Both are cliche and both bring up good and bad arguments.
Point is Jackie doesn't deserve to be tossed to the curb when she's been nothing but supportive and we have ample evidence of that.

Not many
But she still gets hate despite supposedly being the sympathetic one

In the first season Star and Marco felt more like brother and sister than anything else. Even early season 2.

I think he's trying to get everyone to hate Jackie by overexposing people to her.

As autistic as it is, it's working

Criticizing something for being cliché should just be a shorthand way of criticizing the plot for playing out in a way that was contrived to meet the audience's expectations of the work.
Just throwing the term out there on its own doesn't mean anything. Every story where the good guys beat the bad guys is cliché in that sense, it says absolutely nothing about the quality of the work.

Jackie looks like she's being served a big old shit sandwich right now, but the story is far from over. Marco might leave her for Star but I very seriously doubt he's just going to have a love epiphany out of nowhere and toss her aside.
More than anything it seems likely that Jackie's going to be the one to break up with him, because he's not putting any work into their relationship and consistently favors spending time with Star over her.

The current situation is really shitty for Jackie, but nothing that happened for things to get to this point was forced or contrived. And the story will be better for it; Star and Marco will have their own problems to sort out, and Jackie can be more than just a love interest.

She's barely in the show, she doesn't matter, none of it matters, and you shouldn't care about who a 14 year old boy fucks in a childrens show.

exactly, that's what I'm trying to tell people. She sucks

The constant Jackie hate thread are getting annoying and I think shippingfaggotry is cancer

But Jackie is just a plot device. There is no real reason to like her. And I have not seen anyone who likes her give any other reason than "she makes muh benis hard"

I WALK THIS LONELY ROAD

Kindly walk it off a cliff.

There probably wasn't any reason at all before Sleepover, and no good reason before Bon Bon, but she's such a nice person who's shown an appreciation and desire to be known more - literally the basis of Marcos speech, and it hurts that she isn't getting that.

Hey everyone, Marco here. Why are you all asking where Jackie went? She's right here!

No reason to like Janna in my eyes
We all have preferences

I will ask again, is there any smut of loli Moon debasing herself by fucking a young, savage River? Accepting that she wants his caveman cock to hollow out her tight royal pussy and giving in to pleasure?

>I'm not from around here
>when Star and Marco are in Mewni

If anything its from Marco's perspective, not Star's.

You're overthinking it

Don't give a shit about ships, but she is pretty normal compared to every single character on the show. You could stick her in Doug and she'd fit right in.

No, that would be Mabel

Well it's true

/thread

Tell that to the anti Korra autists while you're at it

But I feel like if I encountered someone like Jackie in real life I wouldn't be bored at all
Just because she's "normal" doesn't automatically make her boring.

>strawpoll.me/13612098

Failing this hard, is OP the dumbest non Trump person in recent memory

But that is the problem for the context of the show. Everyone short of the one off school kids we see has some sort of quirk or sillyness to them. Marco's parents, friends, the teacher, karate master, etc.

Jackie was just cool skater chick who waved and made Marco feel funny. Then she moved on to mellow hippy/cocksleeve. If you want the character to feel right in the show then she needs something.

I mean in order for that to happen she sort of has to become entwined in some conflict of her own.
Which should be happening now that the truth was spilled to her.