Ultimate Spider-Man Pt. 17

Sorry for starting late. Time got away from me. Picking up with #150. Prior threads are here.

woot, hello based spider user!

Alright guys, I need your help. Last year around this time, one of my girl friends had perpetually strung me along for months alluding to a future relationship and then sprung on me that she's now dating someone else, which was emotionally devastating to say the least. As a result, I told her to never contact me again unless she wants to consider a romantic relationship. I also had to seek counseling because afterward I spiraled into a depression but she doesn't know this. She tries over the next couple weeks to get me to talk to her and I flat out refuse until she finally stops.

One year later, she sends me a message tonight that goes as follows.
>Hey so it's been a while.
>I'm watching the new rick and Morty
>Drunk and on drugs
>Miss you

I don't really know how to respond to this. I'm too emotionally charged to really think straight. Part of me wants nothing to do with her but the stupid part of me wants to see what she wants.

>I don't really know how to respond to this.
Tell her Peter Parker is Spider-man

Okay, I know this is going to be hard, but here's what you do.

Delete the message.
Never talk to her again.

I'm that user from before who had his girlfriend run off with his best friend. That all happened because after dumping me, my ex got back in touch with me and wanted a relationship. So I did, but then she goes and does the same disloyals stuff from before, only this time it fucked me up even worse and I nearly an heroed.

People don't really change that much. She's the same person that strung you along and then fucked off for someone else.

you can do better user, don't even give her your time.

Good evening and thank you, OP.

>>Drunk and on drugs
NOPE

it was really hard seeing this series' art turn to shit like this

end of an era, I was almost glad they killed him off by the time it happened

Malicious code my ass.

I used to smoke with her regularly. I haven't for the past 3 weeks because I want a better job.

I want to so bad. I should have just deleted her number so I could have said, "Who is this?".

Hi op, I missed the last thread so I will try to catch on
also... This.

don't give her the time man. you've worked hard, and improved your life. you don't need some bitch whose gonna just use you like a chew toy and toss you for something else.

I know you guys are right, but I really want to know her motivation/intent for the message and why did she wait a whole goddamn year? I even unfriended her on Facebook. I told her I don't want contact unless you want something serious. I made it very clear I didn't want anything to do with her. Is she just trying to be a friend? Is she trying to get me to be her orbiter again? Is she single but doesn't want to come right out and say? I desperately want more info.

don't do it man. don't open that door. I know the curiosity is killer, but trust me, nothing is worth those answers.

this is like finding that puzzle cube from Hellblazers or whatever its called. Only pain, torture, and possibly death wait if you open that box.

>I used to smoke with her regularly. I haven't for the past 3 weeks because I want a better job.
Still not worth it. She wants attention and drama.

Spider-Bump

First off, fucking love that anology. Second, is there any way I could send a polite response that isn't desperate? I'm hoping that she grew as a person but I really think I'm just being hopeful.

I hate that you're probably right. I'm trying to find any justification I can to text her back but it's near impossible. My heart is taking stupid pills.

>can i send a response

that's opening the box mate! that's you trying to solve the puzzle! Don't do it. Take that box and throw it in a bucked of concrete. and when that concrete is dry, take it to the deepest river you can and throw it in the deepest part.

do. not. fuck. with. the. box.

I'm loving all these art style changes as we see each Ultimate's take on Spider-Man.
On the girl front, I've been drinking....

Op! Do this! Tell her "Peter Parker is Spiderman" and don't say anything else. Also do you remember the guy who posted that Spiderman thread asking for recommendations about Spidey comics(that was me)? Im also the Big Fat Greek wedding guy and the guy who did the pasta about Mystery Spidey Theater. I wanna say your comic storytimess have literally made me a happier person. Dead serious. This Spiderman is so fucking cool. Maybe its that most of the Ultimate universe is a bunch of jerks who make better villains then heroes (Phase Spider has a LOT of heroes go villian. Im making his rogues gallery like 70% fallen heroes.) but Ult Spiderman is literally a paragon. Fuck you for replacing him Bendis. I now have a fantasy of an Oz evolved Spidey with uber strength and composite webs and other cool unlocked powers going toe to toe with Thanos with the Gauntlet between them that will never happen.

If she was stringing along like you said that just gives her an opening

How did Thor know about the parts he wasn't there for?

>My heart is taking stupid pills.
Been there been there, done that done that. I wrecked my last two years of college in your exact same deal and also developed a heroin addiction.

>Second, is there any way I could send a polite response that isn't desperate?
Text her a Michelle_Carter.jpg

What if the message was just a statement? Not even a tiny message? Something like,
>Sounds like you're having fun.
End sentence.

Or I could just get to the real issue and text.
>You still dating "insert douche's name here"?

Or I can be slighty douchey.
>Why do you only say this when you're inebriated?

Or I can be batshit insane and text her.'
>Peter Parker is Spider-Man.
I don't even know how she would respond to that.

Heimdall filled him in on the things he missed.

>Text her a Michelle_Carter.jpg
=0

Peter should have told them all to fuck off. He's too cool for school.

>>Text her a Michelle_Carter.jpg
>=0
I know, right?

>I told her I don't want contact unless you want something serious.
Don't even give her a chance, user, come on

That's twice you've fucked up Blade's day Peter.

>That's twice you've fucked up Blade's day Peter.
I think this a clip show.

>bendis will never be this good ever again
what happened between this and Miles that he got so bad at storytelling in general?
Peter definitely died at the right time

Oh please PLEASE tell me Ult Tony is this cool in his own series?

I think it's better just to ignore her

>Gwen Stacy with an eyebrow ring

Bendis pls go

Maybe she wants something serious? I fucking hate that she has this much hold over me.

I actually liked his initial run on Miles. It was way more decompressed than it needed to be but it honestly felt like he was building towards something. Current Spider-Man arc with Miles is hot garbage.

He's interesting. Every appearance written by Ellis was gold but his last appearance by Edmonson I haven't given a serious look over (but what I remember is solid).

That's the smart thing to do. ANd maybe with enough drinks I'll be able to numb myself so I don't have the desire to respond.

DO NOT READ EITHER IRON MAN MINISERIES

You can read the other stuff but those two are weird shit. Blue tumor baby Stark with limbs that fall off and he only created half of the original Iron Man suit. He doesn't even bang that older woman that keeps an eye on him.

I didn't think the Orson Scott series was that bad. It definitely felt like an Ultimate title but I can see why it would rub some people the wrong way. It was at least retconned to a tv series.

This artstyle is magical.

user, don't focus on bitch girl

focus on Electra and dat ass
2d waifus are better

This is Bendis recycling Ultimate Team-Up...

I think he went a bit too far out there in terms of Tony's genius and childhood. I do like the idea of using alcohol to make the pain in his head go away. You can even work in the brain tumor. Thankfully Hickman managed to turn that into something better.

I think the biggest hurdle is that I've known her for half a decade. She was the only girl I ever loved and once you know that feeling towards someone it's magical. Also having them not reciprocate is the world's biggest kick in the dick.

Pretty sure it was Millar that did the retcon and Hickman invented the genius tumor. And I really like Millar's Tony, but Hickman's representation of Tony where he acts as a father figure for the tumor is truly heartwarming which I didn't think was possible. Anthony was one of the best parts of that book.

I'm going to do my best not to text her (or at least not tonight). I'm going to drown my sorrows in videogames. Serious question, GTA5 worth full price? Post things you like, didn't like, or wish you could change.
>Unrelated to everything, I got into a conversation with my friend about old games and he maintained that San Andreas is still the best GTA hands down, graphics be damned.
>I'm tempted to agree with him because I adored that game but I'd like to hear your thoughts on whether or not it can stand against current GTA games.

>Maybe she wants something serious?
Even if she does, she doesn't deserve a chance to hurt you, dude. You deserve so much better than someone who is willing to hurt you like that. People don't change

>I actually liked his initial run on Miles. It was way more decompressed than it needed to be but it honestly felt like he was building towards something.
The moment he joined the Avengers/Ultimates/Whatever to fight Hydra is when it got bad and it never recovered.