Which DC/Marvel character would you say has the most complex backstory?

Which DC/Marvel character would you say has the most complex backstory?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ImvVpBBiOYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Batman.

Or Constantine, doctor dooom.

Maxwell Lord

>le hawkman!!!!
>le donna troy!!!!!
No, they're not that complex. Sup Forums is just stupid and loves to make shit seem more complicated than they really are.

>Batman
muh dead parents

>Doom
muh dead witch mom who killed babies

>Constantine
...Alright, I'll give you that.

explain to me how Kyle exists

pickle rick

You can't outmatch Kang The Conqueror and all his time-travel bullshit.

Brainiac.

Mainly because he has twenty backstories and ever adaptation and reboot changes it. Not even his species is consistent. The only things consistent about him are that he's really smart, really evil, and usually green.

>and ever adaptation

*and every adaptation

Constintines backstory is not that complicated.
They just decided to go full retard with it in issue #100.

Donna troy

>ever adaptation
*every adaptation

Brainiac's been an alien, a robot, a cyborg alien, a disembodied alien possessing a robot, a disembodied alien possessing a human, a fusion of a human and an alien mind, an alien cyborg mind controlling an army of robots, a swarm of nanobots, a computer virus, a formless AI from Krypton using a nanomachine body, a fragment of programming from 1,000 years ago infecting future machinery, a multiversal immortal meta-being, the list goes on.

Current Eobard Thawne.

Seriously fuck sins of the father. The only thing making it slightly bearable is the possibility the devil was lying.

The stuff with johns father before that was perfect and then they had to fuck it up with edgy bullshit, and I normaly like edge.

Hawkman

This is the only correct answer.

Hawkman
Donna Troy

And the Vision's origin (as well as Teen Vision's) is tied to Kang the Conqueror's time-travel bullshit.

Nothing can possibly beat Hawkman. Dark Knights: Metal is following the proud tradition of making things even more confusing for no reason.

Don't forget about Cable. I wonder how the Deadpool movie will handle it. Will they simplify it, or do a scene where Cable explains his ridiculous backstory in a comical way that everyone reacts to with confusion?

Have to agree with this. The worst part is that his thousand origins instead of being outright retconned are all trying to be squeezed together. To the point that the new Brainaic is apparently a cyborg scientist from Colu AND an artificial intelligence from Krypton (and also a reality warper trying to save his race I guess?).

the hardest thing about Cable is explaining Stryfe and Nate Grey

Convoluted is not the same as complex

>youtube.com/watch?v=ImvVpBBiOYU

Not always, but very often.

I like the AI one

>muh dead parents

Hey man, that's just the origin story. Backstory? Fuck man, how many universes are we counting here? If asked the "what is something that's happened to batman?" you can honestly answer
>gained a magic god chair
That's some fucking backstory that needs explaining.

Cable's backstory is pretty simple, as it's just basic time travel.

Clone and alternate universe version, respectively.

>Which DC/Marvel character would you say has the most complex backstory?

The one which has the stupidest backstory.

>You can't outmatch Kang The Conqueror and all his time-travel bullshit.

I beg to differ.

No, I guarantee you that Kang/Rama-Tut/Scarlet Centurion/Immortus/Iron Lad/Kid Immortus/Doctor Doom(?)/Doom the Annihilating Conqueror/Victor Timely/Mr. Gryphon/Qeng/Nathaniel Richards is worse. That's not even going into all the divergent Kangs.

Yo.

complex back story? are you trying to say continuity? or an actual backstory? pic related is the winner

this reminds me that I never understood very well the thing about Monet and her sisters and Penance in Generation X.

That was extremely confusing, it was all about siblings who could fuse like Dragon Ball characters.
IIRC, Monet was a fake Monet. Monet died so her sisters fused to pretend to be Monet, but one was autistic, and then Penance appeared, and she was the real Monet. Id have to read a Wiki.

pre zero hour hawkman
pre infinite crisis power girl

>marvel
Kang
>dc
hawkman

She recently fused with her brother again, but did not turn into M-plate. Or was that Emplate fused with the twins?

Then give us a straightforward explanation of their origins.

idk hawkman well

But donnas is easy

First was being mistaken by a writer for being a separate character from Diana on a silver age cover.
Got expanded to being orphan that Diana took with her and made her little sister
COIE got changed to Diana being on mans world for first time so they had to change it. Something about Titans of myth. Hated Titans after COIE and Perez left so not sure on details

Next was a literal mirror image of diana

Then the new 52 Hippolyta clay soup origin

It's not hard, it's just a lot

Superman, Donna Troy and Hawkman.

Supermans origin is pretty fucking easy to understand man

Superman's origin was explained in 4 fucking panels

Can't get more simple than that

Im talking about the golden age/silver age/post crises and a lot of retcons.

Birdmen reincarnates a lot and is sometimes a space cop.

Hawkman if you combine his post crisis origins with Nu52 and Rebirth.

>Sup Forums is just stupid
Not surprising, Sup Forums thinks prieststroke is hard to read.