Spends one hour and half looking for Ares

>Spends one hour and half looking for Ares
>Kills a german general thinking it is him.
>"huh, i guess not everything in the world happens because of one man"
>"oh noes Ares was real after all!11!"
How is this better than MOS
?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yP6LkvXN5LY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladiator_(novel)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ares then explains that he never told humanity to go to war, just gave them ideas for weapons and battle plans. So the original point stands

Yes, that was the point. Diana was naive for thinking that Ares was the cause of all wars when in reality all he could do was indirectly exacerbate existing conditions.

for real i dont know because she didn't kill her enemy man of steel is underrated

youtube.com/watch?v=yP6LkvXN5LY

>How is this better than MOS

Because it just had kind of a crappy ending rather than a crappy entire rest of the movie.

MoS > BvS > Wonder Woman >>>>> Suicide Squad

The only truly good one was MoS. In your heart you know it's true.

I thought it would be shit. As a WWfag I wanted it to be shit so I wouldn't have to deal with having to prove I was a WWfag.
Movie wasn't bad OP. You're just looking for a way to b8. It was a good action movie.
I still hated it. I hate it more for not being shit because I can't stand Gal Gadot. Fuck that bitch. Fuck my life.

Diana thought that killing Ares would stop all wars, that humans were peaceful by nature and ares was Satan.

The truth is that humans caused wars by themselves and that's why Ares hated them, the only way to reach the peace she wanted was to destroy mankind that's why Ares tried to convince her to help him.

>How is this better than MOS

1. no jesus poses
2. no jesus imagery
3. the aunt didn't die because she didn't want Diana to expose her powers to the Germans
4. Diana doesn't spend that 1.5 hour looking constipated
5. When Diana fights and/or causes collateral destruction, there are no innocent civilians or noncombatants injured, killed, etc.
6. Diana doesn't stop and make out with Trevor in the middle of the fight; she doesn't hear everything, so it's not like the sounds of people in pain or agony or in death throes would have necessarily prevented her from kissing Steve, but she didn't stop in the middle of the battle to do so while there were people that needed rescuing.

I could go on?

I like how the war ends the moment Ares is killed, we even get a campy colorful shot of soldiers realizing they don't have to keep fighting.

This.

WW is the first, and so far, only legitimately good DCEU movie.

Because it copied Captain America

It even had a guy named Steve on a plane. Pottery!

>Non-DC comic book reader detected.
Go back to Sup Forums

Didnt they turned Zeus into christian god and amazons into the "chosen people" tho?

>There is a war
>The MC has a shield
>???
And no, Steve's death doesn't count because Cap didn't need to crash the fucking plane.

>Implying Marvel doesn't copy.
>Captain America is a ripoff of a superhero known as "The Shield".

That's a pretty good point, actually.

I read DC more than I read Marvel.

An atrocious third act coupled with a solid first and second act will always be better than a budding first act coupled with an atrocious second and third act

>love is more powerful than any weapon
proceeds to kill brother thirty seconds later

wtf

No, but even if they have, some of the Christian traditions derive from the worship of the Olympians and others of what christians consider pagan and/or not the true religion.

Zeus has always been the head of the Olympians. All they really did was, with a back hand aside, is kill almost the entire Pantheon (probably to uncomplicated the DCEU in general, I would presume because otherwise you have real gods and goddess floating around with powers who could prevent or create all sorts of problems).

The Amazons were already separated out - they were no more chosen people than the greek populace as a whole.

I don't even fucking get what Ares was trying to do

>let me try to broker a peace deal as this british dude
>but also let me try to give Doctor Poison something so the German general can stop the deal from happening
why not just oppose the deal in the first place?

I can explain why people like it
>Murder Woman
The most emotion she had in the ENTIRE movie was when she saw the sword as a kid and was like "Gee I can't wait to go MURDER people when I grow up!". Important thing to note how the sword got more attention than the armor, tiara and shield.

the brother killed himself

He reflected his own blast back at him

>n-no the plane scene doesn't count
Pathetic

Then the moral should have been "Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured"
Not LOVE WINS, because love didn't win.

She even says goodbye brother and then zaps him

This was the worse part

The ending nearly ruined the movie, Ares shouldnt of even been there at all. After the german guy is killed, she realizes that not everything is black and white and then helps the dudes take care of the gas bomb

This. The last 25 mins is really shitty

>no murdering evil white patriarchy ending
Wouldn't be accepted desu

the war was already over at that point. Both sides were ready to sign the armistice. Ludendorff was the only autist who wanted to keep on fighting so that he could become a vampire and terrorize remote alaskan towns.

the only difference is that steve trevor knew he would die. He wasn't a super hero. His job was just to spy on the Germans. He wasn't Red White and Blue personified.

lol

This. If they were this adamant on using Ares, they could set him up for JL

>Steve Rogers: US Special Agent (and his band of misfits) go to Europe to deal with German superweapon, dies in plane to stop their evil plans
>Steve Trevor: US Special Agent (and his band of misfits) go to Europe to deal with German superweapon, dies in plane to stop their evil plans
>but because Trevor wasn't wearing red white and blue it's different!

wonder woman sucked man of steel was better

Just like in MoS and BvS, literally explaining the themes to the audience still doesn't manage to penetrate their thick mongoloid skulls.

>Haha screaming a meme will boost my esteem

But Ares, along with the entire allied command were pushing for a peace deal. A deal that, presumably, the Germans would take before one rogue general decides to kill millions on both sides to keep the war going.

What was Ares' point exactly? That as long as one nihilistic douchebag exists, all of humanity should be wiped out? A better set up would be that when Steve brings home the plans, instead of getting blown off by the British generals and having to go rogue himself, the generals get all hyped that they have the perfect excuse to keep the war going, drop the peace plan, and sanction Steve's covert actions as the opening shot of a new offensive once the gas is either destroyed or stolen.

Their last ditch effort to keep the war going blew up.

lol?

He wanted to force an unfair deal

>according to falcon
only faggots care what this pussy has to say, in all honesty

>1. no jesus poses
There was only 1 in Mos and it was a beautiful shot.
>2. no jesus imagery
There was only the church scene, less then 2 minutes of a 140 minute movie.
>3. the aunt didn't die because she didn't want Diana to expose her powers to the Germans
There is nothing wrong with Pa not wanting Clark to expose himself and cause harmful revelations to society.
>5. When Diana fights and/or causes collateral destruction, there are no innocent civilians or noncombatants injured, killed, etc.
Nor did Clark except the 711 which was accidental and the crashing of the scout ship which he had absolutely no choice in doing.
>6. Diana doesn't stop and make out with Trevor in the middle of the fight
Clark & Lois did not kiss in the midst of a fight, Clark had just saved her from the vacuum into the phantom zone which nearly tore them both apart atom by atom, they embraced & kissed in a need for comfort and stability after a traumatic event, not out of romance, they were literally shaking as they embraced.
They turned and gripped each other the 2nd they touched to the ground there was no point for them to have stopped and took in their surroundings.
>she doesn't hear everything, so it's not like the sounds of people in pain or agony or in death throes would have necessarily prevented her from kissing Steve
The film spelt out that Clark lives with his higher hearing phased out/turned off unless he is searched for a specific thing.

>US Special Agent (and his band of misfits) go to Europe to deal with German superweapon, dies in plane to stop their evil plans
You just described pretty much every movie from ww1 and 2 that inst a documentary, replace germany for URSS and you described every james bond/cold war movie

you realize that was a red herring, correct? She was the weapon.

Every time someone tries to shit on a DC movie they always end up sounding like an idiot.

Ares wanted to influence mankind to destroy itself with weapons of mass destruction not an eternal war.

Then she kills him and everyone stops fighting and the war ends

the war was already over, Ares was just influencing it to keep going for longer than it was supposed to do.

The whole point of the movie is that humans are doomed to wage war forever since it was their nature but Ares could influence them to got too far to the point of extinction.

The shitty terms in the treaty is part of what led to World War 2 in the first place.

The entire movie was hypocritical garbage.

>Men show up on her island
>She amazons greet them by shooting at them with arrows.
>Germans defend themselves.
>suddenly they are the bad guy for being invaders and defending themselves
>Brit shit tells them the germans are evil, leaves out the entire assassination of the arch duke and aggression of france declaring war part...
>WW is neive and stupid but is the perfect girl so beautiful so perfect never gets hurt.
>men are the bad guys
>yet she was the reason for a lot of deaths, the treaty was about to be signed and peace would have followed without her intervention.

You realize you are literally defending the Axis right?

It was world war 1, not world war 2, dipshit.

There was no axis, that was austro-hungry and the brits/french were the aggressors in that war.

The treaty they were about to sign was the white peace accord germany offered brittain right before america got involved.

>Men show up on her island
>She amazons greet them by shooting at them with arrows.
>Germans defend themselves.
>suddenly they are the bad guy for being invaders and defending themselves
Yeah how they dare to defend their nation against an uknown army full of weapons?I bet there is countries in the world that allow another army to enter in their country without explanation right?
>WW is neive and stupid but is the perfect girl so beautiful so perfect never gets hurt.
Maybe she didn't get hurt because she is a fucking demigod and one of the powerful heroes of DC universe?

>men are the bad guys
>yet she was the reason for a lot of deaths, the treaty was about to be signed and peace would have followed without her intervention.
A deal infleunced by Ares, a deal that caused the WW2, a deal that would be signed a little after the discovery of wepons of mass destruction

Ares wanted to turn the WW2 into some kind of "nuclear doosmday" scenario with those gas weapons

geez user, you can't understand shit unless someone spoonfed you

I didn't see chris pine get juiced up with super soldat serum.

No but WW was basically doing everything Cpt America could do. She just did it naturally.

While watching the movie I also thought "man this feels a lot like Captain America"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladiator_(novel)

>that one autist is back

You still doesn't believe that making Clark 33 wasn't another Jesus allegory?

He clearly explained he was pursuing the armistice only to break it. Which is kind of clever, because this would made nations to disbelieve each other and spoiling future attempts at negotiate peace, therefore, forcing an non-stop war.

You know there's a World War 2 right?

sheeit

But you're forgetting the part where she kills Ares and everyone stops being evil.

Finally someone with taste around here.

you forgot the part in the movie where the war was pretty much over. There was no reason for them to fight anymore. Wonder woman killing ludendorff finished the war and no Wunder weapons means that the germans won't keep fighting. They get to go home. Everyone gets to go home.

I liked BvS because of the dialog from the Dark Knight Returns.

And you forgot the part where the Germans were still loading up planes even when he died. If they were finished with the war once Ludendorff died then the whole scene with the plane is pointless because none of the Germans were going to use it.

How are so many people forgetting World War II was a thing?

False flag

If WWII did happen in this universe(which I'm assuming it did) then the when all the Germans stopped being evil right when Ares dies makes even less sense. If they were truly evil all by themself Ares dying shouldn't have stopped that and they would have attacked WW and her team. Or at least run away because they're scared she might attack them now.

Because it was announced very loudly and clear the general was killed by wondy, right? I mean, do those soldiers didn't saw the update on their facebook or something? Am I rite?

lets see. The plan was for them to bomb london to turn the tide of the war. They had their orders and were following them.
Steve destroyed their bomb and ended their plans. They didn't have to fight the war after that.

You're the one who said that him dying is why they stopped fight, and not Ares dying not me. If it wasn't announced at any point like you said then why did they all stop?

you do realize that people aren't inherently evil. This is WW1, which is THE war which killed millions of people for little gain. The war in which you had an extremely powerful moment where people from the different side of the front line came together, exchanged gifts during christmas and played football.

Ares' point was that people were inherently evil and all Diana had to do was join him and they could make the world a better place. Diana saw that people aren't just pure evil. They have good in them too. Steve's sacrifice showed that.

>Fuck my life.
indeed

>Implying Sup Forums is one person.
>Implying this have not been explained like a dozen times.

- Let's load this plane with this wunder weapon.
>Steve steals the plane.
- Ok... huh, boss, the plane exploded! What are we goona do now? Boss? Boss?! Anyone?!

Sure, but it's doesn't take up screen time or anything more then a single line of dialogue. It's utterly irrelevant to the quality of the film.
And I don't agree there is anything wrong with the Jesus parallels anyway.

Would you want to fight against the godlike person that just disintegrated another godlike person just a few moments ago?

>he doesn't open his console and type god

The soldiers stopped fighting because of that ridiculous god shit they just saw

I'd want to go home too

So what's the explanation for WWII and why WW wasn't a part of it?

Tone.
In all seriousness do DCEU threads just attract aspies? That's the only reason why I can justify so many people ignoring tone as a factor.

German autism
Humans need to fix their own shit.

B-b-but didn't you see all the inspirational shit Superman did in MoS and BvS? Technically, he saved the planet at least twice! There, now you can't complain about Superman being a brooding, socially inept asshole who moped around way too much.

Doomsday was because of Superman's incompetence. Leaving such a valuable corpses around like that is just plain stupid on Superman's part.

Looks like this pic was right after all.

I hated BvS but in all honesty, if I were Superman, I wouldn't expect anyone to make some kind of OP super strong zombie out of Zod's corpse either. I mean, would you really see something like that coming?

Although I could see comic book Superman keeping the corpse in the Fortress of Solitude to keep it away from us humans, so maybe you're right.

>why isn't superman peppy and cheery and a boyscout ALL the fucking time when the world wants to tear him down.

He destroyed a drone for trying to follow him. He's not the happy go-lucky hero that would just let humans take superpowered alien corpses and technology to do whatever they felt like.
Hell I don't think even boyscout Superman would let them do that.

>Although I could see comic book Superman keeping the corpse in the Fortress of Solitude to keep it away from us humans, so maybe you're right.

You know how people keep going "But he killed Zod in the comics"?
They always neglect to mention the page after that where he gives Zod a burial on the moon. Not out of fear because someone might misuse the body, but because he respects even his enemies enough to give them a decent burial. That scene also served as the denouement for the act of killing that he was forced into.

Whereas in the movies we just get He's Kinda Hot.

And Wonder Woman fought in WW1 and saw some of the worst that humanity had to offer. And she was still cheery and knew how to have fun sometimes.

It's been a minute since I watched BvS. Did he know that LexCorp had the Zod corpse?

>would you really see something like that coming?

I think some people would.

Why his parents did their best to keep him hidden? Because they know the army would come after him to lock him in some laboratory. Hence, isn't that hard to figure the same guys that would lock him, would also do all kind of weird shit with the corpse of the other kryptonian.

If I want to see a superhero whining that life is getting him down and wondering if he should just quit for half the movie, I have Spider-man.

the difference being that Superman takes longer to get his shit together with lois whereas in wonderwoman's case it happens conveniently in the second half of the movie.

Maybe you should just watch homecoming and ship spidey and his AI

As always, DCEUfags only ever bring up the comics to support their own bullshit arguments and conveniently ignore everything else.

I did.
Now I'm in the mood to see a good Superman movie. Too bad we haven't gotten a one.

I'm really hoping that if we get that Flashpoint movie (has it already been confirmed or not? Still feel like it's WAY too early for Flashpoint but if they do it, they might as well take advantage of it), then they do a soft-reboot of Superman, make him more bright and cheery, and give us a much better Luthor, and give us Jimmy Olsen. Seriously, MoS and BvS really did feel like they were missing something and that was Jimmy. It feels weird that Lois is literally Superman's only link to humanity