Do you have any hope for how this guy will be handled in JL?

Do you have any hope for how this guy will be handled in JL?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QOnAH-R5tvY?t=4m39s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hoped they would pick a better villain.

I hope they keep some of the complexities about his family relationship with Darkseid in, and he's not ENTIRELY just a mook. Were that the case, they should've chose the actual mook of the family, Kalibak.

Who would you have wanted? Kalibak? Godfrey? I think Steppenwolf is fine desu, I just wonder how they're gonna execute it.

Kalibak is too much of a jobber user.

>Kalibak is too much of a jobber user.
And you think that isn't what's going to happen in this movie the moment the League is actually assembled along with Supes?

They managed to make DOOMSDAY shit, and doomsday already is flat and shit, but they made him worse.

It truly is a fascinating universe.

Also DESU Godfrey needed to have a notable role in BvS for this all to really work out, at the LEAST appear in the montage of TV shows talking about Superman.

>but they made him worse.
Not really desu. Him being Zod and killing Clark the same way Zod killed Jor El was less braindead than the comic Doomsday.

No, and no one wanted Steppenwolf in the first place. Its also a bit odd that he now has a weird monster face
>I just wonder how they're gonna execute it
In the most generic way possible Id imagine.

>In the most generic way possible Id imagine.
Why would you imagine that?
I thought the narrative was that Synder was actively terrible, not bland.

Kalibak is a walking joke, where as Steppenwolf jobs with class.

>I hope they keep some of the complexities about his family relationship with Darkseid in, and he's not ENTIRELY just a mook.

There is literally no chance of this but I'll let myself get disappointed anyway.

Kalibak is a joke of a new god while as said when Steppenwolf loses he loses with style

>No, and no one wanted Steppenwolf in the first place
I think the reason why they got Steppenwolf because he had a big impact in Earth-2 when Darkseid invaded earth.

All but certain that it will boil down to "Darkseid rules an evil Planet" and that's it but on my wishlist is a mention of the Great Clash.

I don't want to beat the dead horse but it's still baffling to me that they seemed to have gone out of their way to find probably the director worst suited to adapt Kirby in the entire industry.

>I had a buddy who tried getting me into ”normal” comic books, but I was all like, ”No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me.”

>The average movie audience has seen — well, I can’t even count the amount of superhero movies. Fantastic Four, X-Men, Superman, Spider-Man. The Marvel universe has gone nuts; we’re going to have a fricking Captain America movie if we’re not careful. Thor, too! We’re on our second Hulk movie. And Iron Man — $300 million domestic box office on a second tier superhero!

>Everyone says that about [Christopher Nolan’s] Batman Begins. ”Batman’s dark.” I’m like, okay, ”No, Batman’s cool.” He gets to go to a Tibetan monastery and be trained by ninjas. Okay? I want to do that. But he doesn’t, like, get raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about dark, that’s how that would go.

>If Superman grabbed your arm and pulled really hard, he’d pull your arm out of your socket. That’s the thing you don’t see in a Superman movie. But in Watchmen, what you get is, like, ”I’m a Superman, and I really want to help mankind — but I just tore this guy in half by accident. People call me a ‘superhero,’ but I don’t even know what that means. I just blew this guy to bits! That’s heroic?”

None of the new gods period. Give me, Starro, Despero, or Mongul. Hell I'd maybe even settle for White Martians if they could keep them from getting confused with Chitauri.

shit that is is pretty kino now that you mention it

Yes that one, fairly recent, edgey story where people claim that they've always given a shit about the character. The only reason hes in this movie is because A: they wanted to tease Darkseid for no reason, and B: Snyder thought he looked cool. Thats it

Disappointed he just looks like a Skyrim character. Even his weapon is forgettable looking.

Steppenwolf's best moment has always been getting killed as Young Izaya succumbs to pure vengeance fueled blood lust. Hitting rock bottom.

Wait a minute how the fuck was New 52 Steppenwolf alive?

I feel like they'll show the league fighting Starro after credits, like a homage to the year one stories, I don't want them to show Despero if Jo'nn isn't there, Mongul could be cool but then "LMAO YELLOW THANOS". White Martians would be great if they introduce Jo'nn

Yeah I will admit I don't care for Steppenwolf but the movie could be good exposure.

Symbolism dont make shit entertaining.

The fight scenes were shit, his design was shit, it looked like he could have been taken down by WW, which just makes Clark sacrifice look pointless.

why would you ever have any hope for anything WB puts out let alone DC

Starro comes with "Man of Murder" baggage when the league has to fight infected humans and "Hero vs Hero" bitching. Mongul would probably bring in more "Thanos ripoff" shitposting more so than Darkseid would. Steppenwolf is just fine being the mid boss for the JL to overcome.

>There will be people honestly butthurt, taking this commentary seriously.

If it happen, please people, link it to my commet.

Because the movies they churn out are pretty entertaining?

Frankly Kalibak would have made more sense for this plot if you think about it.
>Invaded Earth the first time with a small war party trying to prove to his surrogate father hes a worthy successor, and fails
>Tries again in modern day to redeem himself
>Justice League just manages to stop him, realizes Kalibak was small potatoes compared to Darkseid and his endless forces
At least this way it makes some sort of sense on how Earth managed to repel Apokolips the first time

This just makes me realize how much better cosmic Marvel is compared to cosmic DC.

Yeah you have a good point but then Kalibak isn't really a League threat.

We're already getting more brainwashed Superman so whats the fucking difference if Starro is the one doing it? At least then we would get crazy, giant eldritch starfish monsters swarming earth. Hell, they even have a warlord version of Starro for an actor to play
And Steppenwolf is? Normally Supes could take care of him, maybe needing Diana too on a good day

I can't help but love seeing the Fourth World stuff getting integrated into the DCEU. I was one of those idiots who have fond feelings for BvS just because of the parademons and stuff so...I'm a lost cause I guess.

FUCKING BOOM TUBES IN A MOVIE, MAN! Come on, that's great no matter what. Steppenwolf being the vanguard of a full attack is great and opens the possibility for all kinds of New God goodness.
Honestly, it's a perfect fit for how these movies have been presented. Kirby's New Gods stuff was always boarding on incoherent but it was grandiose and imaginative and SENSES SHATTERING.

I'm being pandered to with this dreck and I love it.

>We're already getting more brainwashed Superman
Are we really for sure this is going to happen?

As I said, I think the reason they're using Steppenwolf is because of Earth-2 when he was able to wreck shit up but yeah you're right Steppenwolf isn't that strong on his own, hence he has a parademon army. I like to think the reason Earth was able to defend against the first siege was because of Zeus and friends (maybe even the Wizard), they were able to hold of the Newgods.

Cosmic DC hearkens back to an older style of scifi.

Like in Futurama when the guy yells "WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF TOMORROW"
That's the kind of goofy fun way you have to talk about HAWKMEN OF THE PLANET THANAGAR.
Cosmic Marvel is a big blob of disconnected themes and styles.

Amazo

>No dragon tanks
>No Granny Goodness
>No Furies
>No indication of Jack Kirby's style, which somehow Thor Ragnarok has
>Steppenwolf looks like a literal demon and the other New Gods will probably be on the nose demonic/angelic
>Probably wont ever get Mister Miracle or Big Barda, even less likely to see their suburban life
I wouldnt really call this fanservice user, but whatever makes you happy.

JL:TAS Amazo is too much, he basically reached cosmic level for a fucking robot.

>No Granny Goodness
You think they would have the balls to have a dude to play Granny Goodness or just leave her out altogether?

Why would they have a guy play Granny Goodness?

Scott and Barda cameo would be great, imagine them chilling in the suburbs and they see boom tubes and they think to themselves that its them they're after.

They did. Superman.

Kalibak is a blunt instrument, i.e. a retard that you just throw at a problem to see if brute force will suffice to solve it. You don't give him responsibilities since he will just fuck it up. He would just open a portal, attack anyone in his sight and get his ass kicked in two minutes. Steppenwolf is a cunning general who can believably lead an invasion when annexing entire planets.

Because of Ed Asner.

No. That "leak" came from r/DCEULeaks the land where fags go to LARP. It said we'd get Supes in the Black Suit in the SDCC trailer which also didn't fucking happen. It's not happening, only Injustice faggots want it to happen.

I don't even care and nobody else really does either

>Godfrey?
I'd love to see the Justice League fighting a giant radioactive Gilbert Gottfried

The point was Kalibak doing all of this without Darkseid's consent, hence making some sort of sense as to why Earth survived the first time and why Darkseid hasnt blown up the Earth already for such an insult. The fact remains though that we really didnt need a New God middle man for this shit

Yeah Ed Asner's voice always freaked me out as a kid watching Superman TAS/JL TAS , I thought Granny was a tranny.

I care user.

>it looked like he could have been taken down by WW
No?

I like how his texture looks like he was entirely 3d printed

i just hope its so bad its good

Kanto. He's underrated as fuck.

but he literally is entirely just a mook, they are all darkseid's mooks

Aye, but they're also all different levels of mooks.

Like Desaad, who is apparently Darkseid's childhood friend, right hand man, and second in charge of Apokolips.

It's too straight forward for a movie plot.

Pretty sure Darkseid Omega Beamed the fuck out of Desaad that one time.

>Sup Forums thinks it knows how to construct a movie, or knows whats either too simple/complex for a plot

Yeah, and then Darkseid realized how lonely he was and resurrected a copy of him

So, yeah....Desaad is Darkseid's friend.

Wonder Woman cut off his hand with a single cut of her sword.
youtu.be/QOnAH-R5tvY?t=4m39s
He's not weakened by Kryptonite.
She easily blocks, dodges, and then dismembers.
This really makes Superman's death stupid because if he just helped her a bit more in the fight or just had the spear close enough to doomsday to weaken him, she could cut off his fucking head.

Fuck, I love Darkseid and his endless bullshittery.

don't bother. The eagles could clearly fly the ring to mordor. It makes LoTR pointless.

Name one good reason why Diana couldnt use the spear herself

Kalibak randomly jumping from a boomtube and smashing few buildings is an episode of STAS, not a plot for a feature film.

She didn't have the momentum of superman.
She was holding Doomsday with the lasso.
Superman won't let anyone else risk themselves

She didn't even need the spear. Her regular sword was working just fine.

Momentum? You saying she lacked the capacity to charge while holding a thrusting weapon? How many paint chips did you eat as a child?

>Superman won't let anyone else risk themselves
This is the same guy that let his father die because "the world's not ready".

>Momentum of Superman
You mean that sickly flight that clocked in at about 30 miles an hour?
>Lasso
Irrelevant. She could still stab him with it at any time
>Superman wont let anyone else risk themselves
True, but you could say the exact same thing for every league member. Only this time its literally safer for Diana to use it since Kryptonite doesnt weaken her

No it wasn't, Doomsday healed from all the damage inflicted on him and he still wasn't getting winded like Diana was. By the end of the fight Diana was just trying to restrain Doomsday with her lasso and was struggling to do just that.

I'm just enjoying how normies are pretending they know anything about the New Gods outside of who Darkseid is

that's not even close to being true especially not this year

Superman can exceed the momentum of wonder woman since he is bigger than her.
And she was already engaged in tying doomsday up with the lasso. So did you want a cumbersome scene where they switch places all the while doomsday keeps absorbing energy and buffing up?

By healed you mean give him a bone shaped deformity. If she cut off his head, you think that wouldnt stop him?

I am sure superman who is literally capable of breaking the sound barrier was moving at 30 miles per hour.
>lasso was irrelevant, she could stab him anytime.
And Doomsday would wait like the good aborted kryptonian fetus that he is. Wonder woman was barely able to restrain him when superman acquired the spear and charged at doomsday.

Obviously, Superman can't use such a golden opportunity to skewer Doomsday himself, he needs to play musical chairs with the spear so that Diana can do it for him. That's what a hero does. Find the most convoluted and convenient for himself way to solve the problem.

And I suppose wonder woman wouldn't be stabbed because she is a woman right?

No, it wouldn't.

>cut off his head with a spear.

Yeah no shit Superman can do that, except we clearly see he didnt move at that speed when delivering the final blow. Also you mean to tell me Batman nor Superman couldnt distract Doomsday long enough for her to grab the spear and rush him? Fuck off. It had to be Clark because Snyder wanted him dead, thats it

should have been granny goodness. infiltrating earth and flipping heroes is more of her thing. plus it can give us Barda and Miracle.

Steppenwolfe is just Darkseid's Dragon.

And you know this how?
With the sword obviously, she already used it to cut off his hand

>This is the same guy that let his father die because "the world's not ready".
that was>Irrelevant. She could still stab him with it at any time
before he was Superman
try stabbing something int he heart while holding a chain/rope at the same time

Because she's not literally dying while holding the spear. Doomsday was weakened by the spear.
Look at In that scene she was easily able to block and dodge Doomsday while in a prone position.
I'm sure she could have moved out of the way of his bone hand.

Superman went ahead to retrieve the spear because he could hear lois drowning when he was flying. You wanted superman to call a time out while doomsday is rampaging around. give diana the spear and then tell her to rush doomsday, when superman knows that HE can do with.
So she should be dual wielding a sword and a spear?

Roseanne Barr to play granny goodness.

He lost an arm and got a single spike on its place.

It would be funny if she chopped his members and he ended up having to walk on 4s, because aparently his "adaptability" just made him less pratical.

Are you telling me a greek warrior can't throw a javelin? Or for that matter that a polearms aren't by definition a ranged weapon and historically used by women in battle because of their greater reach?

Who'd play Lashina?

You're acting like the lasso is vital to killing Doomsday here. The only crucial thing is the spear
>Save Lois and take her to safety
>Fly back, tell Diana to get the spear while Clark fights Doomsday
>Diana lunges at Doomsday with it and kills him
How is this hard for you? Also you know, Diana has experience wielding spears

She was barely able to hold doomsday in place when he had been weakened by batman's gas grenade. Superman had to go over his maximum threshold to actually dig the spear in deeper in doomsday's heart.
What you are saying means that superman has to
>hold doomsday with the lasso.
>while being explosed to the gas grenade made by batman.
>while both of them are being weakened by kryptonite.
>then have to hope that diana can actually reach his heart before doomsday catches her as he catches superman.
>and he doesn't know if diana can actually do it while he knows that he can.

>You wanted superman to call a time out while doomsday is rampaging around
Like when he fucked off to go save Lois and conveniently she also had the spear.
Did he know she'd have the spear close by?

How do you know it will hit doomsday's heart?

Well most people here will use the term "generic" without knowing what it means

>Gets his head cut off and a bone spike grows in it's place
Truly he'd be unstoppable

>save lois and take her to safety
>meanwhile diana and batfleck are risking their lives trying to stop a dangerous freak that can absorb energy and become stronger.
>then fly back and tell diana to tap out and grab the spear.
>then she comes in and stabs doomsday with a spear while you have nothing to hold him in place with.

Lynn Collins after a few months in the gym.

Plot contrivance.
Why is it that plot contrivance when used in the movie is immutable and agreeable but we can't use it to suppose any alternate solutions?

So you want Superman to appear lazy.
>Diana, please. I really don't wanna go get it myself.

>he leaves lois with the spear.
>lois is drowning nearby
I wonder where the spear could be.

John Carter of Mars was actually pretty good desu, bummed it failed in the box office. You think if they do have Lashina she'd just be wearing bandages?