The Shadow: Death of Margo Lane Storytime

Time for another storytime of The Shadow.

youtube.com/watch?v=PBnO9dw3n6A

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Shadow-The-Death-of-Margot-Lane/Issue-5?id=91808
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bumping for OP

Thank you.

Press F to pay respects

bumping for OP

I hate the fucking captcha

From this point on a few more pulp characters are going to start appearing so I'll explain who they are for those who don't know (because I assume most of you who know about The Shadow know him through the movie or radio)

Thank you, again.

This is Comissioner Weston. He's the character Bob Kane and Bill Finger ripped off when creating Commissioner Gordon.
Like Gordon, his job is to basically provide exposition and be a police contact. Only, instead of Gordon who is friends with Batman but doesn't get along with Bruce Wayne (most of the time), Weston is friends with Lamont Cranston, but he hates The Shadow and tries as hard as possible to deny his existence

These are Harry Vincent and Jericho Druke.

Harry Vincent is basically the Watson to The Shadow's Sherlock. He is often a protagonist in the pulps as the everyman through which we see The Shadow. He was also the first character introduced, as the initial scene of the first pulp shows The Shadow saving him from suicide and enlisting him.
And he gets kidnapped all the time, even more so than Margo Lane.

Jericho Druke was another agent, a tall and strong black man from Harlem, usually called whenever The Shadow needed some muscle.

Jericho was remarkably classy and dignified for a black character in a 30s pulp series. He was not moon-faced, nor portrayed as stupid, and did not use words like mastah and such. He was intelligent, community-conscious, competent and ran an employment agency.

This is Myra Reldon, the only other female agent besides Margo Lane.
She was an agent for the Department of Justice who was frequently called by The Shadow. She had spent many years in China and often disguised herself as a Chinese woman named Ming Dwan.

It's worth noting that, contrary to what the covers seemed to imply, Walter Gibson usually did not like to involve women in The Shadow stories, neither as agents nor victims, so Myra was quite the exception.

bumping for OP

And this is just a glorious panel

Dr.Roy Tam here seems to be taking the place of Slade Farrow, a criminologist who was a close friend to The Shadow to the point he unmasked himself as Kent Allard in front of him

bump

I assume most of you already have an idea of who Shiwan Khan is

Okay everyone, I have some really pressing matters to attend and I won't be back for another 4 hours.
If anyone here could just please just dump the remaining 25 pages I'd be extremely grateful.
I'm going to try and storytime Grendel vs The Shadow next so please try to keep the thread alive

Here's the link I was getting them from
readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Shadow-The-Death-of-Margot-Lane/Issue-5?id=91808

I hope you enjoy the finale.

>Only, instead of Gordon who is friends with Batman but doesn't get along with Bruce Wayne (most of the time)

It seems more like he's puzzled why Bruce would spend his time being a layabout playboy, but admires what Bruce can do when he seemingly puts his mind to it.

However Batman comics from Year One onwards leaves it open about whether or not he knows Bruce is Batman (it's more obvious that Miller intended that Gordon learns it in Year One if you look at DKR's dialogue) but pretends not to for plausible deniability, depending on the writer.