Why is every single comic on the shelves these days a decompressed piece of garbage with terrible art and rehashed...

Why is every single comic on the shelves these days a decompressed piece of garbage with terrible art and rehashed storylines? Is there even anything worth checking out, anymore? I haven't been into comics for a few years, now. Used to frequent here in the days when Waid was still on Daredevil. Any suggestions?

>Why is every single comic on the shelves these days a decompressed piece of garbage with terrible art and rehashed storylines?

Huh. Sounds like your mother's cunt.

Then what examples of art in comics would you consider to be good?

Her cunt has art and storylines?

It will when I'm done with it.

John Byrne, John Romita, Sr., Goran Parlov, Dave Gibbons, Paolo Rivera, etc. People with actual attention to detail and care put into their work rather than just quick sketchings and exaggerated features drawn on a tablet.

I stopped buying comics, people say at lot of shit about the 90s era comics but at least it had well drawn women.

Comics now is badly drawn feminist shit.

>buying comics just because of drawings of women

Nigga you desperate as fuck. 2D women ain't gon' marry you, nigga.

They aren't, but if you're talking about the majority of DC and Marvel's output:

The good writers and artists don't get paid enough and have to deal with several levels of corporate red tape, so they work elsewhere.
Stories are strung out because most of the money comes from whales: they'll stick around no matter what, decompressed stories make casuals pay more for one story, it's less stress on the team per month and it's good for making trades.

Man, normies can have comics.

Night the 90's was home to some of the ugliest fucking art of female characters. Tons of manface, overdone musculature, twisted spines, shitty balloon toys and awful poses. Well drawn women were less common from 91-98 than now.

As they have for a century?

If Iron Man was released a century ago, sure.

>Is there even anything worth checking out, anymore?
>Any suggestions?

East of West
Sex Criminals
Godshaper
Black Cloud
Jupiter's Legacy
Injection
Saga
Shutter
Bitch Planet

Aliens: Dead Orbit
Black Hammer
Head Lopper

All-New Guardians of the Galaxy
Blackbolt
Jean Grey
Silver Surfer
Utimates
Ms. Marvel

Darth Vader

Bug!
Doom Patrol
Flash
Nightwing
Shade, the Changing Girl
The Wildstorm
Wonder Woman

You're an idiot.

How am I an idiot?

Do you honestly think comics had not existed before capes?

Fuck off, elitist hipster trash, you know what we're talking about here.

Because comic fans like authenticity, not quality. Imagine how batshit most of these people would go if the movies created entirely new protagonists.

Comic fans like to pretend only comics and cartoons should be able to do that

So... do you think non-cape comics are mainstream, or?

Fucking idiot.

What?

They would if they could

Stop conflating comic books and superhero comic books

yeah you open it up and count the rings to see the story of its age