DC "Muslim" hero named ISIS

archive.is/PdLWb
>DC Comics superhero Isis will be joining DC's Legends of Tomorrow in its upcoming third season under her real name of Zari Adrianna Tomaz (played by Tala Ashe), and the fact that the character is a practicing Muslim is a choice show producer Marc Guggenheim said was made specifically in response to the election of U.S. President Donald Trump.

>“You might have heard there was this election,” said Guggenheim during this week's Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills (as quoted by Variety). “Not to get political, but something that we all gravitated toward in the writers room was making this character Muslim."

>She was talking about how difficult it is to be a Muslim-American in the current political climate," said Guggenheim. "Having a character who’s a computer hacker and is from the future but also happens to be Muslim, it’s a nice, important aspect of her character.”

>take existing character
>Named after Egyptian god
>"shes kind of brown and near the middle east, right?"
>slap a muslim label on her
>name is fucking ISIS
So.... what the fuck is this? do they really think this is a good idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_(DC_Comics)
pastebin.com/hN7sK27A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention_to_propose_amendments_to_the_United_States_Constitution
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

People really need to get over trump and realize he's won and it's over for the next 4 years

Also DC should learn from marvel this isnt a good idea

if people couldn't get over obama then they don't have to get over trump

>Adapt Isis
>Make her nothing like Isis and yet another hacker character
Jesus Christ, why does Guggenheim still get work? And why does he think hacking is somehow a superpower?

Thanks DC, thought you had some hope.

Are they aware of the irony?

Hey OP, have you read 52?

GOD DAMN IT YOU CIS SHITLORD STOP HARASSING WOMEN

>Guggenheim

Of course.

Yes, there is totally a commensurate response

Isis got a rough deal and I cant remember the last time she was in comics. Really I dont think anyone should fucking care about the shared name because again, its an Egyptian goddess. Its like when Archer had to drop the name. Furthermore, WHAT THE FUCK IS IT WITH CW AND FUCKING COMPUTER HACKERS!?!?! We can get fun magic shit? I dont expect Black Adam to show up but christ.

user, Isis is an already existing character. She's not named after an Egyptian Goddess. She /literally/ gets her powers from her. Someone who's power comes from Egyptian mythology is a fucking Musslim.

someone's heading into the danger zone

>it's another shitposting casuals thread

>She was talking about how difficult it is to be a Muslim-American in the current political climate," said Guggenheim. "Having a character who’s a computer hacker and is from the future but also happens to be Muslim, it’s a nice, important aspect of her character.”

Woah, virtue signalling.

This could be a good time to really address the abuse of Coptic Christians in Egypt.

I'm sure they will

Just kill me already. If you aren't even going to follow any of the islamic laws, why even call yourself muslim in the first place. Fucking hacks.

>people act like children
>so IM going to kick and scream like a child too
grow up

Ha! Look at the Americans. Look at them and laugh.

to be fair they tried so hard to change the name ISIS for that group to ISS because its a common name as common as george in the 70's, or rather, a "jose mexican" over there

I don't think there's anything sinister behind this. At the same time, I feel this was poorly thought-out.

Isis is also the name of a goddess

True. At least the opposition to Trump is based in reality. The opposition to Obama was entirely for the crime of presidenting while black.

The hilarious part is they think Trump is even going to notice this shit

>I feel this was poorly thought out
Welcome to the CW network user, where they recycle the same shit over and over and call it a comic book show

you were so close to having self awareness and then you did a complete 180 and went back to closing your eyes and covering your ears

I'm sure Trump is thinking of resigning in the next few hours because of some shitty character from another shitty DC show.

Make her a lesbian and disabled; we'll have bingo.

>Take ancient Egyptian pagan super
>Make them start acting like a Muslim
But Why?

>tfw things can't be called isis anymore

Why do all these shitty CW shows have to insert their "fuck drumpf and fuck white people" political statements into every episode? Are there any good live action shows left that don't feel like you're watching a college lecture on feminist studies half the time?

I'm honestly more upset about the use of a "computer hacker" character trope than whatever the political implications are

>Muslim woman character to stick it to Trump
>Her name is fucking ISIS
What's her sidekick's name, Albert Queda?

His name was Osiris

I watched a bit of last season and the plot was literally the lance of Longinus was the most powerful thing in existence that could rewrite reality.

You're putting a Muslim on a show where everyone else witnessed Jesus's blood being divinity itself and you think that's pro Muslim? It just makes them look like retards. Yeah I know Jesus is in Islam but he's not divine in that faith.

Also the show is trash and characters just take it in turns to be retarded and not use their abilities so that drama can occur.

like literally how are there people who haven't read 52 yet

Its ridiculous really. Everyone is so fucking sensitive these days and people are terrified of being connected to a shit terrorist organization because the assholes used a name from myth. Like what if another sect came out tomorrow called THOR, would Marvel Comics suddenly drop EVERYTHING because they share a name? By avoiding the name, you're also giving power to terrorists because they control what it means

>Muslim super heroine.
>Appropriates the name and likeness of another religion's Goddess.

Kemetics who hate how Muslims took over their country should complain.

At least you admit you're incapable of being the bigger person here.

The people who react loudly to stuff like this don't actually read comics.

This looks like a job for Captain Confederacy!

>hey guys, here are all the old characters, but NEW

no thanks, ill keep my money

They should've just used Black Adam. Would make for an interesting anti-hero in the group. Give him some exposure for casuals to get to know him. And he can leave the group just before his movie comes out, if it ever does.

Remember when Thawne traveled through time and asked about a dozen of himself to help out and somehow the combined forces of several evil speedsters somehow couldnt defeat the legends? Yeah, CW writers are fucking trash

Remind me, why is a shitty writer like Guggenheim allowed to write for shows?

Still waiting on that impeachment

>"Hey guys, droning hospitals into piles of smoldering rubble isn't cool!"
>"LOL YOU MAD YOU RACIST BIGOT?"
Obama was far from the worst president we've ever had, but there were tons of reasons to dislike him (or at least his policies) that had nothing to do with race.

If you're just gonna label any criticism or opposition to him "racism", then you're literally no better than all the Sup Forumsacks who slobber Daddy Trump's knob and call people cucks for disagreeing with him, even when he does something objectively retarded.

>Superhero who is ancient Egyptian themed in every way, shape, and form
>Let's make her muslim guys, all brown people are the same after all
Ironically enough in an attempt to be progressive they just ended up being racist as fuck

As a take-that to Blumpgbf
Can't you read?

>
>if people couldn't get over obama then they don't have to get over trump

You are ABSOLUTELY right!

And that's the exact sort of attitude that made West Virginai's Governor switch party affiliations, TODAY, to Republican, during a Trump rally.

So you keep hammering that 'I'm super butthurt' air horn. Pretty soon the Republicans will have such a huge lock on government, your screaming won't matter beans.

Muslim superhero named "Isis", while Muslim terrorist group called ISIS is getting torn out by the roots.

How fucking tone-deaf ARE these idiots?

She is literally powered by the goddess

(
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_(DC_Comics)

1. Isis was a superhero in DC comics since 1975, WAY before the terror group Isis existed.

2. Isis is an ancient Egyptian goddess, and the superhero was named after her.

DC did nothing wrong.

I hope to God you realize the irony of your statement someday

Oh get the fuck over yourself, libcuck. Like half of the complaints against Trump are for the crime of presidenting while orange.

>Someone who's power comes from Egyptian mythology is a fucking Musslim.

So....you're saying a GODDESS from ancient Egypt is...a Muslim?

user....really?

at this point these people would bitch that she was a SJW just because she calls out a king for not helping people

You are aware that there was a maxi-series called 52 back in the mid 2000s, right? Not the New52.

>Superhero themed around Ancient Egyptian mythology
>Make her Muslim
Doesn't make any sense

So can we start a twitter shitstorm regarding making an Egyptian character Muslim?

That poster said that people should get over Trump, and then said that people shouldn't act like children just because others did. Where is the irony?

>person that lives in modern-day Egypt
>not a muslim
???

I feel like this is something people really need to address.
We need to start calling out comic companies on their lazy diversity; the more it's called out as blatantly lazy/racist, the less it'll happen.

Like, Kamala is fine. They actually worked her faith into her character. But I feel like when they say there's gonna be a new *insert minority here* character, the question should come up; how will this affect their character?

How is being muslim going to affect Isis as a person? Is she practicing? Will it come up as a plot point? Or is she just a brown lady with a bunch of generic desert-y shit and rugs from Pier 1 in her house?

It'd be like if they were like "oh yeah, we're introducing a Jewish hero", except his faith never came up in any impactful way, but when he goes home you'd see his hooknosed mother counting a big pile of gold in the corner. Like, that's the level of lazy surface-level shit we're on.

Only if you want to look stupid. She's not an Egyptian character. She's from a fictional DCU country and merely channels the powers of an Egyptian god similar to how Billy gets powers from several gods.

Kandaq is so Egyptian adjacent anyway it hardly makes a difference

I collected for you a list of 55 Trump scandals.
pastebin.com/hN7sK27A

It's an incomplete list, but it covers some of his criminal actions, and how he pushed for legislation that is literally going to kill americans

>And that's the exact sort of attitude that made West Virginai's Governor switch party affiliations, TODAY, to Republican, during a Trump rally.
Was that the exciting announcement he was teasing? Wow that's something.

Sure hope Mueller's grand jury didn't overshadow that stunning development.

We really should have adopted the ISIL name. Even if it would have taken a few seconds to explain what the Levant is.

Well-played.

Yeah, exactly.

This is DC we're talking about here. Marvel's the sinister company. DC's just... fucking stupid.

The Copts say hi.

>She is literally powered by the goddess

Oh.
That just makes this even more retarded.

Why would should ever be Muslim when a literal Egyptian Goddess is fueling her powers?
The Muslim faith pretty much says she isn't allowed to believe in the very goddess giving her magic juice.

If I were Isis I'd cut that little bitch loose and tell her to go get her magic from Allah if he's so damn great.

It's like Jesus Christ coming down from on high, telling you "My Child, do not trust The Jew. Here is the blade of Archangel Michael. Use it to smite the forces of evil in the name of God our father.", and then immediately going out and converting to Judaism.

Diversity is nice because it showcases different perspectives and life experiences. This however is beyond dumb because it's using diversity as a reactionary means to garner attention even down to the goddamn name and outfit. Most big corporations don't actually give a shit about these things and are desperately jumping on the newest hip bandwagon to stay relevant.

Why would a non-egyptian muslim form her image after an ancient egyptian god?

>Changing a character's faith for diversity points
>Co-opting symbols from a different faith to promote Islam
>Using a name most people associate with an Islamic terror group as the name of your Muslim heroine
They did a lot of dumb shit here, user, don't even play.

wow, do you see me complaining about obama or trying to defend trump, or are you pretending i am because it helps your argument? take your pseudo-intellectual bullshit elsewhere

1. "The television character appeared in several late 1970s DC Comics publications"
shes been around since at least the 70s

2. Yes, Isis is an egyptian goddess as i said in the OP. And they are taking a heroine named after the goddess of one religion, who gets her powers from ancient egyptian gods, and saying shes muslim. Thats like making moonknight christian

Of course he doesn't

He doesn't read comics

The worst part is that Thawne has been shown to be able to easily to rip out Atom's heart through his armor before, but when the final fight comes he's just punching him around like an idiot.

>and fuck white people

No. He's saying that a Muslim woman gets her powers from ancient Egyptian mythology, yet is still somehow a Muslim.

God in the DCU hangs out as a cute dog though, what do you mean?

Also Judas had his own ongoing for a bit.

This.
Even from a story standpoint, this makes no sense.
It's really obvious they just wanted a token brown person so that all the 20-somethings on Twitter will think the CW is super #woke for #resisting so hard.

Shes Isis in name only. CW doesnt fucking care, they saw a brown chick they could use and made her Muslim for diversity points. Combine that with her being another hacker because CW literally cant do anything else except hack shit half the time. But I guess its ironically fitting, CW verse hacking practically is magic

>And that's the exact sort of attitude that made West Virginai's Governor switch party affiliations, TODAY, to Republican, during a Trump rally.
And here I thought it was because he was the CEO of a Coal Company.

>Why would should ever be Muslim when a literal Egyptian Goddess is fueling her powers?
The same way Billy Batson is a Christian but is powered by Greek Gods.

People rarely talk about this but Republicans actually lost a few senate seats from 2014 to 2016.

i predict Democrats will win a majority in 2018, but this is not a prediction with 100% confidence. i still think its the most likely scenerio

To be fair she could not buy the whole Egyptians being the true gods despite the power up.

>Muslim that obtains supernatural powers from Ancient Egyptian mythology
>Not a heretic who would be killed

Yikes

No place for logic in this thread, friendo

Trumps idiocy aside, the general public is currently sick of liberal shit and is swinging back to conservative. Dont worry, Im sure it will swing the other way by 2022

>itt normies think dc's isis is a new character just for this decision
Hey Sup Forums do you like comics?

You are wrong, people are actually becoming more liberal, which is why Bernie Sanders is the most popular senator in the US right now.

The democratic party is not liberal enough for liberals anymore

>People rarely talk about this
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Thats not even what irony means

>Was that the exciting announcement he was teasing? Wow that's something.
>Sure hope Mueller's grand jury didn't overshadow that stunning development.

And it is indeed stunning.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention_to_propose_amendments_to_the_United_States_Constitution

34 governors can EDIT THE CONSTITUTION.

As in, re-write the very core code of all America.

And if you think the poor benighted souls in 'flyover country' aren't pissed-off enough to actually do it, well, I will direct your attention to the White House.

So, yes. When the Republicans get to a clear 34-state lead in governorships, that's a big fucking deal.

Now, is it likely? No. But it's not impossible.

>general public
The thing both sides have wrong is the the majority of the public really doesn't care. They're fed up and tired of scandals, idiocy and incompetence, no matter if they're red or blue. Most Americans didn't even vote in the last election.

So, another comic ruined because of political bullshit or was already a shit comic before this?

ultimately allowing Sup Forums to post here was a mistake, should have banned live action when TDK came out

Of course Sup Forumsmblr doesn't like comics.

>tone-deaf
It's always weird seeing sjw words around here.