Do you support your local comic shop?

Do you support your local comic shop?

Yep.

not anymore, ours disappeared. owner was apparently embezzling money and the place went under. now our closest LCS is about 50 minutes away in the next city over.

I did when I lived in a city but now the closest one's an hour away.

There is no local comic shop to support.

My LCS is primarily a merch and art book store across from Sheridan college, I'm fairly sure floppies are a minor part of their sales.

I still go to buy things sometimes.

No because it's an overpriced, understocked piece of shit shop

Mine turned into a video game store, which then turned into a Magic the Gathering only store, and now I think they are one of the largest distributors of Magic Cards on the east coast. I just want my comic shop back.

That place smells like a moldy library and I always get weird looks when I go in. gg comics companies, you've successfully hidden your products from potential customers

Nope. It's so much more focused on records/dvds/vhs/magazines/toys than comics so it fucking sucks.

Never been there, floppies are cancer

This.

Blame marvel

>Paying for comics

really?

There aren't any nearby where I am.

fpbp. I hate going in there but atleast it feels good supporting the last few decent artists and writers left in the comicbook industry

I work at my LCS.

>Stealing comics
really?

This, while some stores still sell comics, they take a huge back seat to comics

>Magic the Gathering only store

What fucking genius thought that was a good business model?

Whoever it was, they're a fucking genius and were right on the money. Card games bring in stupidly huge amounts of cash. If your LCS isn't hosting card tourneys it's probably going under.

Star City Games was once a small comic/game store before they went all in with MTG. Now they're the main MTG shop in the country, host tournaments around the world, and effectively decide the secondary singles market.

>wanting to read comics in a pdf reader

Take the comics and THROW THEM TO THE GROOOUND! Because I'm not a part of Your System!

Don't have one. I have a funko pop and magic the gathering store that has a small rack of comics though. Only went in once to see what was going on and that was years ago.

Yes I do, i work right next to it so I go in every day to say hi. It's a pretty comfy place ran by an aged hippie

>move across town recently
>had a LCS like five minutes down the road
>new neighborhood is gentrify central, no comic shops to speak of
>hang out with co worker last week, she turns me on to a shop about ten minutes away
>now have TWO lcs I can hit up if I need an itch scratched

Old shop had the better selection (and was way better organized) so it's still worth the extra drive

They don't sell BDs so no

Mine closed down almost ten years ago.

Reminder that floppies are cancer, digital isnt't dirt cheap only to give them a chance, and Diamond will continue monopolizing the industry if you support your LCS. I'll still go to mine for discount back issues, though.

I don't have a local comic shop.

Nope, never even been in it

>hate absolutely everything about floppies
>want to support my LCS because I know the owners

>floppies are cancer
>go for back issues

Not anymore. Shop Midtown. Get comics in better shape, below cover price and I get the cover I want. How can an LCS even compete?

No fucks given.

wtf are floppies?

I've considered going full midtown for my pull-list a few times, especially with the previews pre-order discounts they have, but I never pull the trigger because I enjoy the wednesday ritual too much.

I learned that the owners were super gay, fucked in the store, and came on comics before. Also heavy drug users. I learned this because one of them tried to seduce a friend of mine who use to go there all the time

No, because I'm not going to walk into a store with a huge ass painting of a girl wearing a pikachu costume on the front door.

Lol that's the one. I remember it being Star City Comics. Down the road from Happy's Flea Market

Man if the owners were straight and doing that shit I wouldn't want to go there

Too fucking right I do. It's like a couple of hours away from me but it's one of the best shops in the country.

>owner
>embezzling money from his own business
It's not a corporation, unless he had partners this is impossible. I guess he could steal the wages of the employees which is fucked up but that's about it. What he did was choose to liquidate his shop.

...maybe in Burgerland, my dude.

It's funny though. My friend went there all the time, bought a lot of stuff, drank with them, they'd give him discounts. He even hung out with them outside of the store, been to one of their houses too. He didn't know they were gay. He knew he fucked up when the much older gay guy started talking to him about the Greeks and what they did with their young appreciates

I patronize like 3 or 4 in my area. There's quite a few in my city, plus a good one up by my parents. My regular is Newbury Comics, which is more of a chain but gives me 20% of all floppies.

Yes. I keep a pull list and get most of my trades there because they have great deals and are good people.

They also sell games and stuff, but I mostly go there for comics.

No, one of the guys there knocked up my sister.

>doesn't know cbr and cbz

story time?

For what purpose?

I can get everything I want and more cheaper on amazon, instocktrades or bookdepository.

use to go to 3rd planet cause of cutie (alva). thick legs, cute body, awesome ass.
think she stopped working there.
they tried hiring 2 other girls, but it wasn't the same.

the bedrock at westheimer and nasa rd one are nice, but no eye candy.

no commic bouk community is cancer.

My pull list is nearly $200 a month. Gone down recently with some of the books I'm reading ending, but I doubt it'll be long before I replace them.

No. They only sell the latest comics, no old stuff or tpbs. It became more of a card game and board game shop than a comic shop.

seriously?

Might be bait but floppies are single issues.

Yessir.
Prolly spend $100-200 a month.
I'd consider this a problem, but luckily I also have the problem of no romantic life to spend money on so BURN IT WHILE I GOT IT WOO.

>Floppies that have sat around for years and sold at a loss

I try to. I use to have a pull list but now I just have them hold onto the few things I care about then pick them up when I can.
But usually I'll drop 50 to 100 on back issues because that's pretty much the only thing that catches my eye.

I don't want to talk about it, the kid is cute tho. Looks exactly like Franklin Richards

Your sister got impregnated by a 10 year old?

Given how my main purchases are action figures, then yes. Yes I do.

forgot to mention i just buy old issues. sometimes if there's something new that interest me i'll buy it.
but no pull list.

No because I'm too nervous to go in.

i buy a graphic novel every few other month i guess, i think that counts right?

Not as much as I should. Like ~$20 every 1-2 months.

My place actually sells paperbacks at a discount, 2 for $14 usually it's fucking great. But it's hard to decide which to buy since I'm always anal about the art.

My sisters kid, the baby

Every time I get paid I go to the one around the corner by my job but try to go on days when one of the other employees are working since I don't like this one dude.

Yeah, I buy the few floppies I follow and I have good luck finding out of print collections there, all for MSRP and not marked up.

Also the $1 single bins usually have something good

.cbr and .cbz are just zip files that contain comic book metadata, and you still open them in a pdf reader.

I have a weekly pull here where I live.
When I go back home I support the shop down there too. That store has some pretty awesome deals, picked up the Flashpoint trade for $5 when I was there last.

Yes. Wednesday is a highlight for me.

nah. can read it all online for free so why bother?
my local CBS is similar to this but instead of dvds and records its moreso science and board game. I'd actually prefer if it had more figures desu, since I can get most comics online.although if they did have figures they'd probably be overpriced anyways.

Last two times I went, it had a guy at the register that kept making a sound as if he was sucking dick. So I'm not sure if I want to go back.

Yeah I do even though the hours are terrible and it's an hour walk away. It would be somehow easier going to one of the comic shops on the other side of the river.

Only for manga. American comics are a shady affair in my country.

just do it.

No, the owners were both douchebags and I was one of the first customers to start happily ordering online.

I order my comics online and whenever I go into my local comic store its mostly a Dungeons and Dragons meet up

I did my best but it still shut down a few months ago. Feel bad because he was forced to become a glorified funko pop vendor to satisfy the normies in my town. Though he didn't help himself, he never had new pulls ready on a Wednesday. Typically had them ready on Friday/Saturday

What comics does your country make?

Comics I'm not interested in apparently.

No. But then again, i only read Conan trades when i can get them on sale.

Also, since I'm not American, could you guys post more LCS pics? They look comfy as fuck.

I'm slowly starting to do it but I'm kinda reluctant because they don't sell orginal versions of the comics, only the fucking localized versions for Spain and I hate reading comics in spanish

My solution is downloading the comics in their original versions from Getcomics and then buying the floppies when they come out in Spain a few months after they come out in the rest of the world

Can you believe the latest Batman issue I've been able to buy is Batman #9?

>stealing comics

When there are no more comics to read because people like you put the companys out of business , blame yourself, asshole.

Yes, there are three in my area, and I try to support them all equally. The third one has a small location in the nearby mall, and their main location is in the next town, whenever im in that area for something i at least try to find a figure/comic I haven't seen before and give a little something their way.

I would, but I cant even afford a damn Coke

Mine looks like a closet with books strewn everywhere

I actually support two, which are five minutes away from my house and my workplace.

They don't know I go to the other one so I have to turn down additions to my pull list if I've already added it at the other store

Nah. Always felt like both were handled by assholes who treat you with either cold disinterest or distant condescending looks and tone.

So i order my stuff on the internet.

I'll be honest with you, I'm only here for cartoons

do you support the cartoons you like by buying merch?

We don't have comic shops here

I don't support the local comic shop because they're assholes and have a poor selection. I drive to a shop in another city

Comics are for losers. I only come here for cartoons.

Yeah but I only buy trades there

Since 2011, yes.

no because i live in the middle of bumblefuck nowhere and the closest one i refuse to go to after all the shit they pulled with friday night magic