Gunnerkrigg Court

>Anja just can't stand to see a good scientific expedition go to waste.

Other urls found in this thread:

topatoco.com/collections/gunnerkrigg/products/gk-coyote-plush
youtube.com/watch?v=0DviyuGNeWc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>-------------------
>After so long, he's finally here... Your very own Coyote plush! He's 30cm large and looks just as good in real life as it does in the picture. Stop by my Topatoco store while they are still in stock!
topatoco.com/collections/gunnerkrigg/products/gk-coyote-plush

Surma's a bit fed up of all her friends, isn't she.

>rolls her eyes at Tony's autism
>frustrated at Anja's overly sensitive worries

I guess Tony makes her wet with the science on their expedition. Whatever they're actually expeditioning.

hey check out tinyhead mcgee over here

Is Surma mad about Anja being a whiny crybaby?

cutie

i guess everyone was surprised because surma's not really the scientific type? or maybe the surprise is from her offering so suddenly. it makes me wonder if she and anthony were on bad terms to begin with, but the events in that one flashback with brinnie make me think otherwise.

She's frustrated at Tony making things worse.

she's not frustated with anja. she's upset that her friend is even more upset than before and that it's SORT OF tony's fault

I think it's both

Oh yeah, Brinnie exists.

this has to be a series of flashbacks and events leading up to them falling in love. eglamore seems significantly older in this page, and judging by his appearance in S1 i feel like some time passed between here and the flashback we're currently seeing

Did you somehow miss all the pages leading up to this flashback?

Does she?

unless eglamore was making her think or feel otherwise, i still feel like it's super weird for her to be so contemptuous towards anthony when before it seemed like she at least had some concern over him. like in this first panel. she's the only other person besides donnie who looks back with worry after he turns brinnie down.

i guess that dating eglamore and being friends with tony for a few years made her go from being concerned to being like, "what the fuck is wrong with this guy"

i'm not sure how this is even a relevant question since i'm literally just speculating where this chapter is taking place in the timeline but okay buddie

the way anja phrased it it could have been one singular moment where they fell in love, but the way things are playing out it seems more likely that this is one in a series of events we'll be seeing in this chapter

On the other hand, he'd probably have undergone his training since then, which has a tendency to make you expand incredibly. He doesn't seem like he's undergone that swolling here.

I get the impression that the scene in the page you posted happens sometime after the one from today. The current flashback might just be the point when she first starts seeing Tony as his own person instead of "that loser who tags along with Donny".

if that's the case, he might have JUST begun his training here. and surma does mention in S1 that he's off training somewhere. i kind of wish that the timeline of events was more clear but it'll probably be made clear in the end

the only thing that's kind of helping now that i'm looking is donny's hair style lmao. that means that the flashback in the chapter that page is from happens at least a couple of years before the one we're currently looking at!

Yeah, it's probably frustration with Tony's shit. No one knew him as well as Donnie, and Surma's bf likely had nothing but bad things to say about the guy. It makes sense that she would think he's insensitive and not just a sperghetti monster.

I donn't know, was the last time we saw her mentioned? Maybe she up and left the comic itself out of frustration.

Despite weirdness with Tony's head, they are all clearly at least a little older. Mid-teens in the Microsat 5 flashback, late teens/twenties in the current one.

see, i get a totally different impression, but what makes it a lot harder to gauge is the fact that tom's art style changes so frequently that it's difficult to tell when things are happening. and it helps to add context to these types of things.

if this current chapter is taking place AFTER that scene, it seems super weird that she would initially be concerned for him and then show obvious annoyance with him. but i guess i would be annoyed too if i had a socially awkward friend who was making my best friend more upset as a result of their social awkwardness. eglamore is probably not helping with this, like i said

>Maybe she up and left the comic itself out of frustration
AND SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!

She just reacted to "two men" thing, without realizing the rest of the conversation.

> OI'M OIRSH LIKE ME MUM BLESS HER HEART DUNCHA NOH
I've completely misread this accent haven't I

She's Cornish, not an ork from WH40K

YA GIT

Has anyone asked Tom if his next webcomic will also feature emotionally constipated people playing off of the mentally retarded

According to the wiki, that's the last time we saw her, yes.
That's over 5 years in real life, and i guess it's one and a half year in-comic

Remember though, she's from Asgard, so maybe she was only to stay at the court for a really short while?
Still doesn't explain why she can't just Valknut herself back in, though

It is interesting that there's this character who was clearly close friends with the parent generation, who simply isn't brought up at all in the present storyline. Aside from Donnie bringing her up in relation to Tony.

What accent does Surma have?

I was going with eloquent cockney.

Cornish, seeing how Annie's confirmed to have some of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=0DviyuGNeWc

I wonder if Tony sounds like this.

Well, we've still only seen two pages of this flashback, so it's probably going to happen.

Yeah, i know.
Could be they just drifted apart, i guess that's the easiest explanation.
could also be that she just didn't bother coming back after Tony failed to accept her. I don't think Donald would've included that in his retelling of the story

>eloquent cockney

Doesn't exist

I want one, I wish he had wider eyes though

>Doesn't randomly shift into various crazy shapes

No buy

That page is the webcomic equivalent to that Stand Alone Complex episode with Major and the homeless boy

>Doesn't have a laughing soundbox that nobody can switch off or even find inside the doll.

>Tony never loved Surma
>Just had to get married because he knocked her up

That bait is so shit, even Boxbot is disappointed with you.

Didn't you hear him woman?! It's a two MAN expedition!

That look.
>Stop crying you annoying bitch!

Surma is terrible.

Did Eggs hate Tony before he stole his waifu away and killed her with his cock?

I mean, who turns down a date with a Valkyrie? Much less, THE Brynhildr?

I know this character is supposed to have an (Irish?) accent, but the writer's ignorance and laziness has her "sounding" like like Ben Grimm.

Shameful.

Why Irish?

Tom has mentioned having particular British accents in mind for characters before; why don't you ask him what teen Surma is supposed to sound like?

>writer's ignorance and laziness

At least try with your bait, capefag.

which one, user?

Tony's autism is pretty easy to understand this time; he already said it was fine so why would Anja second-guess that when he just states a fact?

There are plenty of examples where competent writers create convincing accents through written dialogue. He should just crib that if he can't be assed to do it himself.
Yeah, he must write an entire page of dialogue a week, along with his newspaper comic-tier artwork. Not to mention the "Poor Man's Harry Potter" remedial storytelling.

Creators like Ashley Cope could produce this sort of shit as a side project and not notice.

Using "ya" and "an' " could mean anything, she could be from Joisey.
The writer is failing hard at conveying an accent. If she's meant to be gaelic, he doesn't have to make her sound like a cartoon Leprechaun, but what he's gone with is weaksauce.

Oh god what if this is her way of playing matchmaker.

both

I'm more confused as to why the accent is written in this flashback but not in any other.

Is this just Anja's retelling the story by making funny voices?

see? now that wasn't so hard to do, now was it? with a just a little bit of effort, u too can be a single-faceted mmm

mmm?

how come sometimes Annie has tiddy and butt and sometimes she looks like a little girl

So Surma cucked Eggy with Tony?

We learned that 50 chapters ago.

Annie's design gets tweaked a lot.

This image is years out of date, but it gives you some idea.

He didn't think much of him, but this is the only panel we've ever seen so far, I believe, about his pre-murder-cockening opinion of Tony.

zimmy

In Chapter 22, Ties, Surma's shown saying stuff like "me serious face", "say that to me face", "hafta", "you should zappen him", "woulda teached him".

My man

It's kind of funny how much teenage Eglamore looks like your typical YA novel hero. He goes to a magic school, is chosen to be its next protector and to gain special powers, he has two badass mentors plus a not-dragon pet, and his friends are a bunch of quirky nerds plus his hot redhead gf. He even has the "average, but actually handsome" look.

Imagine how out of nowhere Surma getting with Tony must have been from his pov.

>hot redhead
And Eggers still carries a torch for her

>never got over his high school girlfriend
A little pathetic tee-bee-kyuu

>wanting chibi coyote
can you imagine how fucking terrifying he would be with big staring anime eyes?

Teenage crushes are the most important thing in YA land. Dudes can't just get over it, it's against the rules of the genre.

At least Egg sort of tries to not be too much of a douche about it.

Anja looks so cute crying.

aw, how cute. someone who can criticize an entire accent based off 3 sentences.

What's YA?

Young Adult, because it sounds better than Teen Romance.

>no one is pointing out Anja's eyes being open enough to actually see them
Have they ever been this open before this is some Brock shit

cute

>meanwhile, has a hot serial /ss/ woman drapping herself over him and is known to be dedicated for life
What a fucking pleb

Look at the retard she isn't allowed to slap sensible

I still can't believe we were supposed to feel sorry for this twat because his reason for treating Harry like shit was that he wanted to fuck his mother. If anything it makes it even worse.

Neat