Um Sup Forums? Care to explain this?

I think this just killed the comic book industry.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shazam!_(TV_series)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Superheroine named after, and powered by ancient Egyptian goddess
>Islam

Pick one, DC, and only one.

>a superheroine called Isis is also Muslim

So is DC just trying to kill itself?

But Isis exists since 2007 if I am not wrong.

There is literally nothing stopping Guggenheim from picking both. Because he's Guggenheim, and at some point he became more powerful than any of us could have ever imagined.

I think DC has just made a suicide note,

How is this any different from Hawkman and Hawkgirl reincarnating into Christians?

So....they are bringing an Egyptian character as a Muslim named Isis. Good Luck explaining that to the SJWs

Is Guggenheim retarded?

I'd say we have the power to not watch his shows, not buy his comics, and kill his career, but these virtue-signalling idiots always seem to fail upwards.

I think this is the opposite of what Adam Reed did for Archer after ISIS became associated with the Islamic State.

you cant be a muslim who shows her tits powered by an egyptian goddess.
It is like American leftists only like their imaginary Islam.

Press F to pay respects.

Does she also want to kill atheists, homosexuals and force women to wear trash bags?

1975, at least.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shazam!_(TV_series)

She had her own TV show in the 70's.

Does she want to take away the vaginas from Somali refugees, or does she need to be a progressive first?

You're slinging arrows at the storm, bro. Just give up. There is no hope left for any of us.

I think DC is trying to one up America Chavez

>tfw always loved ancient egypt and ancient egypt mythology
>tfw it's now forever tainted because of modern day middle east being shit and the kangz meme

Because it's probably not involving reincarnation?

There's nothing stopping them doing an intelligent and well-written story about the conflict between her faith and her using powers derived from another religion, but does that sound at all likely?

Also, there's not a Christian fundamentalist rogue terrorist state called "Hawkman" that's killed a lot of people. That's an important difference.

>How is this any different from Hawkman and Hawkgirl reincarnating into Christians?
there aren't christians.

No, jewish. Same difference, really.

>DC blatantly copying Marvel

kek

I hope this puts an end to retarded company wars and makes Sup Forums more receptive to comics outside the Big Two.

WE WUZ MUSLIMS AND SHIET

>I hope this puts an end to retarded company wars

I think DC just singlehandedly killed the industry. There's no recovering from this

officially i'm out of comic.

Put Trump in your subject line next time so I can filter you you whiney little fag

Its less about Trump and more about a character named ISIS being revealed as Muslim.

Yes.

Legends of Tomorrow is literally only good as a turn-your-brain-off show where heat wave says something stupid, Sara fucks a random blonde girl, black mechanic and old man pull their asses out of the fire with some random technobabble, and then the villain shows up for two seconds and the credits roll. The moment the show takes itself even a little bit seriously it just falls apart because the show's premise makes no real sense and the cast's power tiers and motivations just do not work together under any observation.

Yet Guggenhiem and the rest insist on making it a socially relevant show where people can bitch about the 50's and slavery and progress and identity politics. But all that ever does is bring the mood down on a show that can not afford it.

It's not like the characters on LOT actually go by their codenames on a regular basis

They almost always refer to each other by their real names

You still don't want a character that could be affiliated with a group that beheads people, rapes children, oppresses women, and throws gays off rooftops.

Jesus Christ.

Knew I was right to ditch the show when they killed Captain Cold

Isn't the LoT Isis some sort of zany future hacker from the future too?

Who fucking cares. Get a life you little bitch. You are just as bad as the people using it as a way to try to stick it to the man.

You are all just a bunch of whiney pussies with no real problems so you obsess over stupid shit that doesn't matter. Frankly it's embarrassing.

Buy a PS4.

user, ISIS throws faggots off roofs. I'm trying to protect you so be fucking gr8ful

This right here is why the CW shows suck so bad. Nobody gives a shit about your progressiveness or personal opinions on non-comic shit. Googobblerheim can't even properly adapt characters and stories with decades of material, yet wants to slap on his own shit on top. How about you PROPERLY ADAPT Isis first before using her as your bitchy, whiny statement?

I didn't even vote for Trump and I'm sick of everyone jumping on the bandwagon like it's some profound thing. "Making a statement" at the expense of quality has always been stupid.

We literally had this thread this morning with even the sample posts about DC commiting sudoku and whining about ISIS

>tv show does something
>will singlehandedly kill the comic industry

Why do you keep making these stupid threads?

Because you keep touching yourself at night

This. This is so plainly spam by retarded faggots. The posts are even the same.

It's some fuck resetting IP or some group of fucks coordinating trolling offsite.

>response to Trump
>thinking God Emperor Trump even care or think about what low-brow entertainment think of him
They'll have a better chance at getting a reaction from Alex Jones.

If she's cute and can grow to 50 feet that's alright with me

What are you talking about? I've been finger blasting my side bitch all day

These jews just won't stop, it's literally like a hive-mind.

You're right, former Christian.

>A Muslim hacker that calls herself Isis.

What could possibly go wrong? Normally I'd assume that she'd actually be getting mystical god-powers, but this is a CW show, so maybe I'm expecting too much.

Why are yall acting like this is gonna happen to thw comics and not Grugghiem being his usual retared self.
Not sure why he hasnt been dropped since he writes comics for Marvel now.

They got tricked into thinking the Marvel sales were legit and decided to kill their Rebrith high. Probably drank one too many milkshakes.

>ITT a bunch of summerfags from reddit
Objectively worse than anything else Sup Forums has to deal with.

You forgot tumblr dipshit.

I wouldn't even see this shit if whiny cunts didn't post it here for (you)s.

>dresses as a pagan goddess
>practicing muslim

Kinda like what you're doing?

same bullshit.

Legends of Tomorrow just keeps getting fucking worse and worse. Killing off Eobard was a shot but this is going to do it.

isnt she the Big Bad Villain?

>a fucking tv show
>killed comic industry
This is Sup Forums how?

>the feel that's just too real

Egypt is about 85% Muslim. This makes perfect sense.

Reminder that Isis is in fact Greek, and the original Egyptian would read either Aset or Iset.

>Marvel does retarded shit for years and years
>"haha suckers DC is king!"
>DC decides to concentrate years' worth of Marvel style stupidity into a single instant
>it's like a poorly planned progressive pandering singularity

The 2006 version of the character was Muslim too.

It's a really stupid coincidence, and doubly retarded that they intentionally pushed a political message with it, but whatever. A bunch of non-comic readers are getting offended ITT.

Egypt has been mostly Muslim since they invaded in the 7th century and never left. The ancient Egyptians who worshipped Isis weren't Muslim because that wasn't even a religion yet back then.

Wait, is Gugg actually writing anything for DC other than DC tv shit?
X-Men:Gold is pure trash.

Maybe you should read the fucking character's background.

speaking of archer, is the new season any good? i instantly tuned out when they revealed that the whole season will just be coma dreams. totally inconsequential, i'll wait for a fan cut of just the real world parts

but if there is a purpose to it i'll give it a chance

I think you're confusing Isis, the goddess, with Isis, the comic character. This isn't a Thor thing, where they're supposed to be the same person, it's a F!Thor thing, where one is only named after the other.

Archer is actually not dead but in a coma

well yeah no shit, that was obvious in the first episode. but is it worth watching the dream parts when none of it has anything to do with the real world characters? like is it going to make some statement about archer's psyche or solve some mystery of the series or what

why would superheroes even be religious?

like they have literally seen and live on the same planet with gods.

DOONALDRD DRUFDMFFPPFPFFFF

^this

>there's not a Christian fundamentalist rogue terrorist state called "Hawkman" that's killed a lot of people.

I really feel like someone should get around to changing that.

Like that's ever gonna happen

pssst
brumf

They could do the ancient interpretation of "there are other gods but my god is the best god"

Are these all OP?

>Hey Trump, remember this old obscure character?! TAKE THAT!

I am not understanding this at all. Do you have to be a SJW just to understand the attack vector or what?

The_Donald can't stay on reddit where they belong.

This. Even when DC uses the space cop version, they never acknowledge the time he was a fascist.

Probably because fascist aliens on the Justice League would be hard to justify and market.

Nothing but a stupid publicity stunt
Trying hard to "catch" up to marvel
instead of making a decent character they are trying to entice the left kids with "look guys we hate trump aren't we progressive?"

Wasn't there a storyline of Superman becoming a fascist or was that just Injustice?

I don't get the point of Marvel's latest publicity stunt.

Why is everything a response to trump now a days?

Do Hawkman and Hawkgirl derive their powers from Satan?

>Isis is part of the leadership of a middle Eastern nation
>clearly her grief with trump would be the concern for her citizens' welfare travelling abroad

Drones in charge of making DC look bad

>he never read 52
Fucking casuals.

>Major character in one of the biggest events DC had
>Obscure

Isn't that a bit like making a christian superhero named Klansman who dresses like a native american?

>What are we? Some sort of Suicide squad?

Wow, I knew you shills couldn't make it on Sup Forums but I didn't think you guys were desperate enough to come to Sup Forums

yes, both

>ABSOLUTELY HARAM!!!

You should be jailed for that poor tortured simile.

Listen user I don't think you're really getting the situation. Pagan God exist in the DC universe,that's a concrete fact,
So no Religion in DC comics is monotheistic.
In the comics, Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all Henothesitic religions
Therefore you can be a Practicing Muslim and channel the power of the Gods.
that's how Shazam has always worked.
>you're embarrassing yourself

You should really do your homework. A lot of DC superheroes are religious. Diana constantly prays to the Greek Gods. Clark was raised christian and most likely Methodist and it has been strong implied that Bruce is probably Catholic. The only real "superhero" that is prominently atheist is Oliver. He's also a liberal twat, so there that.