Is this supposed to be some kind of joke? So Marvel doesn't want their audience to actually read their comics anymore?

Is this supposed to be some kind of joke? So Marvel doesn't want their audience to actually read their comics anymore?

Normies.

Oh God, what is this?

Of course they don't.
That's chump change.
They just spoonfeed a wikipedia article as means for advertising the next movie or tv show.

Their entire audience right now is tumblr snowflakes getting wet for Loki and shipping captain america and iron man. Their main demographic is SJW's who will read a blurb on a character and go see their movies, not someone who will buy their comics.

No it's made for people who already don't read comics.

>Normie watches "Comic thing EXPLAINED" video
>"Haha I'm so nerdy! I know everything about comics!"

I want this world to end.

May as well. If they don't get the ad revenue from it then someone else will.

Thanos, is that you?

haha, did you understand that reference?

Well, we can make it end.. Or reset.
But I understand your gripe, I hate when I see people proclaiming how nerdy they are, you mention something that's probably entry-level and they're like "Uhm.. What?"

Redpill me

I'm ready for the reset, Bennu

Shuma Gorath should have taken over.

Death to a billion families and me~

I'm ready for the reset, Bennu.

I think the idea is that there are a lot of people who are overwhelmed by the idea that there are decades of history for Marvel and DC capeshit and that's why they don't even bother to start reading. So if you can get them over that initial roadblock by summarizing the main points, they're more likely to start buying.

Whether or not that works, who knows.

Is this suppose to be surprising? Same company briefly hired Kate Leth.

Sorry, user. It's just the way it is.

If your comic is unclear enough to have to be explained, you failed at the medium.

wut

People watch those because they don't want to read the story, they just want the gist so they can pretend they have knowledge.

They will fuck it up, too.

Nah they just quit lying to themselves

james bond with the sensible answers. you posted in the wrong neighborhood

>it's another "I don't read comics but I want to use Marvel to bitch endlessly about normies/SJWs/blacks/women etc" thread

Do your jobs mods.

That's a channel by a r/comicbooks mod on Reddit.

And yet OP will not be banned. There's no justice.

>shipping anything but Steve-Bucky

Plebary of the most nefarious sort.

HOLY LIVING FUCK DID YOU ACTUALLY JUST POST THAT YOU CUNT.

STEVE AND BUCKY? STEVE AND MOTHERFUCKING BUCKY? AND YOU CALL *OTHER* PEOPLE PLEBS?

NIGGA, STEVE AND BUCKY ISN'T EVEN THE BOTTOM FLOOR SHIP. IT ISN'T EVEN THE BASEMENT SHIP. IT'S THE "THERE WAS AN EARTHQUAKE AND THE BUILDING WAS DESTROYED AND THROUGH LONG GLACIAL YEARS OF GEOLOGICAL PROCESS IT IS NOW UNDER THE SEA" SHIP.

THE WORST. THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING WORST.

DO NOT PRETEND THERE IS ANY REFINEMENT TO YOU. DO NOT PRETEND YOU HAVE CLASS. YOU ARE NOT A PLEB, YOU ARE A BEGGAR WHO WILL BEG FOR CRUMBS FOR PLEBS.

STEVE AND BUCKY, I SWEAR TO GOD. EVERY SHIP IS BETTER THAN THAT.

You sound like a snowflake, but I guess it takes one to know one.

Please go back to your home site.

This isn't even that funny and most of the time it fucks up the summary of a story just for a joke.

The creator of that series was "hired" by marvel to put them out after they shutdown his personal YouTube series
So basically marvel scooping up content for the lowest common denominator
I'm sure that fanseries X-Men danger room protocol could have gotten a deal if not for X-Men

Most "EXPLAINED" usually entail someone just summarizing event of a arc/event.

this should really have a screencap with her complaining that people dont read her book

I like how many of you fucking children keep feeding posts like these. Bitch about how shitty the board has become while simultaneously feeding the shittiest parts.
Please stop.

I think it's fair to call yourself a Batman fan even if you don't read Batman seeing as how Batman is a prominent part of any medium. That and Snyder's run was garbage full of shock gore.
Kate Leth is still a shitter though.

Why is reddit a brony? We have /mlp/ and 'brony' originated from Sup Forums. That's our shirt he's wearing.

Based on the video, they don't want people to watch youtube anymore either.

/notmyshirt

user must spend alot of time in tumblr's echo chambers.

Stucky is the most pleb ship, no one gave a fuck about it until Winter Soldier and only necause of the dumb uwu woobie Bucky crap.

Bucky in the MCU is pretty much a boring piece of wet cardboard in terms of personality and with shitty angst. At least Brubaker gave Winter Soldier a personality by letting him retain Bucky's smartass and cocky little shit personality and he kept the wangst to a minimum.

I tried.

Comicfags are kind of patethic considering that comics are Batman's least profitable and important product and piece of media. They only exist to keep the rights of the character and o test stories for cartoons and movies.

The people who watch (or read? I'm not actually sure what this is, but I have an educated guess) this weren't going to read the comics anyways and seek out equivalent videos/articles from other sources. Marvel probably figures that if they're going to do it anyways, they might as well do it through official channels that way Marvel can at least get some ad revenue or something out of it.

>Shipping Bros
Heresy of the highest degree

Add Coffeehouse AUs, than you'll have Heresy of the Highest Degree.

>least important
>literally created the character
Though I'd say at this point cartoons are less important, if only because how they're treated.
How exactly are you making a profit on something you burn off during 6 am on Saturday

Thank you for reminding me of this travesty upon creative writing that I had almost erased from my memory

>only sane opinion in this thread
>everybody ignores it

Overreacting aside, you're not wrong.

This is just further proof of how out-of-touch Marvel is right now though. To provide literal cliff notes for comics and using the meme "tl;dr" which typically implies words that aren't important enough to bother reading.

They aren't going to get new readers with these videos. They will in fact push more people away.

>"Reeling, gasping, taken over the edge into madness!"

Assuming for the moment that it's legit and is a joke on Marvel's part...

...what makes you think you'd get it even if it were aimed at you?

>marvel is complete and utter terrible SJW shit
>people notice

WAAH MODS!

This.

Videos "explaining" comics are really popular, more popular than any kind of actual comics criticism, so Marvel's actually pretty smart for not leaving money on the table and doing their own version.

It's also no different from the rise of Let's Plays.

The only thing worse is people who get all their knowledge from cartoons, meme images/out of context panels posted on Sup Forums and Sup Forums, and Wikipedia and think this makes them superior to the normies.

True, but in this case Leth refuses to read Batman comics and still makes sweeping judgments about them.

Leth and Bendis are the only creators I actively hate as human beings rather than just hating their work.

>There are people on Sup Forums right now that will defend Marvel and their faggotry.

>Their entire audience right now is tumblr snowflakes getting wet for Loki and shipping captain america and iron man.
Fuck this is me, except I ship Iron man with Hulk.

some of my buddies use stuff like this as a means to get a recap and to find a good jumping on point for a book/character that interests them.

one of them got into superman, green arrow & aquaman through it. so i do think it works to some degree.

Actual photo

i figured she was a fan of BTAS and the burton/schumacher films. if her thoughts on harley quinn's modern designs & her batman 89 pitch are anything to go by.

in the context of the strip that quote is from it sounds more like when she did decide to give the comics a chance she was turned off to them because they weren't like the batman she "grew up" with.

she's still a horrible person and nothing short of self realization on her part is gonna fix that.

Marvel hates comic fans.

Nothing is funnier than talentless Marvel Comics hacks gushing about the success of the movies, which only usher them further into deeper irrelevance. It was so bad about 2 years ago before the movies were ostensibly separated from the comics company. Those fat fucks, who really had nothing to do with the movies, were such smug little fuckers and could barely hid their disdain for uncool comics-reading nerds.

Now that the comics and movies departments are separate, their has been a little bit of a move to reach comics fans more.

Give me one good reason a person with friends, a job, and a family wouldn't absolutely despise comic fans

That's the comic sub mod. They have IRL comicbook guy as a mod. I'm laughing for real. I mean I imagine our mods aren't better, but jesus it's like comicbook guy decided that he needed to gain weight.

How about them being comic fans themselves?