Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N1-zjbRqYXk
reuters.com/article/us-usa-nuclear-license-idUSTRE8181T420120209
scientificamerican.com/article/wind-power-found-to-affect-local-climate/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WE

>He's right you know.

*He's right, you know.

The biggest threat to energy sufficiency are green party faggots who are scared of nuclear energy.

The vast majority of the Earth's plagues have been wiped out by white people. We're working on cancer, give us a bit more time.

Africa is a shithole because of Africans, not Europeans.

What's the context here? Is the white dude offering to buy the idea off the black dude? Why would he not develop those ideas himself if he could and instead pay a guy he apparently doesn't like?

I mean as a self contained thing everything else aside it doesn't make sense. Are we assuming that developing medicines has no relation to developing cures?

>spergs out of deal just because someone used your first name
Nah

Another reaspn why I don't read Capes
Idiot writers who don't know jack about nuthin

Wait, so HE was the one who got invited in, shit talked everybody there, then left?

Why the fuck did he even go to the meeting if he didn't even want to do anything? I kind of assumed that the white dude was in his place or something.

Big words from the guy who has a wall to keep the less civilized africans away. For all that talk about the selfish white man, those wakandans sure don't seem too keen on helping anyone other than themselves.

Wakandans truly are the biggest, most hypocritical cunts there are

>Wait, so HE was the one who got invited in, shit talked everybody there, then left?
He's Wakandan, why are you even surprised?

Man, I bet you Sup Forumstards just HATE the way the 21st century is going. In fact I know you do, it's why you put tRump in the White House. Sort of a last hurrah, eh?

Too bad it won't help.

>Thinking what I said even approaches Sup Forums territory

You lefties are just cosmically butthurt about 2017, huh?

Run one of the most powerful nations in africa.

People are litteraly starving five feet from there boarders.

Nope not gonna share any fucking technology because reasons.

I've always hated Wakanda politics.

>fallacious pop analysis: the comic

He was probably there for the sole purpose of telling them to fuck off until they got their shit together.

>until they got their shit together
As compared to who? The almighty, compassionate Wakanda?

Welp here we go.

He's right and yet he fails to see the hypocrisy of his position as a monarch. Benevolent or not, he never took action in helping these other 3rd world countries be self-sufficient as say someone like Gaddafi did despite having the means to do so.

Wait, so he's basically admiting that African rulers in general are greedy warmongers yet here he's framing it as though the whites are the only greedy bunch. Mixed signals.

He's Wakandan. They don't see race, they just see Wakanda and not-Wakanda

And here I was expecting that Hudlin would be the biggest bait in the thread.

I wish Wakanda would get nuked already. By al accounts it's very continued existences ought to be impossible.

How much you want to bet in the Black Panther movie Wakanda is just magically inaccessible and nobody mentions that they have a wall to keep out the unwashed lesser people out of their country?

>wakanda hates everyone
>builds huge wall around their country
>doesnt let ANYBODY in
>lets people starve to death and die of disease outside these walls and doesnt give a fuck
>has crazy technology and cures to any number of horrible sickness and disease

>shit talks everyone for not being on their level

>Sup Forums still can't get over the wall

Kek

>The biggest threat to energy sufficiency are green party faggots who are scared of nuclear energy.
Wind energy continues to grow at greater than expected levels, breaking records every year.
This is even after the government tax subsidies went offline.

Why? Because technological improvements have made it efficient and cheap. They don't require crews of engineers to keep them from becoming a deadly catastrophe, nor do they generate nigh-immortal toxic byproducts.

Nuclear shills need to throw themselves in a fire.

>nigh-immortal toxic byproducts.
The very reason they last so long is because their radioactivity is so weak.

The scene perfectly encapsulates Hudlin's Wakanda. It's an insufferably smug Mary Sue nation that's put on a pedestal next to everyone else, despite the fact that it only got that way by author fiat and comic book bullshit.

If there really was a nation like Wakanda it would never be the enlightened isolated utopia it's depicted as. Warrior cultures generally don't stay out of other people's affairs. Realistically Wakanda would have become a global empire with the absurd technological advantages it had over the rest of the world.

>lel lets fill the countryside with big ass turbines to provide a fraction of fossil fuel energy at over 1000 times the cost and space
>oh and they only work when it's windy
Green fags are their own worst enemy desu senpai.

Never claimed they were instant-kill Godzilla breath radioactive.
They really only have to be mildly quintuple-your-odds-of cancer toxic.
Protip: they have a zero percent chance of granting you super-powers.

I live south of the nation's biggest wind farm areas. The reason they are thriving is because they provide power at competitive prices to fossil sources.
A shit-ton more of them are going up this year.
Nuclear power plants are tax-subsidized money sinks that provide expensive electrical power.

You're basing your arguments on the situation that existed 20 years ago. Maybe you ought to look at data that's a little more contemporary.

Your ignorance over the reality of modern nuclear power is startling. It provides gigawatts of energy with very little waste produced. And that waste already has a place waiting for it in Yucca Mountain, but paranoid fags like you keep blocking its use.

Nigga wind is still shit. It's inefficient as hell and you kill millions of birds. Get out of here with your propaganda shit Brainiac. Wind would cause environmental catastrophes out the the ass if we built them everywhere. Wind is fucking Captain Marvel of alternative energy. It's pushed and pushed despite never actually doing anything and then countries by energy from countries that use primarily oil and natural gas.

>Barely any waste, really!
>And we have a proven area to store if for centuries, where nothing could possibly go awry.

I weary of these Big Tobacco Lawyer-tier arguments.

>they provide power at competitive prices to fossil sources.
>Nuclear power plants are tax-subsidized money sinks that provide expensive electrical power.
OH. Oh. Guys stop arguing with him, he's from bizzarro Sup Forums.
Must have gotten lost on the way to \oc\

What on earth kind of enviromental catastrophes do you think it could cause? Do you even understand how wind farming works?

It's not as though the wind is being collected up, it's literally just windmills generating electricity. We've had windmills for hundreds of years and they've never changed the course of the wind or anything.

He's fictional you know

Dead birds?

Why would T'Chaka refer to his 'first name' when he only has one?

or was that another of Hudlin's innovations, that Wakandans all have secret last names nobody is allowed to know about

You can fuel thorium reactors with conventional waste, unfortunately nuclear reactor development has been hobbled for a good 40 years.

I think he's referring to the secondary requirements of wind generation, like transmission lines, access roads, and exemption from environmental laws because they function as giant blenders for birds.

>Muh safe clean Thorium
We are talking about existing technology, not your Magic Unicorn Fart reactors
>nuclear reactor development has been hobbled for a good 40 years.
Then it's getting it's turn, Solar and Wind has been crippled by Big Fossil for easily as long.

The most powerful REAL, EXISTING reactor in the US, the triple reactor in Arizona, provides nearly 4 gigawatts of electricity. G.E. is constructing a wind farm in Oklahoma that provides a full 2 gigawatts of clean power, at prices that compete with natural gas and coal, let alone pricey nuclear power.

>Solar and Wind has been crippled by Big Fossil
Really? What regulatory blocks were put in the path of solar and wind? Because the government outright forbade the construction of new nuclear plants for decades.

>Really? What regulatory blocks were put in the path of solar and wind?
Big Fossil's coordinated efforts to purchase and shelf solar and wind technology are pretty well established. Same reason we are just now getting economic electric cars.

>>Protip: they have a zero percent chance of granting you super-powers.
I like those odds.

So any entrepreneur who could develop new solar/wind technology was assured of a windfall from energy companies? Why didn't this subsidize the creation of even more such technology?

>Because the government outright forbade the construction of new nuclear plants for decades.

Absolute and complete hogwash. Love to see your citation for this claim.

Solar panels a shit. A SHIT.

youtube.com/watch?v=N1-zjbRqYXk

If you buy out promising developments in alternative power, patent and shelve them, you cut off a vital pathway to further advances.

You seem to ignorantly assume there are infinite pathways to clean energy production.

Yes, some guys get a windfall, but now their advances are warehoused. Guess they can buy a yacht.

i thought africa was a shithole because of the tsetse fly and a giant fuck-off desert but hey shows what i know

All nuclear plants produced in the U.S. require government approval under the NRC. Between 1979 and 2011, the NRC approved the construction plans for a grand total of 0 new nuclear plants.
reuters.com/article/us-usa-nuclear-license-idUSTRE8181T420120209

Because then the technologies were never put to use and an energy monopoly was maintained.

The actual factor in blocking Nuclear power plants are State and local governments and the citizens pressuring them with "Not in My County!"

Bush's 2005 legislation was a massive Gib for Nuclear power, and it's still on the books.
Despite this massive Federal subsidy (far more than was allotted to wind or solar) nuclear plant construction has dwindled down to almost nothing.

Nuclear power is a relic, get over it.

Insufficient battery technology was the primary killer of electric cars, they simply couldn't compete in range or performance.

Wind power causes environmental and climate changes, which have been little studied to date.
scientificamerican.com/article/wind-power-found-to-affect-local-climate/

And battery tech is still badly lagging behind. We need a breakthrough and soon

>Insufficient battery technology
Insufficient technology is always cured by well funded research. Battery technology got the opposite of that for decades, which is why we spent half a century with the same good-old C and D cell batteries.

You'd think that a company that had a handle on batteries that last in a top-of-the-line cellphone for more than 6 hours would make a shitload of money.

Fuck, the Switch dies in 3.5-4 hours. Where are my superbatteries?

>And battery tech is still badly lagging behind.
You've never heard of Tesla's new residential power storage batteries, or their long-range automotive batteries?

As someone who's into the RC hobby, I can tell you that battery technology has been advancing at a spectacular rate in the last 10 years.

You sound like you get your information from some out-of-touch blogger's website. Pick up a scientific magazine or even hobbyists catalogue.

People need to realize that Wakandan's are racist. To a near inarguable degree. LITERALLY a wall to keep the other dying and starving Africans away.

And you may think BP is cool, but who does he interact with? Superheroes or villains who are pretty much the best or worst people of their race. Very few racists would act racist or even hold sentiment against Morgan Freeman or SLJ because they exist in a special box to them. Same with BP.

And Never Ever Forget no matter how much you say it's OOC of it's stupid it's still 100% canon that they purposely withold the cure for cancer. I mean so does mister Fantasic but we know he's almost as evil as DOOM.

the problem with smartphone batteries is that phone makers are jamming power-draining processing and displays into them as fast or faster than the batteries can be advanced.

Apparently everyone needs the power of a 2001 personal computer in their pocket phone.

It's laughable.

Why didnt no one tell him he was the same?
He's a MONARCH, he and his people living off the fat of the land, even the meanest, poorest Wakandan person lives a well off life, while the rest of Africa burns, and hungers. They literally built a Wall with lasers to keep refuges out.

The hypocrisy is INTENSE.
I'm surprised no one at that table laughed. For all his bullshit, the US gives more to the world than Wakanda ever does.

This is comic books, the Cure for Cancer would probably turn everyone into Orange Super-Hulks.

Still better than the cure from I Am Legend (Will Smith edition).

>Fat of the Land
They live in a fairly small remote Jungle region, normally the least hospitable terrain for human habitation. They just use it with fantastic high-tech efficiency.
You act like the Wakandans are swooping down and snatching up the resources and agriculture of neighboring nations, when in fact they are generally just ignoring them entirely.

If people on Sup Forums actually read comics, they wouldn't need to realize this. They already know it.

It's like if a country was run by Sup Forums really

By this same logic, the Swiss and the Vatican should be shoveling piles of gold to the needy Greeks.

He hasn't actually read any Black Panther stories.

The Catholic church fuels charity all over the world. Some of it really good, some of it really misguided (looking at you, Mother Theresa).

Islam is the worlds greatest charitable organization, ironically.

>The biggest threat to energy sufficiency are green party faggots who are scared of nuclear energy.
lol yes, these randos are the biggest threat, not the international corporations that have had a vested interest in fucking shit up

>Islam is the worlds greatest charitable organization, ironically
It's actually because one of the five big and important pillars is literally charity. Funnily enough Islamists and Saudis don't even seem to be aware of this and are infamous for being the least charitable.

Saudi Arabia is plenty charitable. To ethnic Saudi's.

THORIUM
H
O
R
I
U
M

>The actual factor in blocking Nuclear power plants are State and local governments and the citizens pressuring them with "Not in My County!"
Yet more proof of the wisdom of the common man.

NIMBY fags are trash, that's true. They're trash for alternative energy also. I remember when fucking Ted Kennedy kept blocking Massachusetts from building an offshore wind farm because it would spoil the view from his Nantucket mansion, or something. I'm always in favor of the average citizen being overruled by experts when it comes to energy, since the vast majority of us are too dumb to have a meaningful opinion.

>You could have made half of these breakthroughs yourself
Hey asshole, not everyone has a mountain of Vibranium that allowed them to develop technology centuries before everyone else.

> (OP)

THIS

So much this.

I get not wanting to sell the oil and vibranium , but refusing to sell their medical cures (including the CURE FOR CANCER) is a real dick move. They lose nothing from doing so, would make a lot of money, and would actually help a lot of people without posing any danger to the world.

wait...do Wakandans have last names? Or was he mad that he was addressed informally?

is this fucking Hudlin being dumb agian?

"Your Majesty"

This reminds me of how a recent leak revealed that Donald Trump kept calling the President of Mexico by his first name, Enrique, for the entirety of their first phone call. I'm sure that Donald would have hung up if anyone did that to him.

yeah but why did he specify FIRST name? Does he even have a last name? A better way to express indignation about being addressed by name instead of by title is just leave out the "first" part.

It's just needlessly confusing.

He's busting the dudes balls.

I really do not care for Hudlin at all

>Do you even understand how wind farming works?

Windmills are inherently unable to compete, for three reasons.

1) Unable to schedule dispatch. The wind blows when the wind blows.

2) Very low energy density in the principal fuel. How many watts of kinetic energy are in a cubic meter of air moving at ten meters per second? How does that compare to natural gas, oil, or heaven forbid, uranium?

3) Planar geometry. If you double the size of a windmill, the power producing surface quadruples. If you double the size of a coal plant, or gas turbine, or nuclear reactor, the power producing volume goes up eight times.

These are hard, factual things, that no amount of propaganda and wishful thinking will ever make go away.

Thanks to fracking, NO technology can compete with combined-cycle gas turbines right now. Nuclear could, if we had been allowed to develop breeder reactors, but that ship has sailed.

Sorry if these facts are not to your liking, but I cannot change them.

That's why they are facts.

The more I learn about Black Panther, the more I think he's kind of a fucking asshole and the new movie is going to be the first truly bad first outing for a marvel hero in their own solo film.

>tRump
What's the matter Oliver, realizing your hilarious "Drumf" joke was retarded?

Just so you know, Marvel's Black Panther predates the Black Panther Party.

Why is T'Chaka focusing all of his hate on the West? The rest of the world clearly doesn't meet his standards either.

what, are you only reading Hudlin on and never touching anything before that?

I fail to see the problem.

Wakanda is only so advanced because they exist on top of the largest and possibly only resource of vibranium *on the planet.* It's like the middle east but even worse, and these assholes act like they have any right to be all high and mighty about it.

Not as retarded as Drumpf is for dictating his son in law's letter about "Russian adoptions". And since this thread will dissolve into another pol thread, Mueller will fry that fat ugly orange coinsucking coward in due time.

We were talking about alternative energy, you're the one who got political, asshole. Just to spite you, I'm not going to continue this conversation so the thread won't derail.

The Priest run is far superior to Coates and Hudlin's run. It's a king, trying to balance the future with greedy powers that want the vibranium on one side, and tribalistic assholes who hate the future, and hate all non wakandans even more.

So if I wanted to read some actually GOOD BP where should I start?

Christopher Priest's run

I don't know what issue it starts if you're a piratefag, but if you're a buyfag I think Marvel's still printing the Complete Collection TPBs of it