Uuuuummm im like not into glorifying monuments built by slaves sweaty :))))

>uuuuummm im like not into glorifying monuments built by slaves sweaty :))))
>black kid on the team goes without making a scene

Was she intended to come off as an obnoxious cunt?

Only if you're slightly bigoted and massively insecure.

For everyone else, she's an aloof, edgy high schooler with a sardonic sense of humour who was dicking her teacher around so he would leave her to read her book in peace.

Yes. It's like you've never went to highschool or watched a late 80s highschool movie

>she's an aloof, edgy high schooler with a sardonic sense of humour
Yes, an obnoxious cunt.

/thread

so she's supposed to be an obnoxious cunt. you could have just said yes instead of being obtuse about it.

>Yes, an obnoxious cunt.
she's an aloof, edgy high schooler with a sardonic sense of humour.

All of those are obnoxious traits.

I think we're going in circles here, user

Why did this character even exist? She added nothing to the story.

Why did they feel the need to include some tumblr-esque Mary Sue. "Haha, this autistic genderqueer PoC female is so funny, witty and unique. Look she's pointing out the oppressive patriacry to her white cis male teacher! Isn't she special?"

Not gonna lie, the teacher looking to the groundskeeper looking to back him up and him just shaking his head got a laugh out of me.

Do you have any idea what you just posted? Because I sure as hell don't.

He didn't shake his head, he kind of gave an "eh" motion with his hand

Because this kind of character appears in John Hughes films.
Also she's not a Mary sue, everyone thinks she's fucking weird and she has no friends.

This kind of character has existed for decades, its just now you associate tumblr with her as opposed to any other stereotype

Because anyone with half a brain knows that they're going to reintroduce her in the sequel looking all hot and made over and having moved past her edgy highschooler phase.

She's literally me.

mixed chicks always make the biggest fuss over racism and being black. It's fascinating.

I wish they weren't my fetish.

>Why did this character even exist?

So Peter can eventually marry her.

That's why she doesn't have any friends.

Yeah, I met a few of those, they're also known as obnoxious cunt.

>haha you dont enjoy shitty misinformation that attributes white accomplishments to black slaves you're such a bigot

Get out or kill yourself choose two

Ironically, it's the bile you're choking on at the implication that slavery happened that prevents you from understanding that the entire scene was played tongue in cheek.

Not really fucko, had the scene been tongue in cheek it wouldn't have included the teachers flusterred reaction and the groundskeepers affirmation of her claim. Not to mention that the audience for these movies are such gullible mongoloids that they're willing to believe anything spouted by popular mediums.
I will give you this her characters an obnoxious yet accurate representation of modern leftist teenagers/young adults.

>sweaty

The groundskeeper gave an "eh" hand gesture signalling that it was iffy and that there was no definite answer.

You just swooped in with your own agenda and preconceived notions much like the gullible mogolod crowd you claim to loathe, unwilling (or unable) to notice the hints that this wasn't to be taken seriously.

Oh, I've met them too, but I've known them as an aloof, edgy high schooler with a sardonic sense of humour.

>Washington's monument
>Built by slaves
The fuck?
Thank god I didn't watch this SJW infested shit

>I have no context or understanding of what was actually said but I will use it to form assertions based entirely in ignorance and emotion, unlike those stupid SJWs!

That would be ok if the black guard didn't confirm what she said

>sequel
Heh.

Many words, have a (you) for the effort

>giving an uncertain shake of the hand is now confirmation

I knew most Sup Forums posters were socially retarded but I at least figured you had the ability to accurately interpret basic hand gestures.

But... chances are that it was?

That's just the reality of the time and the place of its construction. Is this really a surprise?

He confirmed that it was more or less accurate.
Which it is.

It was probably partially constructed by slaves.

Chances of being are 1 in a 5 billion.
At that time masons were racist as fuck and they'd never allow a black near their work, so no, chances are the monument wasn't built by slaves.

>figuring Sup Forumsmrades have any mental/social ability at all
This is where you fucked up, bitch.

Well, the mother rock might have been digged up by slaves...

The joke served no purpose other than to break the narrative flow of the movie and provide us, the audience, with a dubius claim for the sake of "humor". Humor sadly is an efficient way of pushing forward agendas, afterall even if the claim is incorrect you can always dismiss is it as a joke and nothing more effectively resigning from any responsibility pertaining to the credibility of said claim. Ultimately it was just another example of SJW ideals impregnating the modern media market but if that the culultural direction you want be my guest but I have every right to complain.

I think you're just very stupid and very angry to the point of self-delusion, user.

>And by built by slaves I meant that a slave might have been tangentially involved in the construction and not directly involved
Fuck you

There were slaves at that time? yes, then everything was built by slaves.

Please calm down. It was a joke. you didn't find it funny, okay. That's all there is to it. Just calm down and remember that a line said in some movie isn't an obstacle in your life.

I know white conservatives get furious and belligerent whenever anyone tries to imply that slavery happened, but I think you're overreacting

Given the scope of early modern archetectural operations and the amount of people travelling to the US as indentured servants, it is safe to assume that people were involved in some capacity who would be considered slaves by modern standards, if not in name.
You wanna tell me there wasn't a slave in any quarry, or in transport, or pulling any ropes, running in a crane...?
Nobody claims they got to carve the stones.

>implying im a white conservative
Nice baseless accusations its like im really watching the movie again
Yes insult anyone who doesnt conform to your worldview im sure that will get you far in life

I don't care if you conform to my worldview: you're not some brave and daring iconoclast who's standing against an oppressive tide of faceless goons. You'e just someone with an opinion about something who is so deeply attached to the legitimacy of that opinion that they've failed to realise that it has very little to do with the discussion.

That's not what built by slave mean. And she was clearly meaning black slaves.

What else could she possibly mean but the use of slave labor for unqualified work?
They certainly don't get to do design, financing or masonry.
You, Sir, just moved the goal posts out of the stadium.

>Right Wing whites getting triggered over slavery being mentioned

It makes me kek at how much times have changed. In ten years they'll be fighting for black civil rights harder than blacks ever did.

This guy gets it, teen movies always have that one character that's an oddball mystery with vague "hey we're just everyone else's shared hallucinations" theories attached

>The fuck?

The lower third of the monument was built in in a slaveholding area before the end of slavery, there's no way there was no slave labor involved. the stonemasons who assembled it may not have been (by that point there was enough free skilled labor in the country for that to be the case, though it had been different a few decades earlier for the Capitol & White House), but the quarry workers who mined the stone and the teamsters who transported it were undoubtedly slaves.

The upper 2/3rds of the monument were built after the Civil War, so it was built with free labor.

>At that time masons were racist as fuck

Race relations in the Antebellum South were rather different than those we'd understand today. There wasn't so much animosity towards blacks or a concept that they were evolutionarily inferior (as the concept of evolution was only just being promulgated) as a belief that they were simply intended by God to serve the white man, and that by their labor they were improved and perhaps someday civilized. Black slaves were like oxen or mules - something one employed to do labor, and labor they did. Nearly all unskilled labor, and much skilled labor, was performed by slaves in states where slavery endured, while the influx of European immigration went to the North & West.

What you'd know? Not every female characters in a movie are there to please you. Shocking, I know.

Well, there is no other way to write minorities...
>A-a-as long a-a-a-as the-they can ac-act the ch-character.
Top kek.

The joke kinda furthered that she's a bitch, but also gave an excuse to why she was on the ground.

She also did that thing in detention where she made fun of people. Are we supposed to think it's ok to go to detention to make fun of your teachers because she did it too?

Because those Marvel movies are less and less able to stand on their own and are part of a cinematic universe.
It's like a tv show. They set one character in episode 1 for him to become more in episode 3.

user I gotta say, this is some pretty detailed analysis compared to most Sup Forums threads, good on ya. any source on that 1/3 bit? american education regarding slavery is understandably biased as fuck so that's probably why all these guys are bitching about >muh facts

lol shut the fuck up

I'd still bust a nut to tomboy, Tumblr, BLM Zendaya, I don't give a fuck

t.libtard

Are you having a stroke?

>acts liked a bigoted cunt
>if you don't like her you're a bigot
What?

>had the scene been tongue in cheek it wouldn't have included the teachers flusterred reaction and the groundskeepers affirmation of her claim.
You take yourself very seriously but don't even realise that the punchline is the teacher and the groundkeeper's reactions.
It's not what she said that is funny, it's how they react to it.
And guess what? it's one of the few joke where the whole room laughed in my theater.

>acts bigoted
what?

>Was she intended to come off as an obnoxious cunt?
Yes.

How stupid are Homecoming whiners that they constantly talk about this? Watts was literally making fun of SJWs with her.

Guys are bitching muh facts because they don't like when things don't go their way. Nobody does. But most people aren't racists.

(You)

The Washington Monument was no more built by slaves than the Pyramids of Giza.

Sup Forums is ruining Sup Forums

i hate to say it but we've become the new Sup Forums and to an extent Sup Forums, just look around us, shitposting gone wild, the sincerity this board used to have 6 years ago no longer exists. we joke about summer but it's been summer for years now. we used to be civil and have actual discussion, we had pride in being a board with legitimate discussion, creators weren't afraid to visit us and host a Q&A on our board. everything has changed. i wish we were more heavily moderated so we could go back to what we used to have, but it'll never happen.

>we joke about summer but it's been summer for years now

But nothing he said was incorrect.

Well statistically black men were twice as likely to vote for trump than black women.

It bums me out how true this is.

It is true. And the sad part is, these faggots will never leave.

You fool; it's still September, 1993, and it always will be.

>paying (((them))) for a multicultural downgrade of Spidey

In other news: Gwen is with us at Sup Forums now, You cant have her back.

>Gwenpool
Why?

>Gwen/pol/

It's Sup Forumsfaggotry. You're wasting your time asking why.

>with us at Sup Forums now
is anyone else seeing this? i'm not crazy am i? why does everything have to turn into some political discussion or reverse-agenda push? it's so tiring, it's actually depressing. and this is in EVERY thread, it doesn't matter where you go now on the board, or what franchise you like, you run into these guys by the tens.