Unsounded

Duane, stop neglecting your surrogate daughter.

:(

DUAAAAAANE

FUCK

OOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOO

Why is she still here, just to suffer?

>you can pinpoint the moment her heart breaks

>Duane and Quigley finally getting along
>at the worst possible time
why must things be this way

>Sette has run out of likely candidates to read Da's letters. Surrounded by so many forms of communication and she can't understand any of them. But perhaps there is a sympathetic - and literate - sort somewhere very near at hand~

Hopefully Timofey can cheer her up.

What's with all the sadness?

yfw the letters are all positive and DA loves her

Aw no, that's just shit man. Why Sette gotta suffer?

MY SOUL HURTS

BUT THE ALTERNATIVE

That'd really throw me off.

Apparently Quigley's worst boy status is contagious.

Worth noting that this page is animated so make sure you see check it out on the site, nothing too crazy, just adds to the overall ambiance.

>see check it out
Goddamn it

>Timofey
Nah, it's gonna be Minnow. Why else would we have seen her grabbing onto a part of Uaid a few pages ago?

I hope Ashley translates this for us in the future. Yeah, we're supposed to feel estranged and left out just like Sette, I get it, but I also want to know what they are talking about.

So we could see that SWEET FISH BOOTY

Has she said that she's made a system for the Aldish language? I recall a long time ago some translated a certain part or maybe she gave the translation?

She must have done some weird fuckery to get it to animate instead of just using a gif. The panel shifts slightly left every time the lightning flashes.

Is it me or is Sette looking subtly older in these recent strips?

I think I missed some earlier set up about these letters. Why is her dad writing her letters he knows she can't read?

the letters were sent to stockyard

They were letters Da sent to Stockyard. This came as a surprise to Sette since she was sent all the way out there to get in touch with Stockyard, if he was receiving letters from Nary, what was the point of sending Sette?

They likely contain at least part of the plan Nary was concocting and using Sette for, namely leading Duane all the way across the continent.

Right; thanks!

>that last panel
DUANE YOU FUCK STOP BEFRIENDING THE NERD HE'S GOING TO DIE SOON ANYWAY

Why hasn't she asked Duane to read them?

Dang that last couple panels are so good.

>Her Da apologizes to her in the letters about earlier abuse

Duane is distinctly anti-Da and I don't think Sette could stand to have Duane read out proof that Da doesn't love her.

Better to have some stranger who has no idea of the importance of the letters read them so she can take the information and decide how to handle it.

>Sette runs off with Fish Girl

>Sette has run out of likely candidates to read Da's letters. Surrounded by so many forms of communication and she can't understand any of them. But perhaps there is a sympathetic - and literate - sort somewhere very near at hand~
So Minnow is going to read Nary's letters to her and reveal what a scumbag he is.
More Sette tears incoming!

That would be an interesting plot twist
Da loves her but feels the need to push her away because he's haunted by the death of her mom?

It's just you, or possibly the art style shifting over time.
Only like a month at best has passed since the comic started

Well if there is some kind of special connection between Sette and the khert Minnow would probably be able to recognize it.
I really want Minnow to have a big sister relation with Sette, the girl needs a female role model to compliment daddy Duane

Maybe sadness makes her grow.

She'd already be dead from old age.

Seems strange that Quigs is suddenly chumming it up with what he believes to be a well-made construct.

How will Duane convince him?

I want Sette to escape this life

No, my little lion can't get sad!

The revelation that she actually had a mom would be mindblowing enough.

What better way to convince someone there's no difference between a living person and a well-made corpse construct than to chum it up?

Sette knows if Stockyard and Starfish was right, not only would she be upset, but it would give Duane more reason to kill Nary

Maybe it was mpreg.

She said she would in a few months if someone remembers to ask.

I've put a reminder in my phone to do so in late September, as I suspect that will be long enough. Check her tumblr around September 27-29 or so, that's when I'll ask her.

Oh, thanks, buddy. I'm glad she addressed it. Not so sure I'll remember to check her tumblr, but sooner or later I'll reread the whole thing again and will just ask in one of the threads about it. Fortunately unsounded is not going away anytime soon. See you in the future threads!

Was probably legit but I'm certain Starfish wasn't. Ashley said before Stock had plans to send Sette home and stock personally prevent star from touching Sette. I can't imagine Da would just sell off his unaging loli with a super nose. Not if we are suppose to be believe he is a successful crime lord.

Setting aside Sette's current sadness, it must be really refreshing for Duane to finally use his native tongue in full conversation again; he's been away from Alderode for years now.

She set the lightning panel to flicker and (probably) change opacity over time. I don't know html well enough to know exactly how, though

That happened some time ago.

>Sette still believes her dad actually likes her
Can you call it Stockyard syndrome?

If all the sad and dead children in this comic were fused into one child what would it look/be like?

>Sette knows her new dad could beat up her old dad
RIP Nary. This is the beginning of the end.

The silver.

Holy kek Carlos, you're going to hell

Remember though Sette thinks water women killed her mom. If Minnow were to approach her, I doubt that Sette would let her touch the letters.

He came pretty damn close to doing it prior to setting her off with Duane. If he's the successful crime lord he says he is, then he evaluated all his options and felt Sette was worthless (except to a pedophile like Starfish).

Minnow looks like the obvious answer at first but why would a waterwoman know how to read? All they do is steal shit and fuck clouds.

Minnow was is a humanboo

Goddamnit Ashley