Static-Issue #1 Storytime

Thread theme: m.youtube.com/watch?v=c9s2v7CdCUE

Neat, thanks for storytiming this.

This is my first story time, so please bear with me.

>Tfw no free roam Static game where Phil Lamaar reprises his role
KILL ME

Speaking of which, does anyone else hear LaMarr when reading Static?

Pretty much yeah.

*tips fitted cap*

He really needs to get to his carton look.

So, Black Bolt's costume, Black Widow's wrist gauntlets, and the Doctor Strange pose with the hands.

Yep, costume redesign helped this nigga a LOT

Unfortunately, he doesn't the cartoon look until Rebirth of the Cool, which is way after his first run.

Most definitely
He does later but it doesn't stick from what I remember

*doesn't get

Thanks user, I always wanted to read this one. So far, it seems solid for a first issue

DC /Milestone needs to reprint Static's old run into a trade or a omnibus. I would love to own his original run.

It really does give off that Bronze Age Spider-Man vibe.

The closest we have are the first four issues bundled in a graphic novel, Trial by Fire.

And that wraps up the first issue.

If you all want, I could also post the after issue Feedback.

Make it so.

Screw it, Imma post them.

And it is so.

And with that, the first issue has truly wrapped up.

I might story time the second issue later on today.

Amazing issue! I love the fact he lost his first battle and got his ass kicked in front of the main girl.

I think I never seen a comic starting that way. Also, I love the gang violence, it make everything feel much more real

Today "Diversity book" , is just Black shit pandering. Moon Girl and ironheart can suck Static cock for all I care

Bump. Thanks OP.

bump

>Moon Girl and ironheart can suck Static cock for all I care
I'm pretty sure there's R34 of that somewhere.

But in all seriousness, I feel that Milestone's diversity push was more honest compared to what you see nowadays.

Wow this shit brings me back

First time reading this, and I dig it. Some of the dialogue rings a bit too much "Hello there fellow kids", but that's a problem of pretty much ever teen hero book ever, so i won't hold it against it.

Ah the 90's. Back when your heroes could make casual gay jokes and no one would want your comic banned and edited.

I'm just surprised that "fag" made it through.
Who knew the Comics Code was so lenient?

Objective fact that is 100% true: This is Static's best costume

Well for one you had actual diverse creators but also ones who were experienced on all different sides not just writing and art. It also helps they made everyone a actual character. Edwin Alva could have been one of the most stereotypical 90's white businessman characters of all time, but not only were his points valid he was proven right in the end.

Static's original outfit is his worst outfit. Almost everyone hates it.

I still have my copy in an unopened bag

You're objectively wrong and have shit taste. The dreadlocks and cape look retarded

I like it too honestly. I think it's the hat and mask combo

I shouldn't have opened the bag for my Hardware and Icon #1s. Oh well, they're not very valuable anyway

>The dreadlocks and cape look retarded
It's a coat not a cape and this is his best costume.

It's pretty cool. It's kinda like a twist on the generic leather jacket costume that were so popular in the 90s

His first costume and new 52 costumes are his costumes .

>Speaking of which, does anyone else hear LaMarr when reading Static?
As opposed to...?

I think Static should go sleeveless more often.

Take off your nostalgia goggles, it's shit. It looks like a cheap McDonalds toy design or something

It's not nostalgia talking. It's really is his best outfit.

Damn I was gonna write that.

Good choice for your first time

>His mom's alive.
Hmm... i don't know why I don't like this. Maybe it's because "Flashback" was one of my favorite episodes.

It's like I'm arguing with someone who's trying to convince me ketchup on pop tarts is good

I like his mom being a paramedic and being dead cause she kinda inspired him to be a hero cause she died saving people.

I feel like McDuffie is trying to avoid the whole"broken family" cliche.

Yeah what I really wanna see in a black superhero is a bald haircut or a fade.

Why not? These are the most popular black haircuts by far

They really aren't you don't know black culture buddy. Stop watching basketball so much.

I went to a 75% black high school but ok

I am black and still live around blacks but OK. How old are you? Didja go to high school in the the fucking 90s?

Why is his outfit so fucking shit

90s

That is quite an ass he got there

Not like plenty of other Milestone characters didn't hit that stereotype anyway. Rocket's dad was nowhere to be seen and she was a third generation teen-pregnant mom. Her grandma told her she raised her mom, and she helped her mom raise her, she wasn't doing that shit a third time.

Come to think of it, I think Static was the only Milestone character that had a nuclear family.