Why aren't more black Sup Forums characters nihilists? It'd be perfect for Miles

Why aren't more black Sup Forums characters nihilists? It'd be perfect for Miles.

Why the fuck would anyone make their character be a nihilist or an objectivist unless the goal was to make them into unlikable twats with sticks so far up their own asses they can taste wood?

It'll be something new and interesting. Maybe they can work in a way where the character is a nihilist but with some twisted logic, still finds a way to be a hero.

Besides, everyone should subscribe to nihilism, especially blacks.

Hang on, we have somebody working on that.

>Besides, everyone should subscribe to nihilism

This should be good. Why?

Why is Doctor Strange's outfit a uniform? We literally had a whole miniseries where he teams up with other Sorcerers Supreme and none of them resemble him. Brother Voodoo didn't.

How come Evil Eye and Tony Stark just copy his style and call it a day?

Simple fact is there is utterly no point to life. We live and we die. Yeah we can create a bunch of social constructs to pretend there is meaning but in the end none of it matters. This world is a corrupt and dirty place that needs to end anyway.

He should be happy and charming.

She's wearing his cape. That's it.

I think you're just suicidal, user.

Go back to watching Rick and Morty, faggot

I don't see how a nihilist could ever take up constant heroics considering it completely goes against the point of being nihilistic.

I've never actually seen the show. I do agree with the "love is just a chemical reaction" meme.

I've been pondering it lately but I'm not quite at the suicidal level yet.

a race that empirically already has the highest testosterone and lowest impulse control, would be truly dangerous as nihilists. gang members/drug dealers are already pseudo-nihilists as they think they'll be dead or in prison by their 20s. to throw nihilism into the mix is as thanos said "to court death". every black nihilist would be punisher level, but worse. the punisher at least tries to survive so he can take out more gang members another day. a black punisher would only care about would he's killing in the moment and never think about his own well being.

he's quite cool

Only if it's the same kind of nihilism as pic related.

>Why aren't more black Sup Forums characters nihilists?
it would be racist

>It'll be something new and interesting.
no it won't, there is nothing """new""" or """"interesting"""" about one of the worst and unending anti-hero trends of the last 30 years.

take your 90s and shove it up your ass you philosophy fuck

Nobody is a nihilist because if they were they couldn't justify self preservation.

Black people aren't allowed to be represented as anything except happy virtuous angels or constantly angry about race relations or, in Miles' case, just boring with no personality.

That's the polar opposite of nihilism. That's just morally well adjusted atheism. Bill sees no higher power, and chooses to do good regardless. Nihilism would've dispensed with the need to do good as without meaning.

Blacks have no concept of Nihilism. They only accept Christianity, Islam, and Afrocentrism.

>It'll be something new and interesting.

New solely for the sake of new is not really that interesting.

>Why aren't more black Sup Forums characters nihilists?
They lack the wicked sense of humor.

I'm sure you'd know all about that, user

t. A black

If there's objectively no point to life, why would you not work to make what we have as pleasant for yourself and others as possible?

Self preservation has nothing to do with nihilism.

Because what would be the point?

because the characters are contrived

cause needless suffering is needless suffering. Its weird whenever i see a edgy nihilist that doesnt seem to get if life is meaningless why not try to enjoy what you can

>my life is only objectively these chemical sensations
>better make them as horrible as I can

When the fuck did Miles get so THICC?

Both suffering and joy are meaningless. It's useless to place stock into both those things.

That's future miles

No, it isn't.
Having no meaning does not correlate with any action. He chooses to do good because it's what pleases or satisfies his interests.

I always wanted to see miles being the inverse of parker personality wise. Miles would be a Arrogant, cocky person. But as spider-man, he is more respectful or awkward due to being around other heroes.

Nah a nihilist would realize it doesn't matter if they do "good" since it doesn't objectively exist and even if they did it wouldn't matter. However just because you're a nihilist doesn't mean you can't realize what is subjectively considered good and then go about doing said good.

Because nihilism is kind of the most boring line of thinking you can subscribe to, there is genuinely nothing interesting about it or the people that subscribe to it, exactly what's keeping you from killing yourself if you're gonna spend the rest of your life spouting lines that could be fine in the scribbles of a 15-year-old angsty child that thinks had life figured out already? Life is meaningless, but who gives a fuck if I live a mark in this world as long as I get to enjoy myself for as long as I'm alive? Higher purposes are for insecure faggots.

He's swole now.

Most niggers aren't smart enough to get philosophical. That's the truth.

>"love is just a chemical reaction"
So is pain, but I bet you'd still obey it if I crushed your hand with a cricket bat.

So you don't mind the suffering, then? Shut the hell up, bitch.

>"love is just a chemical reaction"
Fucker, that is the equivalent of saying "My hand is actually just bones, muscles, and skin, so therefore it does not exists". Retards need to understand that that only means that love is not only a physical thing, but it is also something that can be measured. People who pretend this is some deep revelation need to reevaluate their education.

Because Marvel wants people to like Miles, and even though they're failing at it, it still beats if Miles was some whiny shit who moans about how life is empty and hollow.

If life is so meaningless then why haven't you killed yourself already?

Because he would be even more boring if such a thing was possible

I never understood this as a response to "life doesn't matter", even if it doesn't matter someone might not want to die.

Why? If life is meaningless then it should make no difference whether or not you're living in the long term. You even said that the world is a dirty place that needs to end.

I'm not that user, it's just that there's always at least one "why haven't you killed yourself" reply to someone who says life is meaningless and I just don't get it, and in that user's case a more appropriate question would be "why haven't you gone on a killing spree?".

Philosophy is just a shitty meme for autists. Enjoy your self-existentialist crisis and angst filled with suicidal thoughts while you cry about Tyrone and Achmed fucking that white girl you wanted to date, whatever

>why haven't you gone on a killing spree?
Because it wouldn't matter whether he did or not. If he did go on a killing spree then something must have compelled him to do it, knowing full well he wouldn't be able to kill /every/ human, which would mean there's a reason for existence, defeating the purpose of his belief in the first place. If he was to kill himself, however, it would end the cycle. Since nothing matters then the only true goal must be to reach the end as quickly as possible before anyone else does. So what I'm asking is, why haven't all nihilists ended their lives already?

It doesn't make a difference but being dead is no fun at all. Fun and earthly pleasures are meaningless sure, but I still can experience them and enjoy them. As far as I know theres no pleasures after death, so why die?

Because there are still consequences for my actions, dude. Nihlism really doesnt change anything in your day to day life. It just puts you in your place

So if pleasures exist and if pleasures are the force stopping you from killing yourself, then would that not mean the meaning of life is to find Earthly pleasure for yourself?

>Since nothing matters then the only true goal
If nothing matters then there isn't a goal.

Exactly my point though. If there is no goal then we're all just sitting around till we die. Might as well pull off the band-aid now.

But that would also serve no purpose, and life being meaningless or not, people still have emotions that dictate how they go about their lives, I'd imagine "just kill yourself" isn't a strong enough feeling unless your life is just absolute shit.

So then that must be there's some sort of force that's keeping them alive.

Well I'm not certain pleasures exist, but I seem to be capable of feeling them. And not necessarily, these are just things I enjoy doing and death is something I don't want to do yet. I'm just a weird ape thing constantly jacking off, theres no meaning there, no worth. A creatures will to live and their lives being of any semblance of meaning are two separate things man.

>some sort of force
Could just be that even with believing life is meaningless they can still enjoy it. I mean, most comics and cartoons are meaningless but people still enjoy them. Alternatively, it's just their body going into self preservation mode.

How does that make any sense as a reaction to life being meaningless?
Meaningless =/= bad
Also death is meaningless

The chemical reaction in your brain causing pleasure is in fact a physical thing. Which means it is in fact real. Since the only reason you live is because of your pleasures then that must be what your life is about. From start to finish, pleasure is what's on your mind, therefore the meaning of life is pleasure.
So then self preservation must be the meaning of life.
Meaningless doesn't mean good either. If you're going to die anyway, why not just do it now?

>So then self preservation must be the meaning of life.
What? How did you even come to this conclusion?

It's the only reason you're living. If life was meaningless to you then you'd be indifferent about death since it's just as meaningful as being alive. If self preservation is the reason living has more value to you than being dead, then you're living solely for self preservation. Meaning the meaning of life is self preservation.

Reason for being alive =/= meaning of life

Because white peoples would just say angry black man and shit all over it

The state of your existence is your life. Being alive is your continuing that existence. Therefore, being alive and life are the same thing.

So? What's your point?
(not him)

user, when people talk about the meaning of life they mean "what are we meant to do", if you're saying that we're meant to just live until we can't anymore then it's the same as there being no meaning to life.

>The chemical reaction in your brain causing pleasure is in fact a physical thing. Which means it is in fact real.
I can't confirm that is whats really happening. Thanks to the idea of hallucinations, delusions, epistemological skepticism or the idea that we're all in a simulation you cant REALLY confirm anything is happening. Plus pleasures arent the sole reason I choose to live either man. Its just one of many flimsy reasons. I live because I'm already living, if given the choice I would have rather never been born at all. But I'm here already, may as well keep it up unless something shitty comes up

>If you're going to die anyway, why not just do it now?
Why not do it later?

Believing it is meaningless doesn't mean I don't mind it. My natural built in survival instincts will make me seek less suffering.

No, because if there was no meaning to life you wouldn't care whether or not you died. So if self preservation is the only reason you're living, then the meaning of life is that.

Pain is your body's natural alarm system to warn you when you're in danger. Not the same as love.

>Its just one of many flimsy reasons. I live because I'm already living, if given the choice I would have rather never been born at all. But I'm here already, may as well keep it up unless something shitty comes up
So then there's a force that's keeping you from ending your life. Meaning that you value your life. Meaning that there is meaning behind it.
>Why not do it later?
End the cycle, conserve resources.

Pleasure.

>if there was no meaning to life you wouldn't care whether or not you died
That's not how it fucking works and you know it. If someone enjoys life enough to not want to kill themselves that doesn't mean they think it has meaning.

The meaning of life isn't a universal answer. It's a case by case basis. If a man spends his entire life moving a rock from point A to point B, then all he knows is moving that rock. Since his knowledge of existence ends when he dies, the only thing he knows is moving the rock from point A to point B. Therefore the meaning of life for that man is to move a rock from point A to point B.

Are you ready for this fucking nigger to get paid millions just to stare into a camera and mumble lines?

My hand is a physical tangible thing. "Love" is an abstract concept created by humans in an attempt to put that chemical reaction into words.

Yes it does. Because if they enjoy it then there must be some sort of conventional value to it. Meaning that there is meaning behind it.

He isn't playing miles.

Through, I do wonder what kind of movie miles will get? I heard the gravity falls guy is writing him.

My body's natural self preservation instincts prevent it.

"Hand" is an abstract concept created by humans in an attempt to put the limb that picks things up into words.

Why Sup Forums has such a struggle grasping nihilism?
Look, you don't have what's necessary to assess that anything is actually real, but we are limited to experience so it FEELS real.
If we feel it then there is no incentive to end it, because we don't know what will happen once it's done, but we do know that we seem to be experiencing "life", whatever that actually is.
We know what there is now, and according to our informational knowledge we only have this one experience. Why would you end that: It goes against rationality.
I'm not afraid to die, I don't think we are real, but I have no incentive to kill myself.

Suicide is meaningless

So then you're living for your preservation instincts. Meaning that the meaning of life is that instinct.

It's called self preservation dumbass.

>there must be some sort of conventional value to it
No, something like joy only has a much value as an individual person is willing to give it.

So is living. Therefore there is no difference between the two.

If there's no difference then why go through the effort of suicide?

Then the meaning of life is self preservation
So then value and meaning can be assigned to certain things. .

Why not go through the effort?

"Hand" is the name for that physical tangible thing. That chemical reaction known as Love is not physical nor tangible.

Because there'd be no point.

(Philosophy professor Robert Solomon, at the University of Texas at Austin)

Waking Life: Chapter 4 - Life LessonsThe reason why I refuse to take existentialism as just another French fashion or historical curiosity is that I think it has something very important to offer us for the new century. I'm afraid we're losing the real virtues of living life passionately, sense of taking responsibility for who you are, the ability to make something of yourself and feeling good about life. Existentialism is often discussed as if it's a philosophy of despair. But I think the truth is just the opposite. Sartre once interviewed said he never really felt a day of despair in his life. But one thing that comes out from reading these guys is not a sense of anguish about life so much as a real kind of exuberance of feeling on top of it. It's like your life is yours to create. I've read the postmodernists with some interest, even admiration. But when I read them, I always have this awful nagging feeling that something absolutely essential is getting left out. The more that you talk about a person as a social construction or as a confluence of forces or as fragmented or marginalized, what you do is you open up a whole new world of excuses. And when Sartre talks about responsibility, he's not talking about something abstract. He's not talking about the kind of self or soul that theologians would argue about. It's something very concrete. It's you and me talking. Making decisions. Doing things and taking the consequences. It might be true that there are six billion people in the world and counting. Nevertheless, what you do makes a difference. It makes a difference, first of all, in material terms. Makes a difference to other people and it sets an example. In short, I think the message here is that we should never simply write ourselves off and see ourselves as the victim of various forces. It's always our decision who we are.

That's not how it works. If life's entire meaning is boiled down to the natural workings of the human body then life is truly meaningless.

There is no real working "force" behind anything, brother. There are just things that happen. And I don't value my life beyond but I like it. And liking things is also meaningless. I don't live or die for any reason I just do
>End the cycle, conserve resources.
THe resources are wasted regardless, may as well keep them on my side

>So then value and meaning can be assigned to certain things. .
Yes, but not any sort of objective value, which, in the bigger picture, makes it meaningless.

It has matter. Therefore it's a physical thing. Just like the air.

Because it's meaningless.