Ms. Marvel is only a well written character under G Willow Wilson, even then...

Ms. Marvel is only a well written character under G Willow Wilson, even then, her solo has kinda sucked since Secret Wars, and she's an absolute cunt in every team appearance, just being critical and condescending of the Avengers, Champions, Secret Warriors, etc...

So is Kamala a good character? Or a character who had one good arc with cute art?

Wilson writes her best (since, you know, she CREATED her), and the team appearances are all done by different authors. I'll admit post Secret Wars the arcs have been falling a bit short, but Kamala's characterization has been solid.

She's basically millennial Peter Parker when he first started out. She's a good kid but still doesnt know a few things, so she makes mistakes and fucks things up from time to time. Most anons think that made her less likable, but I enjoy seeing her fuck up and trying to make things right later on.

Also am I the only one who found the whole lesbian likes her best friend sub-plot absolutely adorable?

Wilson writes her best but still not very well

She's a good character when being written by the woman that conceptualized her. When put in the hands of white writers (pretty much everyone else at marvel,) she becomes a mouthpiece for their politics, which is formed from a childish outside perspective rather than her own experiences and resulting beliefs.

>When put in the hands of white writers

Uh, what does race have to do with it?

Wilson makes Kamala a mouthpiece too though

The latest issue is a good example of this.

They're pointing out that all the white writers at marvel have had their brains rotted out by their political agendas. That's not the complete truth though, since it implies that doesn't apply to the non-whites as well.

>Is she a good character?

No. She coasts by on CUTE! I LOVE KAMALA! CUTE!. In a few years she'll be at Sleepwalker/ Shogun Warriors levels of popularity.

Long lasting superheros are challenged. They are threatened and harmed. They worry about failing their friends and family.

Jon Kent has faced more danger and more serious threats than Kamala.

Superman's ten year old son who isn't considered ready enough to be on the Teen Titans has faced danger far beyond what Kamala "I fought Edison the talking chicken" Khan has. And Marvel put her on the Avengers, totally bypassing Avengers Academy.

Kamala is doomed to dustbin of obscurity because Marvel treats her like a trophy when the key to making long lasting superheroes is to give them black eyes and punches to the face.

I will never not be mad that Finesse and Hazmat haven't showed up and kicked Kamala's ass

See this? This is arguably Marvel's greatest character in terms of popularity and cultural impact.

Kamala has never been treated like this.

Fear not, best ship is here.

That is a bad example since Jon's book is as bland as any of your generic Marvel books and only liked by comfy fags.

>This is a bad example
>Doesn't explain why any of the points are wrong

The fact remains Jon has actually been threatened by credible threats.

This is what Kamala on the other hand has to deal with.

Are you seriously arguing you can't see my point?

I am particularly disgusted how Bendis and Waid write her.
Bendis makes her a bland romantic interest tease for Miles while Waid writes her like Bendis but as a mouthpiece too.
It's such a shame, because Kamala's conception was very clean, cute and relatable to any teen or adult that had harsh teen years with strict religious parents
Not having her own universe really hurts her, because her character progression is forced by the editorial. She should have never become an Avenger so early.

>IS A CHARACTER WHO IS ONLY GOOD WHEN WRITTEN BY A GOOD WRITER A GOOD CHARACTER

Are you an idiot? Like, an actual idiot?

>serious threats
That doesn't make him a well written character. The first arc where he gets threatened by a "real" threat by eradicator was dogshit.

you're on Sup Forums

Right. What was I thinking?

Probably some Sup Forums reject who's read ten comics in his life and still thinks there are good and bad characters in capes.

>Bendis can't write teenagers well even though he wrote the most successful teenage series of the century
>Waid can't write teenagers even though he wrote the seminal Impulse and currently the popular Archie
maybe Kamala is just a shit character

>Bendis can't write teenagers well even though he wrote the most successful teenage series of the century
Bendis can't write at all right now. Miles' storytelling suffered a lot as it went on in the last 5 years. For that matter, Bendis writes teenage boys, he's bad at writing girls if they're not romantic interests.
>Waid can't write teenagers even though he wrote the seminal Impulse and currently the popular Archie
Waid went nuts after Daredevil. Hell, maybe during the last year of Daredevil. Dunno what happened to him
>maybe Kamala is just a shit character
you're fucking retarded, they aren't even writing her in character according to her solo

what is this and how can i see more

I support this ship just because Robbie's world is so messed up bringing Kamala into the middle of that would be hilarious

Haram

I like Sleepwalker.

Honestly her facing little threat would be 100 percent fine in her own little bubble, you don't freak out when the cartoon guys never bleed or anything. You just accept that in this particular boundary, there are set levels that are not exceeded, it's the basis of 'threat' in every medium imaginable. Her only fighting a bird is fine, if the comic is based around that level of danger and struggle. I mean it's not like Superman's early threats were that dangerous to him, lets be perfectly honest here.

The problem is they immediately shoved her onto teams that fight threat levels wwwaaayyyyy above that and into events where the stakes are ridiculously high. By breaking that illusion of 'threat' they broke the illusion of her bubble. Now, on it's own, this isn't so bad. The bubble was burst with Spider Man when Goblin killed Gwen(Or rather he killed Gwen), but that character moved onto the new level just fine. It still had silly threats and silly stories, but it maintained the level of danger with it in other stories. Problem is, the comic hasn't caught up with that yet.

>took down huge mecha POWERED BY FORSAKEN CHILDREN
>took on Hydra directly
>fell for a total douche that vowed to personally make her family suffer
>helped out in any way she could when the world was literally ending
>was a freaking Avenger
>took on Hydra AGAIN
>had the guts to tell her hero, to her face, that she was being a total cunt
>currently has public opinion against her, can/will be arrested on sight

>hasn't faced serious dangers

Sure, user. Sure....

I want to KISS Kamala!

>Being this flustered about a DC comic that you can't see the point

>Jon Kent has faced more danger and more serious threats than Kamala.

And?

I don't know why people are obsessed with physical abuse and comparing one character to another when books can have different tones to cater to different groups of people.

You want a book where the character gets put through abuse to prove they're a hero. Fine you have hundreds of them. Read away. Let different types of books exist.

And yes I argue the same to "SJWs" that want to change books to be more like other books they read. All these kinds of books can coexist. They should coexist.

>The problem is they immediately shoved her onto teams that fight threat levels wwwaaayyyyy above that and into events where the stakes are ridiculously high.

Absolutely this. Marvel put a character that should remain small time on a book with characters that have been shoved into the hole left by their legacies (Champions), so fought their villains. While Ms. Marvel took Carol's name she never stepped into her role and I think that's why she's more popular than the others.

I don't remember the mecha fight but..
>Took on Hydra Directly
Before Secret Empire, her "Hydra" was that Chuck Worthy "Drumphf" expy that was comically inept and she trounced him in the most vapid "lol OMG uh I'm a superhero Yaas" way possible. He wasn't a main contender for the true danger Hydra can deal and he was a cheezy Saturday Morning Cartoon villian who wanted to be mayor of her shitty district in Jersey but not in a Kingpin or Doom threat level. Post Civil War II into Secret Empire anyone who wants to be a rebel has to fight Hydra so it's less about her and more about everyone wanting to be the "Resistance".
>Fell for a douche that vowed to personally make her family suffer
She found out about him being shady early on but kept dating him because she wanted to be a fashionable muslim to keep he dad happy (which goes against all the "spunk" I everyone lords over her)
If Kamran was a Muslim Jihadist instead of an Inhuman Jihadist then it would have some pull but Kamala is constantly flip flopping between brownosing the Inhuman royalty and pitching shade not because of honor or beliefs, but when it can benefit her the most. While others have got bad ex's before, she fell into Kamran's trap by being one of the most vapid cunts possible.
>Helped out any way she could when the world was literally ending
Only so she could meet Carol Danvers. Orginally she was going to have her family leave and then saw Yaas Queen and wanted a piece of that glory pie, not because she cares about people (though she gave a nice soapbox speech later that makes people think she does).
>Was a freaking Avenger
Literally made one for teen diversity and it was explained in book that it was honorary so Carol could go Yass with her. To be fair she rejects it because she realizes it was just to make her a status quo puppet but in the end it was more about ego than actually helping people.

Sup Forumsddit doesn't read comics.

>Guts to tell Carol off
Not really. The redhead that became a villian she told off and she did a quivering lip sob talk (talking like she's on the verge of crying) to Carol not actually telling her off. She went back to brown nosing her afterwards though and just stopped being a goon for her but let her keep Minority Reporting people until she could Yass Queen with Tony at the end of Civil War II. In fact she only tells of Tony to be spunky but becomes a limp lipped coward in front of Carol.
>Currently has public opinion against her, can/will be arrested on sight
As an Inhuman yes but even then she kinda shit the bed because of bad editing and more heel turns in IvX. She talks a big game about being there for people and having foresight but she tends to be a goon who shacks up with those who feed her ego and then heel turns to save face. She knew the Terrigen Gas killed mutants way before IvX and even comments about it in her own book, Sure they pull the "she only jumped because she thought the inhumans were in danger and didn't know about the gas cloud" but that's also shown as a lie because in Champions she talks about how she saw Hitlerclops in her mind tell her about why mutants would fight the inhuman to destroy the gas cloud because it was killing/sterilizing them. She has another heel turn and does a pity cry to save face but just like Medusa saying that "No mutant life was worth dying to gas" it was all for ego/spin again. They're trying to turn the Inhumans into nuMutants but it's hard when they were the one gassing the minority and playing it off plus Inhumans 911'd Stark Tower and several other places.
>Serious Dangers
Yes in Secret Empire but that's just the current iteration of the world gone to shit and not a daily basis thing of having a credible threat against her. Yes this is dangerous but only now when everything is balls to the wall. Beforehand she was just Ms. Irreverent pop-hero #4F.

He's also had to deal with Damian who simultaneously brings out the best (come on, Robin. Let's do the right thing here! We can be heroes just like our dads! I believe in us!) and worst (you are the worst person I have ever met, Damian. And I have fought bonafide super villains. I sometimes pray that your dumb cape gets caught in a wind turbine) in Jon.

The point of the photo was that Wilson is also White. This is likely why they have Amanat, the book's editor, do a lot of the promotional interviews and appearances for the book, misleading casuals into thinking she's the writer.

The character is good, the problem is the current writing making her too preachy.
There is nothing wrong with including issues like discrimination and pointing out there're many racist white people (and from others race too of course), but there's a point when the comic started turning into a blatant mouthpiece for the editors which seems more aimed to exploit militant liberals than to provide entertainment to the supposed target audience (muslim teenagers).

And btw i'm neither white nor a Sup Forumsfaggot.

>beheadings
>stonings
>acid attacks
>terror attacks
>women subjugation

no matter how hard Marvel tries to make Islam look cute always remember to say fuck Islam!

I think Kamala is a great, well-written character, but I also agree with you here. She's got a strong personality and a fantastic supporting cast, but she needs better threats.

wilson mouth pieces for her too. Like the milllenial stuff in the bird arc. Or Zoe being semi racist

>mouthpiece

Is that what you call writing a story for a demographic a salty nerd on Sup Forums can't relate to?

Unless you expected Carol to kill her I would call that dangerous.

I want Garth Ennis to write Kamala.

I like her in secret warriors

Please post smallified Kamala.