I've never seen advertising for a movie straight up die so quickly

I've never seen advertising for a movie straight up die so quickly

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/07/30/movies/the-emoji-movie-starts-strong-as-dunkirk-stays-at-no-1.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Apparently you never saw Dredd.

What are you talking about? That barely had advertising to begin with. It was one of the biggest reasons nobody noticed it

You just answered you own query.

Somebody told me TJ Miller was threatening to kill himself on Twitter.

I hope he takes James Corden with him if he does.

But the situations aren't comparable at all, emoji movie had a ton of advertising before it came out

I don't think you understand. The Emoji movie had a fuckton of advertising. More than the standard amount for an animated movie. Dredd had little to none. That's why I said "die".

considering this didn't even make it's low budget of $50M back, how long til Sony gives up on movies?

I think if Jumanji bombs, they're going to be in serious trouble this time

Dredd went from having 0 ads to having 0 ads.

Emoji shit went from 100% ads. to 0 ads.

Nice reading comprehension there.

Once Venom bombs they'll probably have to sell all the Spider related stuff back to Disney just to stay afloat.

Goddammit, I keep erasing that the Venom movie is happening from my mind so I don't have to think about it

nobody even knew its coming out

C'mon, let's see that huge-ass second weekend drop! Will it beat the (far superior) Aqua Teen movie for worst second weekend for an animated film?

I just can't see Jumanji being a success. It looks too campy to be the kind of thing that becomes a major box office contender, and it dropped all of the kind of scary (by kids movie standards) suspense that made me scared by it as a little kid.

It also seems to be baiting this really weird "half nerd" image the same way Spiderman Homecoming was. It's not even Big Bang Theory "nerds"; I don't know what it is.

Holy shit.

Aqua Teen the movie had a budget?

You know that question gets asked a lot whenever that gets brought up.

>I just can't see Jumanji being a success
>Dwayne Johnson and Jack Black in it

The Rock was in Race to Witch Mountain and I'm pretty sure that wasn't successful. He was the headliner for fucking Moana and that was only an average haul.

What has Jack Black even been up to the past few years? He was huge in the late '00s but I haven't seen much from him as of late.

>What has Jack Black even been up to the past few years
I don't know, being Jack Black? Heard that's a full time job.

It has a teenage valley girl in the body of Jack Black and Pulp adventure on jungle, it looks fun.

But it doesnt have the same feel of the first movie, where things actualy looked treatening.

Jumanji would have gotten more attention if they had just done a straight remake, same premise and everything

People would have still called it a lazy remake yes, but what they're doing now isn't gonna work

Yes. Of $750K.

>What has Jack Black even been up to the past few years?
snorting coke? becoming his character from Tropic Thunder?

it doesn't have anyone as genuinely talented as Robin Williams or Jonathan Hyde

The last thing I recall Jack Black being in was playing R.L. Stine in that Goosebumps movie a few years ago

>at the grocery store
>about to buy some delicious graham crackers
>notice an emoji movie tie in ad
>buy a different brand

I usually don't care but this time I did. Their ads are directly effecting other merchandise at this point.

>tfw visit Chicago for a week not for Lollapalooza and see adds for this shitty movie are still up
>Each add is different showing a different emoji each time

Same thing happened to me yesterday.
>Stopped at Walmart to to buy some Cinnamon Toast Crunch
>Sees emoji movie ad on boxes
>Walks out out of Walmart with Kellogs Smorz

Well the ads aren't going to disappear overnight especially ones for products and billboards. I live in NY and I still see Emoji Movie buses, but I mean online presence and commercials pretty much completely dried up over the past week

I agree, I'm just stating that the fact that Nabisco chose to do a tie in ad with them made me choose a different company's product solely by association with the Emoji Movie.

Wait what?? There was a Dredd movie?

what the fuck did they spend it on? Not the movie, I can say that much.

It was a very good one, too.

:(

>OP asks for advertising that died fast
>Posts advertising that was never alive to begin with
You're one special kind of retard.

That's because even Sony knows this movie is going to have a second-week drop that will kill the theatrical run and no amount of advertising is going to change that. Why keep running ads for something when that only increases the costs for a film that will never make the money back?

Yes?

You underestimate the appeal of short funny black comedian man

Also, the usual gimmick with second-week advertisements is the whole "LISTEN TO THESE REVIEWS" shtick, and "Emoji Movie" was ravaged so hard in the reviews that even the usual cherrypicking of quotes was not possible. I mean, when one of the most well-known review lines of a film calls it "The Poochie of Movies", even Sony knows not to even try.

Presumably getting Bruce Campbell and various SNL cast members to cameo and setting up those lite-brites.

>geocities

They moved it forward and had an unorthodox campaign. Now that the movie's doing OK (for a cheap animated movie) they don't need it.

>Rival studios have spent the summer mocking Sony for backing “The Emoji Movie” with a full-throated marketing campaign, including a stunt at the Cannes Film Festival involving a parasailing actor, confetti and people in emoji costumes. Surely, sniffed the film elite, Sony was delusional if it thought it could make something out of such dreck.

>But never underestimate two things — the taste of the American public, to paraphrase H. L. Mencken, and the nag factor. Sony plastered a handful of cities with “Emoji Movie” posters and billboards starting in May, much earlier than is typical, to position the film as a summer event and get children to start pestering their parents to go see it. Sony also spent months dispatching actors in emoji costumes.

nytimes.com/2017/07/30/movies/the-emoji-movie-starts-strong-as-dunkirk-stays-at-no-1.html

Looks like it worked.

>this is all according to keikaku
really faggot?

>Eff Macks (SoulBrothaNumbah3) defends this movie
Jesus Christ, why?

Well aside from the news that is more about the self pleasure during the emoji movie.