Why doesn't Korra close the portal?

Seriously the spirits want it closed, a good portion of humans want it closed, and some humans want to exploit the spirits resources. Wars have been started for far less how is keeping the portal open a good idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bmKaQqinWKY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because plot.

Korra is so desperate to remain relevant as the Avatar that she'll sacrifice everyone else's safety just to have some sense of purpose.

I know that but cmon look at that picture the spirits are turning dark. it'll be spirits vs humans all over again.
I don't know about that but i feel she has no purpose in life now. Who do you fight when all the monsters are vanquished.

>Who do you fight when all the monsters are vanquished.
You end up like Roku, Aang, Kuruk, Kyoshi, and the others. Build a family and pick favorites like Aang. Travel and have fun (but not too much) like Kuruk. Create two harems like Kyoshi. Or settle on an active volcano like Roku.

Only an asshole spirit want the portal closed. The rest are hanging out in the world and want to live outside of their reservation home

The comic didn't show any spirits hanging around or living outside. I don't think the spirit is an asshole he brings up good points if the ceo had his way he would be ruining the spirit's home which he tries to do 4 hours later. The spirit even gives Korra a chance to make it work but it just wasn't possible.

>more airpunches
just go back to throwing fire around, you failure

You know it's bad when Korrasami and Bolin and Mako interacting with the Triad were the best parts of the comic. The rest of it is Korra being a fucking massive idiot and "deep" politics.

Because that would make Korra look like she made a mistake and Korra is never wrong

Because Spirits living with humans was the natural order of the world

The Spirits were the dominant species and it was the interference of the Lion Turtles and their Bending that caused the shift in balance, allowing humans to take over the world, driving spirits into the Spirit World.

Weren't they forced to live on the turtles because the spirits ruled the planet, and bending only gave them the slighest edge to get food and go back running home?

If anything, The first avatar fucked the spirits over by teaching humans to not return their bending once their hunts were over.

Terrible art

is the comic out yet?

Holy Shit, this girl is just a failure after another.

At least she got a qt gf, because otherwise she should just kill herself.

Because Korra declared that she's the avatar, and it's her job to keep the balance, and somehow that relates to forcing the human and spirits to live together despite neither side wanting to do so. Let's ignore the fact that she always fails at that job, and that she also killed the spirit of disorder right before she declared that.

Or date a multimillionaire like Korra?

Lots of spirits are hanging out all over the world in the series proper. That one desert town looked downright cozy with the spirits.

To be fair a lot of the previous Avatars did a lot of forcing other people too, so it's part of the job.

youtu.be/bmKaQqinWKY

I'm honestly convinced that Korrasami would've been better if it was told in bantz between the cops and the triads. Legend of Korra is way too sanitized to do a full triad story.

It's different now, humans rule the land and will never again return to that era especially since the benders roam free and shit

yes it is. got mine from the local barnes and noble.

Know what would make her change her mind?
Koh.
Just everyone's faces being stolen.
And it's all her fault.

If spirits had kept their portrayal from TLA and hadn't transformed into Studio Ghibli critters by the time of LOK then the world would be completely fucked.

But there was still that panda spirit who was the rip off of the forest fires bear who cared about the forest and shit. And the river spirit humanoid who cares about keeping rivers pure and the the village. And the Moon and Ocean spirits keeping the world's oceans in check. And Iroh, being one of the wisest and most good willed character in the show being so in touch with spirit related things. There's plenty of evidence that spirits can still maintain order and open for coexistence with the super power