You have 10 seconds to explain whats stopping superman from detaining every batman villain effortlessly

You have 10 seconds to explain whats stopping superman from detaining every batman villain effortlessly

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zsz1p7R5CQA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Batman is an autist whose only friends in Gotham are his villains, so Superman respects his needs and leaves them alone. Just look at what happened when Joker went to Metropolis

Clayface can freely shapeshift and easily disguise himself.

They'll escape

He respects Batman and trusts that he can handle it on his own.

There's actually a story where Clark and Bruce trade cities for a night.

Ok? And the nanosecond he commits a crime supes is there

Writers.

Clayface is a hero now

It's fine in incarnations where Superman is really powerful, but not literally fast enough to intercept every villain in the city upon instantly detecting where they all are before the electrical signals telling anyone else to act can travel throughout their bodies.

This is part of the reason the power creep in comics is absolutely retarded and that no superhero movies except the delightfully silly Reeves Superman ones have comic-accurate power levels.

At the moment nothing because they're not expecting him.

You have 10 seconds to explain what's stopping them from putting in something to stop Superman next time the commit a crime.

>Just look at what happened when Joker went to Metropolis

He got owned in 5 minutes?

Superman's x-ray vision would let him see he has no bones

Nothing.
Nothing can stop Superman from doing whatever the fuck he wants.
Except Superman. How far does he want to go? Where would he draw the line? And Gotham is a crazyfactory. So bad, uber-corrupt mafia controlled crime central is actually Gothams Good end. The only way to 'beat' Gotham would be going full dictatorship and then all the superfags would bitch AGAIN.
ITT Superautists b8 casuals

I hope it lasts. There have been so many Clayfaces at this point they could just make a new one if they really wanted an evil Clayface again.

Exactly. But Superman doesn't go to Gotham and take down all the villains instantly, which he clearly can

Lois died and Supes became Super Hitler.

Batman. Batman is stopping him, he doesn't want help.

Also, Superman has bigger threats to deal with then some schmuck asking difficult riddles.

I would like to read that story

>There's actually a story where Clark and Bruce trade cities for a night.
Oh which issue? I'd love to read that

The status quo.

The canon answer is because Gotham is too big of a cynical shit hole that even Supes' kindness can't penetrate it. In No Man's Land Superman comes to help but everyone is too corrupt and selfish that even one small time electrician becomes a baron given the chance.

>injustrash
another story retard

>thats the joke

Could have fooled me.

Nope. Doctor Gotham would still just make more Jokers.

This just implies how shitty comics in general are. Superman and Flash logically could stop every crime from ever happening and create utopia but they don't and this is why cape power sets are so shit because you have overpowered heroes who do nothing effective with their abilities

They all have the same name as his mother

Which time? I can think of a comic, a video game series with a comic, and a three-part crossover episode off the top of my head. And I'm sure there's more than just that.

Batman is a cuck
He never kills the bad guys, but wouldn't have a problem if the law decided to give them the death sentence
He's just to much of a pussy to do it himself

Man Mad really should learn how to differentiate he voice from the character's . This is so shit.

Batman doesn't kill because he feels that's the last step between him and his insanity

he's weak then

The shared universe doesn't make any sense and shouldn't be looked at too closely. For ease of crossovers Superman, Batman and all the other heroes were merged into a single universe. At the same time Batman lives in his own little universe with its own heroes, villains, themes and rules. In some ways it would make more sense if each hero had their own seperate world. Batman would be a world of street-level heroes and villains while Superman is a world of big cosmic threats. X-Men could deal with their mutant stuff while Avengers save the world. But it would be less fun and people don't care about comics making sense anyway.

He is a man who dresses up as a bat and gallivants around a city on a crusade against crime on a nightly basis, I think he may have a bit of a point there.

Because Lois would get angry and wouldn't stop bitching, then there would be no more spunky female journalist sex for the Man of Steel.

That was my problem with the story, too. Both characters just talked like Max Landis. Joker's "Hot Topic" crack... would The Joker even know what "Hot Topic" is? No, but Max Landis does, and it was his joke.

The entire story was just lazy, too. Okay, Landis doesn't think that the Joker is a good character. Valid opinion.

Instead of addressing this by fixing what he sees as his shortcomings as a character are and making him what he thinks would be a better character, or kinda doing some deconstruction of the taken-for-granted meaning behind the character and demonstrating why there must be something more to it, he just has a character act as his mouthpiece and tell the Joker why Max Landis thinks The Joker sucks as a character.

Essentially has Superman hovering there, saying "lol only edgy teens like you The Dark Knight sucks and that can't even be a movie in my universe but I'm telling you it sucks anyway and also you suck in general."

That's the story. That's it.

Somebody should write a story with Martian Manhunter telling Max Landis why he sucks as a writer, but instead of talking like Martin Manhunter, his speech bubbles will be Sup Forums-style greentext.

They're best friends. Would you go out of your way to show up your best friend in a field he's passionate about? Friends don't make friends feel like failures. At least, not on purpose.

Clark pls

youtube.com/watch?v=zsz1p7R5CQA

Batman and Superman #53

Why doesn't Batman ever try to stop Lex Luthor?

Batman is actually a mental patient and the entire city of gotham and villains are there to entertain his delusions

He's tried. The thing is, Luthor is like his own criminals- he can't beat him to a pulp, tie him up with the Batrope and leave him outside the police station, because they couldn't actually charge him with anything. Luthor's not that kind of supervillain, he's very white collar.

Historically, when Batman tries to go after Luthor, he's forced to do it as Bruce Wayne, using his wealth and his corporation to either find a way to make something stick legally, or to drain his resources to the point that he can't use LexCorp to commit any further crimes. He usually fails to pull it off because at the end of the day, Lex is richer, smarter, and way, WAY better and using the bureaucracy of corporate America as a weapon than Bruce is.

Simply put, Lex is out of his league.

Batman is childhood BFF with a magical girl who can say anything backwards and have it happen why doesn't she clean up Gotham, Hell she even have a reason to do it?

Isn't there a comic where Alfred is Joker?

He's got no incentive to do that. If anything, it works in favor to have another person to keep Superman in check.

Because you don't get to just go detain everybody you don't like and skip due process.

Superman is not going to interfere with the US gubmint unless absolutely necessary. And he's not going to personally imprison someone unless they are some kind of intergalactic threat that is not under any country's jurisdiction and couldn't possibly be detained by them either.

Also in countries that aren't totalitarian third world shitholes we tend to at least try to rehabilitate criminals rather than locking them away forever and letting them rot. Even freaks like Charles Manson are allowed to further their education, find religion, and develop trade skills in case of the incredibly unlikely event that he someday got parole.

comic books

Jesus user its like you don't even read comics or something where did you get this from? The reason is fucking simple, Lex is a Superman villain simple and even so this user makes more sense than you

I hate that I have to be reminded that retards like you are allowed to vote

Oddly I can't tell if you're an SJW or Sup Forums, since both are literally autistic moral absolutists.

morals

Superman isn't mentally fit for dealing with the psychopaths in Gotham

Subtlety.

Batman villains don't operate out in the open and often have themselves under a few legal proxies that keep a Face like supes from just barging in and wrecking the place without also wrecking his reputation.

Batman's rep of not giving a shit about his image(he wants people to fear him) makes him more effective against Gotham's criminals.

What's wrong with anything he said?

Simple, Superman has 100 million more threatening things to worry about that the idiot robbing a bank and leaving clues about it.

>Best friends
>Wasn't the best man at clarks wedding
Sure.

Awesome, thank you

'sup, Max.

Last year called, they want their joke back.

Why would playboy billionaire Bruce Wayne be mild mannered reporter Clark Kent's best man? Do they even personally know each other?

>Why aren't superheroes soulless automatons who do literally nothing but fight crime?

>Reeves
>that goddamn celophane S
>Comic accurate

We all enjoyed those movies user, but let's not pretend memory erasing lips and time travel happens in everyday Superman stories.

It's the truth, you have no excuse to claim to be a defender of the people when you're not using your skill set to it's maximum capability in that pursuit. You see Flash with retard speed levels faster than instant yet he hasn't removed all criminals from the planet and researched fusion and other technologies for application. They're grossly overpowered and they're fighting fucking nooks most of the time. This is why most capes are shit and why characters like Batman are so popular.

Because when written properly, Luthors intellect dwarfs Batman's and he would completely fuck him up

Batman tried when Lex became prez, Lexie procedeed to explain how he'd be able to completely fuck up Batman's life if he dared lay a single finger on him.

This reminds me of that issue where robin and Supergirl were in Arkham Asylum and Supergirl cracked under the pressure of having to deal with a hostage situation and robin had to come stop it himself.

>supes walks in smugly wearing kryptonite suit
>how silly of me, i forgot the acid

Superman regularly goes to Apokolips. That place makes Gotham look like Disney land

Superman wants to be a good father and husband

Personal happiness & fulfillment > civic duty.

batman

he's too busy jacking it in space listening to all the kids being raped all over the world

Lets not pretend a celophane S and tiem travel wouldn't be an asspull Silver age Superman comics would do. Besides, the time travel even within the movie was not meant to be an everyday thing.

Charles Manson is not still alive for hopes of rehabilitation. He simply got caught during a time when the death penalty was not enforced in California.

Isnt batman an actual autist who orders other heroes to get out of his city? I remember him allowing gotham and gotham girl to run around his city, and him thinking "hey this seems nice... maybe i was wrong about the whole superpowered thing"

They come up with stupid reasons for why The Flash doesn't just pop up in Batman's comic and go, "I was just passing through your neighbourhood, and I remembered hearing on the news about how this evil cult-leader guy pretty much took over an entire city with an army of brainwashed hobos and the place is pretty much a warzone occupied by a domestic militia on US soil, which is unprecedented in itself, so I thought I'd help you out by punching him and dropping him in a cell really fast. Everything should be going back to normal soon. See you at the Watchtower office party on Thursday?"

You kinda just have to accept it. It's a "why doesn't Batman just kill The Joker?" kind of question. He doesn't do it, because we want to read more Joker stories, and nobody wants to sacrifice those stories for the sake of something as trifling as "making sense" or some shit. Who cares about "sense?"

So, like, if you don't want a dues ex machina in every title every month, just accept those thrown-in silly lines like "too bad the Avengers are in space, or else they would have helped out!" (even though you've got the Avengers on your pull list and know they are literally not in space that month) or "Batman is a little precious about making sure he's the only one who gets to play hero on his stomping grounds, even if it has consequences for thousands of lives" excuse and enjoy your story.