In the history of voice acting was there ever anyone who came close to this guy?

In the history of voice acting was there ever anyone who came close to this guy?

Go to bed, John K.

June Foray

Get over it, Billy West

Frank Welker comes to mind.

Tress MacNeille's gotta lot of range, but there's only one Mel Blanc.

seth macfarlene

There was a time once when Mel Blanc was in a car wreck. He went into a coma. People would talk to him, but he made no reaction. Completely unresponsive, and presumed to remain so forever. One day someone happened to refer to him as Bugs Bunny. Laying in bed in a coma, he replied "What's up Doc?". It wasn't long after that he completely woke up and was back to normal. Doctors speculate that his response was a reflex, because of the number of times in a normal week that he would perform in character for crowds of children. All the characters he voiced were basically beings that lived within his mind. That day Bugs Bunny reached out and saved his life.

Do you think if I go to the cemetary and dig of Captain Lou Albano and talk to him like he's Mario, he'd open his eyes and say "We're back, paizanos!"

I do not.

I'm pretty sure he'd say "You go to hell before you die."

>In the history of voice acting was there ever anyone who came close to this guy?

Tress Macneille definitely has the range and flexibility to compete with him, personally she's my favorite voice actress

Why isn't this man number one? Seth Macfarlane above Blanc!?!? It really irks me that MacFarlane is extremely overrated. Yeah he voiced quite a few family guy characters and a couple American Dad characters. SO WHAT! That does not even compare to the many voices of Mel Blanc!

Nice story

kek

One iconic voice acting roll doesn't touch Mel Blanc

The Chapman brother who did all the Homestar Runner voices was pretty damn impressive. But no one ever really considers him since he never got into the industry officially.

No

Poor guy couldn't catch a break.

"He was on set of an Oldsmobile commercial with his son Noel (also acting in the commercial, and also a voice actor), and after filming, since Mel was coughing a bit, Noel Blanc got his father to go to the hospital and Mel chose to stay overnight just in case.

While in the hospital, the nurse or doctor forgot to put up the rail on the side of the bed, so Mel rolled over in his sleep and fell off the bed in the night. That broke his femur, causing fat emboli to release into his brain, causing a stroke and he died within 48 hours."

WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE HIM, BUGS

>Watching JoJo on Toonami.
>Bugs was clearly Mel's stand.
He must have face a powerful foe.

Troy Baker

>one

look at this nigga

look at this dumb nigga.

HE VOICED HER?!

>June Foray
We're done here

>Mel Blanc

>one iconic voice

YOU. FUCKING. IDIOT.

>Bugs bunny starts having a coughing fit

>Porky Pig takes him to the hospital and stays overnight with him.

>Bugs while sleeping falls out his bed and breaks his femur

>OW DOC MY LEG HURTS!

>Bugs ends up getting a stroke from a fatty embolism and dies.

He died a literal cartoon death.

no, but he did do a literal cartoon recovery from being smashed.

Didn't Mel have a mutation with his larynx that allowed him to create so many voices? Or is that one of those internet urban rumors?

>Thee-atheee-atheee-thththeee-thuh-thuhHe's dead, folks."

fuck you for making me laugh at that you glorious bastard

I genuinely enjoy Tom Kenny's VA work more than Blanc or anyone else.

Who the fuck else has Hamill voiced other than the Joker that even comes close to Mel? I said Hamill voiced one iconic character not the other way around

Seth MacFarlane

I didn't say Mel Blanc had one iconic role you faggot. Other way around

I wish their were unironic classic Bugs threads on Sup Forums that were popular. Looney Tunes is timeless animated kino