Is Gwenpool good? Personally I enjoy it

Is Gwenpool good? Personally I enjoy it.

>is flavor of the month xyz good
I don't know user, you tell us.

>is it good?

>I enjoy it.

Quit looking for validation, dickhead. If you enjoy it, just fucking enjoy it.

daily reminder
she's literally a sef-insert from a tumblrina feminist
and she's taking place in that milk shake shit

You love memes? This is your comic.

it's better than anything DC is putting out

Man I really wanted to pick this one up before all that milkshake shit started. Not gonna give money to someone who thinks im literally hitler and wants me dead and buried for believing theres only 2 genders and that women, like men, are susceptible to criticism

>Is Gwenpool good?
It's like a comfy Deadpool with cute instead of edgy meme humor.

>Personally I enjoy it
Same.

People find memepool edgy?

milkshake shit? im new to comics, mind if i ask what the fuck yall are on about?

It's just Marvel's way of advertising milkshakes.

Some bullshit! Just Avoid it user.

Or you could head to Sonicâ„¢ Drive-In tonight and get a rich creamy milkshake at 50% off after 8pm.

>YO DOES KNUCKLES WORK HERE

The assistant editor of gwenpool posted a selfie of a gaggle of all female assistant editor marvel employees out drinking milkshakes, who all look like complete tumblrite fake fangirls. Some people commented "this is why marvels sales are so low" referring to the far-left NO REPUBLICANS ALLOWED agenda by marvel.

but since this criticism was directed at women, they (marvel employees, white knights & genderqueer non conformist anti fascist manic pixie dream-xirs) spun this criticism into "this is targeted harassment towards women by sexist shitlords"

The hilarious thing is that the milkshake selfie was accompanied by a figurative OCEAN of accolades, and a few slighty rude guys poking fun at them turned the entire experience into "im being harassed and victimized by the internet"

fucking weird times we live in.

oh right. what does this have to do with liking the comic tho?

I've had rougher sexual harassment than these people from anons on Sup Forums
Just for posting non-lewd text

Who wins in a fight?

>Fully powered Gentry
>Or Gwenpool?

Because if you financially support people who think youre a huge piece of shit and have no right to exists when you have the option not to, youre a chump. But maybe Ill buy them used, secondhand sometime when I know not a single cent of the proceeds will go to marvel.

"what does this have to do with comics" is something I've been asking myself for the past 2 years every time I walk into my local comic store and they're shoveling this garbage into "FREE FUCKING TAKE THEM" cardboard boxes and even then no one wants them.

Dude, she's an assistant editor. She's not getting paid shit anyway.

God damn that was good user. Very succinct.

I just read a couple issues the other day and I really liked them. It's weirdly legitimately funny, and Gwenpool is adorable and surprisingly endearing. I'm actually going to probably pick up the first trade.

Thank you user.

>who all look like complete tumblrite fake fangirls
Here's your problem.

But they not only look like it, but act like it on social media and each of them constantly espouse the "lel republicans are all racist misogynist" on social media as well. the criticism of them was not "stupid women" it was "god damn can you not get one non politically divisive assistant editor"

>"god damn can you not get one non politically divisive assistant editor"
This is some serious damage control. It was a selfie with milkshakes. There wasn't anything politically divisive about a picture of people drinking milkshakes, until idiots decided to broach the subject of politics in response to it.

yes

Basically, it turns out that nearly every single writer at Marvel is 20-25 years tumblrina hired specifically because of her political ideology, with zero prior interest in the Marvel or DC comics. It comes in the wake of last week comic book awards where an absolute unreadable trash with numbers way bellow cancellation line pics up awards left and right.
Editor of Gwenpool specifically has no idea where her book is coming out.

>bellow

BEST.COMIC.EVER!

Yep. Literally the genesis of Gwenpool was Heather Antos said "HEY FAGGOTS, MAKE ME INTO A COMIC BOOK CHARACTER," and that happened.

Can we post Gwenpool art? I waited all this time to read it and I really like it.

does fan art count?
not mine ofcourse

Is the the books writer?

Sure

>be 20something year old cutie pie
>get hired by the biggest comic book company in the world
>help create character that looks like you, has your personality
>character gets merchandise that looks like you
>inspire fans to literately dress up like you
>get involved in a controversy and have countless casuals defend you, getting internet famous
she hypercrisis'd hard

Way to sugarcoat it

>It's ok to suddenly lash out at people making a selfie cuz uuuuuuh FUCKING LEFTISTS

the book's writer is christopher hastings. the guy who wrote dr.mcninja. he is not sjw

I don't really care about this Milkshake stuff, one way or the other. But damn if it didn't inspire some cool and funny art.

That just reminded me of the Kelis' song and an image of her lactating breast squeezing milk into a milkshake machine for some reason.

Yes, it was just a selfie with milkshakes, thats why I admitted it was rude to make those comments there. But is it targeted harassment because shes a woman? Hell no.

Those comments should have been saved for one of her "omg the country is xenophobic and like, totally sexist" posts, not some random milkshake selfie. I totally concede to that point.

It was like 2 or 3 very mild, non aggressive criticisms on a selfie with HUNDREDS of comment of back-patting. No "lashing out" no "targeting women bc they're women" If 100 people tell you that youre beautiful and one person tells you to fuck off and you cant take it in stride, youre a huge cunt.

Seems like the light on the nose doesn't seem to match the rest of the pic? Took me a second to figure out what was going on there.

that why the book is good, i am sick of sjw in my fucking book

Have any of you nerds considered that feminism might not be what's killing Marvel? That maybe, the toxic community is driving people away from comic books?

Yeah sure. Constantly telling your customers that they are all evil, sexist limp dick rapists has nothing to do with it.
It must be the "toxic environment ".

>the toxic community is driving people away from comic books

What reality do you live in? These zealots could post a picture of their turds and get 50 comments saying "you go girl" "You created something the world NEEDS right now" "yass queen slay that sphincter" and the one guy who is like "thats just shit tho" is mobbed by a community of circle jerks

Positivity is in abundance for these people because 2/3 of the people who support them dont even give a shit about comics.

If positivity and emotional validation made comics (and art in general) thrive, Marvel would be consistently selling 100,000 copies for c-list character books.

Yes but dear lord some autists can't stop spamming Sup Forums with it.

it would be toxic if what they were saying wasn't right and unfair, but the problem is that they're telling the truth
You can't tell someone who's doing a bad job he's doing great otherwise you end up with shitty sales and Archie but with avengers sticker on it

No one breaks the forth wall like Gwen!

Please just post more pics from her series. I'm sorry I'm so late to the party.

It's neither, Marvel making mostly shit comics is killing their sales.

>Is Gwenpool good?

It's barely mediocre. The only reason it's spammed in Sup Forums so much is because of some autistic man-children who think Gwen is their waifu.

She's the best!

It's fun and one of the best titles Marvel is putting out right now, and the only one from them I'm actually buying.

it's better without spoilers. there are alot of OH SHIT moments you'd rather read in context

I honestly don't think people should bother editors on their social media and what not, but I found it impossible to tell if it is as bad as they say it is.

I just hope what happen will not influence the editorial direction of this book because it is really one of the last marvel book I still enjoy and buying right now.

I like it. She's the best when written by Hastings, other people think she speaks in meme for whatever reason.

If they have other people write her, it should be a requirement that they actually read the whole series beforehand.

It really should. She's not too bad some times but other times it's too extreme for me to like.

All marvel writers should at least read some a wikipedia page about the character they are using. even if it's a background character

or they should ask previous writers or editors if what they are doing is the right or wrong representation of the character

pic related happened AFTER gwen went back to her own world. fucking hell i am not even fucking surprised as they dont even know when a character is alive or not.

The hashtag is basically making fun of the idiots, the girls seem chill about it, nobody has cried "rape" except the nerds saying that's what they would do for sure

>every Gwenpool thread will be about this Milkshake shit now

Great I sure as shit don't want to actually discuss a comic on Sup Forums. God sometimes I wish this board had the balls to ben garrison shit so this garbage doesn't turn these threads into circle jerks.

but thats all a bold faced lie. the only people who criticized her just made snarky comments about sales, the girls in the hashtag do not seem "chill" theyre posting selfies with milkshakes in comic shops with "fuck the patriarchy" bullshit captions, and nobody has threatened her with rape, at least publicly.

You've got part of the elephant recognized. The truth is, Marvel fosters this toxic community. They rely on their fans to get outraged about what they're doing for temporary sales, and Brevoort has admitted this. The problem is this has the long-term effect of driving people away and that's what's slowly killing Marvel.

I just posted one of the girls and she criticized another guy for trying to "weaponize" the situation. And are we pretending they can control the hash tag now?

And no, they were accused of purposefully forcing feminism, the usual shit. Is it the end of the world? Of course not. But i think they have thugs right to be snarky this time around

And i didn't mean anyone was threatened with rape, i was referring to a convo where a guy said "i bet the one in the front randomly accuses people of rape"

Wait until we get the next comic. People have been talking more and more about the plot with each passing issue.

>underrated post of the year

>doesn't know the difference between an editor and a writer
>claims that Antos is pushing an SJW agenda in her comics
>Gwenpool and Darth Vader
>SJW
Jesus. This idiot brings shame to the Kal-el name.

Just post gwen, if you want to talk about fake drama go somewhere else.

Gwen is for worship!

it's okay. It's overrated because of a few things
1. Sup Forums's massive desire to be Sup Forums 2.0. whether they want to admit it or not. and Gwenpool is just one big Manga/Light Novel expy.
2. the vast majority of current Marvel comics are shit. Like unreadable shit. Gwenpool isn't anywhere near some of Marvel's best, but since its one of the few currently readable ongoings in a massive sea of putrid shit, it makes it look better than it actually is.

This mostly raps backs to point one. Ghurihu has a nice and appealing art style, but she can't do action worth shit considering how often she tries to skip it or just in some cases just outright not do it at all. Personally, I'm only reading it because it's storytimed on Sup Forums. I would not seek out to read it in other circumstances, let alone buy a trade of it.

For those who didn't see it the first time, here it is again.

Oh shit, forgot to spoiler it.