What is Sup Forums's opinion on the Brown Bomber?

What is Sup Forums's opinion on the Brown Bomber?

Other urls found in this thread:

worldofblackheroes.com/2010/06/17/brown-bomber/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is that cis-racial shitlord think she's doing denying a trans-racial identity. Fuck that bigoted lady.

Context?

sounds interesting

interesting concept I'd like to see someone like Morrison write a book about this

Oh jeez, I thought the brown bomber was going to be something about poop.

McDuffie liked to poke fun at white people for wanting black characters but soaking them in stereotypes. It's a shame he's dead because he would've had a lot more interesting ways to poke fun at all the shit going on now.

Before Black Lightning DC thought about creating a Super Hero called the Brown Bomber. A white guy who with a magic word becomes a Black Stereotype superhero. Luckily DC came to its senses and the hero never saw the light of day.

In a JLA story vixen goes to an alternate universe and encounters Brown Bomber.

It's DC? I could have sworn that was Bendis

A Jewish guy named Bendis finally gets the powers he wanted all his life.

It cost him 40 iq points, but now his dick is trippled its orginal length and comes in at a hefty 6" and he knows that pleases all the ladies. Sure, it only last an hour, but that's okay because that's still 4x longer than he needs it to last in the bed chamber (which is at least 6x longer than he originally lasted).

It also grants him the powers of banging his dream girl as a self insert, but the downside is she's always thinking of her true love who is a much better person than him.

worldofblackheroes.com/2010/06/17/brown-bomber/
>First a quote from Tony Isabella “I created Black Lightning after convincing DC not to publish another “black” super-hero on which they had started work. The Black Bomber was a white bigot who, in times of stress, turned into a black super-hero. This was the result of chemical camouflage experiments he’d taken part in as a soldier in Vietnam. The object of these experiments was to allow our [white] troops to blend into the jungle. In each of the two completed Black Bomber scripts, the white bigot risks his own life to save another person whom he can’t see clearly (in one case, a baby in a stroller) and then reacts in racial slur disgust when he discovers that he risked his life to save a black person. He wasn’t aware that he had two identities, but each identity had a girlfriend and the ladies were aware of the change. To add final insult, the Bomber’s costume was little more than a glorified basketball uniform. DC had wanted me to take over writing the book with the third issue. I convinced them to eat the two scripts and let me start over. To paraphrase my arguments… “Do you REALLY want DC’s first black super-hero to be a white bigot?””

user's right about the Brown Bomber idea, but it was also McDuffie having a good-natured poke at Bendis, which is why he looks so similar.

Two birds with one stone.

A superhero who's a white bigot that turns black to get his powers actually sounds really interesting but I can see why they might not want it to be their first.

McDuffie was a legend

Back in the 1970's, DC wanted to be topical by introducing a black superhero to their roster. They came up with the idea of the Black Bomber, a white racist who transforms into a superpowered black man. They thought this would give the character an interesting source of conflict, since he would be subjected to the same prejudices in his superhero form that he so casually dispensed on others. They pitched this idea to writer Tony Isabella.

Tony convinced DC that this was a wrong approach for the idea. He pitched his own character, Black Lightning, as an alternative. DC decided to go with his idea.

When Dwayne McDuffie heard this story, he found DC's Black Bomber idea to be so amusing that he wrote a cameo appearance for the character in his Justice League run, which is where the page in the OP comes from.

If you are wondering why the last panel is a bit confusing, it is because in the second to last panel he was supposed to ask if it's okay for him to use the N-word when he's in his black identity, but DC cut that line out.

I will never not love that picture

It's better the way it is

The best black hero there is. Brown Bomber is truly a hero ahead of his time.

The real joke on that page for me is that DC clearly omitted dialogue (I believe it was Brown Bomber asking if he could say the N word) from the second-to-last panel but left Vixen's response for whatever reason.

Is this Bendis?

see

Vixen wad hella sexy during this run

it still works, since he still uses a racially insensitive term in the bottom left panel(CPT stands for "Colored People Time", a phrase that describes the negative stereotype of African-American people having problems with being on time)

N word? Nincompoop?

>first transracial superhero
Rachel Dolezal would be proud.

>It cost him 40 iq points
Bendis is not that smart.

Vixen's response still works, see