Why do people hate Bendis? What can he do to improve? I don't think he's that bad

Why do people hate Bendis? What can he do to improve? I don't think he's that bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/94226607/#94226607
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck off, Bendis

Not that bad? You don't think he's that bad? Bendis?

Bendis?

He got comfortable. Before it was bendispeak but now it's messing up continuity, haphazard storytelling, dragging storylines out, and forcing in SJW stuff.

He's done more damage for black characters than a KKK member. When you force characters people don't like on them they will resent that character. As soon as you start describing a black character that's a super genius people will immediately tune out.

Is he that bad, though? What do people think of Bendis?

How new are you, mate?

What's the deal with this photo? It looks like he's descending from the skies to forcibly tickle me.

Yeah that g

I don't know. Just roll with it.

I wish he stop writing so many characters!

STICK TO YOUR OWN BOOK!

Honestly, I get hating bendis is a meme but I've read a few things over the past decade from him that weren't too bad.
Plus despite his writing that's lost some steam over the years, he seems like a decent guy.

Maybe it's just by comparison, but when I think of him I think "at least he isn't as garbage of a person AND writer like Slott is"

Don't worry Bendis seems to have cancer nowadays, so you can probably tackle him.

At least he knows how we feel.

big boy bendis really would've been a perfect King Pin if he were a little taller and could act.

You are given a choice to ban Bendis or Slott from comics forever.

The catch is the other will work on your favorite character until the day you die.

Who do you pick?

desuarchive.org/co/thread/94226607/#94226607

We had a 300+ Uncle Fester hate thread explaining why Sup Forums hates him. Just last week too.

Slott.

At-least bendis is harmless.

Depends on what he's writing... Ultimate Spider-Man, his Daredevil run, and Powers are universally praised.

Some stuff people hate him for like New Avengers are actually decent IMO. He's part of why current Marvel is pretty bad though. Secret Invasion was the event that was the event that went too far. I'm not entirely sure but I think Ultimatum was Bendis' doing.

Slott

Bendis has already been on Spider-Man, it'll be fine.

>300+ Uncle Fester hate thread explaining why Sup Forums hates him.
>Uncle Fester
Fuck, how did I not notice that before.

>Bendis
>harmless

Re-reading the current storytime on USM...man his flaws are all there.

Bendis speak is in full force, and the stories are lazy. How many times does Norman get captured then break out? 3? 4? How often does Fury fuck up? 8? 9?

Harmless compare to slott.

Slott without hesitation.

Bendis is bad. But Slott is Slott.

USM really doesn't hold up on repeated reading. But I still like his take on Eddie and the Venom symbiote. That was cool.

That I'll agree with.

He made civil war 2 and it was bad

Remove Slott without a doubt.

Bendis seems to have some measure of respect for the characters ongoing history, persona, mannerisms.

Slott will write Mary Jane into obscurity because HOW DARE PETER FUCK A BEAUTIFUL REDHEAD AND NOT A 4'3 LATINA MIDGET

Bendis can actually tone down his stylized dialog style

Slott cant write characters without trying so hard to have them talk in vapid, self involved millennial speak.

fuck that nigga Slott, fuck him to the ends of the earth.

>Slott will write Mary Jane into obscurity because HOW DARE PETER FUCK A BEAUTIFUL REDHEAD AND NOT A 4'3 LATINA MIDGET
What gets me is it wasn't even a hot midget.

Bendis? The comic book writer? That Bendis? Hes bad, as a comic book writer.

Slott all the way.

The comic book writer Bendis? That Bendis?

You're obviously too new to know this, but back when Sup Forums first heard the name Bendis we all saw these constant shitpost threads that used to include multiple references to him being Jewish and threats against his family.
They never stopped being posted. They just stopped including ban worthy content in the first post.
OP didn't post this because he reads comics, or cares about feelings, he posted this because he reads Sup Forums and Mein Kampf.
You can tell because it's the same kind of "clever" leading question that's asked about every Sup Forums minority topic over and over again so that we don't have a board for Sup Forums topics anymore.
How many times have you seen the same thread asking the same offensive question all over again?
This is that guy.
And tomorrow he'll post the same shitposts again in the douchebag hope that it's still taken as a threat so he can continue to chase away anyone who just wanted to talk about comics on the board devoted to that subject.
You'll notice he keeps bumping with the same exact insult over and over again.
Isn't this just a great fucking board Sup Forums has? Wish Sup Forums had one too!

The Bendis that writes comics. (Pretty sure he writes comics?) He's bad at it and has this signature Bendis Speak (BendisTalk? Bendis Speak.) It's supposed... he thinks people actually talk like that. Like realism, he think's it's real. Real talking. People really talk like that. They don't. That Bendis.

seriously bendis, fuck off.
if morales is not enough you ruined carol for good.
btw grow some hair.

I never got the chance to read his earlier works like Powers or Ultimate Spider-Man (except for the Death of Peter Parker) but I did enjoyed his work on his early New Avengers, Secret War and Siege. Secret Invasion was OK until that ending.

After that everything went daft especially when Bendis forced himself unto other stuff that seem not his territory like X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy. At least with New Avengers he was grounded there now everything went bananas whenever Bendis thought of something for his books or on an event.

As for this question I'd pick Slott. As soon as the guy went to conspire for the Superior story and so on it really became ridiculous and cringey. Send that bastard away.

Bendis destroys every character he comes into contact with.

If your fave character is not one of Bendis's faves, they will be screwed by Bendis.

Slott is bad, but he does not destroy continuity and characters.

>for the Superior story
did you notice the obvious body shaming of otto on that one, and then again with the protoclone... slott has problems and is deflecting. face it slob you will never be pretty.

Social justice, kids, helluva drug

Slott.

Bendis is still talented enough to occasionally leak good stuff in some of the pages of his new comics whic would've been better if only he bothered to try.

Slott is just dried up husk, his creative bank isn't just dusty, it's literally rotting away and retroactively ruins what I thought about his initial run that I still like to think was pretty good.

>Slott is bad, but he does not destroy continuity and characters.
Didn't he have Gwen Stacy cheat on Peter with Norman and give him children?

No that was Quesada

That's JMS under very thicc editorial meddling.

That's debatable.

As fucked up as Quesada is, initially JMS wanted them to be Pete's children, which still sounds fucked up.

Isn't Ben Reilly a bad guy right now because of him?

Huh, ain't that some shit.

All I know about Slott is Superior. Give me more of his fuckups.

Ok I'll bite.
Bendis had a good thing when he first started, but then when he got older he began to slip.
Killing peter and replacing him with miles wasn't the real problem. It was replacing peter with a token black kid named Miles.
In doing so he would continue using race as his go to to make him stand out. He'd go as far as to say kids were being racist for not letting black kids be spiderman because they were black, this was a fabrication on his part.
Then when miles has the spot light it was like he was mister perfect with decernable personality or characteristics only that he has a personal "I win" Venom Blast and could take down black heart. Yes THE BLACK HEART.
So all the while creating overpowered minorities who were just better than their seniors just because, he wouldnt come up with villians of their own and literally have the original villians go against his deviant art crew.
Basically Bendis didn't create any thing new but more drama. Miles is bland as white bread. He kills off characters because it's minorities turn instead of creating their own super heroes with their own villians. And the cherry on top, Civil war 2 and secret wars 2 was the perfect accumulation of why Bendis was awful.
He takes old ideas, tries to repackaged them only to leave them incomplete, adds bells and whistles on them like diversity, calls it a job well done.

>with decernable personality
with no decernable personality

Bendis is like Loeb after his son died only instead of losing a child Bendis is virtue signaling just as Madonna and AJolie do by adopting SJW-approved children which is affecting how he works.

>as his go to to make

what is there a comma I missed? because this isn't wrong

He's bendising you.

of course

Bendis
Slott's The Thing was good

Yes, and Black Cat is also evil because of Slott.

So I don't know what the hell is thinking.

>And the cherry on top, Civil war 2 and secret wars 2 was the perfect accumulation of why Bendis was awful.

He didn't write Secret Wars 2.

Thinking about it, Ben and Felicia would make a good couple.

Spock apologists who still think "le punched Black Cat in da face!" was totes awsemr, rawr xD

he turned Iceman gay because he is in love with Kitty

No, it's because he wanted to make Top Gun joke

Slott. And Bendis will write USM again! Because it was actuall one thing Bendis did right.

B-b-b-but his Daredevil run was good

my bad, it was ultimate end he wrote

>Hate how Bendis writes Spider-Man.
>Hate how Slott writes Spider-Man.
>Hate how Chip writes Spider-Man.
Thank god for Spider-Man/Deadpool.

Bendis would kill Peter if slott left. The only thing to do is fire them both.

Great ideas, terrible execution.

As a rando example: Secret Invasion was a fucking great idea with a stellar lead up squandered by poor pacing, lackadaisical action, and basically too much savage land.

He needs to learn how to pace a book, write in an extended/connected universe, how to write a fucking ending.

Basically both of them should Axed
Yost seem promising for a spider book.

Cancelled, bro.

>Basically both of them should Axed

*Basically both of them should be axed.

Overstayed his welcome. Spread himself too thin.

Tbh, people always forget to mention how last two arcs weren't of highest quality. Demon fetus baby is just the worst piece of shit.

No it's not. It's in the Legacy line up. It just has a different creative team so it probably won't last past a year.

Slott.
His twitter meltdown would be hilarious.

While I really enjoyed most of JMS' run, I think Sins Past is a story that shouldn't have been told even before Quesada stepped in and made Norman the twins' father.

Although he wasn't the one that had Gwen cheat on Peter, he did reveal that she woke up and learned that he was Spider-Man just before she died. Her latest clone, who possessed all of her memories right up to the moment she died, said that she felt betrayed by him, which was rich coming from the woman who cheated on her lover with the man that would one day kill her.

I know the writing usually shifts, but I hope Joe Kelly stays on in some goddam capacity.

>goddam

The next arc is gonna be a two-parter written by Elliot Kalan, and then it looks Robbie Thompson will be the new writer on it starting from Legacy.

I found it funny how other writers had to clean up Bendis' mess (A-Force revealing that the tit-seeking missile wasn't what wounded She-Hulk) and even made fun of the event (Captain America including a moment where Rick Jones pointed out how similar the situation was to the plot of Minority Report).

Because he's an asshole big shot who thinks he's the next Stan Lee and is constantly throwing his weight around fucking over other people's projects

That makes more sense.

But I think Civil War 2 combined with how he handled Tony, Rhodey, Riri, and Doom for CW2 and Marvel Now 2.0 is more the perfect accumulation that you mention since it's taking a lot of old ideas (Millar's Civil War, Minority Report, Iron Man being replaced by someone else, Bendis' success with Miles) and repacking them only to leave them incomplete (for all of Millar's massive flaws, his Civil War was a more satisfying story compared to Bendis' CW2.) and there were a lot of bells and whistles on them (Rhodey getting killed, She-Hulk going into a coma and then resurrected as a teaser for her ongoing instead of contributing anything afterwards, Bruce Banner getting killed, Iron Man going into a coma and being replaced by Riri and Doom, blatant teasers for established alternate futures or future projects)

I'm convinced that most of those people are shitposting. There's nothing wrong with liking the idea of Superior Spider-Man or even some parts of the story, but saying it was great from beginning to end and that Otto was a better hero than Peter ever was just reeks of bait to me.

I seriously hope you didn't suddenly come to that realization just now.

No, I've felt this way for a while, but I wouldn't be surprised if some people honestly preferred Otto.

>Robbie
>Wrote Silk, Venom: Space Knight, and meh Spidey.
Don't know how to feel about this. Are the former two good?

>Rhodey getting killed

Robbie Thompson is writing Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme which is real good

Look Bendis and Slott and a lot of writers are pulling a JRR Martin bullshit. And he isn't the first to do this in literature but he sure made it popular in the recent years.
Everyone wants to make a shocking OMG they killed the MC, what will happen next and they suck at it. Why because these aren't their characters to begin with, so it's just an asshole showing up and going kill this guy! I'm a good writer!

>JRR Martin b
GRR Martin, jesus I'm not feeling well today.

I don't hate Bendis. I hate his writing style and his narrative laziness.

He threw a full-on tantrum during a meeting with other Marvel staff because they were going to change Beast's design. He started crying and everything.

was that before cat beast or after cat beast

How can a guy who cannot to save his life write the X-Men care that fucking much about the X-Men

After cat Beast

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
oh man
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I though Silk was mostly good. My biggest problems were with the new artist and the rushed ending. Venom: Space Knight wasn't exactly bad, but I really didn't care for the idea of Venom in space, which I know Bendis was responsible for. Things picked up when he came back to Earth to help Mania, but that was when the series ended and we got stuck with Costa writing the new series.

it's not about talent it's about someone undoing one of his "legacies" which is ironic considering he makes it his lifes machine to undo anyone else's.

He's the reason I stop giving them money

for me it was slott and bendis

>his lifes machine

*his life's machine

it should also say "mission"

but hey good job noticing the minor error and missing the huge one

>Bendis seems to have some measure of respect for the characters ongoing history
Are you retarded?