Mutant and proud!

>Mutant and proud!
>remains in human form for most of her time onscreen

Same reasons twinkster-man, Tobey-Man, Manlet Man and so many others keep their (a) helmets, (b) masks, or (c) cowls off most of the time.

Because JLaw thinks shes hot shit after Hunger Games and refused to wear makeup. Ron Pearlman sat in a makeup chair for hours just so he could visit a sick kid as Hellboy

To be fair they explain that she's self-concious since she became a mutant icon after saving Nixon.

Hell, Romijn sat in that chair a lot longer than J-law ever did, because unlike J-law, Romijn had full-body makeup instead of a suit.

>J-Law being a bitch and basically unhireable at this point

In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet.

>not even dedicated enough to break up her friendship with Captain Marvel
Come on, J-Law.

fuck this bitch. Can't wait til she hits 30 and starts complaining about how no one will hire her because she's too old.

What do you guys think about mcavoy as xavier and fassbender as magneto.

>30
>old

What are you? A Chinaman?

actresses usually hit a wall in their mid to late 30s. She has a lot of time left.

>Mutant and proud
>Puts metal in the science oven

She has allergy to it.

Thats bullshit. She claimed the real reason behind it was the possible ties to cancer from certain makeup chemicals but given how vague that all is its likely she didnt want to be in the makeup chair for 8 hours

Why did she audition then
I wouldn't apply to work at a butcher and then tell them I can't touch pork because my mom is Jewish and my dad is Muslim and I am uncircumsized

because her agent told her it would be good for her while she got to do what she really wanted which was indie movies and other oscarbait shit she's chased.

Do any of you retards understand the art of espionage?

do you understand the art of hyperbole?

That's how Hollywood works.

She's a mega cunt. There's annoying, and then there's her.

She might gearing up for that already.

>jennifer-lawrence-in-XMEN-APOCALYPSE
Stop it, Fox, I already dropped your movie. You don't have to keep trying to push me off of it.

She's a lazy bitch and didn't want to spend 2-3 hours with the makeup guys

And she claim that was bad for the skin and all that shit just to avoid that

that's a lie when they change the paint she didn't want to neither

Great portrayals, but they need to stop this same song and dance. Drop J-Law, either make Magneto a real villain or have him fuck off for a while, stop making Xavier give Magneto another chance to betray him

Shitty actresses hit a wall.
The good ones can still find suitable roles for their age well into old age.

The problem is that most (Modern) female actresses refuse to accept the fact that they're getting older and don't want to take roles fit for their age, while most male actors tend to see aging as a give and take where sure, they can't play a spry 20 year old anymore, but the upside is that they can now do roles they couldn't when they were younger.

you have to admit they're allowed a lot more wiggle room in the roles they can take as they get older.

part of that is biology but I think there is a greater breathe of roles for older male actors. I mean shit cruise is still trying to play action hero in his 50s

That's not uncommon, Roger Craig did James Bond in his 50s, Liam Neeson didn't become a major action star until he was in his late 40s and we all know age never stopped Ahnold

If I had to guess, it would be something like this.

The only one of the young X-men movies I ever saw was DOFP, but in that one she was shapeshifted into a disguise at every available opportunity. Even then, I always though Lawrence looked really uncomfortable every time she was on screen, while Romijn seemed pretty at ease with herself in the Mystique makeup/costume. I don't blame Lawrence for not being comfortable walking around basically naked, but I don't understand why she took the role in the first place, or not lobby to get the character's design changed to something she could work with.

I'm not sure which is worse, Lawrence being so checked out or Singer abiding it and willingly deep-sixing Mystique's whole characterization to allow her not to get into makeup.

it is always a shame to see an important character like Mystique play second fiddle to the person playing her. If she was so insistent to not put on all that make-up, she should have just looked up other Mystique looks to use.

They specifically invented a new type of makeup just for her after First Class when she gave that excuse. She's just a lazy shit.

Is unfair compare a actor like Ron with a spoiled brat

Just like she had an allergy to losing weight for the Hunger Games?
Hunger is literally in the name for a reason; Katniss is supposed to be half starved and the reason she's good with a bow is because that's literally the only way her community can get enough to eat.
Christian Bale's kidneys have probably vaporised from all his rapid weight gain and loss, but J-Law is addicted to french fries and can get away with spewing some trite bullshit about body positivity.

>important character like Mystique
Long time ago since I don't read the X-Men, don't know how is she now but Mystique always has been irrelevant, they could do a movie without Xavier Magneto Wolverine and Mystique I don't really need them

Most of the Hunger games takes place after she volunteered and was given lavish food and accommodations. It would have been stupid for her to starve herself for 1/5 of the movie.

Hollywood clearly needs to use the internet more.

Well of course. Men can remain strong a lot longer than women can remain pretty. Some of the more dedicated fighter types can stay big and bulky with muscle well into their 60's with the right supplements and training...Even if there's a bit of flab in there.
And one of the more popular tropes in recent years is the "Grizzled old warrior/veteran/cop/detective/80's action hero dealing with their aging bodies and going out on one last badass adventure before they retire for good...Or die trying."

But movies and TV shows always have a need for the mature villainess, the seductive milf, the saucy grandma, and the dignified queen, just to name a few.

If she hated wearing the blue makeup so much, why didn't she just ask for them to CG it on like how Bill Nighy played Davy Jones? Or compromise and do the make up, but only on her head and hands while she just wears regular clothes?

For two reasons probably.
First and the biggest is you wont be able to see her face.
Second CGI is a whole other beast and actually takes time to get right. Plus with Fox's track record with CGI I wouldn't bank on it being good.

Rebecca Romijn was also hotter imo

>The problem is that most (Modern) female actresses refuse to accept the fact that they're getting older and don't want to take roles fit for their age, while most male actors tend to see aging as a give and take where sure, they can't play a spry 20 year old anymore, but the upside is that they can now do roles they couldn't when they were younger.
Sure man. That's why 80s action heroes are still doing action flicks and Tom Cruise is still playing Tom Cruise. Baby boomers just can't move on

Mystique is important for Rogue, Nightcrawler, and The Brotherhood of Mutants

Rogue hasn't been relevant since the first movie

The Brotherhood does fine without her

Nightcrawler isn't related to her in the Singer-verse

Jesus

These shitpost threads are getting demoralizing.
Why do we even bother lurking this shithole board if this is the only content?

The OP could have just asked a simple question and we could have given the simple answer that was given in the fucking movie and that would be it.
But what does this asshole do? Shitpost.
Anyone who wasn't too busy eating their own crap to watch the movie could have answered this question.
So what was the point?

In the three prequels Mystique is being used as the anchor character, the "everyman" who the viewer is supposed to identify with.
These are typically characters that are little more than a blank slate that all moviegoers can easily identify with.
Mystique and her indecisive allegiances makes her perfect for that role in the prequels.
Wolverine and his amnesia made him perfect for it in the original trilogy.
And of course they both have their basic story elements; deciding who to follow, the romantic entanglements, the hero's journey to making a noble stand for what's right, the character development to becoming a better person, etc...
These are all basics of movie/story scripting.
The inclusion of Magneto is because this is Magneto and Xavier's story. Duh.
The two of them represent the opposing political views and philosophies relevant to a world with this mutant minority group and the question of what is good and what is evil here.