what are your thoughts, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cabinet_of_Dr._Caligari
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Expressionism
youtube.com/watch?v=NWkVgHzr6tA
youtube.com/watch?v=FpjsMnI3htA
youtube.com/watch?v=cEuU64Zt4B0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Great show. Only good cartoon to come out of the 2010s besides Gravity Falls.

>it's a seven years old cartoon

Did I say it wasn't? 2010 is still part of the decade.

season 2 is a straight upgrade in terms of pacing

get ready for a good ride bud

A lot of fun. One of the wildest cartoon I've seen.

i remember playing tthe game on a webstie, s1 was episodic, s2 was one big story connected together.

Both seasons are episodic with occasional plot, season 2 does up the pacing significantly though.

>besides Gravity Falls
Man, you're easy to spot, TheBatmanfag

All the name-calling in the world won't change the fact that amidst a sea of literally unwatchable garbage like AT, SU, SVTFOE, and numerous other cartoons, these two somehow managed to become hidden gems.

>hidden gems
>gravity fucking falls

How much discussion of it have you seen recently, user?
It's all but forgotten by the mainstream now.

Sup Forums, I've seen several of your masterpieces. Batman: TAS, Avatar, Samurai Jack, EEnE, Animaniacs, etc...

I don't think any of them are better than Mystery Inc.

That game was fun.

>updated every episode with new cases based on the show
>could free roam Crystal Cove, Gatorsburg, and Darrow University
>all those sidequests and bonus mission after completing all 26 cases
>a museum gallery of every villain you've beaten
>dat Red Herring reference

Avatar and GF unquestionably are, come the fuck on now. SJ though, I can see the argument for that being worse.

(The others I obviously agree on.)

Great show, I consider it the pinnacle of Scooby Doo along side Zombie Island

I will always be sad it didnt kick off a whole interconnected Hanna Barbra universe with all the cameos it had

That is not true at all.

It's true from what I've seen.

Good show, but they got cold feet in the end on the same level as Gravity Falls. Also the change in writers for the 2nd season didn't help.

Don't bother trying to figure out the big mystery, it's all magic.

>Good show, but they got cold feet in the end on the same level as Gravity Falls.
You mean Sup Forums shits on it in the same way because it didn't unfold as it predicted either? Then yeah, I agree.
>Don't bother trying to figure out the big mystery, it's all magic.
It may be "magic" but most of it is pretty heavily foreshadowed, and makes sense within the context of the series. So that's bad advice.

>they got cold feet in the end on the same level as Gravity Falls
What? That ending was great.

You anecdotal evidence is amusing

Plus, there were actual lasting consequences once the final boss is unleashed

I loved it.

It had some issues to start off with but man did it deliver. Buckle up OP, it's gonna get crazy. Also, where are you watching it?

There's a 1080p rip out there, OP really should be watching that.

Also I just rewatched the first episode and man they foreshadowed everything.

It was great

>but they got cold feet in the end

How?

Pretty good, I wish the ending was different though.

I'm watching it on Kimcartoon, it's 720p for all but maybe two or three episodes

I'm talking logoless 1080p, not shitty TV rips.

I hate Fred's design

All the designs took some getting used to, but they really make sense for the tone of the show.

kimcartoon is logoless

I like the nods to other hanna barbara properties

They didn't get cold feet. Status quo changed and the gangs life can't go back to normal. They weren't gonna end the Cartoon Network show with everybody fully dead, but this is as close as they could have gotten

It was an amazing show. Also it makes GF look like shit.

I like the show a lot (it's one of my top 10) but it's so far from GF's quality that Sup Forums's incessant prattling about the opposite is hilarious.

GF's "quality" ended in a cesspool of Mabel's bullshit, a complete disembowelment of Dipper, plots that went nowhere and a totally underwhelming finale with what amounts to a joke villain.

MI was solid from the beginning to the end and was far more interesting as far as mysteries are concerned.

That would indeed have been terrible. But the show you're talking about clearly isn't GF, since none of that happened in it. Maybe an AU fanfic written by Sup Forums hacks?

And the main "mystery" in SDMI is so simplistic it sounds ridiculous to even bring it up for comparison. (Not to mention the issues with characterization, pacing, etc. "Solid" my ass.)

What the fuck is with that retarded lean

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cabinet_of_Dr._Caligari

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Expressionism

GF being a huge dissapointment was discussed so many times I won't even bother.

>GF being a huge dissapointment was discussed so many times I won't even bother.
Except every time it's "discussed" one side ends up spewing outright lies about what happened in the show, like you just did.

Neither of those links explain why Fred's crotch is pulling ten zip codes away from his feet.

Ah, so you're into femdom and stuff.

I hope you don't have any sharp objects in your home.

u w0t m8

The only explanation for someone being a GF fan is that the person in question likes to be abused by women.

I'm fairly certain I saw you in a thread once gushing over Mabel and excusing her shittiness.

I've been the one calling out Pacificafags for that shit (never seen any Mabelfags on Sup Forums, though, just obsessive haters like you). And I also call out whiteknights on here in general.

Someone defending certain characters on here doesn't mean they even like them necessarily, it's just that Sup Forums can be even shittier.

Speaking of Pacifica, there's a fine example of how bad GF is. Possibly the best ep of the show amounted to jackshit and even the llama bullshit ended up being a big pile of nothing.

I CAN like GF, but I can like it only if I watch it as a psychological torture series in which the villain wins in the end (Mabel). It's a story of emotional blackmail, manipulation and an undoing of a person at the hands of his twin sister. It fascinates in the same way reading about MKUltra and Monarch programming does.

What's truly fascinating here is how obsessed you (and most of Sup Forums) are in hating on this one character for doing what many adults would do in her situation, let alone kids. Autism indeed.

So you are the Mabel guy after all. Your penis isn't a metric of value or quality.

Never been a huge fan of SD, but I thought this series was pretty good.

Best thing Scooby Doo since Zombie Island

I'm the guy who defends Mabel here, yes. I also defend Wendy, and Pacifica, and even male characters like Ford and McGucket, all of whom I've seen Sup Forums attack out of sheer autism.

Best Scooby is still Thirteen Ghosts.

iirc WB plans Hanna Barbera cinematic universe, starting with a Scooby movie in 2018

And now I feel like I'm standing at the edge of some psychosexual chasm into which I should not venture.

Thus I leave you to your own devices.

I disagree, but it had a great theme. I liked it overall.

Oh dear.

That's all I'll say about that.

>what are your thoughts
That you aint seen nothing yet, shit is about to get real season 2. Magic/interdimensional stuff asidethere is an awful lot of murder second season and a few close calls, which honestly should have happened several iterations ago (not dark for the sake of dark but really now after a while the incompetent villains got tiring).

It was pretty shit. It felt too much like Ben 10 Alien Force because of the filler, the boring dialogue and the dark and edgy direction.

Shaggy and Scooby quit their shenanigans and Scooby for some reason stopped being a coward and a moron. He started being the leader.

I didn't like it for the same reason why I don't like Castlevania, Legend of Korra, Tron Legacy and others,

Stiff designs with huge loads of lightning and effects to compensate for the meh art style and meh animation.
A crappy story. Everything is pushed to 11 without any substance and subtlety.
The main villain is a fucking owl.
It's cliche crap "all according to plan" which I hated in Witch season 2 and Star Vs season 2.
The drama was too fake. A better drama would have been them having to find real ghosts or they're fired or something.

I found Get a Clue to be much more charming and well written, despite being a comedy action show.
youtube.com/watch?v=NWkVgHzr6tA

But still the best Scooby Doo incarnation is the one with Zombie Island.
It's the only movie which feels like it was made for theatrical releases and not DVD releases like the new ones.
It's also the only one where the story was interesting and the characters were mature without being boring.

The second best incarnation was the 2000s series.
youtube.com/watch?v=FpjsMnI3htA

>asidethere

I don't know, stop blogging and finish it.

What about Regular Show and Harvey Beaks?

You had me until you said get a clue was good.

>A better drama would have been them having to find real ghosts
what, they did find real ghosts. What are you smoking?

>they're fired or something
Season 2 was them getting back together after going their separate ways

i remember user uploading s1 for us on plus4chan

then he apparently died in tornado.

The romances were completely unnecessary and could have been removed entirely from the show. I hate it when the romances take up so much of a series and then break up. Thank you for wasting my time when you could have been adding to the lore or something more important and substantial.

Also Velma was a complete bitch.

GottaVCR.

yup, him.

Any user kind enough to share that "What I watched, what I fucking got" image for the show? Been looking everywhere for it.

The romances were great overall, if a bit cringey at times. I was actually so pissed they dropped ShaggyxVelma.

I hope Scooby Apocalypse picks that up.

god forbid we get some development and growth

>ten zipcodes away from his feet
supreme kek

That's kinda what I'm so frustrated desu.

Objectively though the romances weren't too pleasant to watch. In order to keep things 'dramatic' they make Velma a needy attention whore and somewhat of an unpleasant character dragging around Shaggy in an arguably abusive relationship. Daphne and Fred was the typical 'pinning for oblivious love interest' that went into a clusterfuck of complications.

Don't get me wrong, drama is nice and it's unrealistic when couples don't fight (arguably a lot of the social interactions in this show were somewhat depressingly realistic) but constant arguing and clamoring between characters that were such good friends in other series is…well…depressing. Even moreso when it was 'all for nothing'.

It seems as though most series can't have already established romances without feeling the need to max out the drama and the fighting.

This man gets it. Though I hope that series makes the romance a bit more endearing.

where the FUCK is be cool scooby doo season 2?

Overseas.

Some user ripped everything to MEGA.

Why in the world would you subject yourself to watching that garbage?

I liked the Fred/Daphne aspect but hated the Velma/Shaggy parts.

AT is a masterpiece

You got a link?

Be Cool is pretty good.

There's nothing wrong with episodic Scooby.

you forgot My Little Pony

Play this and watch the webm. You're welcome

youtube.com/watch?v=cEuU64Zt4B0

only first 2 seasons. then it went back to little girl show

Have you seen season 7? It's been superb.

the brought real twilight back?

sadly no
we saw applejack's parents in a flashback though

agreed

The animation is shit but it isn't that bad.

Everything is wrong with episodic Scooby.

Get off my board barneyfags

Where can I watch this in HD

How do you even get such shit taste?

Where is the 1080p rip
Help me out /co

found the redditor

Kametsu
It has pretty much every cartoon that isn't lost media in the best available quality. Everyone on Sup Forums should have an account there.