I
DICK
GIANT ROBOTS

/m/ pls

WE

WUZ

GIANT ROBOTS

GIANT ROBOTS

its about this kid if you were too young to watch it youtube.com/watch?v=rAMuLNDiWHg

WE
DIG
GIANT ROBOTS

>Yfw Megas will never get a reboot

It hurts

>Actually wanting current day western animators to revive Megas

There is lterally nothing wrong with taking another mans seed up your poop chute while piloting a giant robot in space while also fighting against interdimensional aliens

Anything would be better than TTG

Megas was never good though, the only thing people remember about it is that it looks anime and that it had a kickass opening theme song

You're insane. It's one of the most rewatchable shows ever.

>Not good
user, I'm sorry but you have a shit taste

prove it

Prove you have shit taste? Ok:

Why'd they change her design in S2, though?

Telling lies?

YOU BUSTED UP MY CAR SHOW
YOU WRECKED MY FRIENDS RIDES
AND
YOU MADE ME RUN HALF A BLOCK

Coop was /ourguy/

>so this thing eats tv shows
>in layman's terms, yes
>that is the most evil thing I've ever heard

>>They released a full version
>>It was mostly instrumental

>and there's still no actual instrumental version of the intro

What do you mean prove it? Isn't this subjective? You hate it he likes it what's there to prove?

youtube.com/watch?v=B5DfjGDmFL4

This will always be my favorite joke from the show.
>Be fat fuck
>best friend was a bone skinny guy who wore hoodies all the time
>We used to go to restaurants so he could watch me eat.
>We were best bros.
>We stopped talking a few years back
>i recently got my stomach stapled.

I cant go back to the happier times.
I miss you zack.

Coop would post here

>That montage of Coop growing up
>just play Vidya his entire life
>mid teens plays with Jamie
>adulthood plays while Jamie watches

Fun fact, Megas almost got cancelled at season one until a Cartoon Network employee realized they were working on season 2.

[citation needed]
But if that's true... fucking shit.

Why did they cancel it anyway, doesn't Cartoon Network dig giant robots?

Source is Toonami faithful podcast.
They did a great interview with the creators of the show. They pretty much say that MEGAS will never comeback. CN can't even make a keychain for the show.

youtube.com/watch?v=JYoLQmVsH7A

Wait, who are "they"? And why would that affect anything? It's not like networks cancelling shows in mid-production is unheard of.

Are you kidding me? The DMV episode is fucking glorious on rewatch.

Season finales are even better.

These were the best gags

>...I'll show you fall apart
>Jamie! What is...."Right of Way"?

>CN can't even make a keychain for the show.
But can they make DVDs? Or if not in the US, in other countries at least?

The funniest part of that is the random HAM one.

The fact that Coop presumably installed all of those and still can't always find what hes looking for is just funny to me.

I know that Sym Bionic Titan got a DVD release in other countries after being written off by US Cartoon Network. So there must be a loophole or something since they have the rights to the show to make the DVD. Megas is on US iTunes but that was before the tax writeoff.

I won't be as categoric as you, but I have to admit that I tried watching it after hearing so much praise for it and quickly gave up after an handful of episodes.
I guess I would have like it more as a young teen but I found it pretty boring. Also the main character is more annoying than anything else.

>Megas is on US iTunes but that was before the tax writeoff.
And yet they didn't take it off from there, even though they did that with Sheep in the Big City. Something doesn't add up.

The creators of the show, George Kristic and Christ Pyronoski.

All of the button jokes are priceless, but what really gets me is the amount of abandoned buildings or the glorious hateboner for MTV.

ANTI COCOON

DESTROY MOTH LIKE BUG

ANTI COCOON

DESTROY MOTH LIKE BUG

>homework and cough syeup factory

>the glorious hateboner for MTV.
Yes
It's so hilariously petty

The creators of the show had a previous animated series called Downtown that was shown on Mtv. Of course, Mtv cancelled it so the creators liked to take pot shots at the channel whenever they could.

I'm pretty sure you mean PoPTV. No connection.

24/7 BROADCASTING OF ROCKSTARS REMODELLING YOUR HOUSE, AND ABSOLUTELY, NO, MUSIC!

Glorious.
youtu.be/yg1EUzysElE

>Coop destroying their macguffin accidentally with a touchdown throw

>yfw all women have giant robot fantasies

>all women want to BE giant robots

you sure it was petty? their hateboner for them seems justified to me youtube.com/watch?v=MbwIuLORCgE

I just mean that it was personal

Goat was living the dream.

>there will never be a Megas XLR game that uses every button on the keyboard, your mouse, a USB controller, a Wheel and the Steel Batallion setup all at once

it hurts

NICE

The button missing was always the obvious joke but it only just hit me that all the buttons have designated nameplates while "Save the world" is clearly just some quick labelmaker thing. Good shit.

Shit, I only just realized that too. That's great writing for ya.

>you will never play a Megas VR game where half the game is trying to track down a conveniently helpful button that just popped into existence in your cockpit

>that game

ALL
I
WANTED

If nothing else, it I like it for how un-seriously it takes itself.

We try to.

Is this... Loss?

He was a great role model.

And it was a loving and clever parody of both classic anime and American action cartoons.

It gets way better in the 2nd season imo. The episode where hes fucking around in the robot while the cthulu guy is in his own version is 10/10. When the main bad guy has a look of genuine concern and fear for the hero its something truly special.

Also the transformers parody where he comes phases out of the mist and snaps the robots necks is comedy genius. I rewatched it a month ago with a friend who never saw it and we loved it.

I can confirm, that episode is pure gold.

I want Coop to fuck me in the ass

The 2nd season is way worse than the first one, something like half those episodes are barely watchable. But all the 1st season ones are gold.

Then again, you seem to have no clue what you're talking about because both those episodes are from the 1st season anyways.

Neither do you. The show was the same throughout both seasons, it was all good.

No it wasn't. 2nd season was full of dumbass eps like Thanksgiving Throwdown, Ice Ice Megas, A Clockwork Megas, and to a lesser extent The Return.

It was just fine, the quality was no fucking different.

The episodes I named were all but unwatchable, in most cases because they lacked real villains (or had really fucking stupid ones).

>unwatchable
Maybe for YOU, but plenty enjoyed them no different from the season 1 eps. Clockwork Megas had a great twist with the reveal about the planet being a prison for bad robots and not some slave camp.

>all but unwatchable,
That means they were watchable, dummy.

"But" is a word that means exclusion.
If they were everything excluding unwatchable, then they were very watchable and good

You're an idiot. Everything excluding unwatchable means extremely close to being that.

That twist was the only good thing about that episode really, and it sure wasn't enough to save it from being utter tripe.

So?
You're still excluding the one thing you're actually trying use.

If I have 39 cakes and I need 40 for a full set, I have all but one.
It means I don't have that last thing.
The most important thing, and it's not there.

If I say something is "anything but over", it means it's just the beginning because out of all the qualities this thing could have, "over" is not one of them.