What does Sup Forums think of Saint Seiya/Knights of the Zodiac/Caballeros del Zodiaco remake for Netflix?

What does Sup Forums think of Saint Seiya/Knights of the Zodiac/Caballeros del Zodiaco remake for Netflix?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-7AdJKKD0W0
youtube.com/watch?v=H31th6aC-eo
youtube.com/watch?v=n7GWcH9Lohg
youtube.com/watch?v=KF90WiYlHR8
youtube.com/watch?v=GpxrsEAIMT4
youtube.com/watch?v=009GRHKykUk
youtube.com/watch?v=_6dbcQaOddk
youtube.com/watch?v=A5pEtNGtX88
youtube.com/watch?v=hLb6pG8br88
youtube.com/watch?v=dA2-vw215a0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want it to be good so much, but it's fucking Toei!

Is not Saint Seiya a manga franchise? There is nothing Sup Forums here. It is like Sup Forums talking about those Marvel anime.

isn't voltron a japanese franchise? i see a lot of voltron here...

Voltron is like Power Rangers.

I really liked it back in the day, now I find it kind of supergay.
I' m the only one who realized that the andromeda guy was pretty much crossdressing?

I think it's got mad potential to triumph in the west if handled correctly. Even as a whitewashed hollywood movie franchise. The lore is amazing. Hell, most of the world already loves Saint Seiya despite of decades of poorly made continuations and adaptations, only because the original show was so good.
I also believe there is no chance of it being handled correctly. That it will try to skim around it's violence and miss the point on what made it great. And it fucking breaks my heart.

SAINT SAIIIIIYAAAAA!

Always heard of it but never seen or read it

But I'm willing to give it a shot

I'm okay with the crossdressing

I just wish a connection between Andromeda and Perseus had been established

What happens in the House of Libra stays in the House of Libra.

Not all adaptations are bad. I personally love The Lost Canvas, and outside the Sanctuary Arc it's my favorite Saint Seiya ever.

>Talking shit about one of the manliest knights in the show

Shun is the walking embodiment of "Beware the Shy Ones". His brother, Ikki, is the strongest because of his OP Armor. Shun's armor is a safety switch. Push him too far and get your shit pushed in.

I don't like LC, but I was actually refering to the Legend of Sactuary movie, which is utter dogshit no matter how you look at it.

Andromeda may be super feminine but he'll fuck you up if you press him. He's a guy who loses most of his fights because he doesn't wanna hurt people; but when angered he might be the strongest one of the protagonists.

Also, Chameleon Misty and Pisces Aphrodite were the real gay ones

You never see them engage in gay stuff, really. They're just super pretty because the notion of an attractive man in Japan is that: Someone who is not in any way gruff, is soft and lean and beautiful.
I mean, they could be gay. Or they could be getting mad jap pussy.

I hope this show becomes a success like Voltron. I cannot wait to see people making headcanons about how Shun is trans and redesigning the characters in their fanarts.

but that would cause tumblr to flip out if Ikki says something like "Shun, pelea como un hombre"

>I cannot wait to see people making headcanons about how Shun is trans and redesigning the characters in their fanarts.
...but you can see that right now.

Pisces (at least Albafica and Aphrodite) look more girly than either of them

When will they do one for Sailor Moon?

The Japs already did their own remake.
It was awful.

Funny thing is I started watching the original series a few days ago. I really like it, hoping to finish it before the remake.

Hopefully soon. We need something better to make everyone forget about the remake.

It was awful because it was based on the manga more closely and what do you know? Sailor Moon's manga is shit.

Writing staff for some reason is all western this time, although the director is Japanese.

Story Editor & Head Writer: Eugene Son(Avengers: Secret Wars)
Screenplay:
Benjamin Townsend (Thunderbirds are Go)
Shannon Eric Denton (Avengers: Secret Wars)
Thomas F. Zahler (Ultimate Spider-Man)
Joelle Sellner (Ben 10:Omniverse)
Travis Donnelly (Bull)
Thomas Pugsley (Ben 10)
Saundra Hall (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Shaene Siders (Avengers: Secret Wars)
Patrick Rieger (Justice League Action)

Although the director is Japanese (Yoshiharu Ashino).

I'm uncertain about the western staff, but as long as they don't pull punches or shy away with the themes and raw violence, I'm good. The director did Thundercats and that's shit, yes; but he also gave us First Squad.

I'm ambivlent.

Apparently, it's just gonna be the galactic tournament and the silver saints saga?

Sorry, but Seiji Yokoyama is dead. Without him SS is shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=-7AdJKKD0W0

Not even the Sanctuary arc?

>no latin dub
No thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=H31th6aC-eo

I imagine that would be season 2

>en el hermoso pais del cometa
ebin

youtube.com/watch?v=n7GWcH9Lohg

Leave gold saint wank aside five minutes, Jesus Christ.
Also, if it stays a bit truer to the manga, Shaka annihilates all the black saints in Death Queen Island and makes Ikki his bitch.

>tfw Zordon tried to destroy Earth

KINO

youtube.com/watch?v=KF90WiYlHR8

Heh
They're going to use the name the spanish version used for the series? That's cute.

I read it in the original Japanese on release. I honestly didn't know Shun was a guy until several years in. I thought shun was a girl who used some guy affects in a girl power sort of fashion. I mean his armor is pink and literally has a B cup breastplate, and his gold cloth is fucking Virgo.

I was wondering whether this should count as Sup Forums or not.

It was the name it was released in France, Italy, and pretty much anywhere it matters as well.

Too many writers for a 12 episodes show and they all happen to be hacks

i'm interested how is netflix and the director deal with with interacting each others since writers will be both americans and japanese.

also the overture was good but japs kinda fucked up and make it flop.

>overture was good
>mfw

Only three enemies. One dies off-screen and you never see Shiryu and Hyouga fight him.
I bet that fight was FUCKING AWESOME.

So this isn't just going to be a remake of the original manga/anime and instead something like Voltron?

I'm hoping more like Castlevania.

reminder than omega and soul of gold was made by japanese writers so this might be a fresh air on the franchise.

Tenkai Overture is my favorite Saint Seiya work, including the original series. I love what it does for Seiya and Saori as a couple and I think it explores what it means to be a saint more than any other SS work. I can see why it's not everyone's cup of tea but I fucking adore it.

> We're going to get a whole new generation of Hyoga/Shun shippers

I'm ok with this.

>Writing staff for some reason is all western this time
So Athena's new enemy will be the patriarchy?

>a golden knight will be a nigger, probably Tauros
>Shun will become a crossdresser and referred as a "she"
>Saori will fight battles and there'll be no romance between her and Seiya
>Pisces will be made into an actual faggot, instead of just looking like one
>also there will be a moral against religions and how the world doesn't need gods anymore

And on top of all that, we get even more retards shitting on a beloved series with awful fanart, "headcanons" and all that bullshit.
Can't fucking wait.

In the latin dub, the Pope was called "The Patriarch"

I still can't believe that the latin VAs ship it too.

>shipping Seiya with Athena
>shipping Athena with anyone
It's a virgin goddess, heathen.

Seiya's love interest is and always will be Miho.

I'm down to check it out since they did so well with Voltron and Castlevania.

>>a golden knight will be a nigger, probably Taurus
Taurus was always Brazilian, motherfucker.

>Saori will fight battles
Saori beat Poseidon and Hades, the enemies the saints themselves can't beat are for her.

didn't soul of gold already confirm someone as gay/bi or did I imagine that?

>Beats the gods
>Gets kidnapped by mooks

you can't explain that!

Dude, a bunch of the saints are greeks, I'm sure swinging both ways is part of how they're raised.

I can.
She is never kidnapped in Poseidon in the manga and only Hades himself traps her in the final arch.
She WAS kidnapped by crows once, but whatever, she was still green.

Also fuck you; god Goku was beaten by a lazr pistol.

Deathmask had a love interest but surely also power bottoms Aphrodite on the side. Because he is a true bro.

Shaka is the whitest pajeet ever.

The real question is if this version will keep the bowling for soup opening.

youtube.com/watch?v=GpxrsEAIMT4

If they have any brains they'll set the entire thing in the 90s as the original and the song'll playing on a boombox in the background for a few seconds.

I love Saintia Sho.

I want to marry Sho!

Remember this kino? youtube.com/watch?v=009GRHKykUk

Posting rule 63 Sho.

not linking the superior latin dub of Pegasus Fantasy
youtube.com/watch?v=_6dbcQaOddk

>Yoshiharu Ashino

Guy has worked on Madoka, Berserk: The Golden Age, some DBZ movies and Cross Ange.

Also, character design is by the guy that did the character design for the anime version of Diamond is Unbreakable.

Though the armor design is gonna be by the guy that did Afro Samurai

Technically Voltron got a western animation adaptation on Netflix recently

Man I don't know what to think now, this is a huuuuuuuuuuge mixed bag as far as the quality of everyone's previous works goes.

Can anyone explain to me why Saint Seiya was so fucking mega huge in PR and Mexico and Br Br? Anywhere you speak portugese or spanish this shit was basically the DBZ. Is it because they so closely resemble luchadors?

That's my point!

If I recall correctly, Saint Seiya was introduced to Latin America before DBZ, so it was a trailblazing shonen series...

Also, the fights were more balanced... sure, Seiya is always gonna be the one fighting the biggest bad of the arc, but everyone got decent screen time, including the bad guys.

Because it was edgy youtube.com/watch?v=A5pEtNGtX88

>thinking brazilian=black
You're so ignorant.
And yeah, like user said Shaka is supposed to be indian. It's not about the nationality idiot, it's about skin color.

I mean ACTUAL BATTLES you tool, like the saints do, not literal deus ex shit.

>didn't soul of gold
Who gives a shit.

You sound salty as fuck user, something on your mind?

The original show was violent with bad guys dying left and right, and sometimes getting maimed
Its not gonna be the same...

Aldebaran has always had the darkest skin of all gold saints.

Same reason Voltron got big in the US, one of the first anime to get translated for local audiences, had a decent translation, and the little kids eat that shit up.

Of course I'm salty you retard, they're gonna take a shit AGAIN on a beloved animated series because those fucks can't come up with a single decent idea of their own, so they have to taint already existing good ones with their bullshit agenda.

And in that fucked-up mind of yours that would make it acceptable to make him a nigger?

you know brazilians can be black, right?

What other beloved series have they "tainted with their agenda", and how?

Honestly they'd be better off making a solid dub for the original series, at least for the first 70 episodes or so. It's a classic until it gets into filler.

Or the rest of Lost Canvas

You're not even following the discussion, why the fuck are you posting.

Pic related faggotron. It's really a new low when they tried to appropriate someone else's creation for their retarded DONALD GLOMPF?!??! twitter shitposts.

There isn't a explanation, it just happened.

In Brazil, we had anime before, but with CDZ it was different, it was MASSIVELY POPULAR to a point, where we still publish CDZ related material today.

if you understand, watch these minidocs about CDZ in Brazil.

youtube.com/watch?v=hLb6pG8br88
youtube.com/watch?v=dA2-vw215a0

Cute how it took you two tries for that post. I'm also not seeing what that has to do with Trump, unless acceptance is anti-Trump now or something. I'm also not seeing how a twitter post translates to that agenda actually being pushed in the show. You have watched it, right?

>Cute how it took you two tries for that post
>M-maybe if I point out he forgot to post the pic the first time he won't notice my lack of arguments and that I'm nervousely refreshing the thread every minute in a state of t-total panic...

Newsflash you mongoloid, what I mentioned was the context that created that pic, now do humanity a favor and go neck yourself.

>M-maybe if I ignore the rest of the post he won't notice my lack of arguments and that I'm nervousely refreshing the thread every minute in a state of t-total panic...

I'm not the one who's mad about cartoons here

>the rest of the post
An observation only an idiot who hasn't actually watched the show could make.

>I'm not the one who's mad about cartoons here

No, you're the one who gets mad about actual faggots.
I renew my request.

Most Brazilians have black ancestry.

>No, you're the one who gets mad about actual faggots.

What are you even talking about at this point

>Buenos Aires

FAKE MAP

Ah, and we also Got DB (Not even Z yet) in 96 and it was a success, and still is. I watched Return of Freeza and the God of Destruction movies at the cinema, and that is rare as fuck for Brazil (The CG CDZ too)