Do you know how much power I would have to give up to be the president

Do you know how much power I would have to give up to be the president

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8muRHrvvAtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=K4TC1xMyZDI
youtube.com/watch?v=RgHiDknRAgw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The DCAU had way too much Lex-wank. You'd think that the 15-year franchise was created by Luthor himself.

Top 10 most powerfull multiracial characters

#7. Lex Luthor

>too much Lex-wank
>not too much Bat-wank

He's not lying. Businessmen aren't accountable to the whims of their nation but politicians are

See, this is exactly the sort of thing that makes me think the DCAU is infinitely superior to the DCEU
The writing is just plain better
There's no pretentious pseudo-existentialism, just good old fashioned bad guys
>muh power can be innocent
Fuck off, that means nothing.

Do you know how much rulebreaking you have to do to post that?

Stop being a fag. OP was simply quoting Lex.

Are you sure that's actually a rule on this board? I've seen a shitload of posts exactly like those examples, never noticed a single one getting deleted though.

If you unironically believe this you're not only retarded.

The only reason Lex Author can do anything he did without going out of business is not only because it's not real but because the writers had no incentive or intention to make it believable. In real life however politicians can spend your money on weaponry, technology to more effectively watch you and your family, killing kids in countries you've never heard of, and giving away to people and companies who didn't earn or deserve it.

And politicians are the only people who can tell you it's for your own good.

Finally some actual fucking realism on this topic.

>companies arent accountable to their customers

The thing is you retards vote those people into office. A business isn't a democracy

Money isn't power, money can sometimes be used to get power, but the most wealthy usually isn't the most powerful. How powerful are Bill Gates and Warren Buffet? How powerful were the Russian oligarchs when Putin told them to get in line or be stripped of everything and thrown in jail? How powerful were the business owners in Venezuela when Chavez publicly humiliated them and seized their companies on live television?

Businessmen don't have actual power compared to governments. The only reason Lex gets away with stuff like openly having giant robots stomp around and blow shit up is because it's comics. Comics are dumb.

Yes it is, it's called voting with your dollar.

Their customers aren't just from one single nation and no single nation can dictate to them entirely.

The best government is no government, but if we must have one it better fucking run like a business

Lex is literally the best villain.

Yes, history is replete with examples of extremely wealthy men thinking money is power till they get slapped down by the people with actual power.

I suppose if you want to demarcate it that way sure. But by that logic no president is accountable to one state.

No, they're not. Consumers will accept almost anything these days as long as the marketing is appealing enough, concepts like product quality have now become all but irrelevant.

He's the best villain BECAUSE he's a spiteful, childish, hypocritical, irrational, evil, and overall petty little shit underneath all his bluster. Not because he's the pragmatic rational genius defender of humanity that he actually claims to be.

governments cant run like a business because they don't have things like profit and competition to deal with.

That doesn't make it a democracy because you're not running the business. The point is that they offer a product you either want or don't want. If you don't want it they simply it into something that you do want. You however, don't get to determine how the business is run because you have no right to as you did not originally invest into it. As I said, the business owner isn't accountable to you

Literally how? All bats does in the timmverse is be most fuckable man in the universe, able to seduce anyone from Cheetah to Wonder Woman to Barbara to Etc. Etc.

Since that is true and we're all just gullible automatons, when are you going to see the Emoji movie?

>Superman buys a 5 percent stake in Lexcorp
>shows up to every shareholder meeting just to fuck with lex
>After every initiative is announced, he raises his hand and says "So this program, does it have any Kill Superman and Take Over The World applications, or is this strictly a profitable enterprise?"

Are you serious? Everyone and everything with the exception of Amazo was depowered by like 99% to make Bats look better. Fucking hell, Timm even added an entirely new weakness to Kryptonians.

The president is accountable to the people who elected him into office. If he doesn't perform then he gets voted out. A business is accountable to no one. He has to make decisions that are best for the company to ensure survival buy at the end of the day, he's still in charge and no one can say otherwise. Unless this is a publicly traded company with a shareholders board

A government run like a business? Do you actually think that would work? Unless it was ran as a non-profit enterprise for the sake of the people at the expense of monetary gain, you'd had food riots within a decade.

Bullshit. If any businessman told the lies that Obama said to pass Obamacare, they'd be in jail for decades.

Despite the memes, product quality is still important, unless you want to get sued. The thing is at what point can you let the quality slip a bit because the lawsuits would be cheaper than the actual fix

5 percent wouldn't get you a seat at the table

I'd imagine 5 percent absolutely would, since it's more than enough to be a substantial kingmaker position. It would depend entirely on the corporate charter though.

>you'd had food riots within a decade.
That's gonna happen in much less than a decade the way things have been going for a while now.

Completely untrue 5 percent is a large stake. Very rarely do single individuals own a majority stake.

Why would you compare the DCEU with the DCAU? One had decades to build itself while the other didn't

I personally won't, but clearly enough people will that it got made in the first place. The market has spoken with its collective wallets (and idiocy).

What happened to Lex after he discovered the anti-life equation?

You talk as if the government grows all the food when it doesn't at least not ours. We say ran like a business because otherwise you have politicians who waste money on frivolous shit and then raising taxes to compensate for their inability to manage money. The government isn't a tool to serve the people, it's meant to maintain order in the country and to ensure that people don't step on the rights of others

I'd read it.

>at least not ours
>US doesn't heavily subsidize agriculture.
come the fuck on.

They have analogous concepts, like budgets and the ballot box.

Vince McMahon's own children (this includes his big noses son in law) each own less than 5% of WWE. In fact I think none of them even own more than 3%

You are a fucking retard.

There's an enormous gulf between a (provably!) dangerous product and a high quality one that capitalist supporters like you conveniently ignore.

>gulf between high quality and low quality

What, like medium quality?

lol fucking seriously? what about all the lies trump has told throughout his pathetic career?

>Yes it is, it's called voting with your dollar.
>Yes, history is replete with examples of extremely wealthy men thinking money is power till they get slapped down by the people with actual power.

Look, I voted Libertarian for years, but most observation and research indicates this line of thinking is bullshit.

Most people aren't educated and rational enough to "vote with their dollar" but just impulse buy shit without thinking.

This kicker is that people both vote and buy like idiots making both government and business ruled with idiotic and irrational whims so they're not that different from each other and neither is ruled by even rational self-interest, instead both are more likely by hysteria and ignorance, so you're likely screw either way. You can't count on the free market or government to save you.

Government today are usually actually controlled by capitalist oligarchs whether you're a Democrat or Republican. But government and wealthy families also work together to just out and out steal taxpayer money. These groups are usually the same small group of powerful people whether they call themselves "government" or "business" and the idea that there's a division is bullshit.

Chances are if you're reading this you're not "one of them" and never will be so you will never benefit much from the way the system is set up and probably won't see your innovation, hard work, STEM skills and education, etc. ever actually pay off for you, it will instead be siphoned from you by the political and business elite, who are all the same people. You're porbably lying to yourself that it means anything like I used to.

We all just need to suck it up and accept we'll all keep getting screwed if we want to be honest with ourselves, I guess.

And all the other levels in between, yeah. What we have now is a universe of products just above outright dangerous tier (most of the time), and a tiny, rapidly shrinking offering of extremely expensive "luxury" goods that are usually medium quality at best, objectively speaking. And that's to say nothing of services, where it's so much easier to rip the consumer off in many cases that companies being shitty in some industries have become memes.

Fuck capitalism and all its supporters.

Batman wasn't even in JL/JLU most of the time. The universe in general just had a lower power ceiling

>universe of products just above outright dangerous tier
You sound pretty damn paranoid. You afraid your toaster is going to kill you? You think something at the dollar store is lethal?

>just above
Learn to read, fag.

Yeah, why be able to pick and and choose when you can have just one poorly made option and hope you don't starve because of a lack of food

They were appointed in executive positions, that's why they get a say, not because of their stake because it's far too small

>We say ran like a business because otherwise you have politicians who waste money on frivolous shit

I've worked for both private industry and government and both waste billions of dollars on frivolous shit all the time.

I would have to say businesses probably waste way more money overall because there is some kind of (very broken) accountability to the taxpayers, while businesses just outright hide how much they waste (and unless you're working directly with the funds, you'll probably never hear about or have any idea just how much is wasted or just taken), but both are pretty bad honestly, because people are incredibly wasteful and businesses and government are just both flawed, selfish, greedy people.

But not Batman, if anything his was higher.

>tiny, rapidly shrinking offering of extremely expensive "luxury" goods that are usually medium quality at best
How many smart phones were there 20 years ago?

Ah, the decades-old tech argument. Well user, how many *better* smartphones were there 5 years ago, all things considered (including price)?

Now, if you *really* want to see how stupid your side of the argument is, ask yourself the same thing about PCs. (Try 10 years, even.)

the funny thing is, whenever some company thinks it can be not accountable to their customers, it's virtually always in cahoots with the politicians

That's not how it works. That's how shitty American propaganda says it works.

>have now become all but irrelevant.

It's been that way for a long time, just offhand olive oil comes to mind. Half of olive oil is not all olive oil and a lot of big brands have no olive oil in it at all, it's just some other much cheaper oily substance mislabelled on purpose. Also, "Light Olive Oil" is not "low fat" or "low cal" olive oil, brands are allowed to call it that for having a "light" shade of color.

A lot of the shit you buy could be bad for you or dangerous because testing everything is just too expensive and time-consuming. So just assume the medication you buy from the stores is sugar pills unless you've done your research like you're supposed to. Products that aren't just bullshit are only for people who can spend a lot of time researching every single thing they buy. That's your responsibility alone.

Basically, if you don't have a team of people working for you to research your products even today there's a good chance you're buying shit that is not what it says on the label or could be bad for you or dangerous because it saves company money. Before you buy any product you need to do tons of research and never assume all the labels aren't 100% a lie. "Buyer beware."

Yeah, let's just ignore the history of the soviet union, communist China, Castro's Cuba, and Venezuela. The revolution will save us all comrade

Whats your point? Do you think everyone doesn't already know this?

Unfortunately, the average person's free time is finite, and even more so in this terrible economy where many have to work multiple jobs just to pay the bills. So even if people had the skills to research that kind of stuff (and nobody has skills like that for every possible industry!), they would simply not be able to.

Which means massive market failure is guaranteed, and the only remedy is government intervention through regulation. Well, that or terrible consequences resulting from libertarian inaction, your pick I guess.

>People unironically think people can't spend their own money in a way they believe makes them happy but they can vote on what makes other people happy

PCs are incredibly varied and have innumerable options within a range of budgets. Same as phones.

US subsidies go to already profitable industries and organizations they'd be fine if not better off without it.

Neither works. Capitalist China (i.e. China for the past few decades) and communist China are/were both fascist hellholes. It's hilarious people pretend there is any difference for a lot of people who have no freedom either way.

The USSR was a great country. It's an actual tragedy for the entire world that it collapsed.

And modern China is no longer communist at all, it's heavily crony capitalist. It's a template which US corporations are looking at longingly.

Maxwell Lord > Lex Shitor

Lex is our guy

youtube.com/watch?v=8muRHrvvAtQ

I'm glad he depowered everything.

Yes I'm sure the millions of people who died in the gulags thought it was great too

>PCs are incredibly varied and have innumerable options within a range of budgets.
Funny, there were options available for PC purchases (especially laptops) at the start of this decade that I couldn't dream of finding now.

Not to mention that the entire software industry has gone insane (in no small part thanks to Microsoft's "leadership"), so even if you could get that great hardware somewhere you'd still be fucked.

Phones are going down the same path, and much quicker too. They just started much later.

Him and Darkseid were absorbed into the Source Wall, just like every other being who thought they could control the power of anti-life.

The whole world was killing each other in that era of history. Cherrypicking one country's atrocities is something that only hypocrites like yourself do.

I'm just saying it's always been foolish to assume the things you buy won't hurt you or that the people selling the products aren't lying to everyone.

I feel like a lot of people here haven't had high-level executive jobs. It's no secret that the products are lies, that corners or cut, or in some cases (tobacco industry for example) that the product will kill a percentage of the customers. It's been that way for a long time.

Everyone involved has one interest: making a profit just for themselves the next quarter, even if it means running the company straight into the ground or hurting yourself personally the quarter after that. That's all.

You are the only one responsible for yourself and keeping yourself safe in a capitalist society, and that's always been true. Others are incentivized to hurt you if in the very short term it hurts them. Viewing things otherwise is idealistic.

You just need to be honest with yourself. Again, it's your responsibility. If you buy a product that hurts you because the company lied to you and to everyone else, bribed the government/crony capitalism, paid for made up or dishonest "scientific studies," that's all your fault. It's been that way for a very long time.

There's atrocities and theres genocide. Shut the fuck up user no matter how fucked up some countries were, a good portion never went that far.

Too many people are going to get hurt with your thinking, user. It's simply not acceptable.

None of this is to say that personal responsibility is not extremely important, of course it is. But it is just not enough.

Not every country in that era was sending their own citizens to slave labor camps, retard

He and Darkseid wandered into Cartoon Network headquarters and had an existential crisis.

The Cadmus Arc had an awful climax. All that build up and grey morality and then suddenly Brainiac shows up and the conflict between the League and normal humans is over.

If you live in the West, user, you almost certainly live in a country which has committed (or supported and directly benefited from) genocide within the past century.

So kindly fuck off, thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=K4TC1xMyZDI

But i moved from the east. So your argument is moot. The only retard here is you user. Everyone else learned their lesson.

Indeed.

It's like as the storyline went on the writers got uncomfortable with the themes and question they presented and just wanted to quit.

>Everyone else learned their lesson.
But apparently didn't learn it when it comes to exploiting others for financial gain (capitalism).

Every country? No.
Far more countries than you think, including in the West? Yes.

Lex is a cunt

youtube.com/watch?v=RgHiDknRAgw

Yes because having property stolen and redistributed by the government isn't a form of exploitation.

>too much Lex-wank
Fuck off. It's refreshing when any non-comic DC property wanks a character who isn't Batman or Batman adjacent.

Just accept the reality of things. The only person you can trust in this kind of society is yourself, and if you fuck up, it's on you. Just accept this and move on, you can't change it or fight it anyways

this

I can accept it for myself. But I cannot accept voting for neoliberal economics (which means basically all the leading parties in the West).

Act right, but vote left. That's the smart choice.

The average person's options are having almost everything "stolen" by business, or a much smaller fraction "stolen" by good government.

That's objectively wrong. There has never been more options for PCs than there are now, same for laptops and phones.

There exist very little problems in the software industry and operating systems such as Linux are becoming more supported everyday.

Business doesn't steal from anyone government does. And government steals a much greater proportion considering it siphons money out at every step of production.

You're a fucking normie, aren't you?
Ugh, I'm going back to Sup Forums where people actually know what they're talking about. Most of the time.

Is eating optional, user? Or drinking? Or shelter?
Can all of those things be obtained for free?
If not, then yes business does steal.