Voltron: Legendary Defender

New Post-Season 3 Discussion Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8mQzmK670yI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's all setup and no execution; it would have been served better to just hold onto the episodes and do all 13 at once in october

do we have any idea when the final episodes will drop?

In october.

So if Keith is 100% alien, is he just shape shifting to look human.

Gotta appreciate the kitty

The teaser trailer automatically plays after the end of the season

>Voltron Season 4 airs October 13th
>On Friday
Is it just a coincidence?

S P O O K Y S E A S O N

Nah, the season has 2spooky quintessence zombies

I wonder if the kitty and the mice will ever run into each other

October 13; the tradeoff for shorter waits between seasons is shorter seasons

Plot twist: The "let's visit earth" episode will take place on Halloween so Allura and Coran and maybe even Lotor's crew don't have to bother hiding their alien traits

This'd be really cool and great episode.
>Hey, your alien costume is amazing! Was it hard to make those fluffy ears?
>What did you say, little shit?

>still no mega

I wonder if the rest of this month's releases will be half seasons so they can fill out all of October with releases

But then you think he would know he is shapeshifting. I think someone put a spell on him.

Did anyone else notice a kind of drop in the animation quality of the last two episodes? Like, there were a lot more noticeable still frames, and the line quality got a little janky in places.

So Keith is like reverse frog prince?
Ayyyy

Yeah. I understand that they didn't want to spend good frames on derpy Kuron, but the flashback episode was important, and cheap bits were very noticeable.

No, it's not just you. There was a bunch of parts such as Shiro/Kuron jumping from the broken ship and Haggar reading Zarkon's mind where it was just Powerpoint sliding.

Except for Keith, Lion swapping was forced and contrived.

A kiss from beautiful princess will lifte the curse

So do you think the short-haired Shiro they were torturing in Kuron's "hallucination" is the real Shiro or another clone?

Well Zarkon and Haggar are spooky scary evil quintessence zombie.

I just hope that season 4 has so amazing animation, that it ate all available budget for these 13 episodes.

I'm fine with Allura's swap honestly, since she didn't have any established bond with any Lion. Lance's had a weird explanation that didn't really fit with Red's personality in the first two seasons, but it was more of Allura guessing than being outright stated, so maybe someone can come up with a more satisfactory explanation in /vld/.

Agree, my least favourite part of this "season". We already knew how it will end, yet stll have to see that awkward scenes. If lions are so smart and have a soul or some sort of consciousness, they could just say paladins what exactly they wanted.

I hate this bitch so much

Maybe it was a consequence of the last minute decision to split the season. I don't know how studios work for batch shows but I'm guessing they normally work on the episodes simultaneously with earlier episodes taking priority. But this gave them much earlier hard deadlines for finishing the animation on the first half of the season which led to them cutting more corners.

Are Galra hybrids conceived and born or created and grown in a lab? I mean, hybridization by itself suggests that all the aliens involved including humans are the same species or at least the same genus descended from a common ancestor, or were created by a Star Trek style precursor race to be genetically compatible. This is why humans and chimpanzees cannot have offspring.

I did like "pink = color of dead"

Fuck, that's a fantastic idea.

I was only really taken out by the unmatched mouth flaps and cheap anime drag and pull mouth animation in some parts, because I didn't really notice any in the first two seasons.

Even the Keith lion swap was forced, and yes, I'm fully aware of Shiro telling Keith twice that he'll get to pilot the Black Lion but he's still far from leader material.

He's impulsive, autistic, and too much of a hothead to get any clear head. I hope that they find Shiro so that everything returns to normal, having Shiro just disappear to somewhere was such bullshit.

It's awkward and weird because she does fit all the previously established traits of the red lion, hot headed and relies on instinct AND the new retcon trait while Lance still fits more with the blue lion, more carefree and open.

The only part of the lion swapping that really bothered me was Lance's. They stressed pretty hard in season 1 that Red Lion was temperamental and chose its pilots based on being hotblooded. Lance actually was sort of hotblooded in season 1. Now all of a sudden Allura says that what the Red Lion REALLY cares about is someone being willing to settle for being the support guy which seems like a sudden swerve.

Also they didn't really give a good reason for Blue deciding Lance didn't fit it anymore aside from mysteriously just knowing it was for the best.

Young Haggar's voice acting took me out of it.

How does Keith having white hair make him Altean? Not all Alteans have white anyways.

People want to believe he is Lotor's brother.

>Lance actually was sort of hotblooded
He's really not that hotblooded. He's cocky but he still approaches things more strategically and doesn't really rush into combat like Keith.

Well, it would be pretty boring if he was the perfect leader right from the start

Have you seen new characters stats? Do you agree with them, Sup Forums?

Yeah, I remember some people here used to believe Keith was Lotor but then that got debunked so they made up the "Keith is Sincline" theory.

>Coldsteel the half-Altean Galran

How come the Black Lion didn't even consider Allura? She's not a great leader but she's shown herself to have at last some decent judgement calling during her piloting the castle ship.

I always thought it could be quintessence stuff.

But how many points is his sense of humor?

I agree with that, she'd make a better Red paladin and even a better right hand with her role described as "decision maker". I don't really have anything against Lance, but Keith had to earn Red's admiration, all Lance did was not being a jealous fuck anymore.

Nostalgia

wicked/10

Disagree, the huge hiatuses are shit. S3 threw lots of interesting plotshit and lore at us and the smaller wait makes the split much easier to deal with. I think this was great compromise between bingefags and people REEEing about content drought.

Was she supposed to sound dead and robotic?

Then that will be a curse that will never be lifted, unlike your curse of having heinous taste in ships, which will lift immediately when Klance descends upon you and crushes your foulness beneath a merciless boot, mongrel. Die and be forgotten, parasite, for in the future that is Klance there is no room for your manner of depraved filth, staining the carpets with your base heresy.

sexism. blue and green are the only decent lions that don't believe girls can't pilot.

Hopefully seasons 5-8 do more to feel cohesive because season 3 and most likely season 4 really really feel like a season cut in half.

Of course not, what I'm implying isn't that he should be a perfect leader but rather he should NEVER be leader.

No matter how many times the show tries, its writers constantly prove time and time again that Keith is the worst leader material. I honestly wonder why they even wrote the Black Lion to trust him considering how much he fucked up.

You had a chance to give us shirtless Shiro, and you didn't take it. You made up a pool scenario just so you could show shirtless twinks, but put Shiro in a space wifebeater. Shame on you, Mir, shame.

Lotor is such a boring piece of shit and it's predictable what he'll do next since he has the stock "Young Smug Prince with a British accent" personality.

What will you say when Klance does not happen?

Too lewd, exposing his heaving tits like that would trigger the censors.

I wish this meme would die, S3 has been in the can for MONTHS, and S4(which will probably be S5 and 6) is finished by now easily. The season split has zero effect on production, it's just to shrink the hiatuses.

That's not even the real Shiro.

Worked for Rygel
youtube.com/watch?v=8mQzmK670yI

He's an excellent politician and strategist who plots his evil plans and petty personal vendettas weeks in advance.

Yeah, Lotor from 80s is much more charismatic.

I'd have still taken it, Kuron is more lewd anyway.

Tell that to Keith's boner. Protip: YOU CAN'T

>Also they didn't really give a good reason for Blue deciding Lance didn't fit it anymore aside from mysteriously just knowing it was for the best.
The lions are literally freaky sentient machines from another reality who subtly mindfucked their own creators during construction to the point where those fuckers weren't even sure what the lions could DO, so at least the idea of them insisting on doing shit their own way doesn't come out of nowhere.

That's why I want him to fail at least once.

Klance has already happened, fool, as anyone with wits already knows. The war was won long ago, all that transpires now is the dawning of that realization on the cattle that lacked the faith and vision to behold the glory of Klance. You ask the wrong question, under the false assumption that Truth is subjective. It isn't: there is only Klance, and the dust that remains of all that is not Klance.

He's not very charismatic though, I'd rather take campy than this more subtle "according to keikaku" personality.

Keith probably keeps a space wifebeater on him at all times so he can cover up any shirtless Shiros immediately. Shiro is not for lewding.

Allura's mom looks just like an adult Allura. Alteans confirmed for incestuous blood purists.

Kek

Shapeshifting. She was always fond of mummy, dammit.

How many generations of incest resulted in Allura?

At first I was wondering why Allura was wearing pink and got so tall and big titted.

cryo sleep shrunk her

And changed her dress color?

>big titted
Look at the size of those things.

she changed clothes between the dinner and the bridge scene. it's not like I'm serious, user.

Is it wrong that I have a gay crush on young Zarkon? I mean, he was already DILF material as an evil overlord, but something about him is so cute in the flashback episode.

Also, it would be cool if they Paladins went back to Earth and the humans join the Galra Empire voluntarily or help defeat them to take over their tech and resources to take over the universe themselves.

How did they clone Shiro's scar?

Lance is sad she passed away thousand of years ago.

Very carefully and with a knife.

i think people are just going to have to get over this because production is way too far ahead for them go to back and adjust anything to fit the new release format. i don't know if thinking of them as episode batches rather than "seasons"(and all the implications that term carry with it) will help but youre obviously going to be disappointed from now on if you go in expecting a full satisfying story arc in 7-6 episodes

Alfor is actually upset Allura is his only child because now she can't keep the bloodline pure.

I remember there was a scene in Space Mall where you could see a former Altean king and he also had white hair and dark skin.

Space Ty-Lee is cute, CUTE.

I don't blame Alfor for screwing his sister.

What if Alteans just clone themselves like Zents/Melts?

>lotor gives earth tech and resources top expand across the galaxy.
>only catch is that they need to help catch voltron

I'm down

Fun with shapeshifting! Just imagine the possibilities.

No, Keith, stop imagining her with Shiro's penor.

They are Targaryens.

Why does everyone think Shiro is cloned? Did I miss something?

Only if the Garrison invests LotorTech into creating their ultimate Voltron knockoff using all manner of vehicles and which actually wasn't Voltron except for English audiences.

Why didn't the website add Allura in armor, or Lotor's fighters, or any roboeasts other than the first one?

The one female tittymonster we had in the show and she's dead.

We complained about tit monster representation.