How would you fix it, Sup Forums?

How would you fix it, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

derpibooru.org/1036064
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Samurai-Jack/Issue-20?id=2823
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bring back more of the original writers, and instruct them to keep the gritty feel of the first 3 episodes.

kill off Ashi when Jack killed the other sisters

This.

>Jack joins his friends in a final assault against Aku
>they're successful
>he can't get back
>back to the past
>he's fine with it and lives his life out in the future
>he ages properly since he's killed off Aku
>Jack and Ashi can still be together because I don't care
>montage of everyone trying to build a better society
>Jack slowly becomes this Jack
>there are rumors of another time portal
>it's protected by the Guardian
>he says something like "Now's the time"
>last shot is of an old Jack and Ashi going through the time portal

Stop reading my mind user

Make it about Jack and only Jack, no deviantart mary sue and no scotsman
Jack should only have his fucked up alterego as companionship so he not only has to face the monsters in the real world but he also has to fight battles in his own mind
Make the return to old style jack slow and careful, so it's actually meaningfull and feels like he earned it
So in conclusion make it as serious as the first 3 episodes without being full berserk edge, make Aku actually do stuff and KEEP THE FUCKING ARMOR

No fucking Ashi.

/thread
There was barely any room to wrap everything up and he had the brilliant idea of shoehorning a waifu

/thread

This.
Jack's purpose was never to go back to the past. It was to defeat Aku. He hadn't even seen any of his friends or family in decades. At the end of the series he had more of a home in the future than he ever had in the past.

This man makes sense.

Less dialogue.

One hour series finale

LE
EXTRA
THICC
XD

Make the finale an hour and a half. Give resolution to the future characters. The beats of the finale are the correct ones, but it is too short for each moment to sink in. Like Jack fights Ashii, then they go back to the past, then he kills Aku, then they get married, then Ashii is not real. That last moment could have been poignant if Jack spent some time at home. He has no one to connect with because his journey has changed him. he has no purpose with Aku left. Only Ashi understands. Show how he can't relate to his family after seeing all that he's seen. Then take Ashi away. The last scene is the right one for the series. Only other thing I would suggest is to give Jack something to do. He's kind of back to being purposeless after killing Aku and Ashi's death. What is there left for him? Will he love again?

Instead of stupidly extending the finale, just make the season 13 episodes long like the other ones.

There is nothing stupid about a longer running finale. Many shows do them.

>these ashi antis

I'd probably just end your life
derpibooru.org/1036064

>waifufag posts anime pic
Predictable

This got run into the ground pretty quickly and I hate it.

And they always end up with worse pacing for it. If you can't plan ahead well enough to use only the number of episodes given, you should probably get someone more talented than yourself to write the scripts.

>1-hour finale

That's it. It's all I really needed.

you aren't barneyfag fuck off

How did you come to that conclusion?

Not him, but barneyfag has a hint of craziness to his demeanor while posting sources for the autistic shit that he's raging over, while you're just being a dumb faggot.

barneyfag, no matter how autistic he gets, always first gives a justification for why he's spamming anti-mlp images by pointing out some tiny detail about a post, and he also wouldn't use any coherent sentences after 3 posts

This. The finale went by so fast.

This please this

make Ashi male, thus cutting off any cannon notion of romance. There was simply not enough time to properly build the romance angle up.

>while posting sources
but I did just that

The Green Samurai made me mad. What a fucking waste of time.

Oh my God, shut the fuck up about the Guardian already. What is it with you fucking people?

By ditching the shitty art style

How long do you think it should take for a romance arc?

Episode 7 would've been an episode where Jack and Ashi are together for the whole thing, give them a montage like Jack and Ikra had in the desert episode. I think people would've liked the Jack and Ashi thing more if the preceding episode gave people a little more of them together. 6 had them seperate, and 7 for the most part had them seperate.

Although I enjoyed most of the new season as it was, for all the flaws it had, I did envision something different.
>ten episodes
>each of them unrelated for the most part
>no main storyline
>just Jack travelling around and facing weird creatures and situations as in the original
>give them a bit of an edge with blood and more adult themes
>make reference to the missing sword and Jack's personal demons through his adventures
>close to the end of the series give Jack his sword back in an episode dedicated to getting it back through both physical and mental means
>keep the beard on or at least have Jack personally shave it
>final two episodes consisting on the final battle against Aku a la "Birth of Evil"
>Jack can either go back home or stay in the future; I don't care which one

Delete Ashi from the start.

As in take her away from the series entirely or just make her another nameless drone?

People can change their posting styles, you know. It's uncommon, but it can happen.

She is the weakest one and gets killed immediately. Jack kills the rest of the sisters. Jack fights the souls and wins without Ashi. Some other bullshit, until Jack gets back to the portal and gives us the ending I was promised.

>liking a female character in any media makes you a waifufag

It kind of does, as female characters are generally shitty.

No shit. And posting an anime reaction pic just triple confirms that.

You might as well just name your waifu you clearly have one.

Fuck are you both retarded.

all memes do nowadays

Come on hurry up and tell us who she is. Why are you keeping her a secret?

Start over from episode 3, and make the ending the only realistic ending that DOESN'T end in a fucking paradox, where Jack realizes that there is no returning to the past, and that he has to live with his mistake of letting Aku trick him, sending him to the future. Also, a Father-daughter relation ship with Ashi, the Waifu shit was just retarded. Jack was almost a hundred years old, he wouldn't see Ashi as a love interest, but as a pupil to guide into seeing the truth and fighting for what is right. It'd take alot to get romantically connected to Jack after all the time, and what has happened.

>Remove the omen, his purpose was basically the same as mad jack and could have been filled by him
>get the sword back in a different way(avoid the deus ex machina)
>actually kill off the scotsman completely or not at all
>give Jack and Ashi more screentime together before and after their relationship kicks off.
>either fully commit to time travel consequences, don't have them AT ALL, or don't go back in time PERIOD.
>save high priestess for later, make her and Aku into the final bosses for Ashi and Jack respectively, with each pair tagging eachother in/out as needed for cool action sequences
>remove the part where aku turns into an autism cloud and rains spikes
don't kill Ashi. both because I really liked her character/arcs and believed she deserved a victory/happy ending as much as Jack, but also because it feels scummy to taint Jacks victory that he earned after 50 years with one last fuck you

not him but judging by his defense of her it's obviously Ashi

Ashi was my favorite character in the new season, I'm still pissed off she died(especially in such a shitty way) and Raven is my waifu

>Any ending where jack accepts the future as ok

I know, but I just hate that one in particular, since it's relevant to the thread

It's not that he would accept the current state of the future, but realizing how much better he has already made it for alot of people even with Aku still ruling.
Then he would realize how much better he can make it now that aku is dead.

kill off Ashi when Jack killed the other sisters
jack's companion through the whole travels is a mysterious cloaked man.
during the battle with aku it's revealed the guardian is in fact the mysterious figure.
the guardian is mortally wounded but see's jack kill aku.
jack helps rebuild the war torn world. he returns to the guardians grave and there is a time portal home.
jack hears the guardian's voice say your finally the one jack your finally the one.
jack goes home kills aku.
arriagned marriage happens jack lifts up the veil it's ashi wearing a lady bug type hair accessory
wacha!

People liked the fight and the idea of jack actuality defeating him

4 things actually

Have Jack and Ashi kill future Aku, but the battle cost is so big there is nothing left to save.

Dont kill the guardian and have Jack fight him to go back to the past as intended,

Have Jack choose between the future with her or save the past from Aku since only one indivudual gets to use the time portal.

Cue to Ashi staying as Jack defeats Aku in the Past.

There this is more satysfying.

Give it 20 episodes and let Genndy do the rest.

I don't care anymore at this point. I'll just be here writing my AU instead arguin about this shit for the thousandth time.

Wow, that sentence sucked.

(OP)
derpibooru.org/1036064

Two routes

1. (Preferable Route) Keep story we had, flesh it out with 4-5 more episodes, and extend finale to one hour.

2. At the end of the Daughters of Aku slaughter, have Jack stand off against Ashi, and as he easily counters her attacks, he senses her innate desire to be free from her mindless path and purpose through reluctant body language, cleverly written conversation, etc and he tries to convince her to stop and live her own life

He breaks through and she stops her attack, then he asks her name but like almost immediately after she tells him the log breaks and she falls, Jack tries to save her but fails and she dies. This is the catalyst/major contributing factor his suicide subplot. Scotsman saves him instead.

He meets her again in the corrected future timeline at the very, very end. Or a pre-incarnation.

Keep the first three episodes the same. Fourth and on change up a little- have the pair split up, Jack to find his sword and Ashi to learn the truth of the world that is Aku, give each character a chance to show more clear development. Queue montage episode of Ashi meeting people Jacks helped, and Jack going to an actual spirit monk to confront his inner demons. They meet back up and carry on like normal up to the daughter of Aku reveal.

Finale is a two parter- first is the allies of Jack breaking into Akus castle in the final siege and Ashi regaining control, second episode has the final fight in the past. During the final fight back in the past Aku binds himself into his essence inside Ashi, Jack runs her through with the sword. Aku is slain but Ashi lives, as the sword cannot harm a person with a true heart.

Last bit of the episode is the marriage, but this time Jack looks older, with a touch of grey in his hair. Have him narrating over the wedding, talking as if to someone else, having the shot change to reflect what he's saying:

"For fifty years I fought against the tyranny of Aku far into the future. When I returned and finally defeated him, it was if all those years never were- after all, without Aku, none of those that I met would ever be. But, I don't think that's quite true. I believe they shall still be- but in a future free of Aku, free to live their lives however they dreamed to. But time travel is a fickle thing. All those years I fought and struggled are returning to me. I do not know how much time I have left in this world, but do not worry- every moment we live is a gift, and I intend not to squander it.

"My days shall no longer be spend surrounded by evil, but by my family, my friends, and those I love. Their future, and all of out futures, are now what we will make of them. I could ask for no greater gift."

Queue final shot of the tree, but its Jack standing with a pregnant Ashi.

I'll admit it...in this time of political shitflinging and endless contrarianism, I love Barneyfag. It's great to have one hilarious idiot sperg out constantly we can all laugh at.

>Jack realizes that if he goes back in time and kills aku everyone he spent decades saving will never have existed
>Decides to kill aku in the future as opposed to going back to the past
>Rules as the new benevolent god-emperor

NO ASHI
MORE WOLF

No, seriously. HOW in the fuck did you even know this came from there? At this point, I believe any Barneyfag is a closet brony. Makes no sense how you can find this.

Why in the fuck are you posting in this thread? The pony is cropped out and nobody would know or care that there was a pony with it. Holy shit you've got problems.

Don't have one, faggot.
What defense? all I did was post a greentext. Are you brain dead?

Finally, the perfect thread to spill my autism.

>episode 3, Jack kills everyone but Ashi
>episode 4, Jack tries to convert Ashi but fails, has to kill her too
>episode 5, Scotsman dies but DOESN'T come back, Jack has major descent into madness and commits sudoku
>episode 6, he's trapped in the underworld and reunites with the Scotsman, gets his courage back, last awesome battles of old dead enemies with Scotsman
>episode 7, in underworld, completes three action packed trials from each of the Gods and in return becomes alive with his own sword
>episode 8, gathers everyone for one big ass mega battle, Aku off-guard bc he thinks Jack is dead
>episode 9, Jack versus Aku
>episode 10, Jack versus Aku as they travel through time, Aku defeated, Jack wins, WACHA

derpibooru.org/1036064

Keep almost everything the same but when Jack and Ashi travel back in time have Aku chase them through the portal and combine with his past self. Jack would then defeat the Aku who we had seen through out the series, create two separate timelines where he saved the past and the future and gets to be with Ashi. The bittersweet angle would be that Jack would never know that he had saved all his friends in the future.

Fuck off you annoying twats.

>Episodes like the old seasons, monster of the week as Jack tries to find a way to kill aku
>Comes to a grand realisation that allows him to kill aku in the final battle with the help of his friends
>Watch as the world reverts to its old self and end with a tired but happy jack looking out and remembering the friends he made on his adventures before walking into the countryside

>>he ages properly since he's killed off Aku
>>last shot is of an old Jack and Ashi going through the time portal
Right there.
These two points are where the entirety of Sup Forums would bitch because they can't wrap their head around a ficitonal portrayal of time travel.
Just like what happened with the ending we got.

There is no winning.
You cannot satisfy fans for a show this beloved.
Nobody gets what they want.
Be fucking happy we got an ending at all.

>>episode 4, Jack tries to convert Ashi but fails, has to kill her too
Then there is no point to even introducing the sisters if they are all gonna get killed off.
You just wasted 4 episodes that fans would say could be used to better pace then ending.

JUst watch the fucking intro to the season.

If they had stayed loyal to the "Season about jack suffering for the death of innocents and trying to remember the way of the samurai" deal, it would have been flawless. Justwatch episodes 1~4 and you will see what I am talking about.

Not him, but at least in regards to that time travel portrayal, it is ambiguous enough that people can decide their own rules of how it works.
Cynical people can decide that ashi disappears, and hopeful people can decide she doesn't. I would have preferred that kind of ambiguity rather than just shitting on everyone who liked Ashi.

Fucking everyone who says ashi should be killed off in episode 3 needs to read this

bump

Go by the comic ending, with the fight scene added in.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Samurai-Jack/Issue-20?id=2823