>Publically disowned by the creators
>It's influence avoided for 13
>It's DVDs being mishandeled for over a decade
>Ends up bargain bins
>Most modern material makes fun of it
>Recent crossover failed to boost ratings
>Movie most influenced by it bombs
>Reprints of the original comics actually do way better

Have people forgotten about this piece of shit yet? Despite having been the "biggest thing on the planet" it has everything going against it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z_L8aI8ldCY
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/CanonImmigrant/ComicBooks
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The 1987 series is still ludicrously popular, what are you on about OP? (I actually thought you were talking about the 2003 series at first.)

what the fuck are you on OP
were you born in 1999 or something?

What? The creators love the '80s cartoon. You're full of shit, OP.

Peter Laird I know it's you.

What denial, people don't care about the 1987 show anymore. The only people who do are a few thousand manchildren in their mid to late 30's.

I've never even watched the '87 series and don't plan on doing so. But the amount of "discussion" (nostalgiafaggotry) of it I've seen is ridiculous, especially compared to the 2003 series.

>The creators love the '80s cartoon
kek

Which turtle would give the best blowjob?

Raph, but he wouldn't swallow.

Cool but rude, indeed.

How the fuck did anyone ever tell them apart?

Technodrome forum is full of faggots

This show was my first exposure to the Turtles born in 82 and god damn I loved it. I got all the toys I was able to, but I wasn't as hard core as dressing up as one every halloween or having turtles bedding like a lot of kids at school. It was fantastic. It hasn't aged that well, but there are VERY few cartoons that have. Also, it was aimed at children exclusively, later cartoons were aimed at children and adults.

The answer is always Mikey.

weapons. It was a good idea to colour code them. I think the current cartoon went too far in making them physically different, Donatello isn't supposed to be a wimp, just not as good as the others.

A lot of the cartoon stuff stuck. Bebop and Rocksteady were invented for the cartoon, so was Slash. And these characters are fucking fantastic in the current IDW comic.

>A lot of the cartoon stuff stuck.
Whoopty-fucking-doo, you can say the same damn thing about almost any adaptation.

really? Did the Spider-Man cartoons influence the comics a lot? Did Earths Mightiest Heroes? The Brave and the Bold?

BTAS and TMNT are rarities

But if anything, TMNT 2003's contributions to the franchise are far more valuable:
>Karai
>Hun
>The Battle Nexus
>Darius Dunn
>The Street Phantoms
>Angel
>Bishop and the EPF
>also popularised various Mirage elements

>Karai
>>Hun
>The Battle Nexus
>Darius Dunn
>The Street Phantoms
>Angel
>Bishop and the EPF

all those really memorable things that nobody remembers or cares about.

>>Karai
only one that actually still influences the franchise

Anyone else think that Splinter is a very handsome fella?

Season one was pretty GOAT though. And even though Shredder was a bafoon, he would often curbstomp the Turtles in actual combat.

how's it feel to talk to yourself

Bishop

April

A shitty character. Just an Agent Smith rip-off.

Hun and Bishop were in the nick cartoon and the new comics.

so just another Krang....wow, amazing

The cartoon is fine for the time. It has not held up well but it was a great show and toy line when i was a kid.

>BTAS and TMNT are rarities

Do you actually believe this after exploring the world of franchise media or are you just ignorant?

2k3 was better.

>so just another Krang....wow, amazing
youtube.com/watch?v=z_L8aI8ldCY

Not in IDW, there he`s a sadistic cyborg.

Ellipses are three dots.

Karai was around in the comics for a decade before 2k3.

In name only. Totally different character.

I can't believe how this cheezyfest show could get so popular

Because of 80sfags who believe their cruddy toy commercial is god's gift to man and will constantly shove nostalgia for it down the young generation's throat regardless of quality.

Same thing with stuff like Transformers; old cartoon sucked and Beast Wars was WAAAAAAAAY better in every single way, but can't be acknowledged due to 80sfags who view the old cartoon as one of the best cartoons ever.

>Beast Wars was WAAAAAAAAY better in every single way

only cgi was shit

Yes. Rats are based.

I've been watching this show recently and I can't believe how gigantic they made her tits and ass. April is a wonder of the world.

The '80s cartoon is comfy as fuck. The first three seasons are watchable and fun. After that the quality drops a lot.

The Venom symbiote being a corrupting influence on Peter was from TAS. Originally he just got rid of it because he was freaked out by it being alive.

Indeed they are.

It's a shame there aren't more rat protagonists in Sup Forums stuff

It was so shitty that it lasted ten years.

Weren't the seasons after those called the red sky seasons?

I'm sure you liked Johnny Test too, user.

he's not a wimp though. he's fucking competent in a fight and he's a good strategist

Eventually. Seasons 4-7 were still in tone with the first 3 but the quality of animation dropped and they just weren't as good in my opinion. Hell, even season 3 is just a lot of filler but still has some gems.

i dun goofed

I'm just gonna leave this here, dumbass.
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/CanonImmigrant/ComicBooks

context?

The original cartoon is a fucking abomination, and gave the world Cowabunga Pizza Turtles. I literally remember being 12 and thinking that the cartoon was going to be like the comic. It was not. The last comic that came out before that cartoon was the Leonardo One Shot... one of the best TMNT comics in the Mirage run. How can you from one to another and enjoy It, I have no idea.

Still better than the piss-poor 2D of the 80s show.

I´ve only read IDW comic (I love it) and I want to read Mirage run but I know Lair hasn´t writte in age. Should I bother?

Volume 4 is unfinished but you have a lot to read before. Mirage Volume 1 canon issues are good if you're not afraid to read b&w indie stuff.

>Season one was pretty GOAT though.
This. Season 1 was also the first and only season put out on video completely, I had that as a kid and the Case of the Killer Pizzas tape. Some lamer, later season episodes also got VHS releases, but I think more people had the season 1 tapes.

The animation on the first season was outsourced to Japan; they drew her with Fujiko Mine's proportions.

The best thing about the series is how salty it's fans still get over 2K3 and ESPECIALLY Turtles Forever
>t-they were just making fun of the series
>RRRRRREEEEEEEEEE
Glorious.

I honestly wish it was on Netflix or hulu so I could just binge watch it.

I used to be obsessed with the 87 series as a little kid but now I barely remember it.

Just watch the 2003 cartoon, and read the comics later if you like the ideas.

Perfect husband material right here.

>I honestly wish it was on Netflix or hulu so I could just binge watch it.

Just fucking use Putlocker or Watchcartoononline.com or Animeflavor or Kisscartoon or literally any other unoffical streaming site. Do it even if you find it through legitimate means, the official copyright holder does not deserve your money or clicks.

>I used to be obsessed with the 87 series as a little kid but now I barely remember it.
Let it stay like that if you cherish your vague childhood memories.

>This troper had a crowning moment of awesome when he touched his sister's boobs while she was asleep but YMMV
Piss off.