Aunt May is "hot"

>Aunt May is "hot"
>Mary Jane is black Daria
>Spider-Man doesn't make his own suit/tech
>doesn't work at the Daily Bugle

Why did they think this was a good idea for a Spider-Man film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TSQxdHz2RyM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Aunt May is "hot"
This is a good thing.

That's not Mary Jane though.

He does though.

Why would he? He's still in Highschool.

>Why did they think this was a good idea for a Spider-Man film?

Because the last iteration was complete shit.

>hot Aunt May a good thing

Smells like Trouble.

>That's not Mary Jane though.

I don;t understand while people are still using this argument. Even if she isn't "Mary Jane" she's the MJ of the story, they aren't going to introduce another character named MJ after this one.

You're arguing from a position of semantics and pretending it's somehow clever.

>This is a good thing.

Depends. All it does is further make Peter into a fucking child, because he has a capable parental figure. Aunt May being old as she was forced Peter to buckle up and be a man quicker.

>That's not Mary Jane though.
She is, stop denying it.

>He does though.
Only to go back on them for Stark shit.

>Why would he? He's still in Highschool.
Just because you never worked part time as a teen doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't either. And goes back to what was said about Aunt May.

>Because the last iteration was complete shit.
This attempt is only marginally better.

Pete worked for the daily bugle when he was in high school
read a fucking book

For the record, I actually liked black Daria and thought she would have been a much better love interest than Liz. What I don't understand is why they made her Mary Jane.

There is nothing wrong with young Aunt May

>Just because you never worked part time as a teen doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't either. And goes back to what was said about Aunt May.

Well yeah, you work as a teen on the farm when you need cash to buy more glue to huff. He goes to a magnet school and is a superhero so it probably makes sense that he didn't go out trying for a 10 hour unpaid internship in a dying industry

Peter invented the web shooters, the web fluid, and his goggles. Stark just applied his ample resources and experience to upgrade them.

the dragon ball evolution of spider-man

>He goes to a magnet school

And that is shit.

>Aunt May is "Hot'
What's wrong with that?
But he does, He won against vulture using his hobo suit and DIY shooters

Makes sense for a poor kid smart enough something like his web shooters.

>Aunt May is "hot"

This is unforgivable.

I don't mind that she's black, but not giving MJ red hair... NOT COOL.

As for changing her character... since Mary Jane was always the "hot bombshell" one, maybe it'd actually be cool to have her grow from an awkward teenager into the "it-girl"... so that when Spidey ends up with her, the audience is more sympathetic to her, rather than rooting for the more down-to-Earth Gwen Stacey (should they introduce her) or Liz Allen and being annoyed that the supermodel got Spider-Man.

I really don't think MCU is above introducing a character actually named "Mary-Jane Watson" and going the more traditional route later on, though.

This pisses me off to no end. Like, Spider-Man's first non-makeshift suit is from Tony Stark. Before that, he had the equivalent of his early wrestler suit or whatever.

If he still created his "classic-look" suit, but Tony improved upon it and gave him the AI and made it look better, that would be fine.

But the fact that Peter isn't responsible for any Spider-Man suit that isn't some goggles and a hoodie... this is wrong.

Eh, I don't mind if they decide to have him freelance for them later down the road, rather than having him sell his work to them as a high-school freshman. Anybody that young actually profiting on photography would be pretty successful and cool, so it wouldn't give the job that "unrewarding odd job" status it's supposed to have. Maybe bring in the Bugle when he's in college and paying rent.

>Even if she isn't "Mary Jane" she's the MJ of the story

Not really. She was hardly in the movie. Marvel/Sony (whoever) clearly were planning to have her be such, but due to the scarcity of the character's presence in the film it's obvious they intended her as a safe experiment. And they're probably going to ditch it since 90% of people were either indifferent to her or received the character negatively.

So yeah, she may have been planned to be 'the MJ', but it doesn't look like they're gonna follow through with it. The experiment failed. She'll probably be written out or completely abandoned and they'll either use MJ or some other character entirely.

different user here

>You're arguing from a position of semantics
Semantics are exactly what you're complaining about. They gave her the initials MJ as a little joke. She is not Mary Jane Watson, she's a different character. She exhibits none of Mary Jane's traits.

You, and many people like you, are just upset that her initials are the same and taking that to mean that she must actually BE Mary Jane, and since she's nothing like Mary Jane, she's an awful Mary Jane. See how retarded that is?

Also: youtube.com/watch?v=TSQxdHz2RyM

I guess Magic Johnson is the new Mary Jane, right? I mean, Peter called him "MJ" in that trailer and it definitely wasn't a joke. Obviously Marvel intended the character of Mary Jane Watson to be played by Magic Johnson, rewriting and ruining the character in the process. Right? It couldn't possibly be nothing more than a dumb joke or reference, right? Marvel would never do that. Everyone knows they don't put jokes in their movies.

God, I'm so fucking smart.

>This pisses me off to no end. Like, Spider-Man's first non-makeshift suit is from Tony Stark. Before that, he had the equivalent of his early wrestler suit or whatever.
>If he still created his "classic-look" suit, but Tony improved upon it and gave him the AI and made it look better, that would be fine.
>But the fact that Peter isn't responsible for any Spider-Man suit that isn't some goggles and a hoodie... this is wrong.

He's a poor kid. No matter what level of genius intellect he has, that doesn't make up for a lack of resources. A kid from the ghetto should not be able to make tailor grade clothing. Tony making his shit makes 100% sense and is a great detail between the two. Spidey's suit is to Tony as Cap's shield is to Howard.

>she's the MJ of the story
But she's not. Like at all. She's barely got any screentime and doesn't even interact with Peter all that much.

And Tony didn't just give it to him out of nowhere. He specifically looks him up while he's still pretty early in his superheroing career, only dealing with petty street level stuff, and fast-forwards him to fighting against other supers in Civil War. Of course he's going to make him a high tech suit.

So many of the complaints against these films are just talking about how the story isn't completely identical to the comics (ignoring the fact that alternate Earths/universes have been a thing in the Marvel and DC mythos for fucking ever).

No, this version of Peter didn't engineer himself a high-tech spider suit from scratch. That's how this story goes. He is obviously poor - he's just a kid in school, and between homework and superheroing he probably doesn't have much time for a McJob. He even has to mix up his web fluid in secret during science class.

tldr;
>not muh spidey

The only thing that could make her Mary Jane is the name, and her name isn't even Mary Jane.

Imagine they threw in a completely random character, like a fat mexican guy, who had one line where he said "my friends call me Gobby". Would that be enough to make you think that he was the Green Goblin?

He didn't have to BUILD it himself, but he SHOULD have AT LEAST come up with the look or some IDEAS that Tony could implement.
It would only take a few throw away lines and make shit infinitely better.
>Peter what's this shit?
>Oh that's my notebook, it's got my ideas for how I can upgrade my old suit.
>There's some good shit in here, and I like this design you've made for a final costume you've got here. Tell you what I'll build this shit for you, and bring your vision to life.
>Thanks Uncle Tony!

And suddenly Peter actually has a hand in creating Spider-Man! Why are you okay with him being on Spider-Welfare?

I like how they did the " Great power comes with great responsibility" thing without saying it by having Peter learn to be responsible by not relying on the Suit in the last part of the film

>Why would he? He's still in Highschool.
Ultimate casual detected

I will bet you dollars to fucking donuts the J is for Jameson.

I'm pretty sure peter became spider-man when he decided to fight crime

>She is not Mary Jane Watson, she's a different character. She exhibits none of Mary Jane's traits.

Most adaptations don't follow character templates. This is not an argument.

>You, and many people like you, are just upset that her initials are the same and taking that to mean that she must actually BE Mary Jane, and since she's nothing like Mary Jane, she's an awful Mary Jane. See how retarded that is?

She is still the "MJ" of this series. They already sneaked in that shit. They aren't going back on it.

>Also: youtube.com/watch?v=TSQxdHz2RyM

Its just an ad. Not the movie.

>God, I'm so fucking smart.

No, you are not.

It's pretty fucking hard for a teenager to get a job at a major newspaper nowadays, user. And because anybody could take a picture of Spidey with their phone, it seems stupid if Peter could make a living out of it.

He doesn't have to take pictures. The Ultimate Universe found a proper substitute with him being a web designer.

>Aunt May is "hot"
It gave me a confused boner. I'm not used to being sexually attracted to Aunt May.

>>Mary Jane is black Daria
I'm okay with that even though she's not "Mary Jane".

>>Spider-Man doesn't make his own suit/tech
He did and it was what you'd expect a genius IQ science geek would make. Frankly Peter's homemade suit makes more sense than any of the Spider-Man suits from the previous movie. It was what the suit a 15 year old boy could make would look like. Just because he's a tech genius doesn't mean he's a cosplay genius.

>>doesn't work at the Daily Bugle
He's 15 years old. There's going to be sequel movies. He'll probably start freelancing at the Bugle in one of them.

Frankly it was the best Spider-Man film to date and the most believable Peter Parker.

There was none of that "why am I cursed with these super powers" emo bullshit. He was a kid trying to do the right thing and desperate for the approval of a father figure.

Yeah but that was because his aunt was old as fuck unlike here.

This. This dudes gets it.

>God, I'm so fucking smart.

No dude because you're "it's a joke" is a dumb argument because it's a dumb fucking joke. Like "Gwen Poole" "Shes NOT Gwen Stacey" is the fucking joke. It's dumb. It's way too on the nose. And in this case, it's way too on the nose again because they aren't going to introduce a new girl named Mary Jane and call her MJ. What are we going to get a line with Selfie-Boi going:

>"Oi mate this is bloody awkward ey? We got two bloody EMJAYEES here 'eh. How bunkers mate!"

It's also playing on casuals not knowing what "MJ" stands for. So it shows gross negligence in adapting Spider-Man period.

>Aunt May is "hot"
I like the reasons for her being younger that other movies though

Not Mary Jane, just a chick with the same initials.
Also: Black Daria? Yes please

This is just in the beginning. Back when you were 15-ish were you a wizard with textiles?
I know there are some talented teenagers with fabric and whatnot BUT these people have usually worked with stuff like that their entire life. Petey is a bookworm who is all about the science. Not costume making/design

give it time. I could see him loosing the "Stark scholarship", Aunt May being down on her luck and Peter then deciding that having spider-man pics on his tumblr isn't gonna cut so he sells them to some news site instead.
Or maybe just have it be like a side job. Go out patrolling, snap a few pics, mail 'em to Jonah, get some cash, go to school etc.

You and I both know exactly why.

nice quads and trips