The Guardians Of The Galaxy 3

What are your expectations for The Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume.3? If it manages to be good (Which it most certainly will) we could have our first GOOD MCU trilogy movie here.

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/videos/2017/08/04/guardians-of-the-galaxy-director-on-casting-adam-warlock-for-vol-3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My expectations are that they cast a good actor for Adam Warlock, and make up for the fact they aren't using him in Infinity War.

I have no idea who could play him though, ideas?

I always wished Glenn Howerton landed Star-Lord. Would be cool if he actually were casted as a big character in the MCU, at least for me

Rocket
And Groot
Being
A Cute

>He finally gets to play a GOLDEN GOD

I'm just glad we'll be seeing adult Groot again. I don't know why people think Baby Groot is so adorable, he was cuter as an adult.

>Glenn Howerton
We're getting Teenaged Groot, which could be good or bad.

Something tells me theyre NOT gonna use any of the ravager/old guardians team stuff. Or if they do, theyre gonna have to throw out something entirely out of left field, because the ravagers and the guardians seemed to be on OK terms at the very end, and the old guardians team seemed like a gag more than a set up for anything.

They did however set up warlock pretty hard, so I would definitely account for that to happen. I dont think theyre gonna end it on "hes actually a good guy", I think hes gonna be a baddie the entire time, since they arent gonna have him in infinity war

I imagine the movie will be a sort of prequel to infinity war, that will focus a lot on Drax, Gamora, and Nebula finding Thanos and getting revenge.

I also expect Rocket will be getting more time, and a pretty sizeable sub plot.

I think Star Lord will take the back seat as far as the plot progression goes. He is gonna grow a complex about loved ones abandoning him and be pushing away the rest of the team, mirroring Rocket in vol. 2

we will return to Nova Prime and also The collector will appear again.

Most likely something having to do with Celestials.

Another Awesome Mix soundtrack

By the way, anyone else feel like that kicked off a trend? I know Hollywood already liked dipping into '70s-era classic rock because the royalties were low, but Guardians made such a point of using that music that I can't help but feel other film soundtracks were designed with that in mind

>First good MCU trilogy
That is some interesting bait, OP

Whoever plays Adam is going to be someone young, 34 or 35 at the most since during an IGN interview with Gunn the interviewer speculated Matthew MCconaughey being Adam (and that he left because Adam was cut from vol. 2 and thus no longer needed) and Gunn responded that it wasn't true and that MCconaughey was too old to play him.

He also mentioned that people have suggested a lot of older actor to him (I'm guessing the usual suspects like Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Brad Pitt since those are the most requested fancastings) but that it would be weird having an older guy play Adam.

>ign.com/videos/2017/08/04/guardians-of-the-galaxy-director-on-casting-adam-warlock-for-vol-3

I think he's right because Adam in the comics is someone who comes out of his cocoon as a newborn and is initially incredibly naive and trying to figure how the world works. The character essentially is someone getting used to adulthood and an older actor playing that part would seem weird as hell.

>Something tells me theyre NOT gonna use any of the ravager/old guardians team stuff.

Gunn loves those characters, and already said they were part of the future of the MCU. if anything they will be in vol. 3 even if it's in a small capacity.

m o r e m a n t i s

The movie is going to be full ADAM WARLOCK, it has to be, if not, there is not purpose left.
Personally i want to save Peter Quill and Drax from being the comedy relif. Because they got so fuckin reckt and consumed by the comedy stuff that it wasnt even funny anymore

>already said they were part of the future of the MCU

I mean, I wouldnt be disappointed by that one bit, just hope they have much more time to be fleshed out in the next one. "lol space pirates" doesn't exactly engage me for very long.

>STARLORD system

I am probably one of the 10 people who has read about the comic characters and cares about them so I really hope something interesting is done with them (too bad Yondu died).

Yeah so far they're pretty one note (with Stakar having the most presence given his relationship to Yondu) but there is a lot of opportunity for Marvel Studios to do something interesting with them.

However I feel like Gunn did make some weird as fuck choices with Krugarr.

I mean that character doesn't have a mouth but he could still communicate with others with speech, but somehow James Gunn thought it would be funny for him to communicate through "interplanetary emojis" so yeah that could either prove interesting or get annoying pretty fast.

I don't mind him changing Stakar because the character is confusing as fuck in the comics, and Aleta was originally a mean bitch and it looks like he's going with that version of her. Charlie, Martinex, and Mainframe didn't do much so I have no opinon about them.

That said I hope Vance ends up joining them, they scrapped the whole astronaut that gets accidentally lost in space with Quill so they can totally do it with Vance.

> I love baby Groot

kys, redditor

>The Guardians
>The

>we could have our first GOOD MCU trilogy movie here
Captain America

OtterxRaccoon awkward relationship.

it's gonna be all about fighting the future.

Warlock v Magus
Our Guardians v Stallone's Guardians
Old Playlists v Peter's new Playlist

it fits the pattern. The first movie was about his mom, the second about his dad. You gotta finish off the trinity, the third needs to be all about Peter finding out who he is.

But GotG 2 was mediocre compared to the first one. I think they started to decline like TDKT.

this guy could

RIP Snacks

Given how fucking bizarre Vol 2 went I daresay "expectations" are a fools errand.
Would like Moondragon to show up. Phylla too, if she's bot already penciled in for Yass Queen.
>and make up for the fact they aren't using him in Infinity War.

nah m8

I thought they may try it because Gunn said something about a small change in the canon that peoplse speculate could be about Rocket's past but the movies seems to be quite crowded as it is.

Even if it's the last Guardians movie it's not the last time we're gonna see the characters. There's plenty of room for all those characters that Gunn wants to introduce (and there's lots of them).

It probably means that a couple of the old ones is going to die along the way like Drax and Nebula.

>ebic teenage masturbation referrences
"GROOT, why is there this sticky sap all over the computer?

"I am groot."

>Rocket gets rabies

Vol. 3 will probably take place after infinity war. Taking place before will confuse people.
I think Nebula will be killed off in Infinity war b/c they are really going to have to actually kill off characters for it to actually mean anything.

you're probably right

A young Robert Redford.

Not that I wouldn't love it. Rocket's past was mentioned only once and it's clear that it was so obvious that it still bothers him a lot.

I think they have to go back to it sooner or later. There's nowhere else they can take this character anyway. Might as well rip off the telltale game and give him his significant otter.

Judging at how well Civil war did, and having two teams fight each other, I think the story will be about the Guardians vs the Ravengers, fighting over Adam Warlock or something.
If they don't do that, they might just set up for a solo Ravagers movie, but personally, the characters seem too abstract, but maybe they could pull it off.

Also vol 3 should explore the origins of groot and rocket,

After Thanos there's nothing left for Drax to do.

Thanks doc

>What are your expectations for The Guardians Of The Galaxy Volume.3?
Space Lesbians and more tentacles.

The Neo 80s vibe was beginning in the mid zeros with a lot of 80s theme parties, crept into the electro hipster mainstream via Drive in 2011 and is now in full force. GotG was a symptom, not the cause.

My girl. Plus lots of Warlock.

I never said I was a golden god. Or did I?

Well I'd really like to see a loose adaptation of Magus Saga/Thanos Imperative. Something that divides the team. Gamora, Drax, and Mantis side with Adam and his new order cause they figure he's fighting on the side of life, while Quill, Rocket, and Groot go get Thanos to help them stop Adam. Eventually Adam and Quill realize their error and sacrifice themselves to stop Thanos or something.

Probably won't happen but that's what I'd do.

man, winter soldier was great and all, but the first avenger was kind of fucking cheesy

you know what, i would like to see quill mortally injured, like maybe lose a limb but at first make it seem like hes dead. cause i actually like when a movie gives us that reminder that not only are these characters arent immortal, they arent even invincible.

and if they pull off the "oh well my dad could heal any wound so ill heal this up by the next time im on screen" i will personally attack the writers

They need to make place for new characters. It's very likely the Guardians will have a break up but over what?

>I have no idea who could play him though, ideas?

Glenn Howerton, who James Gunn had audition for Star-Lord.