Why don't more shows use a setting similar to Talespin's?

Why don't more shows use a setting similar to Talespin's?

Other urls found in this thread:

cloudscratcher.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because this is the age of spaghetti arms, bean faces, and simple shapes.

>a cartoon
>about crushing poverty and debt
Too real.

Probably because superheroes (and by extension large, bustling cities) and trippy/surreal settings are more popular. And also because I doubt as many people involved in the entertainment industry today are as familiar or as interested in such a setting to push for one anyway.

No one really gets the whole south seas pulp scene anymore.

Tales of the Gold Monkey, you mean? I dunno. That pulpy pastiche stuff is great. I know a lot of people are inspired by it (and, to a greater extent, its derivations such as the oeuvre of George Lucas). It's fertile ground and I'd love to see more stuff in that vein.

That's a damn shame

It would require creativity and executives that want to take risks.

The industry has neither.

dieselpunk is best punk

It's a real shame seaplanes and flying boats aren't as common these days.

I see em on occasion. Then again, I live on a peninsula.

Neat

I loved that show so much. Literally everything about it is awesome.

I see them a lot, they're a fairly common sight if you know where to find them. Specifically, the coast guard station behind SFO and the Berkeley marina near Golden Gate Fields. There aren't many uses for floatplanes anymore, other than charter flights for people too lazy to drive to Tijuana.

If Porco Rosso was a show, there would be THREE shows with that premise.

Otherwise, you still only have Rebecca thread by OP who wants to fuck her, and Tales of the Golden Monkey.

That bear is so cute at the same time looking professional.
How did they do this shit?

What a stupid post.

because you then have to explain why all these white english people are in charge of India.

I was watching this last week OP.

Really miss this show.

Good point.

>using propeller planes
>in the supersonic age

Ur Mums a stupid post.
I wanted to be an artist, and things like design intrigue me. Talespin had a real distinct design.

>design
It's called "good work". Conveying personality through a single image is what illustrators have been doing for thousands of years.

>tfw Khan Industries is so rich it can operate battleships.

Yeah it's pretty underrated. Some of the Bond films used it really well. I think too many would see it as not politically correct, even though that's bullshit.

Love that battleship design.

Something about this setting reminded me of Skies of Arkadia but with water instead of skies.

Dieselpunk mixed with that architecture(art deco I think?) is the most comf ever

Don't hate

cloudscratcher.com/

If you like Talespin, this maybe worth checking out.

>Shere Khan as a billionaire CEO

Whomever had this idea was a fucking genius.

I do NOT like that art.

don' hate-o
dis p'tato.

So, Sup Forums aircraft thread? because I'd be down with that.

Here have some more aircraft related webms.

>Sup Forums aircraft thread
don't get me started

Rescue Rangers was better than Talespin. Much better in fact. Ducktales was also better, but Scrouge still deserves to burn in hell.

Does Atlantis count, or would it fall under a different catagory?

Yeah sure why not.

Is it the american version of Porco Rosso ?

They are close enough

Post your seaplanefu

It's alright, but he still can't design planes or aircraft at all.

I'm more of a flying boat guy.

The Piaggio technically is. But I feel you, I mean how comfy would living aboard one of those be?

You don't happen to be the guy who posted all thos webms here or on /n/ in the last seaplane thread?

I don't post on /n/, but I do have a lot of seaplane and flying boat webms.

Then it was probably here in another Talespin thread.
Got a mega or something for easy access? I love to see them in motion

>Got a mega or something for easy access?
I do not.

You could make one.

Maybe someday.

You'd be my friend if you did that

>tfw watching black lagoon recently and it's basically just tailspin: boat edition

Because today's kids couldn't relate. It has to be ABSOLUTE fantasy/scifi setting or modern day. They're too dumb to handle anything else.

this thread needs more kit

Holy shit how have I not checked this out before? That's some quality plane designs and action there. Thanks for sharing those.

>those plane designs
>all those big, ugly radials
>stalling is a thing
>big flying base

I'm going to have to find some episodes pronto.

All on youtube IIRC.

>Handpainted backgrounds
>Animating in two's
>Limbs with ACTUAL JOINTS

Are you insane?!!! That would suck up a whole year of budget!!!

goddamn, user, you activated my nostalgia card. Now I gotta go find this show again.

He meant "Character Design", you flat signal brain doofus.

It's twenty years later, we've got more tech and more population (cheaper labour even domestically) so I gotta wonder why the fuck is Disney acting like it can't afford to animate things the way they used to?

I don't know...honestly. It's not like they didn't outsource most of their 80's/mid 90's animation either.Asian and even european animation is still cheap as fuck compared to domestic animators.
Maybe they're testing the waters? Who knows, if the new Ducktales series makes good numbers, they may bring back some other series from that period.