Batman Inc should've stayed the status quo and shouldn't've ended after Leviathan was destroyed

Batman Inc should've stayed the status quo and shouldn't've ended after Leviathan was destroyed.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/grant-morrison-chris-burnham-arkham-asylum-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't whether it was Morrison's insistence or nobody wanted to but this comic was waaaaaaaaaaaay too self contained. This could've easily been something that other Bat titles could've played around with as well. And when New 52 happened this was basically not canon except for the death of Damian. It was weird when it was wrapping up.

>too self contained.

No such thing. I'll read the other Batman comics if the writers and artists make comics that seem worth reading, not because they're intertwined.

There have been a few writers that have carried on ideas, themes and concepts from Batman Inc, which is very nice. Spyral is definitely sticking around, and I wouldn't be surprised if Tomasi brought in Man of Bats at some point.

Considering it was the next big step for Batman it needed more to really flesh it out. Having Batman run a global organization in one comic then being mostly on his own in other comics is weird and they rarely seem like they take place in the same timeline. As a standalone series that's fine but this was pushed as the next big thing for Batman and it really didn't do much outside of the series itself.

An actual return of Batman Inc. would be nice but Detective Comics is the closest we have to that now and it's just the Batfamily in Gotham.

Don't forget friend Tom King opened his run of Grayson with making Dick promise Bruce he'd take up the mantle if Bruce died. Tom King is now the main Batman writer with Seeley on Nightwing. His run has in part been about Bruce not exactly being happy in his role but knowing Gotham needs a Batman. Nightwing's book has been all about him wanting to get away from Gotham but not exactly feeling at home in Bludhaven.

I'd be very surprised if we don't at least get a 6-12 issues arc with Dick as Batman in the next 3 years.

King said Tim would be the Batman though

Yeah and King has never said the complete opposite of what he means to fuck with people. One is on social media, the other is in universe.

And Snyder said Duke would be the next Batman.

Dickfans are already just unbearable, hope he never becomes Batman again
anyone else would be better

Absolutely these. I'm a huge Morrisonfag but I was letdown when most of the Batman Inc. stuff ended up being mostly self-contained and when DC barely did anything with it post-Morrison. I felt like the comic itself was rushed as hell too. You could easily write a 75-issue comic book run with that shit, but all said and done, it was like, 24 issues, right? There's still a lot of potential there to be recognized.

King and Seeley are on the bat titles not Snyder.

Also youre a complete faggot cause Duke's whole thing is gonna be he is the day time Batman.

Think of how much more sense it would have made for Batman Eternal to have been a weekly about all the Inc. members.

It hurts :(

Please no.

I actually like Duke! He's become a really compelling character, and he was really well set up in Robins, but please Snyder. There are at least four people right off the top of my head who deserve the job way more than Duke does by either skill, seniority, blood or all three.

Morrison said that he wanted to kind of wrap all the stuff be introduced up so that other writers wouldn't have to deal with all the stuff be brought in if they didn't want to. In fact, he wasn't even expecting Damien Wayne to outlast his run (but other writers liked him enough that they brought him back and he's still the "current" Robin… Morrison had little to do with his resurrection).

I'm sure Morrison is chuffed that some of the elements he brought in have some staying power, but he wanted to make sure that other writers could pretty much ignore them without issue if they wanted to. Cleaning up after himself, I suppose you could call it.

Yeah Morrison's whole schtick is he thinks as a writer you should respect the mythos and put the character back where you found them.

I know he hates his stuff getting retconned like what happened when was on New X-Men. He should be happy his stuff stuck around. But wanting to kill Damian was a shitty idea and I'm glad they undid that. It seemed unnecessary to give Batman another dead kid, especially one that was biologically his own.

That fucking reunion was definitely great.

>There's still a lot of potential there to be recognized.

Well Morrison and Burnham are returning for that Batman 666 story that's called a sequel to Arkham Asylum for some reason

I prefer when Morrison sticks to special projects instead of monthly ongoings, rushed art and fill ins may meet a deadline, but the sloppy results exist forever.

>Well Morrison and Burnham are returning for that Batman 666 story that's called a sequel to Arkham Asylum for some reason

Wait what? Extrapolate, please.

> Grant Morrison will reunite with his Batman Incorporated collaborator Chris Burnham for Arkham Asylum 2.
> nnounced this afternoon during DC Comics’ “Meet the Publishers” panel at Comic-Con International in San Diego, the 122-page story will focus on an adult Damian Wayne as Batman. Morrison jokingly characterized the story as what he would write if he wanted to jump the shark

cbr.com/grant-morrison-chris-burnham-arkham-asylum-2/

>another balls-to-the-walls Damibat story from Grant Morrison and Chris Burhnam

You have done a good deed today, user.

It showed up in the Steph Batgirl run

It showed up in JHW3 Batwoman run

It showed up in Tomasi Batman and Robin

The problem was two fold.

1. Morrison left the main Batman title allowing a new writer to guide the narrative.

2. It was launched less the a year before the Nu52.

Seeley was clearly the Morrison fan outta that duo