Valt The Wonder Deer has been airing in the UK. It could certainly be better animated...

Valt The Wonder Deer has been airing in the UK. It could certainly be better animated, despite being made entirely in the US, but I like it and think it has potential. It's an adventure cartoon, so one episode leads into the next. I know not every show needs continuity or lore, but I still like that stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=zV5FUZVG2Jk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tPw0K0yEYKY
youtube.com/watch?v=BhuX-hKf6_k
propellertv.co.uk/live-tv
youtube.com/watch?v=QOtPj-OlMwc
my.tvguide.co.uk/channellisting.asp?ch=558
youtube.com/watch?v=oQ_ClOOD1Qc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Here's the 11th episode. It's where the adventure plot actually starts, as before then it's about introducing his friends. The episode's moral is a bit heavy-handed, since they say it right at the start and repeat it at the end, but I thought it was a good episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=tPw0K0yEYKY

I'll check it out later, but before that could you tell me what's wrong with the animation?

I think it's animated in flash or toonboom. One of those programs. That's not inherently a bad thing, but there are times where the characters' movements or poses just don't look right to me.

I don't have any clips of the fighting, but there's some action-movement in this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=BhuX-hKf6_k

I still like the show. But it's only airing on some obscure network in the UK.

Does it air reruns? Since there's continuity I would rather start from the first episode.

They air it three times a day. It can be watched on their site. The re-runs, however, are only of the previous day's episodes. So there are two new episodes a day.

propellertv.co.uk/live-tv

Oh, alright. Well maybe they'll put them online at some point. Since you said it was made in the u.s. I'm assuming it'll eventually air in the u.s.

The Chinese funded its creation. It was made in Hollywood, and a UK distribution company bought the rights to it. They want the show to air in the US, but many shows never actually do.

Valt has some genuine production values in it. The voice acting is really good.

yeah i remember seeing threads about this ages ago saying it would be chinese

An episode is coming on now, at that site.

Eh. Tonight's episode was alright. Not a big fan of the ghosts being annoying cute things, especially since the previous episode showed that ghosts are real. They tried to end it ambiguously, to show they might have been ghosts anyway, but I don't think they wanted to commit to that.

I might keep uploading Trika's opening narrations for the episodes, although this one was fairly short. Included some scenes after it to compensate.

youtube.com/watch?v=QOtPj-OlMwc

It reruns tomorrow right? I can't watch right now.

It's already over.

my.tvguide.co.uk/channellisting.asp?ch=558

You'll have to adjust for your local time-zone. On the east coast, I only ever manage to catch the episodes that air at 4:30 Pm and 8:30 PM.

Alright, you planning on making another thread at some point? Or is this the last one since there were only 4 people in this one?

I might make another, but the first thread wasn't popular, either. I guess it generally depends on if I think the episodes are worth posting about.

Not even the same studio.

>ghosts
I thought part of China's vast censorship regime was forbidding ghosts in pop culture shit.

Would you send your address to a Chinese company just so you can get a plush?

I want to be inside that.

There are exceptions. Or maybe they're just changing. The episode did refer to the ghosts as lost souls, so maybe that was a loophole.

They have Trika ones as well. But I don't think it was sent out in the mail like the Valt one was.

Were the plushes a promotional thing or something?

For some reason, the company made a facebook account on January, when they were promoting the show, and asked for addresses to send Valt around the world. They wanted fans to take pictures near famous landmarks.

Problem is, there were no fans. Nobody heard of the show before. So few actually accepted.

The show was made entirely in the US. All of the character designs, and even animation. Everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=oQ_ClOOD1Qc

China did a bunch of interview with the crew, to promote the show, but they were basically sucking China's dick talking about how great it is to work on a show that mixes Chinese values with American animation.

The notes were all in English.

>few actually accepted
Aww that kinda sucks
That is a nice building isn't it?

It seems like this thread did a little better than the last one, huh?

Marginally.

While the English episodes are only airing at a two-a-day pace, the episodes all aired in China. The final episodes seem like it will be interesting, as all of the allies they gather throughout the series show up for the final battle. The characters even wear armor.

Trika looks more cute than threatening in that armor.
So how many episodes are there anyway?

There are 52. Episode 14 airs tomorrow, so there's a long way to go.

Anyone got all the episodes on a Drive or Mega. Want to give the series a go but can't find any episodes online

I'm afraid not. I only have the sporadic episodes I actually manage to record. I started watching at episode four, so I don't even know how it fully started.

I'll try to record and post the next episode tomorrow, but that's 14 hours from now. This thread surely won't be up. If it's a good episode, I'll make a new thread.

But even then, as I've said, in a serialized show with continuity, randomly jumping in at episode 14 kind of defeats the point.

neat

Oh hey, it's /trash/ Valtfag. This thing airs at weird hours, I checked the schedules. Half the reason I'd seen the other weirdass cartoons this network shows is they're on when I actually feel like channel surfing. If they removed Panda Fanfare i'd consider it, but then obscurewaiifufags wouldn't get their catgirl.

I think that's from the next episode, as they're carrying the supplies they received in the previous one. I wish the show took itself a bit more seriously, as the villain comes off as more comedic and doesn't seem to be a threat, even though he's supposedly a massive thread based on the lore. Yin Yang Yo did something similar with its villain, The Night Master, who was constantly made out to be a buffoon despite committing genocide.

I don't know if Da-Ming committed any war crimes, but I wish he had more minions to send out, as Mungo is getting very annoying.

if this was a game I would buy it!

>a massive thread

I wish I had a better screenshot of the map. Valt are from the Land of Wood, and I think Cobalt is as well. Trika is from the Land of Earth, Alia is from the Land of Fire, Yark is from the Land of Water and Kem is from the Land of Metal. The map does a pisspoor job of showing what's in-between those places, however. The characters are traveling on the Five Lands Road, which I guess is just a travel route that goes through all five lands.

New episode in three hours. At least it should be new. Not sure if their weekend schedule is different. I'll try to record and post it.

Typos happen. Thread. Threat. Sometimes the hands work faster than the brain.

Bump