Can he make a hit from a dud
Take a look at the third entry
Hey, there McGuire
There goes the Spider-Man.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zOtpeYERu9w
youtube.com/watch?v=cMkoDwFtVqI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is Spiderman such a terrible superhero?

Don't you have anything better to do?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzz

those prices arent right user, you didn't adjust for inflation with the first couple of spiderman movies

. $1,117,888,021.12 if you put the first spiderman movie into adjusted inflation.

It would be close to 1.2 billion. first spideman came out in 2002, it's going to be 2018 soon etc.

He didn't have anything better to do all last week, why would that change?

Look at all the effort he put into a poem nobody finished reading.

You're correcting for CPI inflation, not ticket price inflation which is higher.

>Amazing Spider-Man 2:
>>Box Office: $709 million
>Spider-Man: Homecoming:
>>Box office: $641.8 million

So you're saying at least beats ASM2 by the end of its run?

It's got at least another $20m to come domestically even at a lowball estimate, probably $30m minimum from existing overseas territories.

And I know you don't know how little warning China likes to give on release dates, but if it opens there next week? Another $90m easy; $10m from Japan, eventually.

So... what higher than both ASM movies, lower than any of the Raimi movies (accounting for inflation), but with the potential for that to go up on the sequels?

You know, like normal movies?

Do you know... ASM and ASM2 were underperformers because they had much bigger budgets to pay back? It's true. But this one doesn't, so... you know.

Anyway keep on doing you, you know nobody else wants to. Check in with you next week when you're even more obviously wrong.

You reek of a desperate Marvel fanboy

Of course not

There's no such thing as good DC news so this loser has to keep pushing his "bad" marvel news

>There's no such thing as good DC news
Wonder Woman getting a good movie and reaching 800 millions(400 domestic) at her origin movie is not good news?

And you reek of a very petty DCuck

true but those adjustors aren't as readily available as the stand kind.

standard*

You have to post the budget too
Spider-Man 1:
>Box Office: $821.7 million
>Budget: $139 million

Spider Man 2:
>Box Office: $783.8 million
>Budget: $200 million

Spider Man 3:
>Box Office: $890.9 million
>Budget: $258 million

ASM:
>Box Office: $757.9 million
>Budget: $230 million

ASM2:
>Box Office: $709 million
>Budget: $255 million

Homecoming:
>Box Office: $643.6 million
>Budget: $175 million

>Spiderman 3 has the highest box office out of all the spiderman movies

WHY

It's the best movie.

Spider-Man 3:
>Box Office: $890.9 million

That Venom hype was real

Based China will save Spidey

so bad it's good
youtube.com/watch?v=zOtpeYERu9w

that absolutely was good news, but now its olds.

Wheredoyouthinkyouare

Don't you?

>Spider-Man 2 did worse than 1 and 3

Aquaman and Batman got good directors, we will recover from the disaster that will be the last Zack Snyder movie and will finally be free from his Tyranny

Lets just pray that Age of Ultron was Feige fault and not Whedon

>Lets just pray that Age of Ultron was Feige fault and not Whedon
pppffftttHAHAHAHA!!

user, what website did you post this on?

A movie's performance is decided solely by the quality of the previous film.

There's a controversy going on right now over whether or not Tom Holland is actually white enough to be Spider-man. What are your thoughts? Did you know he was half black?

>now it's olds
thanks semantics-user for letting me know it's not "news" anymore, you're always there for me.

What? He's Anglo-Irish. Now straight enough to play Spider-Man. That's debatable.

yeah...we're gonna see a lot of chris evans gifs after that movie.

He's half black and half gay. Insider source told me.

It probably was mostly Whedon's fault sadly. That being said I'd rather take AoU than BvS any day so I if I keep my expectations low maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. If not at least there's still Aquaman and Batman, Wonder Woman proves DC can do decent solo movies when not directed by Snyder

Gee another topic where companywarfags don't know what a flop is, what a surprise!

Spider-man 2 was so good everyone was hyping 3 before it got anounced
the media exploded once this image hit the internet

People always focus on McGuire being a bit off as Spider-Man, but literally every other casting decision in those movies was amazing.
MJ, Harry, Norman Osborne, Uncle Ben, Aunt May, JJJ, Octavius - all absolutely spot on. It goes a long way.

This dumb Trend again
Why can't you dumb DC/Marvel Cucks just Jump off a Cliff already.

>hasn't even released in China
LOL

Oh user. This is nothing compared to the coming war.
>Justice League, Initial release: 17 November 2017
>Thor Ragnarok, Initial release: 3 November 2017

Why it was Whedon fault and not Feige? He always did a solid job.

>Two Upcoming Movies that have the most Horrible CGI

Is just me or Cyborg cgi looks worse than Ultron? I don't know how cgi team works but warner always had kino cgi before, just look at harry potter, wtf happened?

Jesus Christ

So we can take Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 3's box office as definitive proof that the movie going public is worthless for determining quality.

>Spider-Man 3 was the best performing movie
>"Lets reboot the franchise"

Wonder if they would have still done it if they saw what MCU is doing now.

Even worse if you adjust for inflation.

Spider-Man 1 earned $821.7 million in 2002 which is $1.12 billion in today's currency.

Spider-Man 2 earned $783.8 million in 2004 which is $1.02 billion in today's currency.

Spider-Man 3 earned $890.9 million in 2007 which is $1.06 billion in today's currency.

Amazing Spider-Man earned $757.9 million in 2012 which is $810.8 million in today's currency.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 earned $709 million in 2014 which is $758.5 million in today's currency.

Homecoming: $641.8 million

It's a disappointment compared to its predecessors.

His deisgn is identical to Ultron holy fuck, Ultron joined the justice league.

You have to remember SM3 came out in 2007 (just one year before Iron Man and TDK change the game) and Sony tried pretty fucking hard to bring back Raimi and Tobey Maguire back for a SM4, even at ridiculous wages. By 2010, they were running out of time and decided to reboot then. But the Sony emails showed that Pascal still wished they retained Raimi. Maybe they shouldn't have had Avi Arad force his bullshit Venom on Raimi and make him angry.

kek

Why does it have to be either's fault? This was before Feige kicked out the comic guys. It could be their fault.

It didn't make any money off of me because once I heard Topher was portraying Brock I swore it off. I still haven't watched it.

Not for the next twenty minutes, no.

Every Chinese already pirated this movie, they took too long. The non cape fags at least sure as hell won't buy tickets for it.

>tfw I saw it in theaters 3 times and took multiple different friends each time

I wonder how things would've been if Raimi Spider-Man was still a thing after the Avengers

Rebooting the first time was probably the right call. Start fresh, no organic web shooters. The why they handled ASM was the problem. I mean even in Batman 89 he was already Batman, no need for a entire movie explaining his origin.

>this thread
Fuck off guys Avengers 2 is better than Avengers 1.

Everyone involved wanted to do another Spider-Man but all the scripts they gave Raimi sucked ass. Sony had already meddled with SM3 and forced the dumb dual villain shit and SM4 was shaping up to be even worse in that department, so after seeing shit draft after shit draft Raimi eventually walked away.

You retards realize it's still in theaters right? And it hasn't even been released in China yet.

Dance on it's grave all you want after it's all done, but at least wait for it to die.

Is it even gonna come to China?
Also it had significant dropoff, it's not gonna earn much more from its domestic run.

It's not coming to China. That's the saddest part about it.

Probably wouldn't be in MCU.

Peter would be the most experienced out of all the Avengers with 15 years under his belt yet they don't acknowledge his existence. Would be hard to explain his absence.

Sequel hype

See: The Avengers, Iron Man 3

>muh web shooters

who cares. why are you nerds so laser focused on that despite how accurate everything else in the first two raimi films is.

why is ultron's chest so big? like if he shot lazers out his chest I would understand,but why go with big ass ultron when a smaller slicker desigh would of been better?

So basically, Spiderman 2 created the most hype for a sequel in addition to being the best Spiderman movie.

Also Spiderman 2 was good because of Sam Raimi not Toby "Elijah Wood with gigantism" Macguire.

Couldn't have said it better OP.

#TOMISAGOODSPIDEYBUTSTILLNOTMYSPIDEY

People were hyped for venom and sm2 was great

Its a fun movie with great fight scenes, comedy and friendship. Never got the hate, maybe because i've never read a comic book. Of course it has its falls but to this day it still makes me smile when i watch it. Better than Homecoming

youtube.com/watch?v=cMkoDwFtVqI

Because it was fun.

>Is that Venom refelected on his eye?

I remember that shit

>All these it was fun posts
Literally because it was a sequel to Spiderman 2 and it had Spiderman in the title.

Amazing Spiderman 2 still made a fuck tonne of money.

Peter would have made Captain America his bitch.

>#TOMISAGOODSPIDEYBUTSTILLNOTMYSPIDEY
Then who is YOUR Spidey, user?

>He's not allowed to grow up and mature, regardless of the fact that there's so many young spiders now you don't need Peter to tell high school and college aged stories.
>He's not allowed to have consistant love interests anymore the way Superman has Lois Lane or Batman has Catwoman and Talia. MJ resents him and Felicia is a fucking bitch now. Spider-Gwen is off the table for him, nevermind the fact that she's perfectly legal for him to go after and you could have a compelling and even endearing "Old feelings, new faces" style story between them.
>Raimi was the only director interested in making a Spider-Man movie and had an understanding of the character until executive meddling in Spider-Man 3. The rest of the films are soulless cash grabs.
>Had roughly 20 years of comic book development for he and most of his supporting cast wiped out when he made a deal with a devil.
>Written for ten consecutive years by that hack Slott, while Bendis keeps gunning for him so that he can push his OC donut steel Miles into the role.
>His video games have been garbage for years and nobody can figure out a web swinging mechanic that people managed to get right back during the fucking PS2.
>Cartoons have taken a nose dive and the last good one ended on a cliffhanger where Peter Parker gets cucked and Norman Osborn got away with everything.
>Nobody wants to see a highschool aged Peter Parker. Every other popular hero with kids is and adult. You don't need to turn Spider-Man into a fucking kid to sell him to kids.

Spider-Man is hurting.

Because Peter building his web shooters is part of his character, he makes stuff. His web shooters do more than shoot one type of web. It's like making a Batman movie without his utility belt and replacing it with real bats instead of Batarangs.

Okay Peter. Not best Spidey though.

Everyone complains as if tobey isn't obviously the X-Men universe's spiderman

Dr Strange exists in the Raimi Spiderverse.

When Jameson is coming up with a name for Doc Ock the editor guy suggests Doctor Strange and Jonah says it's taken.

>2000s Daredevil, Punisher, Ghost Rider, Fantastic 4, Blade all in the same universe

these all seem like great numbers, though.

I think Raimi was going for that "Every hero exists in this universe, but like a traditional spider-man story we never see them" feeling.

I wish Bryce Dallas Howard was still Gwen

She would have made a better Felicia.
Bryce had some weird weight fluctuations, but when she buckles down and works on it, her body is great. Back during the Raimi movies she was in her prime for it too.