'Black Panther' is what Black people desperately need right now

us.blastingnews.com/opinion/2017/08/black-panther-is-what-black-people-desperately-need-right-now-001905047.html

I'll have a hearty chuckle when this bombs because no white people went to see it

I don't need that shit.

Black people need a movie about racist black people who hate any blacks who weren't born in Wakanda?

I'll gain no pleasure from it, but yeah, this.
American will go out of white guilt, but that can only get you so art-movie money. Europe won't care either way, so it'll live or die on it being good. And it will be mediocre.
Meanwhile asians will actively avoid it.
It's gonna be the lowest grossing Marvel movie. It has a 50-50 chance of beating Ant-Man.

Reminder that Asians and Latinos are double the market black people are, not nearly represented as much, and dont throw fucking bitchfits about it.

fuck drumpf

We had Hancock, which was one of the most successful superhero films of all time, static shock and black lightning.

Why do liberals feel the need to speak for me? Though I appreciate it sometimes.

>It's gonna be the lowest grossing Marvel movie.
That's Spider-Man

>Why do liberals feel the need to speak for me?
Grabbing at power by pretending to be saving the poor, helpless minorities is how they roll.

I sure love discussing comics and cartoons.

Yup, same trick conservatives do with pandering to the "disenfranchised" older generation with religious values.
>The world is against you! Follow my group and we'll help turn things around
^ Repubs to old people and Dems to minorities

no, what black people desperately need right now is education, non-corrupt leadership, and to be genuinely given a hand up rather than handouts in exchange for votes

not a fucking pandering movie

did Ant-Man manage to break 500mil worldwide?

I am so fucking sick of hearing people whine about how gamergate, which had NOTHING to do with Sup Forums, ruined Sup Forums.

Thank you, whites. What would we blacks do without you?

And positive father figures

It brought a new brood of ebin activists.

Jesus Christ, DChads are so desperate for Marvel to fail. Sorry to disappoint but Marvel Studios is literally the only good Marvel thing right now.

No, it didn't. Your victim complex did.

Why are words randomly highlighted in this discharge?

>don't say anything
>not represented as much
really makes you think

Creed was a great movie. Been into BP since Coogler was announced as the director. Don't care that it is a "black" movie or whatever.

No I fucking don't.

Do you understand that you are the audience for this shit OP? People write articles like this to get clicks. They don't care if you share and click because you like it, or because you get mad. You just fed into this cycle.

you'd be starving to death and dying of aids in Africa

YES YOU DO
NOW VOTE FOR MICHELLE AND SHUT THE FUCK UP

What? How is that a response to a hard concrete piece of data?

>started here
>like a new Sup Forums thread every 5 minutes at peak
>became an international and widely commented on media story, attracting yet more faggots to Sup Forums
>NOTHING to do with Sup Forums

a group of people who's skin is different color than other people need a multi million dollar movie, made by a gigantic corporation thats made the same thing for the past 5 years?

You people are fucking delusional. It's going to perform extremely well, like Wonder Woman did.

Because there are a million things that could have started that spike

No non Avengers movie will ever do Wonder Woman numbers again after people saw Spider-Man.
I'm sorry, it's over.

I am german.
I feel disadvantaged by Marvel.
There are only german villains.
When do I get my movie with a hero, that wants to safe the world? I am tired of watching "Der Untergang" so many times.

the old guy in avengers was nice.

Idk, practicing cannibalism?

>White
>Disadvantaged
You're lucky you don't live in Germany or you'd be in jail right now

Black guy here.

No, The Black Panther isnt what "Black People" need. The Black Panther is a "AFRICAN" super hero that is the king of a Xenophobic people.

Funny thing is one of their Princes is a Caucasian.

And slavery.
Blacks just love slavery.

>this is what americans tell themselves as they are rushed to the ER.

as long as the (((6 million))) run hollywood that's all you'll ever be

Why are Leftists so hateful?

>yfw Black Panther does shit and cyborg does better.

I can't wait for Captain Marvel 2 to be entirely about Islam proving that Muslims are people whose lives begin and end with their religion and they don't think of anything else ever

Y'all don't even make threads for this movie unless it's bait shit

Sup Forums is so wack sometimes

> Also

I don't really care about the Race of the characters but everyone hyping this moving on the fact 90% of the people in this movie are black is a terrible way to market a movie.

Who do these people constantly say we shouldn't look at race because we're all human/equal/one race etc etc

but then make movies all about race?

ITT: bait chucking user posts an article by literally who bloggers, gets others triggered and more shitposters pretend they're black
Great thread

Difference is, Spider-Man was going through his second reboot in such a short amount of time. It's only been, like what, 3 years since ASM2? The general public is getting tired of Spidey.

Meanwhile with Black Panther, this is the first time he's ever getting a movie. People are interested. They're getting hyped after Civil War.

>Old white people can carry a political party alone
>Only old white people vote (R)
Please stop with this meme.

That's because only niggers feel entitled to be in everything. Other people don't really care.

The issue is Latinos (latin americans) have ethnic identities, they are like the Eastern Orthodox Church, one thing, but with many national churches (Russian, Serbian, Greek etc). And Brazilians resent being called that, their relationship to Spanish speaking America is more like cousins than brothers.
A Mexican American hero does nothing for a Colombian or Chilean.
And in general, they just dont care, common sense to some degree still prevails, and it seems normal to people that media made in the USA mainly has white Americans.
The lack of diversity accusations are always a slippery slope, you will never represent everyone, and if you represent everyone, it will be unrealistic. Gays are like 3-5% of the population, trannies must be like 0.00something. You cant have minorities in every team.

The healthiest thing is to ignore every quota and do whatever you want to do from your heart.
When Claremont had X-Men teams with a majority of women, it was because he really liked his mutant women (Storm, Kitty, Rachel, Rogue, Psylocke, later Dazzler), not because it was a femminist statement.

I think Marvel should just push the idea that their comics only represent superhero events of the USA, as an answer to the lack of diversity accusations, and that China for example has their own superheroes who also save the world, you just dont see it in Marvel comics. That idea was pushed in one of the cancelled inhuman books, the issue with the Collective Man from China.

I am Argentine xmen fan btw
basically, Morrison had the right idea with the X Corporation with offices all over the world

I hope you realize this is literally just "squeaky wheel gets the grease".

>Why do liberals feel the need to speak for me?

Because they want someone they can feel superior towards, and who better than an entire race they try to be the mentor and saviour towards? Their desire to be your protector stems from their belief that they can protect you better than you can.

>People are interested. They're getting hyped after Civil War.
Lol

A lot of the controversy started here on Sup Forums when mods kept deleted threads, so people relocated the threads to Sup Forums

The gamergaters, who only wanted to know what the deal with video games, were then "redpilled" by a fuckton of Sup Forums's gross anti-women, anti-SJW rhetoric

More Sup Forumstards meant more Sup Forums leaking onto the rest of Sup Forums and the rest of the internet

>it had nothing to do with Sup Forums
lol.

This.

Cyborg is a flagship Justice League member.

Black Panther is pandering (at least in the movie)

If Marvel was serious about """""diversity"""""" they would have had a black on the Avengers roster. Also more than one woman. A woman that could do more than shoot a handgun

>other people don't really care
Then why is this always brought up literally every time there's a representation discussion? It's always phrased like it's a problem when the solution is shown right fucking there.

Pretty much

>Cyborg is a flagship Justice League member.
Lol

So you live under a rock is what you're telling me?

I find it funny that people/Republicans croon on about this and then vote in measures to try and jail blacks on the flimsiest of charges, and continue to tell themselves that they totally want to help turn blacks around. Even though it's quite literally a voting strategy to talk about how you'll get those dangerous blacks

Also, if you look at America's history, just about any and every attempt at black people trying to help themselves was attacked and had various attempts of being torn down, and people constantly think of ways to GET THE DANGEROUS DARKS

>Can't teach those slaves to read! What do they need it for? They're invalids only good for obeying us!
>Can't let those darkies have land or money! They think they're better than us? Fuck that!
>These niggers don't deserve the GI Bill HANDOUTS everyone else got!
>You stay in these shit schools with no funding. Don't you dare come over here.
>Hey, darkies! We're building highways, and we've planned them to go through YOUR neighborhoods, schools and library! Everyone get out. Don't like it, too fucking bad
>The right to vote? You blacks don't need NOR deserve it! Fucking terrorist commies!
>Don't want blacks in these places. Get the red market out, boys.
>You can't live here if your family is too big. Men folk, out! ....Can you believe how loathesome the black man is, abandoning his family all the time? Can't trust'em!

I mean, Jesus Christ.
It's like you people neglected to send them back to Africa when you had to the chance just so you could have an underclass to slap around because there weren't enough Native American's to go around anymore.

Can't they do Blade instead? this looks borring

You know I'm glad they're making a movie about black people that isn't trying to be a typical uplifting movie about black people overcoming adversity but to say it's what we need is going way too far. Also isn't kind of shallow to just lump onto something solely because of skin color? Also Africans and American blacks are really distant from each other so is it really fair to actually call this representation?

You mean to tell me there are people here who are intelligent, genuinely care about black people and aren't just racist as shit?

We need to stop giving blacks harsher sentences for the same crimes that whitey commits and also reform the shit out of our prison system. God, our prison system is terrible. We need to reintegrate them into society better so we don't just get a bunch of repeat offenders.

user, please.

Casual pls

>"Stop turning existing comic book characters black! If you want black superheroes so bad just make your own or use the many that already exist."
>Black Panther trailer drops
>"Haven't we had enough black superhero movies? Why do they feel the need to do this?"

This is exactly what this thread is.

>WAAAAAHH WHY DID TRAFFIC INCREASE WHEN SAMSUNG PHONES BECAME THE MAJORITY MOBILE DEVICES
>FUCKING GOOBERGATE

Literally kill yourself

Hancock was complete shit.

Also I doubt you're black.

Is that One Punch Man RIGHT FUCKING THERE! I believe everything that man says, that chick is being a cunt

Asian/Latinos have entire countries that pander directly too them, while blacks are left too far removed from anything related to Africa to look at.

Also, they never really seem too fucking interested in making their voices heard until it's time to use black people as a footstool after they try to garner some minority presence in media.

Hey, maybe if you guys actually bust a move now and then, they wouldn't have had Makoto Kursanagi played by ScarJo. No, let black people do the fighting, and swoop in to the party late in the day, and ask why you're not getting enough cake.

Why the fuck are """news""" sites dragging this through a racial divide? I'm gonna go see it because Black Panther is awesome, that's it.

I agree esp the downtrodden blacks that are in africa. they need a beacon, a shining light, to show them how great they really are.

i think someone should start a petition to make disney broadcast Black Panther all over africa for free 8 months after its dvd release. every african tv station and movie theatre needs to show this movie for free. this movie could save a whole continent. not kidding.

yeah, and that thing was gamer gate

they need to desperately grow up

Not only is this an abvious case of both "who are you quoting?" and ">implying Sup Forums is one user" but I haven't even heard anything like the second sentiment. And yes, I agree 100% with the first quote. Nobody should be race-swapped in any direction, except Psylocke, because that was her gimmick.

this just may be crazy enough to work

i support it

I fucking dare you to prove me wrong.

No, seriously. Prove me wrong. Educate me on how Cyborg isn't on the JL roster.

The chick is the inhuman Crystal, the man talking is the Collective Man, as strong as the 1300 million Chinese combined. IIRC his team is called something like Peoples Defence Force. I dont know if the other members have names. That is a One Punch Man reference for sure.

Kurt motherfucking Wagner.

>Black guy here.

who gives a fuck

You have Nightcrawler, thats pretty good

anyone else hoping they do something between Michael B. Jordan's character and Cap?
both are played by actors who played a human torch

>isn't even in the JL picture you just posted

you're doing my job for me

>It's like you people neglected to send them back to Africa when you had to the chance

This. That's one of Americas greatest mistakes right there. A nation should never try to integrate its former slaves in its society. Just send them back to the Africas. Now It's too late though.

What is Martian Manhunter doing now in the comics?

>I am german.
>There are only german villains.
Try Spaniard, at least you have something

It's just fan art of DC characters flipping you off you dumb piece of shit.

Is Cyborg on the JL roster? Yes? No?

might have read the comment wrong

i thought the second guy was saying we don't need any more black comic book movies because we had Hancock

@94412293
>I was just pretending to be retarded

you sure are a faggot. not even gonna give you (you)s anymore

This.
Cyborg is only important to the justice league when they can't get someone else (Steel or Mister Terrific, for example) to be the tech guy.

I loved that bit. Old dude was sitting there hearing Loki boast, probably thought, "whelp, heard this bullshit before..." and got up on general principle.

His "There are always men like you." line was probably the most damage Loki received in the whole film

>only stupid people vote R
Fixed.

> What has now been dubbed "New Black Cinema" is making way on the big screen, and the next big thing is 'Black Panther'.
>Made mostly by white people
Somewhere out there Spike Lee, Melvin Van Peebles, Gordon Parks, Richard Roundtree and Michael Campus are reacting with disgust

sure is summer in here

Well, if you know your history, the simple fact of the matter is that America, really, really, REALLY likes it's racial hierarchy system, and nobody really cares about it until there's some spillover on their lawn. A lot of people are pretty interested in police brutality now, but when it was just the blacks talking about it, the answer was "why can't you fucks get it together!" The Irish/Polish/Italians/Immigrants from the "wrong places in Europe" used to be those guys (the great Chicago fire was blamed on an Irish woman just because Fuck-the-Irish), but as soon as they got in good as White People, they jumped on board the "Fuck-Those-Guys" train too.

Obviously not EVERYONE is a fucking victim, not everyone is entitled to reparations, and so on and so forth. Some people blame their problems on white people, and there are under achievers and problems many other groups of people have.

But, there's quite literally a daisy-chain of "How can we get at the niggers this time? How do we make sure they don't get the things WE have, and what THEY don't deseve" going on in America, many attempts coming directly from the governing powers that can be tied right back to slavery, and people still act incredulous/insulted when black people point it out, or just filter it out to be "more negro excuses!" North Carolina, THIS YEAR just got caught rigging the election making it extremely difficult for blacks to vote, and all they had to say about it was "Ooops! The other guys would have done it too anyway, I guess!"

Abolitionism was happening after slavery, the South moaned and whined, and the North eased up on them, and instead of just leaving them be, here come the Black Codes, dedicated to making sure those darkies know their place in the world.

I don't know guys. Maybe if after slavery was abolished and it was actually kept that way, we could actually talk about comics and cartoons on the comics and cartoons board...But well, here we are.

>I'm still bitter about losing the election

I Fucking laugh at every Democrat with a sore asshole

Didn't they just have an 8 year presidency?